Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,663 members, 7,823,877 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:09 PM

Ondo 2020 - A Cry To My Ondo People. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ondo 2020 - A Cry To My Ondo People. (2901 Views)

We Will Buy Guns For Ondo People If Terrorists’ Attacks Continue - Akeredolu / Ondo People Have Abandoned Their Farms To Avoid Being Killed By Fulani Herdsmen / "Ocean Has Destroyed Our Houses In Ilaje, Ondo, People Fleeing" - Man Cries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ondo 2020 - A Cry To My Ondo People. by MetaPhysical: 5:26am On Aug 01, 2020
First let me say this. I opened a thread two days ago and put in there a caption of ethnic discrimination in Iboland and one of the mods hated the revelation and what it says about Iboland and deleted my thread.

Practically in Iboland if a woman is from Enugu, she is not qualified to seek political post in any other state in Iboland beside her home state of Enugu. The treatment is reciprocated among other states in SE.
In Ngwa land, the town declared that non-Ngwas were not qualified to be voted into the SUG of the university.
We also have on record many instances where a Bishop from Awka, Anambra cannot be Deacon in Mbaise, Imo because he is not son of the soil.

For people that live in denial of diversity, they should experience rejection and denied inclusion in other places.

This is thread is not tribal or hatred, we need to embrace diversity and to practice it through action. As many instances that exist of Yoruba accomodation and tolerance of others, and particularly the Ibo....we still fail to see a return openess and inclusion of Yorubas in prominent Govt positions in Iboland. As we speak, there are three Yorubas I know of that are in top Govt service in North. One of them is Fausat Adebola Ibikunle, Commissioner in El Rufai's cabinet.

In the old days and under Kings, diplomatic exchanges and acts of bonding was practiced to promote peace across cultures. Thus young maidens were married into noble lineages to seal alliance. There were many of such between Yoruba and Hausa. Modernity has substituted such practices with inclusion in govt cabinets and or in top visible positions. These individuals thus serve as ambassadors to build bridge across cultures and seal alliances for political cooperation.

In Yorubaland on its own, our sons and daughters are scattered around and positioned in different states away from their origin. This has been possible everytime we have a uniformity in political presence and represented across board under one party. It is very important that Yorubaland continue in this practice of shuffling competent Yoruba sons and daughters to serve in cabinets of any state within the homeland. By extension that we also continue to practice inclusion and improvements in our peaceful exchanges with other cultures that share in our values.

A non-diverse society that denies its sons and daughters inclusion does not share in our values and if they will deny their own youths at home and discriminate them based on background and origin, how much more those of us that do not share their cultural identity.

The position of a First Lady is not elected. However, she serves a role in the political success of the husband and the progress and growth of the state far more than the array of aides and special assistants sorrounding the Governor. It is not a position to be dismissed. Besides, state constitution allows for State budget allocation to fund the office and its staff.

I am hereby declaring to my brothers in Ondo, and the generality of Yoruba youths to support and vote a YORUBA WOMAN as FIRST LADY in the coming election in Ondo State.

Below is list of accredited candidates for upcoming election. We have a mission to put a Yoruba Woman as First Lady in Ondo.

Look at the list below for the Governorship Candidates. Give us a list of their spouses and their background. Where do the wives of these men come from? Respond and share this information. Grab your future and protect the future of our women along with it. Act Now!

Rotimi Akeredolu - All Progressives Congress (APC)

Eyitayo Jegede - Peoples Democratic Party (PDP)

Agboola Ajayi - Zenith Labour Party (ZLP)

Rotimi Adeleye Akindejoye – Accord party

Joshua Oluwafemi Adewole -Action Alliance (AA)

Adeleye Adekunle Peter – African Action Congress (AAC)

Adelegan Adedapo Oluwaseyi – African Democratic Congress (ADC)

Martin Kunle Olateru-Olagbegi -Action Democratic Party (ADP)

Olowoloba Dele – All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA)

Aminu Akeem Olanrewaju – Allied Peoples Movement (APM)

Adesanya Olaoluwa – Action Peoples Party (APP)

Okunade Taiwo – Labour Party (LP)

Ojajuni Joseph Eniola – New Nigeria Peoples Party (NNPP)

Funmilayo Jenyo Ataunoko – National Rescue Movement (NRM)

Babatunde Francis Alli – Peoples Redemption Party (PRP)

Fasua Peter Oyeleye – Social Democratic Party (SDP)

Ojon Dotun – Young Progressive Party (YPP)

Benjamin Jairus Olarotimi – Zenith Labour Party (ZLP)

1 Like

Re: Ondo 2020 - A Cry To My Ondo People. by helinues: 5:36am On Aug 01, 2020
We have a mission to put a Yoruba Woman as First Lady in Ondo

undecided undecided

So the states that Yoruba women have been first lady, any significant changes happening there?

Make you guys stop disgracing Yoruba's on social media

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ondo 2020 - A Cry To My Ondo People. by MetaPhysical: 5:48am On Aug 01, 2020
helinues:

undecided undecided

So the states that Yoruba women have been first lady, any significant changes happening there?

Make you guys stop disgracing Yoruba's on social media

Go and ask them.

On topics such as this, true Yorubas reveal themselves. Pretenders also show up. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ondo 2020 - A Cry To My Ondo People. by helinues: 5:50am On Aug 01, 2020
MetaPhysical:

Go and ask them.

On topics such as this, true Yorubas reveal themselves. Pretenders also show up. grin

Wait for it, this topic will reveal who the real Yoruba's are and the pretenders.

So Yoruba women can't be first lady in SE, SS or entire North?

Sorry, Yoruba's don't think shallowly.... undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ondo 2020 - A Cry To My Ondo People. by nengibo: 5:50am On Aug 01, 2020
Why such display of tribalism from the acclaimed accommodators

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ondo 2020 - A Cry To My Ondo People. by ogbuefi677(m): 5:52am On Aug 01, 2020
A yerobber woman was 1st lady for 8yrs in Benue but nobody made noise about it.
It's good d whole world is getting to know you guys for the bitter tribalists you are.
In Nigeria,outside yerobber land, you ppl don't thrive cos no room for tribalism.
The only place you see a yerobber outside yerobber land is in Abuja and in that Abuja they only thrive where you can steal govt money with pen.
Do business for Abuja = no way.
Open shop for Abuja =a rarity.
Do real estate work for Abuja =babu

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ondo 2020 - A Cry To My Ondo People. by helinues: 5:53am On Aug 01, 2020
ogbuefi677:
It's good d whole world is getting to know you guys for the bitter tribalists you are

This thread will reveal those who have been pretending to be Yoruba's but might be left hand pointers to their father's house...

1 Like

Re: Ondo 2020 - A Cry To My Ondo People. by ogbuefi677(m): 6:01am On Aug 01, 2020
Igbos live in large numbers in oil soup land,doing serious businesses,buy lands,build houses,seek for admission in oil soup land,etc.
Can you say same for oil soup ppl?
Yerobber ppl are plenty in Igbo land,d only problem is their only work is selling of agbo and other dangerous mixtures while walking round the whole town in their dirty hijabs ,itinerant electricians who only work on old commercial vehicles cos they have refused to upgrade their knowledge.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ondo 2020 - A Cry To My Ondo People. by MetaPhysical: 6:03am On Aug 01, 2020
ogbuefi677:
It's good d whole world is getting to know you guys for the bitter tribalists you are.
In Nigeria,outside yerobber land, you ppl don't thrive cos no room for tribalism.
The only place you see a yerobber outside yerobber land is in Abuja and in that Abuja they only thrive where you can steal govt money with pen.
Do business= no way.
Open shop=for where.
Do real estate work= for where

Benue people have been in top political positions in Yorubaland as far back as Awo's AG....upto the second coming in UPN. As recent as 2000 there were two Benue people in cabinets in SW.

There is a reciprocity between Yoruba and Benue. So shut up, your response has no validity to the thread subject.

8 Likes

Re: Ondo 2020 - A Cry To My Ondo People. by johnmartus(m): 6:08am On Aug 01, 2020
Good write up. Meanwhile this election would send a strong message to Tinubu in fact it will checkmate his political dominance in the southwest.

Apart from Rotimi allow his wife to destroy his government by handing over the state affairs to her.Akeredolu is not a good administrator.

Mimiko first tenure he performed wonderfully and his achievements was spread across the three senatorial district. That's why he beat his opponent in second term with wide margin Because of his good record.

Akeredolu wife appointed herself a dean faculty and not Because she is working in the university she made herself dean faculty when her husband became governor and the school introduced new faculty. She didn't stop there she sermon an emergency meeting btw the school Authority the outcome of the meeting led to increasement of school fee.

Akeredolu wife , Went to different ministries in the state and she sack many yoruba workers replaced them with her brothers and sisters from imo or Enugu.

Same Akeredolu wife led her people to Dimeji Akure demanding for igbo king in Akure.Thank God they met their Waterloo.

Eyitayo jegede is the most qualified person among them. Even before he was involved in politics he has been helping people in the state.i believe we give our mandate to him he will perform wonderfully. Eyitayo jegede is very humble and calm his door is open to Everyone.

Although I hate his party affiliation but we are not voting party we are voting personality. Things must change in ondo.

And for the moderator that keeps deleting people topics shame on you There's no rational explanation in your damn opinion.

Ondo people be wise let us take our glory from the hand of the stranger dictating for us in our own land. This is our last chance.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ondo 2020 - A Cry To My Ondo People. by Nobody: 6:12am On Aug 01, 2020
Reading comments here as a detribalised African, I shed tears..

Oohhh.. Awolowo.....Just look at the legacy you left behind....

No wonder Snake must surely give birth to something long..

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ondo 2020 - A Cry To My Ondo People. by helinues: 6:13am On Aug 01, 2020
johnmartus:
Good write up. Meanwhile this election would send a strong message to Tinubu in fact it will checkmate his political dominance in the southwest.

Apart from Rotimi allow his wife to destroy his government by handing over the state affairs to her.Akeredolu is not a good administrator.

Mimiko first tenure he performed wonderfully and his achievements was spread across the three senatorial district. That's why he beat his opponent in second term with wide margin Because of his good record.

Akeredolu wife appointed herself a dean faculty and not Because she is working in the university she made herself dean faculty when her husband became governor and the school introduced new faculty. She didn't stop there she sermon an emergency meeting btw the school Authority the outcome of the meeting led to increasement of school fee.

Akeredolu wife , Went to different ministries in the state and she sack many yoruba workers replaced them with her brothers and sisters from imo or Enugu.

Same Akeredolu wife led her people to Dimeji Akure demanding for igbo king in Akure.Thank God they met their Waterloo.

Eyitayo jegede is the most qualified person among them. Even before he was involved in politics he has been helping people in the state.i believe we give our mandate to him he will perform wonderfully. Eyitayo jegede is very humble and calm his door is open to Everyone.

Although I hate his party affiliation but we are not voting party we are voting personality. Things must change in ondo.

And for the moderator that keeps deleting people topics shame on you There's no rational explanation in your damn opinion.

Ondo people be wise let us take our glory from the hand of the stranger dictating for us in our own land. This is our last chance.

sad embarassed undecided

1 Share

Re: Ondo 2020 - A Cry To My Ondo People. by Nobody: 6:16am On Aug 01, 2020
Am just ashamed of been a Nigerian, the rest of the world is fighting racism here we are still dealing with tribalism..

Big shame on you Op, I hope you plan never to travel out this country cause you will face great racism and you will surely remember you aid tribalism...

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ondo 2020 - A Cry To My Ondo People. by ogbuefi677(m): 6:17am On Aug 01, 2020
johnmartus:

Lolz.
Your paymasters are yet to understand the era of propaganda is waning with d advent of d internet and social media.
You thiefnuubu ass lickers are yet to understand you are on a tailspin and will continue to lose and lose until you accept Jesus as Lord and master.
Any SW governor not among those handpicked by thiefnuubu, you ppl will find one propaganda to peddle against him.
Shebi you ppl said Akeredolu will not get d party ticket, he worked against d party, bla bla?
How market?

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ondo 2020 - A Cry To My Ondo People. by zombieTRACKER: 6:18am On Aug 01, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Reading comments here as a detribalised African, I shed tears..

There is no hope brother..

These are youths whose future has been stolen and given to china by their greedy leaders.. Here they are dancing naked in the market square..

What a pity...

6 Likes

Re: Ondo 2020 - A Cry To My Ondo People. by MetaPhysical: 6:21am On Aug 01, 2020
johnmartus:

Very true bro!

The same train of thought you listed here was the outcome in Lagos. In 2015 three Igbos won election into the State House of Reps. It shows Yoruba's inclusion and accommodation for diversity. Back in their home states candidates were excluded simply because they did not belong. Lagos hires and promotes on merit in the civil service. Back in SE they fire and repatriate civil servants back to their home states.

We value diversity, we will drive the campaign for diversity across Nigeria. Those who remain shut to others in their region will equally be shut out in our homeland. Diversity is the engine for the Nigerian unity.

Vote Yoruba Woman as FIRSTLADY IN ONDO!

Thanks bro!

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ondo 2020 - A Cry To My Ondo People. by johnmartus(m): 6:22am On Aug 01, 2020
Just shut up. I have never advocate for Tinubu, only condemned you ibos that tarnishing his image. And moreover what concern Tinubu with us in Ondo state.
ogbuefi677:

Lolz.
You thiefnuubu ass lickers are yet to understand you are on a tailspin and will continue to lose and lose until you accept Jesus as Lord and master.
Anybody that was not handpicked by thiefnuubu, you ppl will find one propaganda to peddle against him.
Shebi you ppl said Akeredolu will not get d party ticket, he worked against d party, bla bla?
How market?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ondo 2020 - A Cry To My Ondo People. by Rotimi2705: 6:24am On Aug 01, 2020
let us vote with sense these time wise up ondo no be East land vote Agboola vote ZLParty
Re: Ondo 2020 - A Cry To My Ondo People. by ogbuefi677(m): 6:26am On Aug 01, 2020
MetaPhysical:

Very true bro!

The same train of thought you listed here was the outcome in Lagos. In 2015 three Igbos won election into the State House of Reps. It shows Yoruba's inclusion and accommodation for diversity. Back in their home states candidates were excluded simply because they did not belong. Lagos hires and promotes on merit in the civil service. Back in SE they fire and repatriate civil servants back to their home states.

We value diversity, we will drive the campaign for diversity across Nigeria. Those who remain shut to others in their region will equally be shut out in our homeland. Diversity is the engine for the Nigerian unity.

Thanks bro!
Tell your sisters hawking agbo all over Igbo land to buy nomination forms and contest,they might win.
Nobody is going to call them and dash them elective positions just because they are yerobber. THEY HAVE TO BUY EXPENSIVE NOMINATION FORMS AND TEST THEIR POPULARITY LIKE THE IGBOS IN LAGOS DID.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ondo 2020 - A Cry To My Ondo People. by MetaPhysical: 6:26am On Aug 01, 2020
Nels55:
Am just ashamed of been a Nigerian, the rest of the world is fighting racism here we are still dealing with tribalism..

Big shame on you Op, I hope you plan never to travel out this country cause you will face great racism and you will surely remember you aid tribalism...

How do you explain a society that declared that youths in their late teens and early twenties from different states are not qualified to be voted into the student union council of a University on its land?

How about declaring clergymen unqualified to lead a diocese because they are not sons of the soil?

Is this how it is done in the outside country you cited as example?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ondo 2020 - A Cry To My Ondo People. by Rotimi2705: 6:29am On Aug 01, 2020
johnmartus:

my bro how sure r u Aketi also do dsam after he lose in 2012 no diff Jegede wife is also from d East how sure her own won't b worst ondo dat is broke will b developing East with our little token bro OTOGE
Re: Ondo 2020 - A Cry To My Ondo People. by johnmartus(m): 6:29am On Aug 01, 2020
Go to any ibo state you will not find a single yoruba working in the state ministry .Come to Lagos state you will think the state is belong to them. Not only Lagos Ondo is their second target we will resist them and position them to where they belong.
MetaPhysical:

Very true bro!

Thanks bro!

4 Likes

Re: Ondo 2020 - A Cry To My Ondo People. by MetaPhysical: 6:29am On Aug 01, 2020
ogbuefi677:

Tell your sisters hawking agbo all over Igbo land to buy nomination forms and contest,they might win.
Nobody is going to call them and dash them elective positions just because they are yerobber. THEY HAVE TO BUY EXPENSIVE NOMINATION FORMS AND TEST THEIR POPULARITY LIKE THE IGBOS IN LAGOS DID.

...but your sister Biancah bought forms to contest and was declared a non-entity and accused of crossing the line in Anambra.

If your own daughter had no chance amongst her people......what chance does a Yoruba woman stand?

You are the first person to truly key in to my thread on diversity and reciprocity.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ondo 2020 - A Cry To My Ondo People. by ogbuefi677(m): 6:31am On Aug 01, 2020
johnmartus:
Just shut up. I have never advocate for Tinubu, only condemned you ibos that tarnishing his image. And moreover what concern Tinubu with us in Ondo state.
We know your problem with Akeredolu is cos he was able to grab the governorship against the preferred candidates of your puppeteer thiefnuubu.
Same problem you ppl have with Fayemi.
But you will never make 1 negative sentence against the dundees in Lagos,Ogun and Osun cos they make returns to bourdillon.

6 Likes

Re: Ondo 2020 - A Cry To My Ondo People. by MetaPhysical: 6:35am On Aug 01, 2020
Rotimi2705:
my bro how sure r u Aketi also do dsam after he lose in 2012 no diff Jegede wife is also from d East how sure her own won't b worst ondo dat is broke will b developing East with our little token bro OTOGE

Jegede's wife is Mrs Eno Jegede. I dont know where she is from, can't find her Yoruba name or maiden name.

People that know these things should contribute the info. This is not about party.

Yoruba First!

You honor our people in your region, we honor your children in ours. The ties of cross-exchange will go a long way in cementing alliance, peace and unity.

If we have been honoring your children in our land and you shut our children out in your region, we will respond and shut your children out on our side.

3 Likes

Re: Ondo 2020 - A Cry To My Ondo People. by ogbuefi677(m): 6:36am On Aug 01, 2020
johnmartus:
Go to any ibo state you will not find a single yoruba working in the state ministry .Come to Lagos state you will think the state is belong to them. Not only Lagos Ondo is their second target we will resist them and position them to where they belong.
How many Yerobber ppl come to apply in Igbo land?
In my class in med school, there was only 1 Yerobber, in the classes above and below,none.
But there's no class in a medical school anywhere in Nigeria you won't find 10 Igbos.
At least,we know JAMB controls admission to a great extent in all schools.
Is it also Igbos that prevent you ppl from being rarely seen in Uyo,Maiduguri,Zamfara etc where you still find Igbo ppl in large numbers?
The bitter truth you ppl are unwilling to accept is 1:you ppl thrive only in environment where you can practice tribalism.
2:You have a terrible phobia for stepping out of your comfort zones yet you want to compare yourselves to the too too rugged Igbos..
Why do you think Borno governor singled out Igbos for praises the other day,why did he not have reason to mention oil soup ppl? grin

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ondo 2020 - A Cry To My Ondo People. by SIONKPO1(m): 6:37am On Aug 01, 2020
johnmartus:

If Betty Aketi,did this things,the husband doesn't deserves second term
Men should learn to keep their wife off politics

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ondo 2020 - A Cry To My Ondo People. by johnmartus(m): 6:39am On Aug 01, 2020
Jegede wife was born and grew up in Yorubaland. I knew her personally. Eno is from South-south not southeast.
She knows our culture and she respect it.
Rotimi2705:

2 Likes

Re: Ondo 2020 - A Cry To My Ondo People. by ogbuefi677(m): 6:43am On Aug 01, 2020
Rotimi2705:
Una go wail for long ooo.
Adios afonjas grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ondo 2020 - A Cry To My Ondo People. by MetaPhysical: 6:49am On Aug 01, 2020
johnmartus:
Jegede wife was born and grew up in Yorubaland. I knew her personally. Eno is from South-south not southeast.
She knows our culture and she respect it.

Ondo should go for a Yoruba woman. Look at this -

Last governor of Oyo, Ajimobi's wife was Lebanese background.
Current governor of Oyo, Makinde's wife is SS
Current Governor of Ondo, Akeredolu's wife is SE.

You are saying Jegede's wife is also SS.

We should ask ourselves this....what has Yoruba Woman done to deserve her rightful place continously donated out?

It is not bad thing to have women of other regions that share in our value and reciprocate in our alliance to occupy important positions in our land....but to become the normal and a consistent outcome means that the men in Yorubaland have truly lost it.

Akeredolu
Jegede

Let's put a Governor in Ondo that will satisfy the call for Yoruba First Lady!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ondo 2020 - A Cry To My Ondo People. by phorget(m): 6:51am On Aug 01, 2020
johnmartus:

Do you really have any proof as regards these assertions? Were you there when all those sacking was going on or are they just hearsays?
Re: Ondo 2020 - A Cry To My Ondo People. by johnmartus(m): 6:52am On Aug 01, 2020
Same them will tell you no Yoruba In Enugu or Anambra , later they will still come out that Yorubas in the southeast are herbal sellers.

Although hardly you will see a Yoruba man leaving southwest for southeast for green pastures. The place you igbos leaving in masses is that where you want me to move to?

The reason why Yoruba not migrate to other regions is Because of the lack of social amenity in the each region. If I want to move from my domain there are many things must consider before I do.

Have you ask yourself why Dangote company can't be found anywhere in the southeast.
ogbuefi677:

How many Yerobber ppl come to apply in Igbo land?
In my class in med school, there was only 1 Yerobber, in the classes above and below,none.
But there's no class in a medical school anywhere in Nigeria you won't find 10 Igbos.
Is it also Igbos that prevent you ppl from being rarely seen in Uyo,Maiduguri,Zamfara etc where you still find Igbo ppl in large numbers?
The bitter truth you ppl are unwilling to accept is 1:you ppl thrive only in environment where you can practice tribalism.
You have a terrible phobia for stepping out of your comfort zones.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Fulanis And Igbos Are Two Of A Kind! -Ademola Adetayo / Advise From A Medical Doctor To All Men In 2022 / Enough! Let's Take Our Country Back- Seun Akinbaloye Of Channels TV Speak(video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.