Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,188 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:46 AM

Omoyele Sowore Releases Footage Of His DSS Detention Cell, A Year After - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Omoyele Sowore Releases Footage Of His DSS Detention Cell, A Year After (74783 Views)

Sowore Releases Details Of Campaign Expenses, Asks Others To Emulate Him / How I Was Maltreated In DSS Detention — Sowore / Unbowed And Unbroken: TIB Members Visit Defiant Sowore In DSS Detention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Omoyele Sowore Releases Footage Of His DSS Detention Cell, A Year After by shyvicky: 11:23am On Aug 04, 2020
I know how he smuggled the phone there, it's simple, with the help of that arrested cat grin
Re: Omoyele Sowore Releases Footage Of His DSS Detention Cell, A Year After by PropertyBuying(f): 11:40am On Aug 04, 2020
foolbuster:

He was happy the Jonathan government was booted out. A big difference. You people really do not know who sowore is and what he stands for.
please educate us. We want to know more that what we already knew about him.
Re: Omoyele Sowore Releases Footage Of His DSS Detention Cell, A Year After by Texman21: 11:53am On Aug 04, 2020
Re: Omoyele Sowore Releases Footage Of His DSS Detention Cell, A Year After by melodyogonna(m): 11:55am On Aug 04, 2020
osazuwa23:
I respect sowore more because he started his own things from sahara reporters to coming up with revolution whereas kanu didnt create biafra since biafra was ojukwu ideology. kanu has only reopened own wounds that ojukwu promised should never happen again
Biafra wasn't Ojukwu's idealogy, it was decided by a group of people with same interests, get your facts right. And Nnamdi Kanu didn't reopen any wounds, though he certainly made the agitation more popular. What Nnamdi Kanu is doing is by far more dangerous and expensive than that of Sowore, whether he started Sahara reporters from scratch or not.
Re: Omoyele Sowore Releases Footage Of His DSS Detention Cell, A Year After by SideInkom: 11:58am On Aug 04, 2020
Too bad
Re: Omoyele Sowore Releases Footage Of His DSS Detention Cell, A Year After by AfroKnight: 11:59am On Aug 04, 2020
4 months in a room!

shocked

Imprisonment without conviction. This can damage a person’s mind.
Re: Omoyele Sowore Releases Footage Of His DSS Detention Cell, A Year After by Ajibade123(m): 12:01pm On Aug 04, 2020
Petyr1:
don't you understand simple sentence? I said if sowore want to fight the government he should also leave the country

Don't be stupid and unfortunate at the same time
bro as a Nigerian I think we can do better with the way we respond to people even on social media
I don't think that guy gentle comments warrant you to call him stupid and unfortunate
Re: Omoyele Sowore Releases Footage Of His DSS Detention Cell, A Year After by ejimatic: 12:21pm On Aug 04, 2020
StagethemTVee:
Former presidential aspirant Omoyele Sowore has released a video showing where he was detained by DSS a year ago. He was arrested by the Buhari goverment for planning and leading a revolution now protest against the government.

https://mobile.twitter.com/YeleSowore/status/1290244083643035648
. Each time I hear Sowore name I remember Gani Fawehinmi. Bola Ige and many activists who fought for masses without any fear of gun and detention. Times flies. Nowadays activists cry and shout in court exercising fear of detention ....When are we going to have true activities in Nigeria not attention seekers?

1 Like

Re: Omoyele Sowore Releases Footage Of His DSS Detention Cell, A Year After by Firespitter: 12:36pm On Aug 04, 2020
Texman21:
The pple writing thesis up there should submit their project.

Lol
Re: Omoyele Sowore Releases Footage Of His DSS Detention Cell, A Year After by fof1: 12:46pm On Aug 04, 2020
StagethemTVee:
Former presidential aspirant Omoyele Sowore has released a video showing where he was detained by DSS a year ago. He was arrested by the Buhari goverment for planning and leading a revolution now protest against the government.

https://mobile.twitter.com/YeleSowore/status/1290244083643035648

RUBBISH TALK. THANK GOD U ARE ALIVE TO TELL UR STORIES. ABIOLA DIDN'T MAKE IT AND IS GONE FOREVER. U STILL RISK BEING ARRESTED FOR ABUSE OF SECURITY DETENTION FACILITY AND SECURITY PROCEDURES.
Re: Omoyele Sowore Releases Footage Of His DSS Detention Cell, A Year After by frankoben(m): 12:51pm On Aug 04, 2020
If u've ever been in a cell, u wouldn't call that luxury apartment one.
Re: Omoyele Sowore Releases Footage Of His DSS Detention Cell, A Year After by benji93: 12:52pm On Aug 04, 2020
Stop this Nonsense, man. As long our leaders continue to govern shambolically. As long leaders wear the garment of conscienceless corruption. In which none of them can be trusted, we deal with the problems as they come. Jonathan as a president was a bitch. Nigeria flourished with regards to revenue generation under his regime. The price of oil on the average was more than double it ever was under this current regime. The job of the media is to uncover corrupt activities wherever- not that they are always doing it though, or their reports are not without prejudice. The fact that Nigerians consume media content literally tells a lot about us. A bunch of educated and uneducated illiterates. Do not blame Sowore. Blame it on the Nigerians that voted. If someone tells you something, must you act on it, shouldn't your better judgement help you make the right choice. This media thing is quite overrated honestly. A singificant proportion of the population are not even quite privy to what's going on on the social media. Some don't even care. We are talking about a country where the underaged register and vote. Sowore's criticisms of this government definitely predates Buhari's re-election, then why was he re-elected. You better find something better to do with your time. The opinion that Sowore was the major reason Buhari came into office is overrated. Anyone that thinks otherwise needs to re-educate himself urgently. Buhari clearly couldn't establish sanity in our system, which was what everyone thought he would, given his history. He has failed at that. As it turns out we frequently overestimate our usefulness or perhaps we do know we are incompetent but choose to govern for our own interests. Everyone is all over the place complaining about the government. Yet some of us will never return home. Let them fix the problem we say. The earlier the competent and conscientious amongst us wrealize that some will have to sacrifice their time and life to get things in order the better for us. The earlier we realize that the mandate we seek must be taken by force- in whichever way is the most dignifying- the better for us. We keep complaining but this useless leaders will not let it go freely. They will hang on to it as long as they can. We seriously need that state autonomy. I will repeat again, if you don't do it nobody will.

We are the reason we are where we are.
FullBlastLight:

My broda, he did jor!

Never underestimate d influential power of media in politics!

In fact, he did far more than any other politician thru his damning news!

D media are a mind controlled & manipulative system; influencing d opinions & choices of d citizenry!

Or, don't u know dt already? Huh?
Re: Omoyele Sowore Releases Footage Of His DSS Detention Cell, A Year After by Oracleforce: 12:55pm On Aug 04, 2020
With this alone, heads will roll in DSS office...because it is against the ethics of the job that an accused person should take pictures in detention...There must be aiding and abetting officers among the DSS....
Re: Omoyele Sowore Releases Footage Of His DSS Detention Cell, A Year After by madridsta007(m): 1:24pm On Aug 04, 2020
foolbuster:

He was happy the Jonathan government was booted out. A big difference. You people really do not know who sowore is and what he stands for.

Oga, he celebrated with his fellow Buhari supporters.
Those of us that know and have read about despots knew that, in a matter of time, he would be swallowed by the beast he helped create.
What he stands for? Well, one of those things are lies. Remember the HUGE lie of GEJ given out gold-plated iPhones to wedding guests? grin

We have no pity for him. It is IMPORTANT that everyone is held accountable for his actions or inactions. I am sure Sowore, a justice proponent, agrees with this.
Re: Omoyele Sowore Releases Footage Of His DSS Detention Cell, A Year After by Fearlez: 1:24pm On Aug 04, 2020
authority2006:

The day you understand that media or Sowore didn't sell anyone to anybody is the day you're ready to face the truth that people made their choices based on their own conviction. I would still vote for Buhari over Jonathan anyday anytime.

Jonathan's government waste tragedy that should never occur in this country again! It's an abomination!
you can't smell the truth even if you wore it as a nose mask!

Politicians and political parties worldwide spend billions for publicity on the press to print and broadcast lies, exaggerations and smear campaigns....damn!

When you think people should even know the basics.
Re: Omoyele Sowore Releases Footage Of His DSS Detention Cell, A Year After by Fearlez: 1:26pm On Aug 04, 2020
ThreeBlackBird:

You actually made good points.

Just wanted to inform you I used the word "could" which means it could have been otherwise. If Jonathan didn't seem to have much solution to the insecurity problem which when on to cost him his re-election, how can we be sure the situation would be better after election? That's the perspective I viewed it from.
Okay. I get your point, bro.
Re: Omoyele Sowore Releases Footage Of His DSS Detention Cell, A Year After by Allsome: 1:36pm On Aug 04, 2020
ThreeBlackBird:

A lot of people have interacted with my comment and we've shared ideas. You're the only one who has read tribalism into my comment. Just look at you.

You want us to keep Jonathan as if Aso Rock is his father's house. Things were not right but we were meant to keep him still because he's what exactly?

Unfortunately, we have Buhari, another bad market as it's always the case when there's a transition in government, even within the same party. It's either the incoming is better or worse.

As well as Obama performed, Americans still changed from Dem to GOP because they thought Trump is the lesser evil. Now, many Americans are disappointed. How is their choice a crime?

Yoruba hates Jonathan for what? Someone who isn't even consequential in the scheme of things anymore? Who hates such person? Lol. Well, I don't expect you to see beyond the thick shield of tribalism covering your face.

Jonathan has done his term and left. We move on and we don't owe you, Jonathan or anyone anything at all. We made the call, make yours.

If we got Jonathan in in his first term, we could decide to take him out if he failed and we did.

How come you don't berate the buhari led government the same way you berate Jonathan's given that your yardsticks for judgement is the same terrorism and corruption which are both at sky level in this present time.

The topic under which we are commenting is directly against the misleadings of this government .... Yet you found a way to relate it to the preceding dispensation.

A dispensation that had even a fuller plate of democratic lineaments and absolute rule of law .... It is because of your hatred. If not, knowing that terrorism and corruption started far before GEJ's time, you still call his name Everytime issues about this government is highlighted.

A government tht had a more credible transparency, followed their objectives to their economic agendas. Compare the events of subsidy and the economic stability in both government. Instead of you to focus on that ills of this present government, NO, you prefer to keep bringing up a better past in a derogatory manner.

Say whatever you want. You all brought this upon us, we all are suffering it together no matter the English you write and speak. Now #boybye

1 Like

Re: Omoyele Sowore Releases Footage Of His DSS Detention Cell, A Year After by Allsome: 1:53pm On Aug 04, 2020
StagethemTVee:
Strong example of your point is the Trump Government. Even though CNN kept reporting negatively about him, he went on to win the election. Today they are still reporting negatively, twitter not left out,the BLM hijack but Trump is winning a good number of Americans with his works on ground. This makes his reelection a possibility.

I guess his good works you mean include the fact that he has supported the police who killed George Floyd and that he cares not a hoot about black lives. Una go just dey for under moon dey tell people wetin dey happen under the sun. Abeg shift. So where are the good works of this government? I guess it's the N523M they spent of feeding school children even when schools were closed during lockdown.... Nobody is talking but the NDDC that mismanaged funds in the same manner was labeled corruption and so therefore, the "innocent puppet" Akpabio has been charged to accuse former PDP governors in the SE and SS. Una go dey dey ignorant dey talk blindly with so much confidence. Politics for ASO rock different from politics for Newspaper.
Re: Omoyele Sowore Releases Footage Of His DSS Detention Cell, A Year After by Allsome: 1:59pm On Aug 04, 2020
ThreeBlackBird:

His media opened the can of worms that sat in Aso and he isn't sorry for it as the millions of voters who booted the ineffectual buffoon out of office.

I guess there are no can of worms to open in this government. Look at how you addressed GEJ. "A buffoon". Let's thank Seun for this nairaland, the internet for access to matters arising and most importantly, MTN for *606#. Because if not your type is too uncultured and uncouth to be given the right to speak. Idiot!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Omoyele Sowore Releases Footage Of His DSS Detention Cell, A Year After by BigBashiru: 1:59pm On Aug 04, 2020
ThreeBlackBird:

Omoyele didn't force any government on the people. The people made their own choice. I don't know when it has become a crime to be vocal again a government that is not living up to its expectations.

His media opened the can of worms that sat in Aso and he isn't sorry for it as the millions of voters who booted the ineffectual buffoon out of office.

This is another irresponsible government and Omoyele, as he's known to be, has since stood his ground against it. Then, what exactly is his sin? That he didn't pamper a cash cow to a select few back to office?

The government today would go as well and another would come. Woe betide whoever runs around supporting political onslaught on the people in the name of supporting a party or tribe because, at the end, history would remember those who stood against evil in whatever form it came for good.

Nigerians see good and call it bad and see bad and call it good...... I've never seen anything like it before
Re: Omoyele Sowore Releases Footage Of His DSS Detention Cell, A Year After by StagethemTVee: 2:28pm On Aug 04, 2020
Please explain in English
Allsome:

I guess his good works you mean include the fact that he has supported the police who killed George Floyd and that he cares not a hoot about black lives. Una go just dey for under moon dey tell people wetin dey happen under the sun. Abeg shift. So where are the good works of this government? I guess it's the N523M they spent of feeding school children even when schools were closed during lockdown.... Nobody is talking but the NDDC that mismanaged funds in the same manner was labeled corruption and so therefore, the "innocent puppet" Akpabio has been charged to accuse former PDP governors in the SE and SS. Una go dey dey ignorant dey talk blindly with so much confidence. Politics for ASO rock different from politics for Newspaper.
Re: Omoyele Sowore Releases Footage Of His DSS Detention Cell, A Year After by lebete3000: 2:29pm On Aug 04, 2020
Lisaint:
More like executive cell.....
Go to kirikiri and see cell

See cell, abi see hell...
Re: Omoyele Sowore Releases Footage Of His DSS Detention Cell, A Year After by Petyr1: 2:39pm On Aug 04, 2020
Ajibade123:

bro as a Nigerian I think we can do better with the way we respond to people even on social media
I don't think that guy gentle comments warrant you to call him stupid and unfortunate
so you can't read where he said "So many kids in nairaland". Did he know my age or known me physically that should warrant him calling me kid?
Re: Omoyele Sowore Releases Footage Of His DSS Detention Cell, A Year After by Nobody: 2:40pm On Aug 04, 2020
Allsome:

I guess there are no can of worms to open in this government. Look at how you addressed GEJ. "A buffoon". Let's thank Seun for this nairaland, the internet for access to matters arising and most importantly, MTN for *606#. Because if not your type is too uncultured and uncouth to be given the right to speak. Idiot!

I guess you're new to the word. Tell those to your people at home if you still have anyone who care about you rascal. You should be the one grateful to MTN and the code created for people as you, which you have now memorized to save you out of your misery.

The unbridled, stupid idiot here is you and I have the pleasure of informing you.

1 Like

Re: Omoyele Sowore Releases Footage Of His DSS Detention Cell, A Year After by Petyr1: 2:41pm On Aug 04, 2020
SpecialAdviser:

I felt I was discussing with a normal person. Sorry. Don't go to bed without taking your medication please I beg u.

Bye
i thought I am reasoning with normal person, i don't know it another pig with different level
Re: Omoyele Sowore Releases Footage Of His DSS Detention Cell, A Year After by anonimi: 2:52pm On Aug 04, 2020
Lisaint:
More like executive cell.....
Go to kirikiri and see cell

Can you please say something intelligent

1 Like

Re: Omoyele Sowore Releases Footage Of His DSS Detention Cell, A Year After by popcykaylah(m): 2:58pm On Aug 04, 2020
SpecialAdviser:

You think its easy to fight the disintegration of a country from another country Lol. So many kids in nairaland. KANU has a strong Zionist backup which no freedom fighter in Nigeria ever had.

Nnamdi KANU is a lion. If you think otherwise, I bet you to start fighting your local govt on your right.
Lion ko goat ni ... lion speaking from a hide out ..shioor.. ojukwu had more balls than he will gather in a life time
Re: Omoyele Sowore Releases Footage Of His DSS Detention Cell, A Year After by ospido: 3:06pm On Aug 04, 2020
ThreeBlackBird:
Look at the youth. Docile people! They would rather sit with BBNaija, watching those contestants while they sleep all through the night. And eventually, one man has decided to shake up some trees in government but it is this same set of unproductive young thugs and rascals who would open their smelly mouth to talk bad of him.

I have great respect for Nnamdi Kalu, although, I'm Yoruba. If only we have a few more young people like him and Sowore, we'll have scattered this country and rearranged it if that would be possible.

Impossible task. Remove Mr President from office or what?
This would have been better if it was done b4 his first tenure ended. But as it is i see this as nothing.
Besides,he's also going to support another in coming government which will be worse than the current one we now have.
Re: Omoyele Sowore Releases Footage Of His DSS Detention Cell, A Year After by Nobody: 3:09pm On Aug 04, 2020
Allsome:

How come you don't berate the buhari led government the same way you berate Jonathan's given that your yardsticks for judgement is the same terrorism and corruption which are both at sky level in this present time.
The problem is you don't even know me and how i'm sick and fed up of Buhari and his administration and how much I dislike him. Although,In 2015, there was security crisis and we had slipped into recession, i was everywhere campaigning for Jonathan. He tried his best but it was after the election I realised Nigerians made a good choice by getting him out of Aso rock with the revelations that followed. But Buhari? He's just a terrible misfit for the office of the president and a lot of people would agree. I berate Buhari's administration but that doesn't mean i should praise GEJ as well.

Allsome:

The topic under which we are commenting is directly against the misleadings of this government .... Yet you found a way to relate it to the preceding dispensation.
Perhaps, you didn't see the comment I quoted which brought up the conversation in the first place, you just want to be agree because I don't like GEJ either. The guy say it's nemesis of putting this government on us that is affect Sowore and we all know what he meant. I never even remembered there is a GEJ somewhere until i saw that comment which is very popular here and i tried to correct the notion.

Allsome:

A dispensation that had even a fuller plate of democratic lineaments and absolute rule of law .... It is because of your hatred. If not, knowing that terrorism and corruption started far before GEJ's time, you still call his name Everytime issues about this government is highlighted.
Get it right. Terrorism stated far before Buhari as well but it has gotten worse under him the way it got worse under Jonathan. Even if terrorism in Nigeria started since the beginning of time, if its tentacle spreads under an administration more, people will react. Or should we also pamper Buhari and make excuse for him since terrorism started since long ago?

Allsome:

A government tht had a more credible transparency, followed their objectives to their economic agendas. Compare the events of subsidy and the economic stability in both government. Instead of you to focus on that ills of this present government, NO, you prefer to keep bringing up a better past in a derogatory manner.
You're just angry and bitter. The economy was better during GEJ's tenure compared to Buhari but does than mean Nigerians were happy with it then? No. See ehn, that Buhari eventually disappointed doesn't mean GEJ deserved to have stayed longer in office. To me and many other, Buhari doesn't even deserve a second term.

Forget all these noise you and your fellow tribalists make here everyday, taking sides for two incompetent people, many people on the street know the truth and it's that both men failed.

Allsome:

Say whatever you want. You all brought this upon us, we all are suffering it together no matter the English you write and speak. Now #boybye
Okay, 2023 is around the corner. Go and vote Atiku or Tinubu again. You go cry foul so tay you go cry hen join. #byeLad
Re: Omoyele Sowore Releases Footage Of His DSS Detention Cell, A Year After by Nobody: 3:13pm On Aug 04, 2020
ospido:

Impossible task. Remove Mr President from office or what?
This would have been better if it was done b4 his first tenure ended. But as it is i see this as nothing.
Besides,he's also going to support another in coming government which will be worse than the current one we now have.
Removing the president is impossible but making the seat hot for him is not rocket science. How will a president not give press briefing one in a while? How can he be avoiding the media and his media aides defend him by saying he's not the media president?

Can you see how fvcked this country is?

1 Like

Re: Omoyele Sowore Releases Footage Of His DSS Detention Cell, A Year After by 1kinggy(m): 3:42pm On Aug 04, 2020
austine4real:
shocked sad

If it's not kirikiri,agodi,tin can it's no prison

You've been to places o.
Re: Omoyele Sowore Releases Footage Of His DSS Detention Cell, A Year After by LordOfTheGame: 4:16pm On Aug 04, 2020
FullBlastLight:

Boss, it was neva a question of pampering GEJ!

I didn't vote 4 him! Not at all!

To be candid, I, in fact, prayed & fasted 4 d discontinuity of his govt & d dissolution of PDP 4 their many yrs of mis-governance & endemic corruption coupled wit d disturbing security challenge & d long-standing national poverty!

However, when I saw dt it was Buhari dt APC flagged, I critically analysed his past & discerned dt he wld be a national cataclysm shld he win d election by any means!

It was at dt point I began rooting 4 GEJ in order 2 oppose PMB; and d reason 4 dt was very apparent i.e. of two evils, u choose d less!

Meanwhile, I'm neither a party member nor a party supporter! I'm rather a proponent & supporter of Good Governance!

Objective political analyses & syntheses shld be painstakingly embarked upon particularly by d educated pple when making political choices 4 leadership in any civilised society!

Bro, dt's d juncture at wich many Nigerians(wit Sowore unexcluded)dangerously flopped & regrettably goofed by instituting PMB 2 d peril of d entire Nation!

Yap, dt exactly was his sin against d Nation dt he has 2 inescapably get punished 4 in a hurry!

Nevertheless, as a proponent of Good Governance, I'm delighted 2 be one of d staunchest stalwarts of his #RevolutionCrusade! It's both a good & noble course!

I've reckoned & figured out dt Nigeria direly needs a Revolution if it must be rescued out of d clutches of dis myopic unrepentant junky looters at all levels of govt!

#RevolutionNow!
#TakeItBack!
#TheFutureIsOurs!

Now, this is an objective analysis from an intelligent fellow. In my opinion, I will rate you unbiased, bro. Many of us rooted for GEJ not because his gov't was the best at that moment but because we saw and considered him the lesser of two evils. Now, buhari in his incompetent nature have shown what cluelessnes really means and have unknowingly made GEJ's gov't the best. As it stands in that country, only a revolution could've savaged whatever that's left of that shithole and this where NNAMDI KANU and SOWORE comes fit. The duo has media power and commands a great cult of followerships but sadly, the victimised and chained youths of Nigeria have not seen any reason for them to freed.

But sadly, our minds are made up and it's Biafra that we want. Nnamdi Kanu and IPOB all the way.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fayose Pictured At Abuja Airport On His Way To Lagos For EFCC Trial. / Nnamdi Kanu And His Biafra-Themed Attire In Court Today (Photo) / Pyrates Confraternity Officially Responds To The Trending Emilokan Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.