Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,781 members, 7,820,733 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:26 PM

Insecurity: Nigerians Know We Have Done Our Best – Buhari - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Insecurity: Nigerians Know We Have Done Our Best – Buhari (36362 Views)

Justice is different from judgement, Nigerians Know Who won On Feb 25 - Okutepa / ‘We Gave Our Best’, Buhari Thanks Ministers, State House Staff / Nigerians Know The Truth, Peter Obi Replies Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Insecurity: Nigerians Know We Have Done Our Best – Buhari by galaxy2020(m): 4:00am On Aug 01, 2020
See as I de look your lie lie gworo mouth...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Insecurity: Nigerians Know We Have Done Our Best – Buhari by Minjim: 4:00am On Aug 01, 2020
If this is your best , then certainly you're not the man for the job.

1 Like

Re: Insecurity: Nigerians Know We Have Done Our Best – Buhari by mysteryman2014: 4:01am On Aug 01, 2020
inoki247:
Na free this country dey d Truck no get brake e no get steering sef.... on the other thread I see someone trying to sell Nigeria on Ebay... Las Las na Copart or Craigslist diz country go land....

Bros, this ur comment is savage. Truly reflects the perfect condition of the cuntry.

Sad how we descend this low �.
Re: Insecurity: Nigerians Know We Have Done Our Best – Buhari by ReeLoaDead(m): 4:13am On Aug 01, 2020
BH is technically still in control ...

1 Like

Re: Insecurity: Nigerians Know We Have Done Our Best – Buhari by popoolay: 4:14am On Aug 01, 2020
Is this a statement of giving up on the fight against insecurity from the Mr President?

1 Like

Re: Insecurity: Nigerians Know We Have Done Our Best – Buhari by Letalkme: 4:17am On Aug 01, 2020
Nigerian know that your best was not enough, because you really disappointed Nigerian...
Only God we look upon, and He will surely see us through.
Re: Insecurity: Nigerians Know We Have Done Our Best – Buhari by Ghostmode2two(m): 4:30am On Aug 01, 2020
Could you believe this is coming from a retired Army General and a president of my beloved country? No hope for Nigerians anymore
Re: Insecurity: Nigerians Know We Have Done Our Best – Buhari by Enculer: 4:37am On Aug 01, 2020
Yorubas, blood is on your heads for supporting this terrorist because of VP slot.

1 Like

Re: Insecurity: Nigerians Know We Have Done Our Best – Buhari by TooGod247(m): 4:38am On Aug 01, 2020
my next world if i hear buhari , i go just drink 200 bottles of sniper, i can kill my self
Re: Insecurity: Nigerians Know We Have Done Our Best – Buhari by chriscrosss(m): 4:44am On Aug 01, 2020
Just look at wat a sane president is saying...people are dying everyday and you saying this..this man is fully lost..he lacks vision.. I swear...
Re: Insecurity: Nigerians Know We Have Done Our Best – Buhari by bergs2: 4:52am On Aug 01, 2020
Griffon:
This man puts the I in incompetent. He had no strategic plan to wipe out the BH sect yet he was running his mouth just to score votes.

A leader makes no excuses. In a sane country, he should have resigned for failing to deliver the tons of promises he made millions of Nigerians. But No, this is Africa where geriatric politicians prefer dying in power Failed leadership!

@Griffon, I think otherwise at bolded texts.
I do not think the politicians are our problem: we the young people; who should be taking our future into our hands, defying all odds to hold our leaders accountable rather are.
A law enforcement agent knelt on the neck of a black man and watch until he gave up the ghost in America(The supposed largest Democracy) and what that resulted was an uproar/ national condemnation that saw the whole of America shut down for weeks. When the heat of the unrest became unbearable, it threw fear into the politicians that even security chiefs were apologising to the people; and up until now , America has not recovered from that mass uprising against the govt.
But no, back home here, our docility alongside ignorance of the citizens have continued to gulp grave gullibility and backwardness with a Utopian thought that Politicians will make this nation work.
But no, I disagree b/c that ideal thought only works on the pages of Govt/ Civic Education textbooks.
If u ever saw the occasion where the president made this Statement, it is the elites that'd be hailing his as if he is the best while the people remain docile and utmostly gullible.
In saner climes, the people would have shut him down for making such outrageous statement, but no, we think we'd wake from our dreams one day and Nigeria will suddenly become a Utopia.
It does not happen anywhere. Change and transformation are stirred and influenced by the people and not by dreaming and waking up.

Its time the black youths in Africa understand their roles in the scheme of affairs and rise to the occasion; otherwise, the present narrative will linger for ages.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Insecurity: Nigerians Know We Have Done Our Best – Buhari by tsspsolutions: 4:53am On Aug 01, 2020
FrLukas:
No going back on Yoruba country.

It's a MUST. We're ready to kill in order to have it.
Re: Insecurity: Nigerians Know We Have Done Our Best – Buhari by bigfish3k: 4:56am On Aug 01, 2020
joepepsy:
Compare to where we were before, he has done well, security issue is the not just the responsibility of the govt but every citizens,when we people sabotaging the effort of the president.
Where you creep out from. Mtchew

1 Like

Re: Insecurity: Nigerians Know We Have Done Our Best – Buhari by bigfish3k: 5:00am On Aug 01, 2020
bergs2:

@Griffon, I think otherwise at bolded texts.
I do not think the politicians are our problem: we the young people; who should be taking our future into our hands, defying all odds to hold our leaders accountable rather are.
A law enforcement agent knelt on the neck of a black man and watch until he gave up the ghost in America(The supposed largest Democracy) and what that resulted was an uproar/ national condemnation that saw the whole of America shut down for weeks. When the heat of the unrest became unbearable, it threw fear into the politicians that even security chiefs were apologising to the people; and up until now , America has not recovered from that mass uprising against the govt.
But no, back home here, our docility alongside ignorance of the citizens have continued to gulp grave gullibility and backwardness with a Utopian thought that Politicians will make this nation work.
But no, I disagree b/c that ideal thought only works on the pages of Govt/ Civic Education textbooks.
If u ever saw the occasion where the president made this Statement, it is the elites that'd be hailing his as if he is the best while the people remain docile and utmostly gullible.
In saner climes, the people would have shut him down for making such outrageous statement, but no, we think we'd wake from our dreams one day and Nigeria will suddenly become a Utopia.
It does not happen anywhere. Change and transformation are stirred and influenced by the people and not by dreaming and waking up.

Its time the black youths in Africa understand their roles in the scheme of affairs and rise to the occasion; otherwise, the present narrative will linger for ages.
Tribalism and religious differences makes all you wrote up there impossible.
True federalism or confederation is the solution
Re: Insecurity: Nigerians Know We Have Done Our Best – Buhari by AFONJAPIG(m): 5:10am On Aug 01, 2020
You have done your Best in what I think he meant incompetency, senseless economic policies, nepotism and cruelty, I thought u said u will end Boko Haram and insurgencies in 60 days of ur tenure Time has vindicate igbos as been the most sensible, productive and selfless people in Nigeria, they rejected this clown in 4 good times until Ashiwaju Thiefinubu rebranded him from clueless tyrant to unrepentant despot/Democrat and sold him to the Yorubas , igbos saw this coming because they are the highest beneficiary of commerce, they knw voting this man will bring woes and economy failure, they voted against him not because of his affliction and love for terrorism, they knw he has nothing to offer his sole motive is to finished what he couldn't finish in 1983... Yorubas that voted for this clown are aware of his cluelessness but they voted for him because they want to have a shot to the presidency which I knw Arewa will shortchange them again as they did in the past , how can I be this selfish because u want one of ur own to be the President, Obj was president for 8 good years did he go houses to houses in Yoruba land to share money U don't even need to have one of ur own as the president to achieve growth and developmental strides as igbos has proven it today, how I wish this economic assassin we have in Aso Rock can go beyond 2023 so next time when people that knw better warn them they can take it into consideration... Make unah enjoy unah Nigeria, I warned one of my good friend I met during last election, please don't vote for buhari , he said never , he will vote for him because Ashiwaju Thiefinubu said they should vote for him, I told him if this man won the election, before his swearing-in I will leave this country for good until he finished what he came to finish, I do as I said and exist this backward Country to a saner clime, now that same friend is now wailing, telling me how horrible Nigeria is today, begging me few dollars Everytime, yeah I give him oooo because it's my nature to give but I keep reminding him how he sold his future because of Ashiwaju Thiefinubu interest...

I will vote for any Yoruba or Hausa man that proven to be selfless man with balls against any Igbo man that has nothing to offer... We are not selfish , we don't need to have one of our own as president before we can buy more properties in Lagos and ogun state... The wiseness of Yoruba and Hausa/fulanis has became the stupidness of Igbo man

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Insecurity: Nigerians Know We Have Done Our Best – Buhari by Nicepoker(m): 5:13am On Aug 01, 2020
dorothy111:
If you're unsatisfied. Carry gun and enter Sambisa.
Baba cannot kill himself
lead the team.
Re: Insecurity: Nigerians Know We Have Done Our Best – Buhari by Obipat(m): 5:19am On Aug 01, 2020
dorothy111:
Baba cannot kill himself
When Jesus said "it's finished" He was referring to your brain because the only thing you can think of is the 30,000 naira monthly allowance they pay you which is 62 dollars. No wonder he called you lazy youths.

1 Like

Re: Insecurity: Nigerians Know We Have Done Our Best – Buhari by Nobody: 5:21am On Aug 01, 2020
Buhari can't arrest MiyettiAllah for their banditry/terrorism.

This means that Buhari will keep releasing and rewarding banditry/terrorism.

Don't expect good governance from them.

Nigerians are going to suffer more- if this is their best.

Sai baba!
Re: Insecurity: Nigerians Know We Have Done Our Best – Buhari by Oxb90: 5:26am On Aug 01, 2020
Omooba77:

Many fell for his trap and laxity.
I was not among
Re: Insecurity: Nigerians Know We Have Done Our Best – Buhari by Nobody: 5:28am On Aug 01, 2020
Ok, Pa Buhari rule your turn and make way for another idiot.
Naija na Scam
Re: Insecurity: Nigerians Know We Have Done Our Best – Buhari by nnamdi640: 5:28am On Aug 01, 2020
dorothy111:
Baba cannot kill himself
How I wish those bandits will visit your family then you will know that this man has failed so many people.
Re: Insecurity: Nigerians Know We Have Done Our Best – Buhari by Yus2020: 5:36am On Aug 01, 2020
Buhari you are the wost President in the history of Nigeria your regime is Kill,steal and destroyed.
Others try but you have F9
Re: Insecurity: Nigerians Know We Have Done Our Best – Buhari by afecgivers: 5:36am On Aug 01, 2020
Gor gor gor gor God no go shame Us The beneficiary in Nigeria knows you have tried your best.
Re: Insecurity: Nigerians Know We Have Done Our Best – Buhari by Aflix(m): 5:37am On Aug 01, 2020
Arrewa, , simplyleo, helinus, Thatfairguy, food DN ready
Re: Insecurity: Nigerians Know We Have Done Our Best – Buhari by osusuallstars: 5:48am On Aug 01, 2020
Thank you for your honesty and straight forward ness.
You have done your best .
But the truth remains that your very best is far below the input of any bad president in the world.. You are afraid of coup hence decided to keep the service chiefs despite public outcry for their sack since 4 years ago.
You are happy that your tribal foot soldiers are wrecking havoc in southern Kaduna and many other southern towns .
You rehabilitated and integrated terrorists into the army and society .
You merely called them misguided brothers.
The victims are still in the idp camps ;,widows and widowers , orphaned , and homeless.
The remaining 3 years of your tenure is heavily pregnant and if you can be fair to nature , just born now by resigning and hand over to your deputy .
After which it will be the turn of south east or dissolution of this contraption .
Re: Insecurity: Nigerians Know We Have Done Our Best – Buhari by Agugbadin: 5:52am On Aug 01, 2020
dorothy111:
Baba cannot kill himself

But it was the promise he made while campaigning and that was the reason he was elected to bring about the change. Now that he has gotten Nigerians votes first-time and second time he said his done his best, then ask for help from America or Russia or alternatively resign.
Re: Insecurity: Nigerians Know We Have Done Our Best – Buhari by Ybholy(m): 6:04am On Aug 01, 2020
Yes... We already know you've done your best in turning the country upside down
Re: Insecurity: Nigerians Know We Have Done Our Best – Buhari by orisa37: 6:07am On Aug 01, 2020
YOU HAVE DONE NOTHING MR. PRESIDENT UNTIL YOU JETTISON RIFA-RUGA ISLAMISATION FULANISATION AND ANARCHY POLICY OF YOURS, YOUR CABAL THE DSS AND YOUR MIYETTI ALLAH FULANI HERDSMEN

AND

USE YOUR PRESIDENTIAL ORDERS TO AUTHORISE RESOLUTIONS OF NASS AND STATE ASSEMBLIES TO CERTIFY APREC-AUTONOMOUS POLICING RESOURCING AND ELECTIONEERING CONTROL FOR OUR 36 CONSTITUTIONAL STATES NOW AND
WITHOUT FURTHER DELAY.

LISTEN TO THE ADVICE OF GOWON AND OBASANJO. THEY'RE RETIRED GENERALS LIKE YOU. AND THIS NIGERIA BELONGS TO ALL OF US IN EQUAL SHARES.

To AFENIFERE OHANEZE PDP AND APC

From Orunto27
Re: Insecurity: Nigerians Know We Have Done Our Best – Buhari by orisa37: 6:11am On Aug 01, 2020
rejoice4eva:
Correct. Especially those who have awful stories to tell. Those who have lost their loved ones know that the government is on top of the situation.

NO. NOT CORRECT.
Re: Insecurity: Nigerians Know We Have Done Our Best – Buhari by orisa37: 6:12am On Aug 01, 2020
Supan:
Pls Sir, humbly resign if you have exhausted every option in your head. Let someone else try.

Just imagine the president of 200 million people.

THAT'S CORRECT.

1 Like

Re: Insecurity: Nigerians Know We Have Done Our Best – Buhari by highfaculty(m): 6:13am On Aug 01, 2020
Omooba77:
his family members and some top government officials to observe the Eid El-Kabir prayers inside the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

The President’s claim that he has done his best on insurgency and militancy came two days after insurgents attacked the convoy of the Borno State Governor, Babagana Zulum.

The governor was said to be on routine inspection when his convoy was attacked by suspected members of Boko Haram between Baga and Munguno on Wednesday.

On Thursday, multiple explosions from mortars fired by suspected Boko Haram members hit Maiduguri, the Borno State capital, leaving many injured.

But Buhari, who recalled that his regime inherited the security challenges from the previous administration, said he has done his best.

He however knocked security agencies on the current security challenges in the North West and North Central, saying they can do better than what they are currently doing.

The President said, “I want Nigerians to be very conscious of their country and what we inherited when we came in 2015 was Boko Haram – North East and the militants, the South-South. Nigerians know that we have done our best.

“What is coming up in the North West and North Central is very disturbing indeed but I believe the military, the police, and other law enforcement agencies from the report I am getting, I think they could do much better.

They could do much better, but we are keeping them on the alert all the time to do their duties.”

The President’s Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu, later issued a statement quoting Buhari as giving assurances that there would be more resources for the country’s military, police, and other security agencies to deal with the unwanted security situation in some areas of the country.

The statement was titled “President Buhari pledges more resources to deal with ‘very disturbing’ security situation in parts of the country.”

Shehu said while assessing the state of security in the country, the President described the situation, particularly in the North West and the North Central parts of the country as “very disturbing.”

He further quoted Buhari as saying that while much had been achieved, security-wise, from the situation he inherited in 2015, more still needed to be done.
The statement read, “He (the President) said considering the security situation on ground when he came to office, ‘Nigerians know that we have done our best. However, what is coming out of the North West and the North Central is very disturbing.’

“Responding to a specific question on the performance of the service chiefs which recently, he said needed to get better, the President said that the military, the police, and other security agencies are working hard.

“We are making available resources to them to even do better,” he assured, adding that “from the reports I am getting, they could do much better…they could do much better. But we are keeping them on the alert all the time to do their duties.”

https://punchng.com/insecurity-nigerians-know-we-have-done-our-best-buhari/?

� � � �

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

'I Only Fear God And Buhari' - Amosun Knocks Oshiomhole / Buhari’s Nomination Of Kingsley Obiora, Emefiele’s ‘Kinsman’ As Deputy Governor / Anambra Election: Victor Umeh Ejected From Ihiala LGA Headquarters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.