Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,350 members, 7,957,932 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 03:31 AM

My Near Death Experience While Working As A Mason - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / My Near Death Experience While Working As A Mason (418 Views)

My Near Death Experience / Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? / My Near Blood Money (ritual) Experience. (true Life Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Near Death Experience While Working As A Mason by MrOjay1(m): 9:27am On Aug 03, 2020
Last friday evening,my friend in the hood called me on phone to inform me of a job opening in an ongoing construction site somewhere around Agbara(Lagos).

He told me the pay is 2,300 per day depending on if you were able to finish the day's job.

I told him i was interested (no choice for a broke man) and asked him when we are to leave for the place.He said we'll leave for Agbara the next day early in the morning to get there on time and start with others.

'No wahala',i said.

We set off the next morning and got there before 7 or thereabouts.

When the supervisor saw me said,
'oboy as you dey lenge lenge(slim) like this,you sure say you go fit do this kind work so??'

I told him i could.Shey no be my mates dey do am?

I started the work o which was carrying mixed concrete and sand up into the second floor of the building.

The work no easy o.I wan die true to God but i just chinned up and continued.I worked like this till afternoon.
My body was telling me to stop but i continued being that i wanted my full pay for the day then something happened.

As i was climbing up the scaffolded stairs,my limbs had become weak and my eyes dazed,i had no energy left again to climb up to the second floor so while trying to muster up energy as i climbed,i mis-stepped my footings and was about falling off the stairs down to the ground laden with bamboo,nails.stones and co far below but was saved by the hand of another worker coming up the stairs behind me.He had already noticed my fatigue and signs of faint feeling.

My headpan had already crashed down the ground.

I wonder what would have happened to me.Probably would have died.

The supervisor heard of it and was furious,lambasting me saying,'shebi i tell you say you no fit do this work?Na so you for put me for trouble.Oya dey go house now now,he said as he put his hands in his pocket and brought out 1400 as my payment.

I protested and demanded my full payment but he wasn't listening and was threatening to call the police.

I left the place,went home and used half the money to treat the sprain and pains i was feeling all over my body.
Re: My Near Death Experience While Working As A Mason by ucheuzor1(m): 9:34am On Aug 03, 2020
Bro just thank your star. Also go back and thank that young man that helped you. Hold him as your Angel.

I was once in a similar situation when I was still tender. I was crossing an erosion and it carried me. It was young fellow that rushed and saved me. Don't know what would have been my fate today. I still hold the Young Man dear in my life. I have plans of paying him good for saving my life. He must have forgotten the incident, but I never did.
Re: My Near Death Experience While Working As A Mason by MrOjay1(m): 9:38am On Aug 03, 2020
ucheuzor1:
Bro just thank your star. Also go back and thank that young man that helped you. Hold him as your Angel.

I was once in a similar situation when I was still tender. I was crossing an erosion and it carried me. It was young fellow that rushed and saved me. Don't know what would have been my fate today. I still hold the Young Man dear in my life. I have plans of paying him good for saving my life. He must have forgotten the incident, but I never did.

I was lucky indeed,bro but wetin man go do na?
If i no work,i no fit chop.
Re: My Near Death Experience While Working As A Mason by Nobody: 9:39am On Aug 03, 2020
God exists. This is another proof.
Re: My Near Death Experience While Working As A Mason by Nobody: 9:39am On Aug 03, 2020
To be a man is no child's play.A guardian angel was sent at such time, lucky you.
Re: My Near Death Experience While Working As A Mason by MrOjay1(m): 9:42am On Aug 03, 2020
NNU0000:
To be a man is no child's play.A guardian angel was sent at such time, lucky you.

I thank God
Re: My Near Death Experience While Working As A Mason by TransflectTP(m): 9:52am On Aug 03, 2020
God be with you bro.

(1) (Reply)

See Photos Of Ooni Of Ife's Ex-wife, Olori Wuraola And What She Is Doing. / Please NL Folk I Need A Dog For Give Away Price. / Falz Speaks Up Again!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.