Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:35 AM

The Name Ile Binu Was Giving By Itsekiri Not Oromiyan - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Name Ile Binu Was Giving By Itsekiri Not Oromiyan (2835 Views)

Olu Of Warri Kicks Out Ayiri, Revalidates Iyatsere, 10 Other Itsekiri Chiefs / Olu Of Warri Coronation: Tsola Emiko Walking Before Departing For Ode-Itsekiri / Itsekiri Names And Their Meaning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Name Ile Binu Was Giving By Itsekiri Not Oromiyan by gregyboy(m): 11:16am On Aug 03, 2020
Wtf77:

He is a yoruba.

And he poses like igbo, i dont aboard slys, they digust me, why hide to cause chaos when you can still do it with your identity, slys are always left in the shadows before they are killed

Cc:MelesZenawi
Re: The Name Ile Binu Was Giving By Itsekiri Not Oromiyan by gregyboy(m): 11:54am On Aug 03, 2020
Omoregiek:

Sorry, busy weekend, how are you, are you saying ogiso dynasty never happened

Yep it nevered bro, ogiso was a mythical story told in ancient times they are mythical sky kings told by benin royals to make themselves Divine, according to benin history recorded by Europeans in early times the benins told the European they migrated from the Middle belt of nigeria ,

You need to research on benin history bro it is way detailed than any other african history the European recorded the benin-british war, in details they recorded everything about us, so they can sell the fanatics explore to their country men, Portuguese were the first people who invited other European to benin, unluckily Portuguese benin relationship only lasted two centuries before benin-dutch relationship began which was the strongest

Email me i will send you some pdf file of 14mb of benin artwork and how it got to Europe

Oba eweka 11 ascended the throne at 1914 after all d nigerian kings were already planning with the British govt oba eweka ascended the throne very late compare to the other monarchs he ascended the throne in 1914 he was a farmer in his mom village and had given up on the throne before he was called to ascend the throne in 1914 after his ascertion he made some unfounded statement at of diplomacy and ethnic gains linking the oba dynasty to ife if he was alive now he would correct those ascertion

Again yorubas started naming their kings oba after oba eweka drew the line of friendship

You should also know am not the only Benin who agrees to this new fact, this false ascension made by oba eweka11 could have been corrected in the past before 1970 if info was very easy to obtain in the past

The first article you should read is a reconsideration of benin ife relationship by afc ryder, written as early as 1990,afc ryder is a benin European historian, he is a whiteman who has gathered so many European documents from various sources and he puts them together to make his research and writeup
He is a white benin historian he also write other African history too but is good works are on benin history

Just go and do research just know benin history is inexhaustible to read, you just keep reading and reading, first channel your energy on benin-ife validity

It is funny benin dont even know their history apart from benin-ife controversy
Re: The Name Ile Binu Was Giving By Itsekiri Not Oromiyan by googi: 2:43pm On Aug 03, 2020
Greyboy,

Your dependency on Portuguese or European writers that were blind men describing an elephant is shameful.

Sudanese and Arabs wrote about any Nigerian ethnic group (Yoruba or Hausa) before your Portuguese.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Name Ile Binu Was Giving By Itsekiri Not Oromiyan by TAO12: 4:22pm On Aug 03, 2020
Wtf77:
Stop focussing on language similarities. Those are subjective and meaningless. Only 2 things matter:

1) history (as written down by eyewitnesses)
2) the will of the people

I just keep wondering about the identities of these linguists who fvcked up the heads of southerners.
Even though we can read and write, our ancestors were way smarter than us.

Stop confusing bullshit said by linguists with ethnicity ! All these fake sciences are just annoying
cc: MelesZenawi, googi, keraxes, illicit, 900winer, RuggedSniper, Balogunodua, Christistruth00, MetaPhysical

Interestingly, I will base my refutation on your own criteria of the “Only 2 things [that] matter”:

(1) Quoting from the eyewitness account of Captain H.L. Gallwey’s “Journeys in the Benin Country”:

“Let me now refer briefly to the tribes that people this part of the world. First we come to the Jakris [Itsekiris], who are connected in RACE AND language with the Yoruba people, extending from the Mahin country on the west to the Forcados on the East, and inland about as far as Sapele.”

— H.L. Gallwey, “Journeys in the Benin Country, West Africa”, The Geographical Journal, Vol. 1, No. 2 (Feb., 1893), p.127.
(2) Quoting from H. Ling Roth’s (1903) eyewitness report:

“In this respect, however, the officials agree with the tradition of the people at Warri, the Jekries [Itsekiris], WHO CLAIM to come from the west.

— H. Ling Roth, Great Benin: Its Customs, Arts and Horrors, (1903), pp.8-9.

Oh ye Edos, desist from lying before I single-handedly bring down your 2by2 kingdom. cheesy

cc: AreaFada2

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: The Name Ile Binu Was Giving By Itsekiri Not Oromiyan by Edeyoung: 6:53pm On Aug 03, 2020
TAO12:
cc: MelesZenawi, googi, keraxes, illicit, 900winer, RuggedSniper, Balogunodua, Christistruth00

(1) Quoting from the eyewitness account of Captain H.L. Gallwey’s “Journeys in the Benin Country”:

“Let me now refer briefly to the tribes that people this part of the world. First we come to the Jakris [Itsekiris], who are connected in RACE and language with the Yoruba people, extending from the Mahin country on the west to the Forcados on the East, and inland about as far as Sapele.”

— H.L. Gallwey, “Journeys in the Benin Country, West Africa”, The Geographical Journal, Vol. 1, No. 2 (Feb., 1893), p.127.
(2) Quoting from H. Ling Roth’s (1903) eyewitness report:

“In this respect, however, the officials agree with the tradition of the people at Warri, the Jekries, WHO CLAIM to come from the west.

— H. Ling Roth, Great Benin: Its Customs, Arts and Horrors, (1903), pp.8-9.

Oh ye Edos, desist from lying before I single-handedly bring down your 2by2 kingdom. cheesy

cc: AreaFada2

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Name Ile Binu Was Giving By Itsekiri Not Oromiyan by Edeyoung: 6:54pm On Aug 03, 2020
gregyboy:

Yep it nevered bro, ogiso was a mythical story told in ancient times they are mythical sky kings told by benin royals to make themselves Divine, according to benin history recorded by Europeans in early times the benins told the European they migrated from the Middle belt of nigeria ,

You need to research on benin history bro it is way detailed than any other african history the European recorded the benin-british war, in details they recorded everything about us, so they can sell the fanatics explore to their country men, Portuguese were the first people who invited other European to benin, unluckily Portuguese benin relationship only lasted two centuries before benin-dutch relationship began which was the strongest

Email me i will send you some pdf file of 14mb of benin artwork and how it got to Europe

Oba eweka 11 ascended the throne at 1914 after all d nigerian kings were already planning with the British govt oba eweka ascended the throne very late compare to the other monarchs he ascended the throne in 1914 he was a farmer in his mom village and had given up on the throne before he was called to ascend the throne in 1914 after his ascertion he made some unfounded statement at of diplomacy and ethnic gains linking the oba dynasty to ife if he was alive now he would correct those ascertion

Again yorubas started naming their kings oba after oba eweka drew the line of friendship

You should also know am not the only Benin who agrees to this new fact, this false ascension made by oba eweka11 could have been corrected in the past before 1970 if info was very easy to obtain in the past

The first article you should read is a reconsideration of benin ife relationship by afc ryder, written as early as 1990,afc ryder is a benin European historian, he is a whiteman who has gathered so many European documents from various sources and he puts them together to make his research and writeup
He is a white benin historian he also write other African history too but is good works are on benin history

Just go and do research just know benin history is inexhaustible to read, you just keep reading and reading, first channel your energy on benin-ife validity

It is funny benin dont even know their history apart from benin-ife controversy
Re: The Name Ile Binu Was Giving By Itsekiri Not Oromiyan by Edeyoung: 6:57pm On Aug 03, 2020
Omoregiek:

Sorry, busy weekend, how are you, are you saying ogiso dynasty never happened
Re: The Name Ile Binu Was Giving By Itsekiri Not Oromiyan by Omoregiek: 6:57am On Aug 04, 2020
Wtf77:

no eye witness written document about it.

A story doesn't translate into truth just because someone tells it. It needs proof to back it ( in this case only eye witness written documents will do). And this story has no proof. It is just a myth like that of father Christmas.

The problem you guys in Africa are having is that you are not well educated, far from it. The African continent is the only continent in which adults still believe in fairytales. Eventhough you can read and write, you are not as smart as your ancestors who couldn't read and write.

You don't think properly.

Didn't mean it as disrespect, wanted to know, if you are a historian or just a keen Benin like myself
Re: The Name Ile Binu Was Giving By Itsekiri Not Oromiyan by Nobody: 7:02am On Aug 04, 2020
Wtf77:

no eye witness written document about it.

A story doesn't translate into truth just because someone tells it. It needs proof to back it ( in this case only eye witness written documents will do). And this story has no proof. It is just a myth like that of father Christmas.

The problem you guys in Africa are having is that you are not well educated, far from it. The African continent is the only continent in which adults still believe in fairytales. Eventhough you can read and write, you are not as smart as your ancestors who couldn't read and write.

You don't think properly.

after running, the reality awaits u....u are part of yoruba nation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Name Ile Binu Was Giving By Itsekiri Not Oromiyan by Edeyoung: 1:48am On Aug 05, 2020
Omoregiek:

Didn't mean it as disrespect, wanted to know, if you are a historian or just a keen Benin like myself

The first screenshot showsx how oba akenzua tried to escsoe the ethnographers because they knw the gane played with the staged history

Oba eweka11 tried to groom a bini connection with yorubas since we shared things in common than any otger tribe in early nigeria and they were more politically prosperous in earliest times so he said what he said for favour

Be wise hope u researching

Re: The Name Ile Binu Was Giving By Itsekiri Not Oromiyan by Edeyoung: 1:55am On Aug 05, 2020
gregyboy:
The name ile binu was given by itskeri not oromiyan, a mythical guy from ife, the Portuguese and other European traded with benins for 400yrs and some died at ughoton, some ethnographers even visited the palace and the oba allowed them visit his ancestoral shrines, the Europeans were eager to write and document benin history to sell to their country men and as a matter of fact ethnographers who visted benin 1820 documented that the origin of the dynasty originated when a white god came to sleep with the ogiso daughter who later gave birth to a son who birthed the oba dynasty non mentioned oromiyan or ife relationship with benin over their 400yrs visit to benin angry,
as a matter of fact the itsekiri were the first to meet the Portuguese at the shores of ughoton who later informed them not to venture into edo as the people were always angry, and used alot of human sacrifice if strangers there approached it

Please if you have not read several articles or books on benin history dont open your dirty mouth because you read just an article promoting a benin-ife myth you feel you now have a right to have a say, on this discussion

Re: The Name Ile Binu Was Giving By Itsekiri Not Oromiyan by Emilokoiyawon: 1:44am On Aug 06, 2020
weak lies from the rancid pit of 1st Ibiwe Street. Try another one, this one is too weak.

2 Likes

Re: The Name Ile Binu Was Giving By Itsekiri Not Oromiyan by Emilokoiyawon: 2:11am On Aug 06, 2020
googi:
Gayboy,Your dependency on Portuguese or European writers that were blind men describing an elephant is shameful.Sudanese and Arabs wrote about any Nigerian ethnic group (Yoruba or Hausa) before your Portuguese.

Gayboy is a colonially brainwashed colonial slave. If white man writes it, it must be true EVEN if it defies all logic and reality on ground.

1 Like

Re: The Name Ile Binu Was Giving By Itsekiri Not Oromiyan by Edeyoung: 7:05am On Aug 06, 2020
Emilokoiyawon:

Gayboy is a colonially brainwashed colonial slave. If white man writes it, it must be true EVEN if it defies all logic and reality on ground.

Our yoruba Brothers are pained, watch how i will crumble the myth here on nairaland, and soon i will do it in the entire nigeria,

Benin-ife myth were fables filled with ethnic political diplomacy and holds no grounds instead of crying and lashing , why cant you all just accept the truth and move on,

After 350yrs of scientist, thinking sperm swam, just this year they found it really wasnt swimming, but spilling , info accessible to this generation wasnt accessible to the last generation,that's why the myth went thid far, if we had Google then, maybe this myth wouldn't go this far but left as a political diplomatic move,

The next nigeria generation wouldn't even buy into the benin-ife lies one bit, because wide info would be at their finger tips

If you want to debunk my claims first pick a benin history book and read, you will be able to challenge me better instead of lashing uncouth words on the Europeans who your ancestors quickly sold their lands to and bowed for at the sight of guns

Am just being lazy to go search for more proves to this bini-ife myth , were i kept them for a better thread, i will be bringing them time to time when i see them

All benin should read A reconsideration of benin-ife relationships by afc ryder
Re: The Name Ile Binu Was Giving By Itsekiri Not Oromiyan by anucha20natasha: 7:14am On Aug 06, 2020
Hello good day. I am Natasha. There is now a platform created to support and grow agricultural and food related brands. It is called The Chicken Farm. It is a site that connects buyers and sellers of chicken products. Products including: Poultry, Fast Food, Equipment, Manure, Feed etc can all be sold and bought on the site as long as they relate to chicken. Register with: https://www.thechickenfarm.com.ng/register/TCU20ANU500
It's all free. It's for everyone
Re: The Name Ile Binu Was Giving By Itsekiri Not Oromiyan by TAO12: 3:50pm On Aug 06, 2020
Wtf77:

1)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvaiC_djW8o

2) the British defeated oyo without a fight

Regarding this YouTube video of Oba Akiolu’s interview, see link:

https://www.nairaland.com/6016047/ewuare-oba-benin-hails-wike/23#92400717

Provide the evidence of Oyo’s defeat by British, none exist. On the other hand, I will provide you with an evidence of Oba Ovonramwen being expelled in chains from his own kingdom. grin cheesy

cc: Keraxes

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Name Ile Binu Was Giving By Itsekiri Not Oromiyan by Edeyoung: 4:30pm On Aug 06, 2020
TAO12:

Regarding his YouTube video of Oba Akiolu’s interview, see link:

https://www.nairaland.com/6016047/ewuare-oba-benin-hails-wike/23#92400717

Provide the evidence of Oyo’s defeat by British, none exist. On the other hand, I will provide you with an evidence of Oba Ovonramwen being expelled in chains from his own kingdom. grin cheesy

cc: Keraxes

Het TAO11 you're back
And your first comment from oblivion is an hate speech, you should be of wary hate speech has increased from 5000k to 5 million, no escape if caught
Any way we missed you you're the only yoruba that can shake the benin debators, the others are bootless fellows

Arguing with you sends someone for a research unlike your other fellow coward brothers that are scared to pick a benin history and read for themselves

So how is your research on benim history anything new, you want we benins to know,
Re: The Name Ile Binu Was Giving By Itsekiri Not Oromiyan by TAO12: 5:52pm On Aug 06, 2020
Edeyoung:

Het TAO11 you're back
And your first comment from oblivion is an hate speech, you should be of wary hate speech has increased from 5000k to 5 million, no escape if caught
Any way we missed you you're the only yoruba that can shake the benin debators, the others are bootless fellows
Arguing with you sends someone for a research unlike your other fellow coward brothers that are scared to pick a benin history and read for themselves

So how is your research on benim history anything new, you want we benins to know,
(1) I have always been around, I was only busy flogging your brother @Prolog, aka @Ghostwon, aka @Historyworld, aka @Logycs, aka @Sanity, and aka @Wtf77 (his latest moniker) — and I flogged him into oblivion as always. Check the threads. grin

(2) You, — @Edeyoung, aka @gregyboy — on the other hand, are nothing but an inconsequential piece of cake for me. So, you should understand I have you in my pocket already.

There is no new propaganda about Benin kingdom that I’ve not already exposed as a falsehood. So there is no point looking for me to help you popularize your dead threads.

Moreover, even your thread here is a further evidence for the traditional account of the origin of Benin’s name from Oranmiyan’s “Ubinu”.

In other words, among all the neighboring people closely affiliated with Benin in the South (i.e. the Urhobo, the Isoko, the Ijaw, the Itsekiri, et al.); it is only the Itsekiri (a Yoruba sub-group) who called Benin by the Yoruba word — “Ubini”.

(3) Moreover, I have already demonstrated at this link that the Itsekiris are a Yoruba-subgroup, and you could not utter a word in reply to my evidence — your only reply was six dots “......”. You then proceeded to “like” your own six-dots reply using your 2nd account. grin grin

cc: Keraxes, Emilokoiyawon

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Name Ile Binu Was Giving By Itsekiri Not Oromiyan by Edeyoung: 5:57pm On Aug 06, 2020
Emilokoiyawon:
weak lies from the rancid pit of 1st Ibiwe Street. Try another one, this one is too weak.

He even knows benin, yorubas will always want to associate with us, see their children flocking our schools like dey own it,
Re: The Name Ile Binu Was Giving By Itsekiri Not Oromiyan by TAO12: 6:50pm On Aug 06, 2020
Edeyoung:
••• All benin should read A reconsideration of benin-ife relationships by afc ryder
(1) A.F.C Ryder made it quite clear, in that same 1965 article, that his arguments were simply suggestive and hypothetical, rather than final and conclusive.

(2) In his 1969 book, A.F.C. Ryder himself later abandoned his 1965 conclusions. The historian Elizabeth Isichei, for example, confirms this fact that Ryder did in fact drift away from his 1965 suggestion in his 1969 book. She writes:
"It is noteworthy that Ryder, who questioned the Ife connection and argued the case for linkages with a northern kingdom, abandoned the line of argument in his later book, Benin and the Europeans".
— Elizabeth A. Isichei, “A History of Nigeria”, (1983), Volume 2, p. 137.

(3) Moreover, all of Ryder’s arguments were trashed one-by-one by Robin Horton in his peer-reviewed article ”Ancient Ife: A Reassessment (1979)”.

(4) Subsequently, several other scholars have as well debunked his 1965 hypothesis — which he himself have abandoned though.

(4) @Edeyoung, aka @gregyboy, learn to stop allowing your ignorance get the better part of your life.

cc: Emilokoiyawon, Omoregiek, macof, MetaPhysical, RuggedSniper, 900winer, illicit, googi.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Name Ile Binu Was Giving By Itsekiri Not Oromiyan by Edeyoung: 7:56pm On Aug 06, 2020
TAO12:
(1) A.F.C Ryder made it quite clear, in that same 1965 article, that his arguments were simply suggestive and hypothetical, rather than final and conclusive.

(2) In his 1969 book, A.F.C. Ryder himself later abandoned his 1965 conclusions. The historian Elizabeth Isichei, for example, confirms this fact that Ryder did in fact drift away from his 1965 suggestion in his 1969 book. She writes:
"It is noteworthy that Ryder, who questioned the Ife connection and argued the case for linkages with a northern kingdom, abandoned the line of argument in his later book, Benin and the Europeans".
— Elizabeth A. Isichei, “A History of Nigeria”, (1983), Volume 2, p. 137.

(3) Moreover, all of Ryder’s arguments were trashed one-by-one by Robin Horton in his peer-reviewed article ”Ancient Ife — A Reassessment (1979)”.

(4) Subsequently, several other scholars have as well debunked his 1965 hypothesis — which he himself have abandoned though.

(4) @Edeyoung, aka @gregyboy, learn to stop allowing your ignorance get the better part of your life.

cc: Emilokoiyawon, Omoregiek, macof, MetaPhysical, RuggedSniper, 900winer, illicit.

You still repeating same old story, at the bolded, i guess ghostwon or arefada addressed the bolded before

I see you are still empty TAO11 you can do better i leave you in the hands of ghostwon
Re: The Name Ile Binu Was Giving By Itsekiri Not Oromiyan by TAO12: 8:08pm On Aug 06, 2020
Edeyoung:
You still repeating same old story, at the bolded, i guess ghostwon or arefada addressed the bolded before

I see you are still empty TAO11 you can do better i leave you in the hands of ghostwon

Yes, the same old story of how Ryder himself discarded his own view as demonstrated from the above quotation. grin grin grin You seem to have sawdust in your skull. cheesy grin

Moreover, your ghostwon (aka Wtf77) and AreaFada2 ran away from me because it is too obvious that none of you Bini liars can possibly withstand me. cheesy

You Binis on Nairaland seem to have realized lately that there is no room for Benin propaganda as long as I’m around.

You’re clinging on to Ryder when he himself has discarded his own obsolete views, and when R. Horton and others have thrashed those views.

Are you afraid to read or something?? grin Isn’t it obvious that you’re battling cognitive dissonance?? grin

cc: Emilokoiyawon, Omoregiek, macof, MetaPhysical, RuggedSniper, 900winer, illicit, googi.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Name Ile Binu Was Giving By Itsekiri Not Oromiyan by Edeyoung: 9:28pm On Aug 06, 2020
TAO12:

Yes, the same old story of how Ryder himself discarded his own view as demonstrated from the above quotation. grin grin grin You seem to have sawdust in your skull. cheesy grin

Moreover, your ghostwon (aka Wtf77) and AreaFada2 ran away from me because it is too obvious that none of you Bini liars can possibly withstand me. cheesy

You Binis on Nairaland seem to have realized lately that there is no room for Benin propaganda as long as I’m around.

You’re clinging on to Ryder when he himself has discarded his own obsolete views, and when R. Horton and others have thrashed those views.

Are you afraid to read or something?? grin Isn’t it obvious that you’re battling cognitive dissonance?? grin

cc: Emilokoiyawon, Omoregiek, macof, MetaPhysical, RuggedSniper, 900winer, illicit.

Lol, can we see the article were ryder regarded the benin-ife connection
TAO11 @Emilokoiyawon

Emilokoiyawon is your first account on nairaland i see
Re: The Name Ile Binu Was Giving By Itsekiri Not Oromiyan by Emilokoiyawon: 9:41pm On Aug 06, 2020
Edeyoung:
He even knows benin, yorubas will always want to associate with us, see their children flocking our schools like dey own it,

Yes. I know Bini. Its called KNOWLEDGE. Look it up. Like I told you last night, all these your watery shakara ends online. If you try this nonsense offline, you will be used as a sacrificial ram to appease Ogun. Your unfortunate body will be washed away by the river to satisfy Olokun.

2 Likes

Re: The Name Ile Binu Was Giving By Itsekiri Not Oromiyan by Emilokoiyawon: 9:47pm On Aug 06, 2020
TAO12:
Yes, the same old story of how Ryder himself discarded his own view as demonstrated from the above quotation. grin grin grin You seem to have sawdust in your skull. cheesy ;DMoreover, your ghostwon (aka Wtf77) and AreaFada2 ran away from me because it is too obvious that none of you Bini liars can possibly withstand me. cheesy
You Binis on Nairaland seem to have realized lately that there is no room for Benin propaganda as long as I’m around.You’re clinging on to Ryder when he himself has discarded his own obsolete views, and when R. Horton and others have thrashed those views. Are you afraid to read or something?? grin Isn’t it obvious that you’re battling cognitive dissonance?? grin

TAO this Imasabemwen Street uneducated touts are impervious to logic and sense. I can guarantee you that even Omo N'Oba would rather use them for sacrifice than have them disrespecting his throne all over the place. They have been cursed. This is why they show no respect for their king and his ancestors.

4 Likes

Re: The Name Ile Binu Was Giving By Itsekiri Not Oromiyan by TAO12: 10:25pm On Aug 06, 2020
Edeyoung:
[s]Lol, can we see the article were ryder regarded the benin-ife connection
TAO11 @Emilokoiyawon Emilokoiyawon is your first account on nairaland i see[/s]
(1) I am sad to find that you still haven’t learnt the difference between an article and a book.

(2) In case you’re truly and genuinely hoping to read Ryder’s 1969 book, then here goes the reference to the 372-page book: Benin and the Europeans, 1485 — 1897, (1969).

(3) I understand that you’re only buying time by pretending to be blind when I quoted the historian Elizabeth Allo Isichei who clearly stated how A.F.C. Ryder later abandoned his 1965 hypothesis.

Check out her precise words below one more time:

— Elizabeth A. Isichei, “A History of Nigeria”, Longman (1983), Volume 2, p. 137.

(4) My monikers are four, and they are undisguised as I use them in case of spambots. Everyone see clearly that they belong to one and the same person. They are in their popular order as follows: TAO11, TAO12, OmoOlofin, and YauYamba.

I understand that you are still mad at me for exposing your as.s to the whole world as one and the same person as gregyboy. grin I know you will get over it sooner or later. cheesy

cc: Emilokoiyawon, Omoregiek, macof, MetaPhysical, RuggedSniper, 900winer, illicit, googi, Yujin.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Name Ile Binu Was Giving By Itsekiri Not Oromiyan by Edeyoung: 10:33am On Aug 07, 2020
TAO12:
(1) I am sad to find that you still haven’t learnt the difference between an article and a book.

(2) In case you’re truly and genuinely hoping to read Ryder’s 1969 book, then here goes the reference to the 372-page book: Benin and the Europeans, 1485 — 1897, (1969).

(3) I understand that you’re only buying time by pretending to be blind when I quoted the historian Elizabeth Allo Isichei who clearly stated how A.F.C. Ryder later abandoned his 1965 hypothesis.

Check out her precise words below one more time:

— Elizabeth A. Isichei, “A History of Nigeria”, Longman (1983), Volume 2, p. 137.

(4) My monikers are four, and they are undisguised as I use them in case of spambots. Everyone see clearly that they belong to one and the same person. They are in their popular order as follows: TAO11, TAO12, OmoOlofin, and YauYamba.

I understand that you are still mad at me for exposing your as.s to the whole world as one and the same person as gregyboy. grin I know you will get over it sooner or later. cheesy

You're cunny lady,

Send the link to get the Ryders books, there are price tags on the ones am seeing

Elizabeth Allo Isichei please send the link to acess her book, or article at least she should have stated ehy Ryders abandon the benin ife connection

Lets have a scrrenshot for this things you have put foward and the links too

You think say you smart

Atleast you shoukd read both books if you have pdf copies of the books srnd them to my email

Not only Ryder opposed the benin ife connection
Arr you aware of that, or you soon forgotten

Please give screenshots of this books, and links to get them free or send it to my email if you have d pdf

Re: The Name Ile Binu Was Giving By Itsekiri Not Oromiyan by TAO12: 12:59pm On Aug 07, 2020
Edeyoung:
You're cunny lady,

Send the link to get the Ryders books, there are price tags on the ones am seeing

Elizabeth Allo Isichei please send the link to acess her book, or article at least she should have stated ehy Ryders abandon the benin ife connection

Lets have a scrrenshot for this things you have put foward and the links too

You think say you smart

Atleast you shoukd read both books if you have pdf copies of the books srnd them to my email.

Please give screenshots of this books, and links to get them free or send it to my email if you have d pdf
What makes you feel so entitled that I must buy/fetch you materials as part of my burden of proof??

Citing relevant statements backed by the references is the beginning and end of my burden of proof. Read up on what burden of proof is.

Fetching, borrowing, buying, or even stealing materials is your burden not mine. Stop attempting to shift your poverty/ignorance-burden unto me. I may only choose to fetch you materials. Stop feeling entitled.

But to help you, you may reserve a copy of these materials for yourself at your university’s library. I know I’m assuming that you’re done with secondary school.

Not only Ryder opposed the benin ife connection. Are you aware of that, or you soon forgotten
Moreover, the hypothesis developed by Ryder in the 1965 article (although later discarded by him in a bigger 1969 volume) was followed only by J.K. Thornton also as an hypothesis — no proof whatsoever.

However, J.K. Thornton is not a specialist on precolonial Nigeria; neither is he a specialist on Ife or Benin. His specialization is on precolonial Congo/Central Africa and their diaspora.

Every single specialist of precolonial Nigeria history today affirms the Ife-Benin connection by rightly identifying the Ooni of Ife as the powerful overlord over Benin kingdom. This includes A.F.C. Ryder himself.

Furthermore, a reading of Thornton’s article (where he reiterated Ryder’s 1965 hypothesis) shows clearly that Thornton is completely oblivious of the materials that have already refuted Ryder’s 1965 hypothesis.

For example, Thornton’s article shows that he is completely unaware of Robin Horton’s work: “Ancient Ife: A Reassessment” which has given a devastating rebuttal to Ryder (1965) using evidences which were not available to Ryder in 1965.

And apart from Robin Horton, several other scholars (whose specialty is on Nigeria history) have also dealt a huge blow to Ryder (1965).
Lastly, I remember once citing Adam Knobler’s “Mythology and Diplomacy in the Age of Exploration (2016)” to you.

I quoted to you where he equated the Ogané (who was suzerain over Benin) as none other than the Ooni of Ife.

Guess who Adam Knobler cited as his source for this identification of the Ogane!

He cited none other than page 31 of A.F.C. Ryder’s 1969 “Benin and the Europeans”.

In other words, he also proves that Ryder has later in 1969 re-modified his position back to reality.

Of course, I understand why all these information make you feel depressed. grin

Cheers!
cc: Emilokoiyawon, Omoregiek, macof, MetaPhysical, RuggedSniper, 900winer, illicit, googi, Yujin.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Name Ile Binu Was Giving By Itsekiri Not Oromiyan by Edeyoung: 6:45pm On Aug 07, 2020
TAO12:
What makes you feel so entitled that I must buy/fetch you materials as part of my burden of proof??

Citing relevant statements backed by the references is the beginning and end of my burden of proof. Read up on what burden of proof is.

Fetching, borrowing, buying, or even stealing materials is your burden not mine. Stop attempting to shift your poverty/ignorance-burden unto me. I may only choose to fetch you materials. Stop feeling entitled.

But to help you, you may reserve a copy of these materials for yourself at your university’s library. I know I’m assuming that you’re done with secondary school.

Moreover, the hypothesis developed by Ryder in the 1965 article (although later discarded by him in a bigger 1969 volume) was followed only by J.K. Thornton also as an hypothesis — no proof whatsoever.

However, J.K. Thornton is not a specialist on precolonial Nigeria; neither is he a specialist on Ife or Benin. His specialization is on precolonial Congo/Central Africa and their diaspora.

Every single specialist of precolonial Nigeria history today affirms the Ife-Benin connection by rightly identifying the Ooni of Ife as the powerful overlord over Benin kingdom. This includes A.F.C. Ryder himself.

Furthermore, a reading of Thornton’s article (where he reiterated Ryder’s 1965 hypothesis) shows clearly that Thornton is completely oblivious of the materials that have already refuted Ryder’s 1965 hypothesis.

For example, Thornton’s article shows that he is completely unaware of Robin Horton’s work: “Ancient Ife: A Reassessment” which has given a devastating rebuttal to Ryder (1965) using evidences which were not available to Ryder in 1965.

And apart from Robin Horton, several other scholars (whose specialty is on Nigeria history) have also dealt a huge blow to Ryder (1965).
Lastly, I remember once citing Adam Knobler’s “Mythology and Diplomacy in the Age of Exploration (2016)” to you.

I quoted to you where he equated the Ogané (who was suzerain over Benin) as none other than the Ooni of Ife.

Guess who Adam Knobler cited as his source for this identification of the Ogane!

He cited none other than page 31 of A.F.C. Ryder’s 1969 “Benin and the Europeans”.

In other words, he also proves that Ryder has later in 1969 re-modified his position back to reality.

Of course, I understand why all these information make you feel depressed. grin

Cheers!

Lol, bring the materials bro you have kept yoruba brothers on their feet so is this all you could bring after you went researching

I will assume you have read both books you're citing so bring them to the table lets read it together ,

Ryder insisted benin never had any relationship with ife... Untill you make Ryder's materials available were he said otherwise i will still cling to his original narrative

Thornton also agreed, if you disagree bring the screenshot were ryders went back on his first point

And you saying oghene is ooni of ife makes me go mad, don't allow me vent my anger bro, if you want to lie, please lie with sense

Am not here for any edo-centric entitlement, if you're, you got turn it off, and dont be so desperate to archive your Yoruba agenda with false propaganda,

Please never attach ogane as ife again

1 Like

Re: The Name Ile Binu Was Giving By Itsekiri Not Oromiyan by TAO12: 8:28pm On Aug 07, 2020
Edeyoung:

Lol, bring the materials bro you have kept yoruba brothers on their feet so is this all you could bring after you went researching

I will assume you have read both books you're citing so bring it lets everyone reads it,

Ryder instead benin never had any relationship with

Thornton also agreed, if you disagree bring the scrrenshot were ryders went back on his point

And you saying oghene is onni of ife makes me go mad, don't allow vent my anger bro, if you want to lie, please lie with sense
Stop bothering me with links and screenshots when you already have the references.

Screenshots and links are not part of my burden of proof. I may only choose a to be generous with them having already provided the detailed references.

And I have provided you with the relevant statements and their detailed references, including page number. Are all Edos this dumb, or is this a unique case? shocked

Don’t get mad at me because scholars (and not me) identify the Ooni of Ife as the Ogané (i.e. the overlord of Benin kings, et al.).

Instead, get mad at your poor parents for wasting their youths and your life and leaving you so mentally and materially wretched.

But if you are so serious about reading these materials (although I know you’re only saving face by buying time with irrelevant replies); then two of these materials are available free online in digital form (i.e. Adam Knobler, 2016 and R. Horton, 1979).

The other two (A.F.C. Ryder, 1969 and E.A. Isichei, 1983) should be available at your university’s library. Are you a university student yet??

5 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Meet The Longest Reigning Traditional Ruler In Africa! / 10 Most Annoying Phrases / Yoruba Tone Marker - Online Tool For Typing Tone Marked Yoruba Content

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.