Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,524,985 members, 5,778,558 topics. Date: Sunday, 09 August 2020 at 06:10 AM

Out Of The Blues... - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Out Of The Blues... (248 Views)

Post-vacation Blues / Motel Blues / Danfo Blues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Out Of The Blues... by King2019(m): 1:00pm On Aug 01
This is my first story so your constructive criticism is highly welcomed.

Story by King2019
Re: Out Of The Blues... by King2019(m): 1:13pm On Aug 01
Dr. Peter and Dr. Felix walked out of the hospital in silence,
'you know Dr. Felix said to his friend you never seize to amaze me you have a rich family why did you choose to be a doctor?'
Well some years back I would have said passion and now I will still say the same thing but you know it is actually interesting now thanks to you Dr Peter replied him.
Don't tell me it is because of the experiment... Dr. Felix asked his friend
It is not about that you know if anything happens to us what are you going to do with your daughter...
Never believe we are safe and that no one knows about it
Is it the experiment or about your family background?
My family background of course.
But don't worry I will discuss my plan with you on phone when I get home
Ok my friend stay safe and sweet dreams
You are funny Felix sweet dreams without a wife hmmm Dr Peter asked his friend
Beatrice died does not mean you should not remarry my friend.
Well the same can be said to you too, don't because of the project neglect your wife
Well I have a daughter I can take solace in the project is my top priority now
And I have a son too Dr. Peter retorted just tell your wife and let her know you are busy.
"My friend till I get home I will do the calling" Dr. Peter said to his friend.
They both got in their cars and zoomed off
TBC
Re: Out Of The Blues... by King2019(m): 1:29pm On Aug 01
Jane looked at Kingsley her Dad's friend son with disgust,
You jerk stop smiling when you do something wrong,
"but I did nothing wrong to you, I told you I forgot the note at home" Kingsley countered
"But you brought yours" Jane retorted
I knew I made a mistake giving it to you.
I am sorry it won't happen again
It is almost closing time I will copy your notes for you and return it tomorrow... Kingsley said to Jane
She replied with a a long hiss

When Jane got home, she met her mother waiting for her at the sitting room,
How was school? It was fine mom but Kingsley is very annoying I lent him my book but he left it at home
"And I am sure you spoke harshly to him" her mother answered her
"But you don't expect me to let it slide"
Mom I am very hungry enough of Kingsley talks or I will start getting angry all over again.
I am curious though, her mother continued why do you always glance at him whenever he is here to eat dinner with us I thought maybe something was going on between you two that you do not want to talk about.
What Mom!! and in a speed of light she was already running to the stairs and straight to her room.
TBC
Re: Out Of The Blues... by Khriztarl(f): 10:09pm On Aug 01
Would this be completed? And here.?

1 Like

Re: Out Of The Blues... by King2019(m): 8:43am On Aug 02
Meanwhile at Kingsley's house,it was already late evening and he was waiting for his Dad at the balcony of their home, he wondered what made Jane to hate him so much that she always spit venom at him.
Though he cared less after his late mother he didn't think anyone measured up to her in anything.
Speaking of his mother his dad has been holding her picture longer this days and he made him wonder what his dad was planning. He was just about to continue in his train of thought when he had the horn of his father's car.
Dr Peter was smiling has he got out of his car his son waiting for him,he knew he was thinking of something.
" What were you thinking of son?" he asked before he could stop himself.
"Oh dad I was thinking of mother" Kingsley replied his dad.
Your mother but I am the only one that should think of her.
Why?Kingsley asked incredulously,
Well she is my wife,
And she is my mother or did you
forget that too
Well she is my wife and I care for her
more than you do and besides she
loves me than you.
Well dad dream on, she loves me
better than you a million times...
don't tell me this bone of contention
has not been resolved because the
last time I checked we were married
and you are our child.
Well I need to win before any thing is resolved.
Dr Peter looked at his son again at the last class of secondary school he was doing more than fine he couldn't be more proud the only thing was the attachment with his wife, when she died it was like a part of him died with her.
He knew he usually talked with his friends about ladies they have met or seen,but all that as since stopped.
His mind drifted to the project and the plan he had in mind to protect him.
What are you thinking of dad?
Re: Out Of The Blues... by King2019(m): 8:43am On Aug 02
Khriztarl:
Would this be completed? And here.?
Yes please
Re: Out Of The Blues... by Khriztarl(f): 1:44pm On Aug 02
King2019:
Yes please
so, i'm free to take my sit?

1 Like

Re: Out Of The Blues... by King2019(m): 3:50pm On Aug 02
Oh nothing!! How is Jane?
"She is always angry at anything I do in the class with almost no reason though I care less about it" Kingsley replied
I don't know why you guys don't like each other, her dad is my friend you know. You should try to be more nice.
I am not quarreling with her or anyone either.
Ok son hope you are well prepared for the SSCE?
Yes dad well prepared.
He knew his dad was planning on dismissing him so he could think alone and he intended to do just that.
Dad I am going upstairs I really need to sleep,
Ok son happy night.
Dr Peter sighed he knew he was being stalked and he also knew it was about the family business and someone who wanted to take it from him.
Four men sat in silence has they contemplated on their plans to kill Dr Peter and Dr Felix.
How is the plan going? One of them asked
"I think we should kill him after his son's examination and also his friend should follow up" the first man and their leader told the rest of the group.
What about his son? Another man asked
Re: Out Of The Blues... by King2019(m): 8:56pm On Aug 05
We will take care of him at the right time. "when is the right time? we can't afford to make any mistake" one if the men spoke
"There won't be any" their leader to reassure him
Examination starting that day was a good thing because he had being waiting for it for a long time now, but what he heard the day before even made it look like the worst day of his life.

He looked at Jane as she laughed with her friends and some of his classmates, she didn't know what her father was planning for her and it would have been better if he had not heard of the plan and the project his dad and Dr Felix have being working on.

She looked at his direction and he smiled as he watched her quickly avert her gaze from him, she was beautiful and he knew that but he needed time to heal from his mother's death.

She had promised to stay with him, promised to be there for him but she didn't fulfill the promise he held dear to heart.
" He had death to thank for that"
"Rest in peace mother" he muttered.

Jane wondered what Kingsley was thinking at that moment he was always joking around the class, always the first to make the whole class laugh.

But he was aloof today that they were about to start their examination, everyone was studying together.

" Probably thinking of something important" she thought.

But what was more important than the examination they were about to write, she decided to go ask for her book and use the opportunity to study him.
Re: Out Of The Blues... by King2019(m): 8:30pm On Aug 08
Hi she greeted him immediately she got to his desk, he stood up immediately with her book in his hand

Damn!! he was very handsome.
Her heart was beating very fast she needed to leave very fast.

"I guess you are here for this" Kingsley asked bringing her back to reality.

Yes of course what else? stretching his hand at her she snatched her book from him without looking at his face.

"Very strange" Kingsley muttered to himself.

It was ten minutes to the examination and he didn't even open his book all he could think of was what he heard the day before, he needed to come up with a counter plan so his dad will not suspect he knew his plan.

Well he would deal with later has he joined his classmates walking into the hall for his first examination.

Jane glanced at Kingsley again for the umpteenth time, it as been 25 minutes into the examination but he was just staring at the answer sheet for the objective questions. How was she to know what was wrong with him if he would not communicate his problem to anyone.

" And dad will keep drumming it in my ears that he his friend's son... He can't even share his problems with anyone"... She muttered to herself.

"You are not doing anything" Kingsley immediately looked at his watch and was surprised to see that it was twenty minutes to the end of the objective part of the exam.

What are you thinking of?... The supervisor asked.

"Nothing" He replied without hesitation.

He looked at his watch again and decided he needed to focus on finishing his work in sixteen minutes, he started immediately quickly reading through the question and answering them as fast as he could without making mistakes of course.

He sighed when he finished he had finished in fifteen minutes so he still had five minutes to think and fine tune his plan.

Submit everyone!! The supervisor shouted at the students to make himself heard before everyone started to stand up to submit their answers.
The theory part of the examination was distributed to them and they were told to start immediately.

Jane was surprised when twenty minutes later Kingsley was asking to submit that he had a serious headache and needed to go take his drugs since he brought it from home and the medication would make him drowsy, he needed to submit quickly not to exceed the time given to him by his doctor.

" He is sick" she muttered to herself, I didn't even know

She watched as he walked out of the hall tiredly she felt she needed to follow him and help him use his drugs but their long history of arguments will not make him see that she liked him.

(1) (Reply)

Newbie / The Racism Of Chimamanda Adichie / Authors Rights In Nigeria: The Journey With Repronig By Lawrence Nnoli

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2020 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.