Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,134 members, 7,818,416 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:53 PM

Which Book Of The Bible Made You Start Doubting? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Which Book Of The Bible Made You Start Doubting? (833 Views)

Which Book Of The Bible Presents The Complete Gospel? / Albert Einstein Letter Doubting God Auctioned For $2.89m / Is This Where Jesus Endorsed Asoebi In The Bible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Book Of The Bible Made You Start Doubting? by mumumugu(m): 2:50am On Jul 31, 2020
WHICH STORY IN THE BIBLE,MADE YOU QUESTION THE WHOLE BOOK ? Or Is it just one verse or chapter
Re: Which Book Of The Bible Made You Start Doubting? by Joagbaje(m): 3:54am On Jul 31, 2020
mumumugu:
WHICH STORY IN THE BIBLE,MADE YOU QUESTION THE WHOLE BOOK ?
Or Is it just one verse or chapter

Are you a Christian or pagan

1 Like

Re: Which Book Of The Bible Made You Start Doubting? by Nobody: 5:14am On Jul 31, 2020
mumumugu:
The STORY of ADAM and EVE.... in GENESIS sounds like a Fairytale

2 Likes

Re: Which Book Of The Bible Made You Start Doubting? by OtemAtum: 5:18am On Jul 31, 2020
Each story in the bible are exaggerated and adulterated versions of earlier stories from the Epic of Gilgamesh and co. They are not original texts. Mosheh, the founder of Judaism copied many earlier texts from Egypt, Sumer and Indian literatures.

4 Likes

Re: Which Book Of The Bible Made You Start Doubting? by Dtruthspeaker: 6:52am On Jul 31, 2020
Because you did not understand and comprehend a story, you, who did not know anything and came to the Bible to know, Now,
because of a story, you declared, even though you still do not know, that the Bible is untrue?

How can your judgement be sound and true when you did not know that which you judge?

Is it not Professionals and Experts of a certain discourse who can authoritatively comment on that subject?

How then can a Novice like you, be a good authority, that the people may listen to him?

In those days when we read Abbott, and did not understand or comprehend it, we did not condemn physics but we only wondered why it could not be written like Modern Biology!

1 Like

Re: Which Book Of The Bible Made You Start Doubting? by Dtruthspeaker: 6:57am On Jul 31, 2020
EVILFOREST:

The STORY of ADAM and EVE.... in GENESIS sounds like a Fairytale

That does not mean that it is untrue! For Our Creator gave us a Fairytale Life of Sweetness and Happiness and Peace until Man let it be Ruined!
Re: Which Book Of The Bible Made You Start Doubting? by kingxsamz(m): 11:59am On Jul 31, 2020
They call him the good god, but yet he commands men to commit genocide.
That's enough reason not to worship an invisible tyrant.

2 Likes

Re: Which Book Of The Bible Made You Start Doubting? by Dtruthspeaker: 3:09pm On Jul 31, 2020
kingxsamz:

A wise King Scattereth the Wicked and bringeth the wheel over them!
Re: Which Book Of The Bible Made You Start Doubting? by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jul 31, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

That does not mean that it is untrue! For Our Creator gave us a Fairytale Life of Sweetness and Happiness and Peace until Man let it be Ruined!

I have just a Question 4u...?
Please were you there...? Or the same story that was told to me was also explained to you..?

2 Likes

Re: Which Book Of The Bible Made You Start Doubting? by Major001(m): 4:29pm On Jul 31, 2020
One of these days you'll come to realize the truth. It's only a matter of time. I only hope it won't be too late.

Accept Jesus as Saviour & Lord now.

No one can guarantee you the next five minutes.

The worst thing that can happen to an atheist/unbeliever is to die in this life and open his eyes in the afterlife... only to come face to face with Almighty God.

And then you'll discover the joke had been on you all along.

It's easy to say and write whatever you want now...but when death eventually comes for you...

In the end...light will triumph over darkness. No amount of atheism or unbelief or careless talk can change that fact.

1 Like

Re: Which Book Of The Bible Made You Start Doubting? by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jul 31, 2020
kingxsamz:

God bless you ....!!!

He killed the entire male first children of the Egyptians he didn't even spare the animals.,.....and a sane person wants me to worship the MF.....never.....

1 Like

Re: Which Book Of The Bible Made You Start Doubting? by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jul 31, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

A wise King Scattereth the Wicked and bringeth the wheel over them!

A very foolish God that creates a problem and punishes others because of it

1 Like

Re: Which Book Of The Bible Made You Start Doubting? by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jul 31, 2020
Major001:
One of these days you'll come to realize the truth. It's only a matter of time. I only hope it won't be too late.

The worst thing that can happen to an atheist/unbeliever is to die in this life and open his eyes in the afterlife... only to come face to face with Almighty God.

It's easy to say and write whatever you want now...but when death eventually comes for you...

In the end...light will triumph over darkness. No amount of atheism or unbelief or careless talk can change that fact.

Bullshit....

I should accept your Jesus....lmaoool...

Where was he when our African ancestors were taken into slavery
Re: Which Book Of The Bible Made You Start Doubting? by Major001(m): 5:19pm On Jul 31, 2020
Good question. When you die and cross over to the other side...you'll have the opportunity to ask Him every question that made you turn into an atheist. Eternity awaits you, my friend. You can deny God all you want. But you can never deny the inevitability of death! It's coming for you. It's coming for us all. I can only plead with you to have a change of heart.

As a believer I also have troubling questions that I want to ask Him. But since I realized I didn't create myself, and I can't keep myself from dying, wouldn't it be wise to be on the safe side and simply accept His terms for eternity...which is receiving His Son as Saviour and Lord.

The definition of absurdity is fighting a lost battle. Your angry opinion of God doesn't change who He is one bit. You're pissed at forces you can not comprehend with your finite mind. We all have our pains, questions, crosses, and burdens...

Existence is His game. He has set the rules. It is most injudicious to go against them...seeing how powerless you are in the game of existence.

I'm not trying to convince you...I'm only giving it to you straight: one day, you, me, and every other person on this forum is going to DIE! And there's nothing you or anyone can do about that.

You do realize that your heart can stop beating right now! And just like that...it's all over.
Re: Which Book Of The Bible Made You Start Doubting? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:26pm On Jul 31, 2020
EVILFOREST:

I have just a Question 4u...?
Please were you there...? Or the same story that was told to me was also explained to you..?

I have an answer for you...?

Please, how did you know that it was a fairy tale, where you there? Was the same story not told to you and explained to you..?
Re: Which Book Of The Bible Made You Start Doubting? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:31pm On Jul 31, 2020
Xavfra:

A very foolish God that creates a problem and punishes others because of it

A very Foolish creature is one who drinks Poison to see if it is poison and blames everything and everybody for his foolish Self-cide, as he dies, in his foolishness!
Re: Which Book Of The Bible Made You Start Doubting? by Freeze007(m): 9:25pm On Jul 31, 2020
Xavfra:

Bullshit....

I should accept your Jesus....lmaoool...

Where was he when our African ancestors were taken into slavery

Please man I am truly struggling I need a job...I can do anything please help a brother out
Re: Which Book Of The Bible Made You Start Doubting? by mumumugu(m): 1:47am On Aug 01, 2020
Joagbaje:

Are you a Christian or pagan
None. Irreligious..
Re: Which Book Of The Bible Made You Start Doubting? by mumumugu(m): 1:48am On Aug 01, 2020
Major001:

This has nothing to do with Atheism.Even Bishops have experienced a moment of doubt in their faith before. It is normal
Re: Which Book Of The Bible Made You Start Doubting? by Missyajoke(f): 2:01am On Aug 01, 2020
mumumugu:

Is either something is wrong with you or you're wrong with something either ways it up to you to choose.
Re: Which Book Of The Bible Made You Start Doubting? by mumumugu(m): 2:13am On Aug 01, 2020
Missyajoke:

Is either something is wrong with you or you're wrong with something either ways it up to you to choose.
After reading my name, you still think I am normal, I think something is wrong with you
Re: Which Book Of The Bible Made You Start Doubting? by Missyajoke(f): 2:18am On Aug 01, 2020
mumumugu:

After reading my name, you still think I am normal, I think something is wrong with you

Goodnight.
Re: Which Book Of The Bible Made You Start Doubting? by Nobody: 7:32am On Aug 01, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

A very Foolish creature is one who drinks Poison to see if it is poison and blames everything and everybody for his foolish Self-cide, as he dies, in his foolishness!

Describing your God..... grin wink
Re: Which Book Of The Bible Made You Start Doubting? by Nobody: 7:34am On Aug 01, 2020
Freeze007:

Please man I am truly struggling I need a job...I can do anything please help a brother out

Please I'm sorry bro......I don't have any job now.....

If I do, I'll contact you......
Re: Which Book Of The Bible Made You Start Doubting? by Nobody: 7:59am On Aug 01, 2020
Freeze007:

Check the latest thread you created I posted some I got from a friend
Re: Which Book Of The Bible Made You Start Doubting? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:04am On Aug 01, 2020
Xavfra:

Describing your God..... grin wink

No surprise here after all your mouth and anus are one and the same thing.
Re: Which Book Of The Bible Made You Start Doubting? by Nobody: 8:05am On Aug 01, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

No surprise here after all your mouth and anus are one and the same thing.

Oh yes they are.....
Re: Which Book Of The Bible Made You Start Doubting? by sonmvayina(m): 9:24am On Aug 01, 2020
The gospel of Mathew... I knew at once when he mention that "a virgin will give birth.. In reference to the Isaiah story.. I know he was lying.. Isaiah was talking about his wife and his soon to be born son, as a sign and assurance for king Ahaz that the two kings plotting against him will not succeed..I knew that the Jesus story was questionable.. Much letter I discovered he never even existed.. Just a made up character..
Re: Which Book Of The Bible Made You Start Doubting? by Dtruthspeaker: 10:43am On Aug 01, 2020
sonmvayina:
The gospel of Mathew... I knew at once when he mention that "a virgin will give birth.. In reference to the Isaiah story.. I know he was lying.. Isaiah was talking about his wife and his soon to be born son, as a sign and assurance for king Ahaz that the two kings plotting against him will not succeed..I knew that the Jesus story was questionable.. Much letter I discovered he never even existed.. Just a made up character..

You have no right to speak about Mathew and Isaiah, you said they do not exist because they are Jewish histories and a fabrication.

So based on your Biased and Pre-judgded position on the Bible, these things do not concern you and your comments are Prohibited here, for as a child you do not know what you say neither are you in a position to say that it is untrue.
Re: Which Book Of The Bible Made You Start Doubting? by sonmvayina(m): 12:51pm On Aug 01, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

You have no right to speak about Mathew and Isaiah, you said they do not exist because they are Jewish histories and a fabrication.

So based on your Biased and Pre-judgded position on the Bible, these things do not concern you and your comments are Prohibited here, for as a child you do not know what you say neither are you in a position to say that it is untrue.

Am I right or wrong?
Re: Which Book Of The Bible Made You Start Doubting? by Dtruthspeaker: 3:57pm On Aug 01, 2020
sonmvayina:

Am I right or wrong?

I am not your judge!

I only said that your PreSet Position that all these matters do not exist immediately bars you from commenting on it.

It is nonsensical to you to comment about the rightness or wrongness of a thing that does not exist, as you Claimed.
Re: Which Book Of The Bible Made You Start Doubting? by sonmvayina(m): 4:02pm On Aug 01, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

I am not your judge!

I only said that your PreSet Position that all these matters do not exist immediately bars you from commenting on it.

It is nonsensical to you to comment about the rightness or wrongness of a thing that does not exist, as you Claimed.

You won't learn like this.. Be open minded... I said they are stories to teach us spiritual truth..
You don't want to accept the fact that you have wasted your whole life believing and following Jesus..
Jesus is a Roman idol created by the Roman catholic /empire.. Don't be deceived, you were given a brain to dictect bullshit. Use it..

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Omnipotency Of God. / Selling My Soul To The Satan. / How Do I Get My Muslim Neighbors To Reduce Their Mosque Sound System?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.