Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,824 members, 7,828,015 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:23 PM

Picture Of The Cobra Killed Last Night By My Neighbour & Brother - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Picture Of The Cobra Killed Last Night By My Neighbour & Brother (42918 Views)

The Big Python I Killed Last Night (Pictures) / Photo Of Big Python And Bushpig My Brother Killed Last Night / Long Cobra Killed At Our Backyard This Morning After Eating 6 Chicken Eggs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Picture Of The Cobra Killed Last Night By My Neighbour & Brother by omenka(m): 1:05pm On Aug 04, 2020
pocohantas:

It is a forest cobra.
Black mambas are kinda grey.
Green mambas are green.

But yes to every other thing. Been long I saw your moniker, Omenka. grin grin

Black mambas come in different shades, not necessarily grey. Some can be black.

Meanwhile, it is no surprise our paths rarely cross, we belong to different countries on nairaland continent- me politics while you do other. We come across eachother only when we both comment on a nonpolitical thread that makes the fp. smiley

Have no doubt you've been doing well.
Re: Picture Of The Cobra Killed Last Night By My Neighbour & Brother by Omoluabi16(m): 1:09pm On Aug 04, 2020
pocohantas:

Venomous and Poisonous are two different things;

Venomous= Lethal when injected.
Poisonous= Lethal when ingested.

Venomous snakes can be eaten. cheesy
What if I decide to eat a venomous snake raw like those mad chinko? The venom go still affect me now.
Re: Picture Of The Cobra Killed Last Night By My Neighbour & Brother by pocohantas(f): 1:22pm On Aug 04, 2020
omenka:
Black mambas come in different shades, not necessarily grey. Some can be black.

Meanwhile, it is no surprise our paths rarely cross, we belong to different countries on nairaland continent- me politics while you do other. We come across eachother only when we both comment on a nonpolitical thread that makes the fp. smiley

Have no doubt you've been doing well.

Very true, but never seen a green “black mamba“. Most I have seen are shades of grey and deep brown. I have a hard time placing their colours, but I have never seen a black one either. Where are they native to? The black black mamba, I mean.

Yea we do. Never knew you are still on NL.

Omoluabi16:
What if I decide to eat a venomous snake raw like those mad chinko? The venom go still affect me now.

Venoms are found only in the head of snakes to start with. The same injection rule would apply if you eat it raw or cooked. Whatever you’ll suffer from, would have all to do with you trying to be a carnivore. Not because you ate a venomous snake. cheesy
Re: Picture Of The Cobra Killed Last Night By My Neighbour & Brother by Enyimbamercedes: 1:22pm On Aug 04, 2020
You know you could still have been envenomated by that snake with the head on and you striking different poses.

Anyway, enjoy your meal...
Re: Picture Of The Cobra Killed Last Night By My Neighbour & Brother by sotall(m): 1:25pm On Aug 04, 2020
peeps4u:

But wild animals like snake that encroach human's territories should be spared or given free pass to harm people around?

Most places where reptiles stray into peoples homes, the people are to blame.

Most times, its humans that destroy the habitats of these animals all in the name of civilization.

Another thing is environmental care. You dont live in a house surrounded by tall grasses and bushes everywhere and expect reptiles such as snakes and lizards not to visit you
Re: Picture Of The Cobra Killed Last Night By My Neighbour & Brother by ReneeNuttall(f): 1:25pm On Aug 04, 2020
dukeprince50:
Whenever lala sees a snake thread.
Totori me one time toh
Totori me two times toh toh
Totori me 3times toh toh toh

cheesy cheesy cheesy

Re: Picture Of The Cobra Killed Last Night By My Neighbour & Brother by Abbeymoore10(m): 1:27pm On Aug 04, 2020
Nairaland and snake ehn
Re: Picture Of The Cobra Killed Last Night By My Neighbour & Brother by Omoluabi16(m): 1:34pm On Aug 04, 2020
pocohantas:

Whatever you’ll suffer from would have all to do with you trying to be a carnivore. Not because you ate a venomous snake cheesy
hahahaha very funny.

Just like some Alcoholics in India who couldn't get to booze bcause of a ban on Alcohol sale. They resorted to drinking shots of Alcohol based sanitizers. . 10 of them expired. grin
Re: Picture Of The Cobra Killed Last Night By My Neighbour & Brother by pocohantas(f): 1:36pm On Aug 04, 2020
Omoluabi16:
hahahaha very funny.

Just like some Alcoholics in India who couldn't get to booze bcause of a ban on Alcohol sale. They resorted to drinking shots of Alcohol based sanitizers. . 10 of them expired. grin

Normal humans did that?? shocked shocked shocked
Re: Picture Of The Cobra Killed Last Night By My Neighbour & Brother by Nobody: 1:43pm On Aug 04, 2020
Grandmeister:

A lion or croc mauls a person to death so your educated solution is to wipe out every lion and croc in the wild? True true education na scam for this country....instead of creating awareness of wildlife among the populace and creating reserves(like in Kenya,SA,etc) so that these animals kept away from human contact...there are a ton of ways to solve the issue and preserve both wildlife and humans..but no, una own na to kill destroy and eat..that’s the only solution you Nigerians know.
Na so we see am.
Re: Picture Of The Cobra Killed Last Night By My Neighbour & Brother by Omoluabi16(m): 1:47pm On Aug 04, 2020
pocohantas:

Normal humans did that?? shocked shocked shocked
Not directly though. They mixed it with soft drink but it was still lethal. True story.. normal humans. Had to reread to see they actually spiced it up.

1 Like

Re: Picture Of The Cobra Killed Last Night By My Neighbour & Brother by Abbeylanre15(m): 2:16pm On Aug 04, 2020
Congratulations to you!

The thing wey dey pain me be say, better phones like iPhone and Samsung no dey put dere names for pics.. Na common infinix n Techno go dey shout.. Rubbish.

Empty vessels makes the loudest noise for real.
Re: Picture Of The Cobra Killed Last Night By My Neighbour & Brother by Nobody: 2:48pm On Aug 04, 2020
Your lucky it's not a spitting cobra you would have been blind to doing this.
Re: Picture Of The Cobra Killed Last Night By My Neighbour & Brother by Nexusjr(m): 2:50pm On Aug 04, 2020
nonyofor2:
Disgusting!
sad
nonyofor2:
Disgusting!

I swear
Re: Picture Of The Cobra Killed Last Night By My Neighbour & Brother by EXOUSIAng: 3:07pm On Aug 04, 2020
Juanmike:
Black Mamba, very venomous
I was gonna tell me it was a Mamba but, I don't believe we have them in this part of the world....
I wouldn't eat a Mamba tho

1 Like

Re: Picture Of The Cobra Killed Last Night By My Neighbour & Brother by Lastmankc(m): 3:07pm On Aug 04, 2020
Grandmeister:

A lion or croc mauls a person to death so your educated solution is to wipe out every lion and croc in the wild? True true education na scam for this country....instead of creating awareness of wildlife among the populace and creating reserves(like in Kenya,SA,etc) so that these animals kept away from human contact...there are a ton of ways to solve the issue and preserve both wildlife and humans..but no, una own na to kill destroy and eat..that’s the only solution you Nigerians know.
Mr man, don't worry ;when snake visit you in your house or you come in contact with any one. Romance it.
Re: Picture Of The Cobra Killed Last Night By My Neighbour & Brother by Darmmie3001(f): 3:08pm On Aug 04, 2020
Some Nigerians can eat there placenta...
Re: Picture Of The Cobra Killed Last Night By My Neighbour & Brother by onyekachee(f): 3:15pm On Aug 04, 2020
lala how far?
Re: Picture Of The Cobra Killed Last Night By My Neighbour & Brother by Skepticus: 3:37pm On Aug 04, 2020
Juanmike:
Black Mamba, very venomous

Make una stop this black mamba nonsense na l! Haba!!

This a west African forest cobra. It's white-necked and doesn't spit. The red necked type spits.

By the way, Black mambas are not found in western africa. They are found mostly in southern africa and have a notorious reputation. They are called "black mamba" because of the inside of their mouth which is black. Their skin skin colour is mostly silvery grey.

EXOUSIAng

Re: Picture Of The Cobra Killed Last Night By My Neighbour & Brother by Skepticus: 3:41pm On Aug 04, 2020
EXOUSIAng:
What breed of snake is this please

Disregard the black mamba error.

That's a West African Forest Cobra. White necked.

The red necked type is known to spit.

I put the picture of a black mamba in the photos above.

1 Like

Re: Picture Of The Cobra Killed Last Night By My Neighbour & Brother by Skepticus: 3:46pm On Aug 04, 2020
Judolisco:
that's a king cobra very venomous

King Cobras are not in Africa. They are only found in South East Asia, especially India. That's the West African Forest Cobra.
Re: Picture Of The Cobra Killed Last Night By My Neighbour & Brother by manunitedbabes: 4:14pm On Aug 04, 2020
Re: Picture Of The Cobra Killed Last Night By My Neighbour & Brother by chubbyswit(m): 5:04pm On Aug 04, 2020
I see people that eat snakes and some other wierd animals as primitives with very low mentality
Re: Picture Of The Cobra Killed Last Night By My Neighbour & Brother by goldensoul55: 5:27pm On Aug 04, 2020
The skin is useful , the fat is medicinal, but u eat everything , jeez ,even tht thick skin like leather u choo am as kpomo

Poverty is not a disease it is a curse
Re: Picture Of The Cobra Killed Last Night By My Neighbour & Brother by neutral2000: 6:33pm On Aug 04, 2020
That's the replica of Dangerous
Re: Picture Of The Cobra Killed Last Night By My Neighbour & Brother by Dminister(m): 6:42pm On Aug 04, 2020
[quote author=pocohantas post=92446634]

Venomous and Poisonous are two different things;

Venomous= Lethal when injected.
Poisonous= Lethal when ingested.

Venomous snakes can be eaten. :

Oh yeah and thanks for highlighting but I said what it is. The snake is venomous and when he eats the snake that becomes poisonous. Anyway thanks for anticipating.
Re: Picture Of The Cobra Killed Last Night By My Neighbour & Brother by dukeprince50: 7:17pm On Aug 04, 2020
omenka:
Black mamba kwa. That's a king cobra, not a mamba.

Guess you think it's black mamba because its black. Folks don't even realise some black mamba are green. The reason behind the *black* in their name is due to the coloration of the insides of their mouth- it's black in colour.
no black mamba is green, we have a snake called green mamba
Re: Picture Of The Cobra Killed Last Night By My Neighbour & Brother by dukeprince50: 7:20pm On Aug 04, 2020
rangerover:
Your lucky it's not a spitting cobra you would have been blind to doing this.
spitting cobra doesn't blind u instantly, u can wash off the spit and see ur doctor.
Re: Picture Of The Cobra Killed Last Night By My Neighbour & Brother by Eberechiru: 7:34pm On Aug 04, 2020
I just knew from the way he was holding the snake they were going to eat it....
Re: Picture Of The Cobra Killed Last Night By My Neighbour & Brother by armadeo(m): 8:19pm On Aug 04, 2020
The way this guy dey smile e don tay e chop meat.
Re: Picture Of The Cobra Killed Last Night By My Neighbour & Brother by bizzibodi(m): 9:08pm On Aug 04, 2020
Holding a dead snake with d head attached can sent that Youngman to d grave,eating a damned cobra...tell me why a bite from that lad during a fight will not be fatal.
Re: Picture Of The Cobra Killed Last Night By My Neighbour & Brother by Nobody: 11:03pm On Aug 04, 2020
grin
cheesy
tongue
Earthworm or browler
EXOUSIAng:
What breed of snake is this please

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Long Can This Last If It Were To Be In Nigeria? / 5 Things We Discovered In Latest Laboratory Test On Plastic Rice - NAFDAC / Free School Meal By Countries Including Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.