Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,815 members, 7,820,880 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:27 AM

2013 Toyota Camry Hybrid, Should I Import To Nigeria - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 2013 Toyota Camry Hybrid, Should I Import To Nigeria (1970 Views)

How Do I Import Salvaged Cars, Fix Them And Sell / Please Help..converting Toyota Camry Hybrid To Regular Gas / Hybrid-electric Vehicles: Ask Mymotong (prius, Honda Insight, Camry Hybrid...) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2013 Toyota Camry Hybrid, Should I Import To Nigeria by Ivegotsolutions(m): 1:11pm On Aug 02, 2020
Dear friends, I recently ventured into cars. Among the cars I paid for is 2013 Toyota Camry Hybrid.

I'm scared to import the hybrid here but my mechanics encouraged me to go ahead with the importation.

Are Nigerians driving Hybrid cars?

The car has covered 87k millage.

I plan to resell for 4 million.
To clear the car now will cost about 1.2m

Please I need your advice

Re: 2013 Toyota Camry Hybrid, Should I Import To Nigeria by sammysticks: 1:21pm On Aug 02, 2020
I don’t know much about cars
But I remember my friend always complaining about his Hybrid Toyota Highlander.
Maybe this would be a different case.
Cc GAZZUZZ

Nevertheless,I wish you all the best and success in your new business venture.
Re: 2013 Toyota Camry Hybrid, Should I Import To Nigeria by Ivegotsolutions(m): 1:29pm On Aug 02, 2020
sammysticks:
I don’t know much about cars
But I remember my friend always complaining about his Hybrid Toyota Highlander.
Maybe this would be a different case.
Cc GAZZUZZ

Nevertheless,I wish you all the best and success in your new business venture.

Thanks
Re: 2013 Toyota Camry Hybrid, Should I Import To Nigeria by Cumtroller: 2:56pm On Aug 02, 2020
You will struggle to find a buyer. Your business capital will be tied down and expected profits will vanish due to you having to sell below cost to recoup whatever you can.

Buy a clean title non hybrid Camry and thank me later.

P.S. Dollar to Naira is $1 = N475. Be wise.

2 Likes

Re: 2013 Toyota Camry Hybrid, Should I Import To Nigeria by DelTel(m): 2:58pm On Aug 02, 2020
Ivegotsolutions:
Dear friends, I recently ventured into cars. Among the cars I paid for is 2013 Toyota Camry Hybrid.

I'm scared to import the hybrid here but my mechanics encouraged me to go ahead with the importation.

Is the 'mechanic' buying the vehicle?

How many hybrid vehicles do you notice on naija roads?

How many mechanics can rightly fix a hybrid vehicle?

Most importantly, are you aware hybrid vehicles can not go RORO?
Re: 2013 Toyota Camry Hybrid, Should I Import To Nigeria by HeavenlyBang(m): 2:58pm On Aug 02, 2020
Bad idea.
Re: 2013 Toyota Camry Hybrid, Should I Import To Nigeria by Ivegotsolutions(m): 3:32pm On Aug 02, 2020
DelTel:

Is the 'mechanic' buying the vehicle?

How many hybrid vehicles do you notice on naija roads?

How many mechanics can rightly fix a hybrid vehicle?

Most importantly, are you aware hybrid vehicles can not go RORO?

Why can't they go Roro?

Re: 2013 Toyota Camry Hybrid, Should I Import To Nigeria by DelTel(m): 3:48pm On Aug 02, 2020
Below vehicles are not allowed to be shipped on ACL/Grimaldi (sallaum will most likely follow in coming days).

- Used Hybrid and Electric vehicles

- Vehicles running on LPG ( Liquefied Petroleum Gas ) CNG ( Compresses Natural Gas ) , LNG (liquified natural gas)
Re: 2013 Toyota Camry Hybrid, Should I Import To Nigeria by Hauptmann: 5:11pm On Aug 02, 2020
DelTel:
Below vehicles are not allowed to be shipped on ACL/Grimaldi (sallaum will most likely follow in coming days).

- Used Hybrid and Electric vehicles

- Vehicles running on LPG ( Liquefied Petroleum Gas ) CNG ( Compresses Natural Gas ) , LNG (liquified natural gas)

A contact mentioned that the last container ship fire was traced to a salvaged Tesla vehicle, hence this policy
Re: 2013 Toyota Camry Hybrid, Should I Import To Nigeria by DelTel(m): 5:19pm On Aug 02, 2020
Hauptmann:

A contact mentioned that the last container ship fire was traced to a salvaged Tesla vehicle, hence this policy

Yes, only a few vehicles were unaffected.

Some vehicles were even burnt beyond recognition!

Re: 2013 Toyota Camry Hybrid, Should I Import To Nigeria by sultaan(m): 9:22pm On Aug 03, 2020
A 2013 hybrid Camry with 87 thousand miles purchased for less than $10,000 and clearing is N1.2m no shipping cost to be sold for N4m

Your arithmetic get K leg.. Do your calculation again so we understand how you are going to pay money to someone in US to get it to Nigeria under cost price.
Re: 2013 Toyota Camry Hybrid, Should I Import To Nigeria by Lexusgs430: 1:19am On Aug 05, 2020
Ivegotsolutions:

Leave am jejely........
Re: 2013 Toyota Camry Hybrid, Should I Import To Nigeria by Ivegotsolutions(m): 11:42am On Aug 05, 2020
sultaan:
A 2013 hybrid Camry with 87 thousand miles purchased for less than $10,000 and clearing is N1.2m no shipping cost to be sold for N4m

Your arithmetic get K leg.. Do your calculation again so we understand how you are going to pay money to someone in US to get it to Nigeria under cost price.

The Shipping is 1400$ by container and all agents that i have called for the clearing is quoting 1.2m for me. The market price on Jiji today is about about 4million.

FYI
Re: 2013 Toyota Camry Hybrid, Should I Import To Nigeria by promotervickky(m): 12:31pm On Aug 05, 2020
sultaan:

My brother here said something spectacular, it's either you are being scammed by someone or that you are not telling the true story.
Re: 2013 Toyota Camry Hybrid, Should I Import To Nigeria by HeavenlyBang(m): 12:52pm On Aug 05, 2020
Ivegotsolutions:

The Shipping is 1400$ by container and all agents that i have called for the clearing is quoting 1.2m for me. The market price on Jiji today is about about 4million.

FYI

So...just shipping and duty is already over 1.8m. Very curious where you plan on seeing that car to buy for $5k.
Re: 2013 Toyota Camry Hybrid, Should I Import To Nigeria by Ivegotsolutions(m): 7:32pm On Aug 06, 2020
promotervickky:

My brother here said something spectacular, it's either you are being scammed by someone or that you are not telling the true story.

Don't be a Thomas. I'm the one who purchased the car. Call any agent for the cost of clearing 2013 Toyota Camry.
Re: 2013 Toyota Camry Hybrid, Should I Import To Nigeria by MrMurphy1: 7:48pm On Aug 06, 2020
My brother..... Car users run far from hybrid cars and if at all you r gonna get a buyer,if at a cost with profit then it will certainly be purchased by a novice cos the aesthetics alone go fit drive u crazy..... But that aside,if it's an experienced car user then it will always be priced below cost price and for the fact that u might not want your money to be too tied down.....u may decide to sell below the cost price with loss.....Hence, avoid bringing in hybrid vehicles ...
Re: 2013 Toyota Camry Hybrid, Should I Import To Nigeria by sultaan(m): 9:55pm On Aug 06, 2020
Ivegotsolutions:

FYI

Going by your post N1.9m will be spent on shipping alone , that means N2.1m is what you paid for a 2013 Camry hybrid which is about $4500.

This is when people have to be realistic on claims because adding up the numbers open up unbelievable things. 87,000 miles Camry!

Now maybe a 387,000 miles retired taxi will make a lot more sense
Re: 2013 Toyota Camry Hybrid, Should I Import To Nigeria by Ivegotsolutions(m): 3:23pm On Aug 07, 2020
sultaan:

Going by your post N1.9m will be spent on shipping alone , that means N2.1m is what you paid for a 2013 Camry hybrid which is about $4500.

This is when people have to be realistic on claims because adding up the numbers open up unbelievable things. 87,000 miles Camry!

Now maybe a 387,000 miles retired taxi will make a lot more sense

I got the car from auction site at the rate of 4250$. The car had side dent which affected the suspension. Already fixed that over there with about 500$.

Do not calculate Naira rate for. I deal on streaming services and 90% of my customers are Americans. so i use my sales to repurchase car.

Though I have made up my mind not to ship to Nigeria anymore. Dealer on jiji with the same car has not been able to sell his since September last year.

(1) (Reply)

Car Needed For Bolt/uber Service / Best Place To Buy New Mercedes: Canada Or North America / Do Women Change Their Punchured Tyres Themselves

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.