Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,053 members, 7,810,932 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:39 PM

Willian Turns Down New Deal With Chelsea And Set To Move To Arsenal - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Willian Turns Down New Deal With Chelsea And Set To Move To Arsenal (38752 Views)

Mbappe Turns Down Al Hilal Approach / Kylian Mbappe Turns Down Real Madrid, To Remain At Paris Saint-Germain / Messi Breaks Goalless Record Against Chelsea To Equalise After Willian’s Opener (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Willian Turns Down New Deal With Chelsea And Set To Move To Arsenal by ojaysam25(m): 7:05am On Aug 04, 2020
Arsenal, a place for chelsea dumpee grin.
From peter cech to luiz and now willian
Re: Willian Turns Down New Deal With Chelsea And Set To Move To Arsenal by Peppysco: 7:12am On Aug 04, 2020
Heathrow44:
Chelsea under lampard is becoming like a deja vu,the more u look the less u see!! U can't really tell if they are progressing or not! It would be a terrible mistake if Chelsea lose such pure talent to people that took FA cup from them, they should be ashamed of themselves!

Every business has got it's policies. If the club says, you only get a year contract extension once you're 30yrs, then that should be it. There's no point changing your policy over a playe's demand. I'd the club should grant him his 3 years desire, that likely would give other players the needed leverage for negotiations against the club.
As much I want him to stay, I won't want the club to bend it's rules in order to keep him

2 Likes

Re: Willian Turns Down New Deal With Chelsea And Set To Move To Arsenal by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 7:24am On Aug 04, 2020
Rahmanjargo:
Arsenal shouldn't pay more than 15 million euros for this old man fr
he’s coming on a free though it’s his age and the hefty wage bill he’ll command that is my problem, it doesn’t really make sense since he’s at the tail end of his career and Arsenal are supposedly building a young squad for the future. Maybe he’ll act as back-up for Bukayo Saka ??
Re: Willian Turns Down New Deal With Chelsea And Set To Move To Arsenal by Coldfeets: 7:27am On Aug 04, 2020
maisauki:

Is Chelsea's giroud not from arsenal

Will you compare an active Giroud with an almost tired David Luiz?

And now you want to add another almost tired Willian to the mix?

Diarisgod o!

1 Like

Re: Willian Turns Down New Deal With Chelsea And Set To Move To Arsenal by Blakpot: 7:28am On Aug 04, 2020
mansakhalifa:
Does Willian really know what he's doing

Just asking.

More money! Last big paycheck
Re: Willian Turns Down New Deal With Chelsea And Set To Move To Arsenal by Kissiemu(m): 7:28am On Aug 04, 2020
Willian has always played football the Arsenal style--cool ,lots of passing n smooth dribbling.
I am not a Chelsea fan but whenever I watch him play n the ball gets to him he has this style of slowing the tempo to a dip tap arsenal play pattern.

Good luck Willian...

4 Likes

Re: Willian Turns Down New Deal With Chelsea And Set To Move To Arsenal by JunctionBox: 7:29am On Aug 04, 2020
flexyrule:
Good for him.
He is a fantastic player though.. Even though his performance keeps dwindling.. I still remember the days of the trio - William, Oscar and Hazard.. I enjoyed watching these three play together.

Meanwhile, everyone thought Chelsea would collapse after the exit of Hazard to Real Madrid.. But we got Captain America who has been doing us wonders.
Soilder go, Soilder come... Barracks still remain.

Where is Oscar? It's been ages I heard of him.
Re: Willian Turns Down New Deal With Chelsea And Set To Move To Arsenal by Seunfretty: 7:31am On Aug 04, 2020
In my opinion I tink Willian has decided not to leave cos he has a family in london and would just prefer to stay ...Chelsea shoulding give him a 3year contract....No...although Willian still has some years of game left in him but if he won't be accepting a 2year deal ..going to arsenal won't be bad..William is a good on his day but those days come maib 7 to 8times in a season..his been very loyal all the years even wen barca came calling he sticked to his loyalty with Chelsea ...but presently his chances are slimmer cos even a blind man knows pulisic will surely sit him on the bench next season...and talking about squad depth Chelsea has Odoi a younger and hungry player too ...arsenal will get a good player though..am sure Luiz must ave been a reason for him moving cos they are kinda close....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Willian Turns Down New Deal With Chelsea And Set To Move To Arsenal by Blakpot: 7:31am On Aug 04, 2020
haiti007:

How I wish Barcelona can do same to Messi. Offload him to inter Milan and build the team afresh

Lol see this Real Madrid fan

2 Likes

Re: Willian Turns Down New Deal With Chelsea And Set To Move To Arsenal by Decimus: 7:35am On Aug 04, 2020
maisauki:

Is Chelsea's giroud not from arsenal
Do you want to compare the exploits of Giroud and Ashley Cole to that of

Yossi Benayoun
William Galas
Petr Cech
David Luiz
Re: Willian Turns Down New Deal With Chelsea And Set To Move To Arsenal by Lekan239(m): 7:37am On Aug 04, 2020
Okorosam:
This would a loss for Chelsea and a a very good signing for Arsenal.
so we heard during magic sales
Re: Willian Turns Down New Deal With Chelsea And Set To Move To Arsenal by hotwax: 7:37am On Aug 04, 2020
Heathrow44:
Chelsea under lampard is becoming like a deja vu,the more u look the less u see!! U can't really tell if they are progressing or not! It would be a terrible mistake if Chelsea lose such pure talent to people that took FA cup from them, they should be ashamed of themselves!

Relax. William and Pedro are headless chicken. You saw what Pedro played against arsenal, running as if he is riding bicycle.

William and Pedro failed to cover up for hazard space. Chelsea got pulisic who is far more better given his age.

Hakim ziyech the magician. Mount another headless chicken but still young and learning.

Don't forget Yahoo boy Hudson odoi, who will also develop.

Kai havertz may also come...

William has fraustrated Chelsea fans enough. He doesnt contribute to attack. Poor decision making in the final third and is above 30.

If Chelsea can get 20m off him, it's a gud deal.

Ofcourse arsenal fans will be jubilating just the way they did when they got David luiz

4 Likes

Re: Willian Turns Down New Deal With Chelsea And Set To Move To Arsenal by Lekan239(m): 7:39am On Aug 04, 2020
Who else thinks Willian should be a full black not an attacker
Re: Willian Turns Down New Deal With Chelsea And Set To Move To Arsenal by hotwax: 7:39am On Aug 04, 2020
Decimus:

Do you want to compare the exploits of Giroud and Ashley Cole to that of

Yossi Benayoun
William Galas
Petr Cech
David Luiz

Giroud is even the one saving Chelsea arrrsss right now. If not for him, na Europa Chelsea go play
Re: Willian Turns Down New Deal With Chelsea And Set To Move To Arsenal by Decimus: 7:40am On Aug 04, 2020
MASTAkiLLAh:
he’s coming on a free though it’s his age and the hefty wage bill he’ll command that is my problem, it doesn’t really make sense since he’s at the tail end of his career and Arsenal are supposedly building a young squad for the future. Maybe he’ll act as back-up for Bukayo Saka ??
Lol, willian as back up to saka?
don't flatter Arsenal, he will walk into that first 11, If Auba stays, Auba will play upfront instead of wing.

Re: Willian Turns Down New Deal With Chelsea And Set To Move To Arsenal by hotwax: 7:40am On Aug 04, 2020
Lekan239:
Willian should be a full back not an attacker

Or a 4
Re: Willian Turns Down New Deal With Chelsea And Set To Move To Arsenal by Nobody: 7:42am On Aug 04, 2020
hotwax:

Relax. William and Pedro are headless chicken. You saw what Pedro played against arsenal, running as if he is riding bicycle.

William and Pedro failed to cover up for hazard space. Chelsea got pulisic who is far more better given his age.

Hakim ziyech the magician. Mount another headless chicken but still young and learning.

William has fraustrated Chelsea fans enough. He doesnt contribute to attack. Poor decision making in the final third and is above 30.

Ofcourse arsenal fans will be jubilating just the way they did when they got David luiz

grin, David luiz! Chelsea's should look for quality defenders in Italian and Spanish leagues, we need a strong attacker to replace hazard and a midfielder like de bryune
Re: Willian Turns Down New Deal With Chelsea And Set To Move To Arsenal by Angelfrost(m): 7:43am On Aug 04, 2020
aaaaabbbbbccccc:
He has a family in london. Don’t want to relocate

Okay... I'm sure he will do quite well in Arteta's set up. At least he won't go the way of Ozil.

3 Likes

Re: Willian Turns Down New Deal With Chelsea And Set To Move To Arsenal by Nobody: 7:43am On Aug 04, 2020
Peppysco:

Every business has got it's policies. If the club says, you only get a year contract extension once you're 30yrs, then that should be it. There's no point changing your policy over a playe's demand. I'd the club should grant him his 3 years desire, that likely would give other players the needed leverage for negotiations against the club.
As much I want him to stay, I won't want the club to bend it's rules in order to keep him

Ok , that's ur opinion I'm sure they would bend the rules if they had messi or CR7

1 Like

Re: Willian Turns Down New Deal With Chelsea And Set To Move To Arsenal by SirMichael1: 7:46am On Aug 04, 2020
whytediamond:
Willian at Arsenal on a 3yrs contract isn't bad. Arsenal needs experience to rebuild its squad for the new season. If only we could shore up our defense with two very expensive signings with years of experience.

Gradually, Arsenal will be force to reckon with in Europe. Na small small dem dey take lick hot soup.

#COYG!!!
I'm laughing so hard that my anger feels my laughter should have given it the chance to handle my emotional response. grin grin

Bro, respect yourself abeg. grin No go chop statement wey go hook you for neck. cheesy cheesy
Re: Willian Turns Down New Deal With Chelsea And Set To Move To Arsenal by Decimus: 7:46am On Aug 04, 2020
hotwax:

Please i don't think Mount is an headless chicken. The problem is the coach, he feels Mount must always play, no matter the formation. Mount is naturally a M/AM, but he's mostly lost when he plays on the wing. Mount reminds me a little bit about Oscar. Lampard should stop playing him on the wing and a deeper midfield role.
Re: Willian Turns Down New Deal With Chelsea And Set To Move To Arsenal by hotwax: 7:47am On Aug 04, 2020
Heathrow44:

grin, David luiz! Chelsea's should look for quality defenders in Italian and Spanish leagues, we need a strong attacker to replace hazard and a midfielder like de bryune

There are, but you know Chelsea are not that serious. They quickly sign players you don't expect, but delay signing of players the world expect, they keep surprising/disappointing us.

I am not saying Hakim ziyech is not good for Chelsea, I thought defence should be our priority.

They are still foot dragging on signing defenders. And we have the money and players to sell.
Re: Willian Turns Down New Deal With Chelsea And Set To Move To Arsenal by kponkedenge(m): 7:47am On Aug 04, 2020
Coldfeets:
Arsenal gradually turning themselves into a full dumping site for Chelsea.

What a sad story.
Dumping ground indeed. Chelsea still wants him, but he doesn't want to stay....and he still wanted to remain in London rather than going to Spain, that's why he opted to go to Arsenal.

2 Likes

Re: Willian Turns Down New Deal With Chelsea And Set To Move To Arsenal by Cantonese: 7:47am On Aug 04, 2020
Coldfeets:
Arsenal gradually turning themselves into a full dumping site for Chelsea.

What a sad story.

All these Chelsea fans... ntoi. E pain una die.

To carry cup with 8th is better than to carry 4th without evidence of the hussling.

Giroud from Arsenal to Chelsea nko?
Ashley Cole nko from Arsenal to Chelsea?
Among others.

Una sorry. Try again next season.

3 Likes

Re: Willian Turns Down New Deal With Chelsea And Set To Move To Arsenal by Mandela27: 7:49am On Aug 04, 2020
hotwax:

Don't tell me You prefer zouma to Luiz even uptill now!

1 Like

Re: Willian Turns Down New Deal With Chelsea And Set To Move To Arsenal by hotwax: 7:49am On Aug 04, 2020
Heathrow44:

Ok , that's ur opinion I'm sure they would bend the rules if they has messi or CR7

Even eto came and sign 1 ..1 year. When one year ended, he renewed again.

Chelsea cant sign Ronaldo because of this company policy. Ronaldo no go gree..and Chelsea no go gree

1 Like

Re: Willian Turns Down New Deal With Chelsea And Set To Move To Arsenal by hotwax: 7:51am On Aug 04, 2020
Mandela27:
Don't tell me You prefer zouma to Luiz even uptill now!

Is it the luiz arsenal fans curse game in game out?

Zouma is Chelsea best defender right now.

You should be comparing luiz with rudiger and Christensen. These 2 are not Chelsea quality
Re: Willian Turns Down New Deal With Chelsea And Set To Move To Arsenal by Decimus: 7:51am On Aug 04, 2020
Heathrow44:

Ok , that's ur opinion I'm sure they would bend the rules if they has messi or CR7
Chelsea have lost quite some good players cos of that rule. Ballack was still decent when they let him go. They've relaxed it a bit, Luiz was given 2 years extension before being sold to Arsenal.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Isaac Success Celebrates Goal By Dancing ZANKU / Muhammad Ali’s Sex Tapes To Be Sold By His Ex Girlfriend & Babymama / Joe Hart Visits Carl Ikeme Who Is Sick (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.