Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,851 members, 7,813,901 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:04 PM

Nigeria Can Easily Break Up If Buhari Is Made President! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Can Easily Break Up If Buhari Is Made President! (1084 Views)

7 Women Who Made President Buhari's Ministerial List: PROFILES + PHOTOS / I Have Fulfilled Promises I Made - President / What Made President Jonathan Look So Sad? (pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Can Easily Break Up If Buhari Is Made President! by KBrown: 12:27pm On Feb 11, 2011
Sincerely speaking, I feel pity for those Nigerians who tirelessly argue in support of Gen Buhari's candidacy. They seem to overlook the glaring lack of one basic attribute of a good leader in their principal, GEN BUHARI , and this is TOLERANCE.
With due regards, Gen Buhari in a military setting where dissent is taboo would be a delight BUT certainly not in a democracy. In a complex country like Nigeria where there has always been divergence of opinions on even the most basic issues, only cool, calm and tolerant individuals can preside successfully.
Imagine Gen Buhari in a confrontation with the Senate or House of Reps on a bill that he (as president) is passionate about: The man will be so stubborn, uncompromising and unyeilding to such an extent that he would have been impeached by the National Assembly before he would know what hit him. And when that happens in a polarised country like ours with many ethnicists, religious bigots and fanatical followers, allegations of tribalism and many more will re-surface and break-up is not far away.
Gen Buhari can only survive as president where there are guaranteed rubber-stamp National Assembly, Judiciary, Civil Societies, Labour and Student unions. Surely, no one can give him such guarantees.
Re: Nigeria Can Easily Break Up If Buhari Is Made President! by Nobody: 12:45pm On Feb 11, 2011
then i may vote him if he will fasten the spliting process.Nigeria is just a sample specie that has failed. imagine what is happening in the nation presently.
if you decamp from pdp,Efcc comes after you,when you are not a member of a party ,your life means nothing to the leader, when the police arrest you for no just cause,they decide how much to take to let you go free thats if you are not tagged a criminal and shot.
Re: Nigeria Can Easily Break Up If Buhari Is Made President! by tubolancer(m): 1:18pm On Feb 11, 2011
It is not only Buhari that will hasten the break up of Nigeria,Jonathan has started it,shebi we are rascals so if my father and mother are ACN and i am a PDP member it automatically shows that i origate from the root of rascal so i am a rascal,rascal by birth,rascal by politics,rascal because i am Nigeria and because i am from southwest and a yoruba man,this is sheer hatred,this man hate south west people like the bible say "out of the abundance of the heart,the mouth speaketh".
Re: Nigeria Can Easily Break Up If Buhari Is Made President! by mrperfect(m): 1:29pm On Feb 11, 2011
With good VP such tendency might be curbed.
Re: Nigeria Can Easily Break Up If Buhari Is Made President! by xamphara: 2:00pm On Feb 11, 2011
, We need that stubborn kinda president to make things work. Yeye guy, you dont like Buhari, I love him to death, ever seen a Nigerian Leader that the masses are so passionately in love with like BUH?
Re: Nigeria Can Easily Break Up If Buhari Is Made President! by Nobody: 2:08pm On Feb 11, 2011
xamphara:

, We need that stubborn kinda president to make things work. Yeye guy, you dont like Buhari, I love him to death, ever seen a Nigerian Leader that the masses are so passionately in love with like BUH?
which masses,heheheheheheheheheheh i laugh in boko haram
Re: Nigeria Can Easily Break Up If Buhari Is Made President! by KBrown: 2:43pm On Feb 11, 2011
@Tubolancer
It is not only Buhari that will hasten the break up of Nigeria,Jonathan has started it,shebi we are rascals so if my father and mother are ACN and i am a PDP member it automatically shows that i origate from the root of rascal so i am a rascal,rascal by birth,rascal by politics,rascal because i am Nigeria and because i am from southwest and a yoruba man,this is sheer hatred,this man hate south west people like the bible say "out of the abundance of the heart,the mouth speaketh".

It's surprising how people like you get agitated for nothing. I am also from the south west and I don't feel offended in any way by that rascal comments. Afterall, the targets are well known as the "holier than thou" politicians of ACN who believes in imposition of candidates and utter brigandage. Of course, there are exceptions like Fashola
Meanwhile, to cool your tempers, the Encarta Dictionary describes a rascal as somebody who behaves mischievously: somebody who behaves in a mischievous teasing way, especially a child.
Believe me! Only very few politicians across the divide (i.e in all parties) are not rascals.
Re: Nigeria Can Easily Break Up If Buhari Is Made President! by KBrown: 2:57pm On Feb 11, 2011
@Xamphara
We need that stubborn kinda president to make things work. Yeye guy, you dont like Buhari, I love him to death, ever seen a Nigerian Leader that the masses are so passionately in love with like BUH?

Yeah! Come on! Show yourself, Military apologists!
As a sharp contrast to Buhari who clearly has become "a dry fish" that can not be bent, our GEJ is forever like "a fresh fish" whom we have been able to twist and bend to satisfy our reasonable demands. In GEJ is the treasure of humility. This makes him honest and takes him far from self deception and falsehood.
If you chose to dance with the Tiger, don't blame anybody when you end in its belly. Beware! Dictatorship is evil!
Re: Nigeria Can Easily Break Up If Buhari Is Made President! by labiz001: 4:34pm On Feb 11, 2011
You dont climb on other people to make your own people tall. We have seen buhari, his time was not bad, even at PTF, he has a good record. Some people came out that he did more roads in is zone (North West)than any other. But I believe his zone is still part of Nigeria. I am voting for Ribadu even if he does not win. I just believe in a change from all this old men who av thrown us into confusion. Youth are taking over politics everywhere even in the UK at the level of party chairman, youths are there. So i dont have to come out and say GEJ that BUHARI this because I believe in RIBADU
Re: Nigeria Can Easily Break Up If Buhari Is Made President! by Nobody: 4:38pm On Feb 11, 2011
ok
Re: Nigeria Can Easily Break Up If Buhari Is Made President! by solidifi: 4:55pm On Feb 11, 2011
U are talking of GEJ hat'g d s/west, ve u 4gotten so soon d kind of cruel & open hatred OBJ had on d s/east? Which former Ngn president or head of state ever loved or favoured d s/east or s/south? Baba God is nt keep'g quite.
Re: Nigeria Can Easily Break Up If Buhari Is Made President! by abubaka(m): 9:40pm On Feb 11, 2011
@Kbrown, u re soundin like an idiot who doesn't even kno wat is gud for this country. Among all the stupid and wicked rulers we had in nigeria,tell me one person that can conpare himself wit buhari interms of integrity. Take it or leave one of the values we shld all embrace is integrity. Tel one person among all the PDP pple that is nt corrupt. Let the country break nd c who wld suffer.
Re: Nigeria Can Easily Break Up If Buhari Is Made President! by xamphara: 10:37am On Feb 14, 2011
@KBrown, you have a long walk. Military apolo wjhat ? what difference does it make? See all the senseless things GEJ went to spew in Ibadan, Rascal this , rascal that, am sure he was just echoing the words of OBJ, Words that must have come from resonance of the nocturnal meetings he has been having. This guy is so so dumb
Ok, see how ungentlemanly and unpresidentially he was adjusting his trouser in PH Stadium like an unschooled creek boy, breathing helplessly like a political ogbuefi
Re: Nigeria Can Easily Break Up If Buhari Is Made President! by auwal87(m): 11:52am On Feb 14, 2011
And who doesn't want to break up? You
Re: Nigeria Can Easily Break Up If Buhari Is Made President! by Nobody: 3:12pm On Feb 14, 2011
xamphara:

@KBrown, you have a long walk. Military apolo wjhat ? what difference does it make? See all the senseless things GEJ went to spew in Ibadan, Rascal this , rascal that, am sure he was just echoing the words of OBJ, Words that must have come from resonance of the nocturnal meetings he has been having. This guy is so so dumb
Ok, see how ungentlemanly and unpresidentially he was adjusting his trouser in PH Stadium like an unschooled creek boy, breathing helplessly like a political ogbuefi
grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigeria Can Easily Break Up If Buhari Is Made President! by ddcmachine: 3:29pm On Feb 14, 2011
@kbrown, i see ur arguement going to the fact that buhari is a totalitarian, even with a good vp, what he wants stands
Re: Nigeria Can Easily Break Up If Buhari Is Made President! by ddcmachine: 3:30pm On Feb 14, 2011
@kbrown, i see ur arguement going to the fact that buhari is a totalitarian, even with a good vp, what he wants stands
Re: Nigeria Can Easily Break Up If Buhari Is Made President! by Nobody: 3:31pm On Feb 14, 2011
^^^ dictatorship of any form is not wanted
Re: Nigeria Can Easily Break Up If Buhari Is Made President! by homerac7: 4:00pm On Feb 14, 2011
@ OP,

Unfortunately d whole of id story Ws based of ur figment of imagination and thus lacks any credibility. If u mean to malign a character next time, b reasonable enough to provide evidences or at least weave ur theory around credible facts.

I don't hav issue wt u or anyone over ur choice(s), but don't just concoct some hogwash and serve it in a public domain.

Peace.
Re: Nigeria Can Easily Break Up If Buhari Is Made President! by mogentle(m): 4:07pm On Feb 14, 2011
@KBrown, pls what is your point.
Tell us who you prefer as president of this your great country.
Your analysis is making me to prefer Buhari the more. I will prefer him to a president that will be pushed arround without foccus, I will prefer him to a mediocre.

Meanwhile, he is not the first millitary man to be president and your analysis are just predictive, no facts.
Re: Nigeria Can Easily Break Up If Buhari Is Made President! by ozalogbo: 5:17pm On Feb 14, 2011
The poster is on a propaganda mission. But he fails to understand that many visitors to this forum have passed their impressionable years!

(1) (Reply)

Anger, Shock Greet Lavish Reception For Bode George\ First Lady Visits Residence / Presidential Race: Ribadu Better Than Buhari—-adamu Song / The Weeping General

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.