Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,658 members, 7,820,308 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:52 PM

Advice Needed On Family Issues - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Advice Needed On Family Issues (843 Views)

Advice Needed On My Late Dad's 1st Remembrance / How Do I Get My Act Together Again. Family Issues / Family Issues!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice Needed On Family Issues by kadajenterprises: 3:14pm On Aug 02, 2020
Pls I need your advice on family issues bothering my mind now on how my wife treats my daughter.Am married and I have a daughter who is 10yrs old and a son 6yrs old.I have financial challenges which I believe will pass soonest because I made a wrong investment that costs me millions of naira,am planning on selling (the investment)off.The issue starts when am home due to my mistakes of investing wrongly and it made me see a lot how my wife always scold and treats my daughter .She owns a shop in front of my house which my daughter is always in charge.when we had a maid I always told her to monitor her shop very well cos I don't trust the maid but she neglected my advise and the maid suddenly ruined her and she started over again after sending the maid away and ever since then my daughter had been in charge and people were even commending my daughter that at her age she is brilliant and has wisdom but my wife is different from one complain to another and it resulted in beating her which I don't like and if I complaining she says am overprotective.if she dares make any mistakes she beat her and I even told my wife when you were at her age,were you treated in such ways but she always told me am spoiling her(a girl of 10 yes).Right now am thing of telling my daughter to stay off her shop and let her be but my daughter is scared of her which am not in support .Pls I need your advice and contributions on how to manage cos I have pleaded with her to let my daughter be pending I gain my feet but she insists.Insults are welcome and suggestions as to how to move forward pending the sale of the investment.
Thank you all
Re: Advice Needed On Family Issues by Kriss216: 3:17pm On Aug 02, 2020
Your wife has another job aside the shop? Why can't she manage her shop by herself?
Restrict your daughter from going to the shop. If your wife is not ready for the business, then, let her close the shop!

3 Likes

Re: Advice Needed On Family Issues by Nobody: 3:35pm On Aug 02, 2020
Looking for the correlation between the failed investment and the problem...

BTW is the daughter not her daughter too? Why is she treating her badly?

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed On Family Issues by frozen70(f): 5:44pm On Aug 02, 2020
kadajenterprises:
Pls I need your advice on family issues bothering my mind now on how my wife treats my daughter.Am married and I have a daughter who is 10yrs old and a son 6yrs old.I have financial challenges which I believe will pass soonest because I made a wrong investment that costs me millions of naira,am planning on selling (the investment)off.The issue starts when am home due to my mistakes of investing wrongly and it made me see a lot how my wife always scold and treats my daughter .She owns a shop in front of my house which my daughter is always in charge.when we had a maid I always told her to monitor her shop very well cos I don't trust the maid but she neglected my advise and the maid suddenly ruined her and she started over again after sending the maid away and ever since then my daughter had been in charge and people were even commending my daughter that at her age she is brilliant and has wisdom but my wife is different from one complain to another and it resulted in beating her which I don't like and if I complaining she says am overprotective.if she dares make any mistakes she beat her and I even told my wife when you were at her age,were you treated in such ways but she always told me am spoiling her(a girl of 10 yes).Right now am thing of telling my daughter to stay off her shop and let her be but my daughter is scared of her which am not in support .Pls I need your advice and contributions on how to manage cos I have pleaded with her to let my daughter be pending I gain my feet but she insists.Insults are welcome and suggestions as to how to move forward pending the sale of the investment.
Thank you all

A girl of 10yrs is not supposed to be subjected to such torture as it will affect her mental stability

You can visit your inlaw and get it settled for the sake of your daughter

Another option is convincing her to arrange for he to be in a boarding house for her secondary school

If care is not taken, that girl will grwo to hate the mother

Last option is for you to be in the shop when you are free so that she can read her books

But make haste so that you get an income and take decisions at home

Women can be authoritative when the man is down

Just be careful in handling it in any way it goes
Re: Advice Needed On Family Issues by Blissquare(f): 8:11pm On Aug 02, 2020
A ten year old girl is too young to be managing a shop when she can be studying or watching educative televison. Insist that your wife closes the shop or manages it herself.
Re: Advice Needed On Family Issues by sisisioge: 8:12pm On Aug 02, 2020
You are the head of the family...no need for long story. Simply tell your wife to find a sales girl or man her shop herself. At the same time, tell her the little girl is no longer allowed in the shop until further notice. Final!

Even if she's the one putting food on the table now, you are still the head of the family biko.

5 Likes

Re: Advice Needed On Family Issues by Nobody: 3:19am On Aug 03, 2020
kadajenterprises:
Thank you all

I don't understand why parents still beat their children like they're thieves.......

Define those boundaries for her....let she not beat her again....Its cool for your daughter to go to the shop, but let your wife not beat her....if she's got a problem let she settle it peacefully with your daughter.....by beating her, it doesn't solve any issue.....
Re: Advice Needed On Family Issues by Nobody: 6:49am On Aug 03, 2020
Re: Advice Needed On Family Issues by mejai(m): 6:53am On Aug 03, 2020
Mr Man, man up and take charge of ur home. Stop that child from that abuse with immediate effect.
Re: Advice Needed On Family Issues by spiralwedge(m): 7:52am On Aug 03, 2020
Palema007:
Looking for the correlation between the failed investment and the problem...

BTW is the daughter not her daughter too? Why is she treating her badly?

The correlation is that he lost control of his home. When you don't bring money in, a typical Nigerian wife misbehaves and suddenly cant continue to be submissive.
Re: Advice Needed On Family Issues by Shinny1: 6:50pm On Aug 03, 2020
You have to make her, to change her mindset
Maybe she's among the school of thought that believes beating children is the only way....Am not saying beating children is bad but the excessiveness of it

Make her understand that times has changed...she can melt out punishment to the girl if she's faults cos if she continues the girl will get use to it and probably challenge her authority one day...

And please don't make the correction in the presence of your daughter....and as for you keep showing her love never talk down about your wife in the presence of your daughter
Re: Advice Needed On Family Issues by NaBanga: 12:03pm On Nov 02, 2022
kadajenterprises:
Thank you all

Sir 2 years have passed. How is your daughter? Is your wife treating her any better?

(1) (Reply)

Nairaland Family Thread / Orl 60 Inch Ceiling Fan / Advice To Men About Their Pregnant Wives.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.