Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,833 members, 7,813,782 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:15 PM

My Near Death Experience - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / My Near Death Experience (778 Views)

Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? / My Near Blood Money (ritual) Experience. (true Life Story) / Experienced A Near Death Experience? Relate How You Felt During That Moment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Near Death Experience by dejt4u(m): 4:17pm On Sep 28, 2023
Tomorrow, 29th of September is my birthday and I have decided to write about my near death experience.

It was on a bright afternoon, Wednesday, the 9th of November, 2022. I tidy up my desk from work and decided to travel to Ibadan to follow up on the QC assessment my organization had applied for at a government institution in Ibadan. My wife and I also live in Ibadan so I usually spend the weekends in Ibadan and return to work in Lagos every Mondays.

I arrived Oshodi bus terminal around 4pm and I boarded a bus heading to Iwo road in Ibadan. I was the last passenger to board.

On approaching Sagamu, we started hearing gunshots from different angles. We were ambushed by kidnappers. The bus driver managed to maneuver the vehicle and turned back. As he was trying to do that, I was hit by the bullet from behind. My life flashed through my mind and all I could think of was my wife of just two months. I was the only person in the bus that was hit by the bullet.

I was lucky to survive as doctors confessed they couldn't believe I can survive. The bullet affected my spine, lung, ribs and some other internal organs. I spent a total of 74 days at the ICU of Olabisi Onabanjo University Teaching Hospital, Sagamu. I further spent weeks at the ward of the hospital.

Chest tube underwater seal was used to drain fluid from my lungs. The bullet was removed after X-ray and CT scans. Also, a lumbo sacral MRI scan was recommended so as to know level of damage to the spine. The MRI scan result showed that a nerve was damaged (cauda equina) and I was unable to move my legs. A spine surgery (laminectomy) was however recommended. The spine surgery was done in January 2023. I was only able to move my right leg effectively after the surgery while hoping for the recovery of the damaged nerve.

For the left leg, physiotherapy was recommended. Presently, I am confined to wheelchair and small movements with the aid of a walking frame and a backslab that is always attached to the left leg whenever I want to move.

At the ICU, the doctors tried weaning me off the ventilator thereby placing me on a tracheostomy (a tube inserted to my windpipe through a hole on my neck by the Ear, Nose and Throat - ENT doctors). When I got more stable and the ENT doctors attempted to take the tracheostomy off, another problem arose. Narrowing of the airway (stenosis). I found it so hard to breathe on my own. I relapsed and had to be intubated again. I was later referred to OAUTHC in Ile-Ife to see cardiothoracic surgeons to decanulate me surgically (tracheal resection).

I was however discharged conditionally in April this year and I was told to come back to the hospital to return the colostomy I have in my stomach. The colostomy is where I am passing the feaces temporarily.

I also nurse a serious pressure ulcer (bed sore at the tail bone) for months upon discharge from hospital. I thank God almighty that I am getting better and stronger by the day. Family, friends and people came through for me spiritually and financially. The love I was shown is tremendous.

Kindly remember me in prayers as I am still in the process of recovery. Thank you for reading through.

nlfpmod
Seun
Richiez

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Near Death Experience by Kareayo(f): 5:36pm On Sep 28, 2023
Sorry for your predicament. I wish you a quick recovery. I sent you a PM

1 Like

Re: My Near Death Experience by sunnymighty(m): 7:22pm On Sep 28, 2023
May the almighty perfect your healing IJN. It is well with you.
Re: My Near Death Experience by dejt4u(m): 7:59pm On Sep 28, 2023
sunnymighty:
May the almighty perfect your healing IJN. It is well with you.
Amen. Thank you
Re: My Near Death Experience by kunmisola(f): 4:55pm On Sep 29, 2023
God will perfect your healing sir. You will rise again.
Re: My Near Death Experience by dejt4u(m): 7:02pm On Sep 29, 2023
kunmisola:
God will perfect your healing sir. You will rise again.
thank you so much my sister
Re: My Near Death Experience by Drniyi4u(m): 4:32am On Oct 01, 2023
Thank God for life.
May God perfect the healing 🙏

2 Likes

Re: My Near Death Experience by FavoredbyGOD: 1:07am On Oct 07, 2023
dejt4u:
Tomorrow, 29th of September is my birthday and I have decided to write about my near death experience.

It was on a bright afternoon, Wednesday, the 9th of November, 2022. I tidy up my desk from work and decided to travel to Ibadan to follow up on the QC assessment my organization had applied for at a government institution in Ibadan. My wife and I also live in Ibadan so I usually spend the weekends in Ibadan and return to work in Lagos every Mondays.

I arrived Oshodi bus terminal around 4pm and I boarded a bus heading to Iwo road in Ibadan. I was the last passenger to board.

On approaching Sagamu, we started hearing gunshots from different angles. We were ambushed by kidnappers. The bus driver managed to maneuver the vehicle and turned back. As he was trying to do that, I was hit by the bullet from behind. My life flashed through my mind and all I could think of was my wife of just two months. I was the only person in the bus that was hit by the bullet.

I was lucky to survive as doctors confessed they couldn't believe I can survive. The bullet affected my spine, lung, ribs and some other internal organs. I spent a total of 74 days at the ICU of Olabisi Onabanjo University Teaching Hospital, Sagamu. I further spent weeks at the ward of the hospital.

Chest tube underwater seal was used to drain fluid from my lungs. The bullet was removed after X-ray and CT scans. Also, a lumbo sacral MRI scan was recommended so as to know level of damage to the spine. The MRI scan result showed that a nerve was damaged (cauda equina) and I was unable to move my legs. A spine surgery (laminectomy) was however recommended. The spine surgery was done in January 2023. I was only able to move my right leg effectively after the surgery while hoping for the recovery of the damaged nerve.

For the left leg, physiotherapy was recommended. Presently, I am confined to wheelchair and small movements with the aid of a walking frame and a backslab that is always attached to the left leg whenever I want to move.

At the ICU, the doctors tried weaning me off the ventilator thereby placing me on a tracheostomy (a tube inserted to my windpipe through a hole on my neck by the Ear, Nose and Throat - ENT doctors). When I got more stable and the ENT doctors attempted to take the tracheostomy off, another problem arose. Narrowing of the airway (stenosis). I found it so hard to breathe on my own. I relapsed and had to be intubated again. I was later referred to OAUTHC in Ile-Ife to see cardiothoracic surgeons to decanulate me surgically (tracheal resection).

I was however discharged conditionally in April this year and I was told to come back to the hospital to return the colostomy I have in my stomach. The colostomy is where I am passing the feaces temporarily.

I also nurse a serious pressure ulcer (bed sore at the tail bone) for months upon discharge from hospital. I thank God almighty that I am getting better and stronger by the day. Family, friends and people came through for me spiritually and financially. The love I was shown is tremendous.

Kindly remember me in prayers as I am still in the process of recovery. Thank you for reading through.

nlfpmod
Seun
Richiez

I thank ALMIGHTY GOD for saving you
Re: My Near Death Experience by dejt4u(m): 2:21pm On Oct 07, 2023
FavoredbyGOD:

I thank ALMIGHTY GOD for saving you
thank you
Re: My Near Death Experience by SoftBread01: 8:01pm On Oct 07, 2023
I am so sorry about your situation and I sincerely hope you get better soon!🙏
Re: My Near Death Experience by dejt4u(m): 1:17pm On Oct 10, 2023
SoftBread01:
amen. Thank you
Re: My Near Death Experience by BItt: 2:46pm On Oct 10, 2023
dejt4u:
amen. Thank you
Sorry sir. I have been wondering why I haven't been seeing your moniker around in a while.
Sorry for your predicament, I pray the most high grant you the needed help.
Sorry o cry
Re: My Near Death Experience by dejt4u(m): 3:25pm On Oct 10, 2023
BItt:

Sorry sir. I have been wondering why I haven't been seeing your moniker around in a while.
Sorry o cry
Thank you for your prayers. I'm really grateful
Re: My Near Death Experience by Ibiyinka90(m): 2:11am On Oct 18, 2023
When your friend who is my own best friend(Adebayour26) told me about the incident, I was so sad about it. It was just 3 weeks to my wedding in Lagos and I already fixed him as my best man. So, he had to be running the two things together. He was visiting Shagamu like his backyard and I was always asking about your well-being. There was a night I had to start praying for you when he told me your condition. He even sent me the picture of the bullet when it got removed. I really thank God you are alive. The way he got so worried about you shows you are a good man. May the Lord perfect your healing.
Meanwhile, your wife is one of the best on earth. May the Lord compensate her efforts. You shall stand on your feet soon.
#Israel
Re: My Near Death Experience by adebayour26: 1:50pm On Oct 18, 2023
SoftBread01:
Too late 😔
Re: My Near Death Experience by adebayour26: 5:57pm On Oct 18, 2023
BItt:

Sorry o cry

How I wish these prayers were answered!
He's a good guy. I'm speechless and can't even put the words together.
How are the mighty fallen

Your memory lives on, my guy, my brother.
😔 😔 😔
Re: My Near Death Experience by BItt: 6:05pm On Oct 18, 2023
adebayour26:

Too late 😔
too late how cry
Re: My Near Death Experience by adebayour26: 6:08pm On Oct 18, 2023
Kareayo:
Sorry for your predicament. I wish you a quick recovery. I sent you a PM
Even when the situations were critical,
He scaled through
Several days of coma and unconsciousness, you came out alive
Now, you're doing well & recuperating,
With high hope and plans for the future
Gratitude to God for a conquered battle
And smiles on our faces as your improve in recovering.

But Death swept you off your feet
We became helpless, speechless & defenceless.
Dejt4u, my champion,
very intelligent & smart guy,
My confidant
My friend
My brother
My teacher
My encourager
My co-planner
A brilliant Nuclear Physicist
A genius
A kind-hearted guy
Re: My Near Death Experience by sunnymighty(m): 7:03pm On Oct 18, 2023
adebayour26:

He scaled through

Dejt4u, my champion,
My confidant
My friend
My brother
My teacher
My encourager
My co-planner
A genius
A kind-hearted guy

This is unbelievable!!! I wish this is not true sir.
Re: My Near Death Experience by adebayour26: 7:15pm On Oct 18, 2023
sunnymighty:

This is unbelievable!!! I wish this is not true sir.
I really prayed and wished it wasn't true as well.
Re: My Near Death Experience by sunnymighty(m): 7:52pm On Oct 18, 2023
adebayour26:

I really prayed and wished it wasn't true as well.

Very unfortunate, may God almighty comforts the family he left behind and may his soul rest in peace.
Re: My Near Death Experience by lifenajeje(m): 8:33am On Oct 19, 2023
Take heart Adebayo..
May God strengthen u.

1 Like

Re: My Near Death Experience by adebayour26: 11:05pm On Oct 19, 2023
lifenajeje:
Take heart Adebayo..
May God strengthen u.

Thank you
Re: My Near Death Experience by BItt: 2:37pm On Oct 21, 2023
adebayour26:

He scaled through

Dejt4u, my champion,
My confidant
My friend
My brother
My teacher
My encourager
My co-planner
A genius
A kind-hearted guy

This is confusing because he replied my post up there
Re: My Near Death Experience by adebayour26: 1:34pm On Oct 23, 2023
BItt:

This is confusing because he replied my post up there
The whole thing happened last Tuesday, 17th
Re: My Near Death Experience by SoftBread01: 2:45pm On Oct 26, 2023
adebayour26:

Too late 😔

Jesus Christ!

Dejt4u did not survive it?

Ah!
This is really heartbreaking.

He was one of the coordinators during the Xfire undergraduate scholarship.
Believe me, that guy was a great teacher!

May his soul rest in peace!
Re: My Near Death Experience by adebayour26: 12:45pm On Oct 27, 2023
SoftBread01:

Jesus Christ!

Dejt4u did not survive it?

Ah!
This is really heartbreaking.

He was one of the coordinators during the Xfire undergraduate scholarship.
Believe me, that guy was a great teacher!

May his soul rest in peace!
Trust me, that guy was a genius & so smart, only if you had met him in person
Re: My Near Death Experience by SoftBread01: 6:32pm On Oct 28, 2023
adebayour26:

Trust me, that guy is a genius & so smart, only if you had met him in person

Even without meeting him in person, one would know he was a genius.

It's really obvious.

My sincere condolences to those he left behind!

1 Like

Re: My Near Death Experience by Odunharry(m): 9:54am On Oct 29, 2023
Rest well bro.. embarassed cry cry

(1) (Reply)

� Hey Social Media Enthusiasts! � Exciting News Ahead! � / My 46th Independent Special Gift To Nigerians! / Lucky Now On Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.