Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,270 members, 7,818,929 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:23 AM

Lance Corporal Martins Feared Dead As Buratai Attempts Coverup - SaharaReporters - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lance Corporal Martins Feared Dead As Buratai Attempts Coverup - SaharaReporters (68593 Views)

Court Orders Army To Allow Lance Corporal Martins See Wife, Lawyer, Relatives / Victoria, Wife Of Lance Corporal Martins Arrested For Granting Media Interview / Lance Corporal Martins Arrested After Calling Out Buratai, Service Chiefs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lance Corporal Martins Feared Dead As Buratai Attempts Coverup - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 10:35am On Aug 04, 2020
[quote author=Heathrow44 post=92436072]

I gave detailed reason why the military has still kept the man in detention because its a military affair and should be done militarily..

True it is a military affair but that doesn't erase the right of the man to an attorney. Neither does it erase the right of the man to a fair trial. It doesn't also mean that the man must be kept incommunicado, a situation where his wife and lawyer don't know if he's dead or alive.

But what if the soldier tenders his resignation to the army and thereby decides to be tried as a civilian in a court of law and not the Marshal court what charges are going to be brought against him ?

Even if he tries to resign now, he will still be tried under the Martial law because the "offense" was committed while he was still a soldier.

Note that I said "... tries to resign" because no one will accept his resignation letter now. They would rather dismiss him than allow him to resign.

Possibly Treason, Attempts to cause breakdown in law and order, Giving out unauthorized intelligence report to enemies, Acting as a spy and flouting the espionage act, and many many other crimes, now what he did does it really amount to being a treasonable offence? Lawyers in the house, should do justice to this?

He cannot be tried for treasonable felony because he hasn't committed any treasonable felony.

As a matter of fact, the military heads as well as the president and commander in chief, Buhari are the ones committing treasonable felony for giving support to terrorists and releasing them after they were caught.

In a sane country, Buhari would have been removed from government by the legislature and arrested as well as tried for treasonable felony.

But this is Nigeria we are talking about.

The only thing they can try the man for is insubordination as well as mutiny.
Re: Lance Corporal Martins Feared Dead As Buratai Attempts Coverup - SaharaReporters by yaki84: 10:51am On Aug 04, 2020
Nbotee:

Abeggi make we hear word!!! Violence from who? All of U saying it beta not b and hoping it's a rumour, what will U or anyone do? Let's jus stop making noise for d sake of talking jare...
I taya o, like say na today e wan start.
Even me I will not come out, even if the protest will be under the guise of praise and worship.
I dey look for money to take comot for this country.
Re: Lance Corporal Martins Feared Dead As Buratai Attempts Coverup - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 10:53am On Aug 04, 2020
Righteousness89:
That will be real Bad for the NA and Burutai..

Hopefully it's just a Rumor !

What bad? Has worse not been happening since in naija? What did Nigerians do about them? If truly he is dead what will Nigerians do? Is it not to shout on internet from their cagd minds and then return back to making money by hook or crook as usual?
Re: Lance Corporal Martins Feared Dead As Buratai Attempts Coverup - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 10:57am On Aug 04, 2020
I hope this is not true for the man and his family's sake. Nigeria is not worth dying for presently o. Nigerians are not going to do pim... You die for naija you die for free. No time for time.
These days naija peeps no care about nobody they just want to make money by any means possible. If. Dem sef see way, dem go chop pass Bubu and his officials combined
Re: Lance Corporal Martins Feared Dead As Buratai Attempts Coverup - SaharaReporters by ITbomb(m): 10:59am On Aug 04, 2020
kelfree99:
Let it better be a rumor or there would be violence
Violence on your keyboard?
Sure say NEPA go allow you?
Re: Lance Corporal Martins Feared Dead As Buratai Attempts Coverup - SaharaReporters by qtx(m): 11:02am On Aug 04, 2020
If this guy is killed, and all of us watch doing nothing, that is how they will continue to kill us. This cant happen in SA, Sudan, even in Ghana at our backyard here. But we Nigerians love life and enjoyment and dont want to die yet in the midst of suffering, corruption, wanton destruction of human lives with no remorse.

When you say lets rise ups, some will say where is the killed soldier from? When you mention middlebelt those form the south will say what conerns me, those from north will say he is not from the north.

Our leaders know all these the reason they bring anthics that will ensure we dont speak with one voice. Because they know the day Nigerians will start speaking with one voice then their(our leaders) wings would have been clipped. They will become afraid of trying anything funny with us.

Too sad if indeed this is true.
Re: Lance Corporal Martins Feared Dead As Buratai Attempts Coverup - SaharaReporters by NENGIsmells: 11:12am On Aug 04, 2020
if i was to join the army, i willl have been a major, i swear i for too brutal. if any senior officer mess with me na to assasinate am straight , i dont even need to come rant on media
Re: Lance Corporal Martins Feared Dead As Buratai Attempts Coverup - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 11:19am On Aug 04, 2020
[quote author=FrLukas post=92442600][/quote]

Ok seems u are a lawyer? I want to ask does the national assembly the Senate and the HOR has the jurisdiction to issue a subpoena to the Army to appear before the house judiciary on Military affairs? To explain the rationale behind Lance corporal martins continuous detention?
Re: Lance Corporal Martins Feared Dead As Buratai Attempts Coverup - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 11:36am On Aug 04, 2020
Heathrow44:

Ok seems u are a lawyer? I want to ask does the national assembly the Senate and the HOR has the jurisdiction to issue a subpoena to the Army to appear before the house judiciary on Military affairs? To explain the rationale behind Lance corporal martins continuous detention?

I'm not a lawyer though.

The National Assembly has the right to summon any of the heads of the military as enshrined in the Constitution.

The military is responsible to the Federal Government and the Federal Government consists of the Executive, Legislative and Judicial arms of government.

The military is not above the law.

1 Like

Re: Lance Corporal Martins Feared Dead As Buratai Attempts Coverup - SaharaReporters by CHIDOHSKI: 11:59am On Aug 04, 2020
Salute the guy courage but he can't save Nigeria. The country has damaged beyond repair. The Man in Ask rock is presiding over liquidation of Nigeria.
Re: Lance Corporal Martins Feared Dead As Buratai Attempts Coverup - SaharaReporters by NJOBOBO: 12:30pm On Aug 04, 2020
It is only a fool that will say there is Rule of Law in Nigeria, our youths are all a waste, from when this man was arrested, nobody cares bout even creating awareness of the situation, but if it is watching those pigfuckers in their Big Broda naija and doing online campaign, Dem go do, Nigeria is a joke, Now let me tell you all youths of this land, mark my words, if we keep on keeping quiet and ignoring all this our nation's politicians and their evil doings all in the name of dear of loosing your life, not too far from now, A full fledged war will break out in Nigeria, this Boko Haram will expand all around this country, and soon soon enough, they will come to our house and ask us to bring volunteers to fight in the war, our children and younger siblings will live like rats in holes while we are slaughtered in the warfront, they will come and meet u at home and tell you that the SOLDIERS IN THE WARFRONT HAVE FINISHED, THAT WE HAVE TO JOIN THEM, the children that didn't fight the Biafra war will say I'm saying rubbish but soon this will happen again in Nigeria, As for those my foolish brothers that think Biafra is the answer, I weep for you, what is coming to this country, you wouldn't even care if you Nigerian or Biafran, you will leave to survive,. #StandupNigerianYouths,. There is nothing the Nigerian Politicians will do to us that they haven't done
Re: Lance Corporal Martins Feared Dead As Buratai Attempts Coverup - SaharaReporters by Captain9ja(m): 12:55pm On Aug 04, 2020
. .

Re: Lance Corporal Martins Feared Dead As Buratai Attempts Coverup - SaharaReporters by roszilman: 12:56pm On Aug 04, 2020
Nbotee:

Abeggi make we hear word!!! Violence from who? All of U saying it beta not b and hoping it's a rumour, what will U or anyone do? Let's jus stop making noise for d sake of talking jare...
don't be a pussy my frd!! If u know nothing about ethnicity in nigeria, just keep quiet! I pray he's an easterner not de cowards then u will witness de next action.
Re: Lance Corporal Martins Feared Dead As Buratai Attempts Coverup - SaharaReporters by MrNipplesLover(m): 12:59pm On Aug 04, 2020
Cammo:
You're taking it personal. grin

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Lance Corporal Martins Feared Dead As Buratai Attempts Coverup - SaharaReporters by kingzizzy: 1:10pm On Aug 04, 2020
kelfree99:

Violence from whom?
Re: Lance Corporal Martins Feared Dead As Buratai Attempts Coverup - SaharaReporters by OLA4CHRIST1(m): 3:08pm On Aug 04, 2020
There is God ooo
Re: Lance Corporal Martins Feared Dead As Buratai Attempts Coverup - SaharaReporters by ospido: 3:56pm On Aug 04, 2020
realstars:
The Devil Called Buratai Is A Trap To The Citizens, Yet He Is Good In Killing His Men Before The War,

What about the man who appointed him to serve and has refused to sack him despite outcries?
Re: Lance Corporal Martins Feared Dead As Buratai Attempts Coverup - SaharaReporters by realstars: 4:09pm On Aug 04, 2020
ospido:

What about the man who appointed him to serve and has refused to sack him despite outcries?
That One Is Integritically Dead, That Is The Underteker, Only Counting The Dead He Rules Out.
Re: Lance Corporal Martins Feared Dead As Buratai Attempts Coverup - SaharaReporters by skukimania(f): 4:13pm On Aug 04, 2020
kelfree99:

For this Naija? Nothing go still happen.
Re: Lance Corporal Martins Feared Dead As Buratai Attempts Coverup - SaharaReporters by Kissiemu(m): 4:40pm On Aug 04, 2020
If tomorrow this man that Saharareporters said is "feared dead" is not dead?
What do we do the news bearer?
Re: Lance Corporal Martins Feared Dead As Buratai Attempts Coverup - SaharaReporters by adontcare(f): 6:59pm On Aug 04, 2020
veeshock:

War between who and who?

These are really terrible times for these foot soldiers. Instead of equipping the military with the latest weaponry, the retired senile general would rather spend the last kobo on a fake rehabilitation programme for his boys.
who wan die
Re: Lance Corporal Martins Feared Dead As Buratai Attempts Coverup - SaharaReporters by AngelSammyjay: 7:11pm On Aug 04, 2020
Those who would always vote the Hausa/fulani into power are to be blamed. A reasonable and sensible nigerian would never vote an illiterate northener into power because their hidden agender is clearly defined. If the corperal were a muslim, nothing would happen to him.
Re: Lance Corporal Martins Feared Dead As Buratai Attempts Coverup - SaharaReporters by KenModi(m): 5:53am On Aug 05, 2020
kelfree99:

Nigerians won’t do shiit! Is it not Nigerians that are known cowards topped with an “I-don’t-care-attitude” even when it comes to their own political development?!
Re: Lance Corporal Martins Feared Dead As Buratai Attempts Coverup - SaharaReporters by PatrickOkunima(m): 7:07am On Aug 05, 2020
DIEYI84:
There is no proof to this claim. The writer just said that he might have been killed not that he has been killed but even if he has been killed it's what he wanted to achieve knowing fully well what he did was wrong and can be seen as a mutiny offence. He could be tried by a military tribunal and found guilty of mutiny and even sentenced to death. So let's stop this sentimental bullshit we do in this country , always standing against constituted authority. The guy bleeped up and got what he deserved.
Don't day what you don't know. Mutiny can only be committed by two or more persons. In other words, only one man cannot commit mutiny. So, he cannot be charged with mutiny.
Re: Lance Corporal Martins Feared Dead As Buratai Attempts Coverup - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 12:49pm On Aug 05, 2020
adontcare:
who wan die
Lol...you talk you die, you no talk you die.
Re: Lance Corporal Martins Feared Dead As Buratai Attempts Coverup - SaharaReporters by adontcare(f): 2:23pm On Aug 05, 2020
veeshock:

Lol...you talk you die, you no talk you die.
lol
Re: Lance Corporal Martins Feared Dead As Buratai Attempts Coverup - SaharaReporters by mindtricks: 1:17pm On Aug 08, 2020
Hmm!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Coming To America: Atiku Shows Swag In US (pictured) / Wike Shuts Down Atiku Campaign Office In Rivers / I Must See President Buhari - IPOB Member Insists In Japan (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.