Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,210 members, 7,818,709 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:28 PM

Edo 2020: Yekini Idiaye, 16 Other Lawmakers Back Ize-Iyamu - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo 2020: Yekini Idiaye, 16 Other Lawmakers Back Ize-Iyamu (23561 Views)

Edo Assembly impeach Deputy Speaker Idiaye, Elect Asoro As Replacement / Shaibu Accuses Yekini Idiaye Of Collecting N40m From APC / PDP Convention: Lawmakers Back Saraki As Presidential Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Edo 2020: Yekini Idiaye, 16 Other Lawmakers Back Ize-Iyamu by zeusdgrt(m): 9:33am On Aug 04, 2020
Ingocof:

yes, against his wife in the ooza room
Believe it or not grin grin
Re: Edo 2020: Yekini Idiaye, 16 Other Lawmakers Back Ize-Iyamu by SaintLucia: 9:46am On Aug 04, 2020
zeusdgrt:

We drop the truth lightly
Na so grin
Re: Edo 2020: Yekini Idiaye, 16 Other Lawmakers Back Ize-Iyamu by jrusky(m): 9:52am On Aug 04, 2020
Dannyset:
grin

E be like na concensus candidate we go get for this Edo ooo! Why everybody dey back just one person na, abi Edo don be Lagos ni? grin grin

I told them that Edo no be Lagos is a bad slogan that can lead to provocative underground action for those using it to swallow it las las but dem insulted me now e don dey happen like like play.

Before the election day only God know who go remain with Obaseki but lets keep watching as its unfolding.

2 Likes

Re: Edo 2020: Yekini Idiaye, 16 Other Lawmakers Back Ize-Iyamu by frankyychiji(f): 9:53am On Aug 04, 2020
contigiency:

See who is educating me that elections are not won in NL. No problem, I will bookmak this your post, we will discuss it after the election.
Though ize iyamu is already a gonner, your support will finally nail him like Atiku and Ribadu and Falae.
Re: Edo 2020: Yekini Idiaye, 16 Other Lawmakers Back Ize-Iyamu by Wierdceo: 11:04am On Aug 04, 2020
Yekini my former oga. This man Don go far o .

1 Like

Re: Edo 2020: Yekini Idiaye, 16 Other Lawmakers Back Ize-Iyamu by Nobody: 11:10am On Aug 04, 2020
sanemind5:
Hmmm...things are really getting bad for obaseki
NOT THINK SO BECAUSE MANY VOTERS ARE NOT USING INTERNET NOR READ NEWSPAPER
Re: Edo 2020: Yekini Idiaye, 16 Other Lawmakers Back Ize-Iyamu by PropertyBuying(f): 11:42am On Aug 04, 2020
Royalfurnitures:
Obaseki will still win, mark my words

Your home is incomplete without good quality furniture thats why we are here for you
Let's know the reason for your prediction.

2 Likes

Re: Edo 2020: Yekini Idiaye, 16 Other Lawmakers Back Ize-Iyamu by SideInkom: 12:13pm On Aug 04, 2020
Influence
Re: Edo 2020: Yekini Idiaye, 16 Other Lawmakers Back Ize-Iyamu by basybasy: 12:25pm On Aug 04, 2020
odiks:

https://thenationonlineng.net/deputy-speaker-16-other-lawmakers-back-ize-iyamu/
My advice for Obaseki is to start packing his load because he can't defeat Izeiyamu.

1 Like

Re: Edo 2020: Yekini Idiaye, 16 Other Lawmakers Back Ize-Iyamu by ejimatic: 12:42pm On Aug 04, 2020
odiks:

https://thenationonlineng.net/deputy-speaker-16-other-lawmakers-back-ize-iyamu/
. it is logical .They were there on the APC platform....
Re: Edo 2020: Yekini Idiaye, 16 Other Lawmakers Back Ize-Iyamu by Paramount01(m): 1:12pm On Aug 04, 2020
Royalfurnitures:
I'm in Lagos

What type of chair do you want?
You can chat me on WHATSAPP....08147743098 for pics and prices.
Thanks

Lagos is far ...I base in kaduna
Re: Edo 2020: Yekini Idiaye, 16 Other Lawmakers Back Ize-Iyamu by Hopefulpraiz(m): 2:01pm On Aug 04, 2020
Afternoon nairalander, pls someone should help me out, i need a job housekeeper/security or anything legal
Re: Edo 2020: Yekini Idiaye, 16 Other Lawmakers Back Ize-Iyamu by DeRay98(m): 2:26pm On Aug 04, 2020
ede1:
All these movement just confirmed that Obaseki is very poor with local or grassroot politics. I wish him well anyway.

You're easily fooled by these cheap audio movement that only happen on social media grin.

Sept is near and true popularity will be out.
Re: Edo 2020: Yekini Idiaye, 16 Other Lawmakers Back Ize-Iyamu by abbiboy: 3:11pm On Aug 04, 2020
hannysur8:
Obaseki is a goner

Says who,lawmakers vote equalz 1 vote n not 10 votes use ur sense.
Re: Edo 2020: Yekini Idiaye, 16 Other Lawmakers Back Ize-Iyamu by skukimania(f): 4:09pm On Aug 04, 2020
See Edo, see Lagos ! Edo don turn Lagos finish.
Re: Edo 2020: Yekini Idiaye, 16 Other Lawmakers Back Ize-Iyamu by Deadlytruth(m): 5:17pm On Aug 04, 2020
Simbrixton:
Yekinni idiaye Emmanuel agbaje olumide akpata ,akerele fmr ssg,olusegun aganga yet akoko edo people no be yoruba
So the fact that your monicker above is Simbrixton makes you an English man?
Re: Edo 2020: Yekini Idiaye, 16 Other Lawmakers Back Ize-Iyamu by sodiqapril(m): 5:50pm On Aug 04, 2020
post=92436069:
Edolites, Be Wise........

Protect the future of your unborn kinds and also their unborn kids.

They will pray for you in the future.

Vote wisely for a man or woman that will better your life we beg of you.

We outsiders can only look from afar and comment,
We can't vote!
Edolites,
Your future is in your thumbs!

God bless Edo State.
God bless Nigeria.

Oba ghato kpere ..........

. . . . . . .

And Ondolites,
Below may be useful to you guys too.....

Ondolites.......

Arakunrin is the man for the job.

Secure the future of your kids please.

God bless Ondo and Edo State.

God bless Nigeria.

End of thread!
Many many 'dead politicians can testify to that! cool
Shut up
Re: Edo 2020: Yekini Idiaye, 16 Other Lawmakers Back Ize-Iyamu by Simbrixton(m): 6:40pm On Aug 04, 2020
Deadlytruth:

So the fact that your monicker above is Simbrixton makes you an English man?
d enemies of yorubaland have arrived what language does toyin aimakhu speak or mercy aigbe? akoko edo people are actually ethnically yorubas just like oranmiyan and his warriors that invaded ile ibinu are yorubas
Re: Edo 2020: Yekini Idiaye, 16 Other Lawmakers Back Ize-Iyamu by Deadlytruth(m): 7:44am On Aug 05, 2020
Simbrixton:
d enemies of yorubaland have arrived what language does toyin aimakhu speak or mercy aigbe? akoko edo people are actually ethnically yorubas just like oranmiyan and his warriors that invaded ile ibinu are yorubas
Toyin Aimakhu speaks Okpameri or Unemeh which are Edoid Languages and unintelligible with Yoruba. The Aimakhu in the name is already enough evidence that the Toyin there doesn't make the bearer a Yoruba. Akoko-Edo imbibed the appearance of Yorubanness due to the expeditionary raids on them by soldiers from the Oyo Empire at the time the Benin empire had begun to decline hence couldn't send a counter expedition to dislodge the Ibadan soldiers from the area.
I guess Awolowo has become the greatest enemy of Yorubaland for not ever targeting Akoko-Edo in his Yoruba irridentism battles? Awolowo, the most enlightened and most knowledgeable Yoruba man to ever walk the earth's surface did a comprehensive ethnographic survey of Nigeria and in his report placed Akoko-Edo among Edo ethnicity and never among Yoruba. Likewise, E.A. Bradbury, a British ethnographer had as far back as 1957 classified Akoko-Edo as a part of the Edo Nation and never Yoruba.
Don't let the Akoko tag in the name deceive you for it was borrowed for political nomenclature and doesn't really connote any cultural or ancestral affiliation with Yorubanness.
The Yoruba names you hear of in Akoko-Edo and indeed in parts of Edo and Delta States doesn't make these people Yorubas any more than the names Bello, Sani, Lukman, Fatai, etc makes the Yorubas who bear them Hausafulanis.
In fact in Akoko-Edo, people also bear Nupe names like Zaiki, Damisa, Daudu, etc and that doesn't make them Nupes.
Examples of actual indigenousAkoko-Edo names are:
Pendo,
Emmasealu,
Okuo,
Ozioma,
Onize,
Onyonnude,
Oyionorifo,
Okondo,
Eneyufuo,
Ozaveshe,
Upe,
Ukannah,
Oyoifo,
Idaomi,
Eshemokhai,
Asesho,
Avazi,
Avioganna,
Ajimego,
Eneze,

Now, tell us what they mean in Yoruba.
Re: Edo 2020: Yekini Idiaye, 16 Other Lawmakers Back Ize-Iyamu by Simbrixton(m): 9:13am On Aug 05, 2020
Deadlytruth:

Toyin Aimakhu speaks Okpameri or Unemeh which are Edoid Languages and unintelligible with Yoruba. The Aimakhu in the name is already enough evidence that the Toyin there doesn't make the bearer a Yoruba. Akoko-Edo imbibed the appearance of Yorubanness due to the expeditionary raids on them by soldiers from the Oyo Empire at the time the Benin empire had begun to decline hence couldn't send a counter expedition to dislodge the Ibadan soldiers from the area.
I guess Awolowo has become the greatest enemy of Yorubaland for not ever targeting Akoko-Edo in his Yoruba irridentism battles? Awolowo, the most enlightened and most knowledgeable Yoruba man to ever walk the earth's surface did a comprehensive ethnographic survey of Nigeria and in his report placed Akoko-Edo among Edo ethnicity and never among Yoruba. Likewise, E.A. Bradbury, a British ethnographer had as far back as 1957 classified Akoko-Edo as a part of the Edo Nation and never Yoruba.
Don't let the Akoko tag in the name deceive you for it was borrowed for political nomenclature and doesn't really connote any cultural or ancestral affiliation with Yorubanness.
The Yoruba names you hear of in Akoko-Edo and indeed in parts of Edo and Delta States doesn't make these people Yorubas any more than the names Bello, Sani, Lukman, Fatai, etc makes the Yorubas who bear them Hausafulanis.
In fact in Akoko-Edo, people also bear Nupe names like Zaiki, Damisa, Daudu, etc and that doesn't make them Nupes.
Pendo,
Emmasealu,
Okuo,
Ozioma,
Onize,
Onyonnude,
Oyionorifo,
Okondo,
Eneyufuo,
Ozaveshe,
Upe,
Ukannah,
Oyoifo,
Idaomi,
Eshemokhai,
Asesho,
Avazi,
Avioganna,
Ajimego,
Eneze,

thanks for the robust response bro, toyin speaks undiluted yoruba what do u mean by yoruba irrendentist battles?
Re: Edo 2020: Yekini Idiaye, 16 Other Lawmakers Back Ize-Iyamu by Simbrixton(m): 9:14am On Aug 05, 2020
Deadlytruth:

Pendo,
Emmasealu,
Okuo,
Ozioma,
Onize,
Onyonnude,
Oyionorifo,
Okondo,
Eneyufuo,
Ozaveshe,
Upe,
Ukannah,
Oyoifo,
Idaomi,
Eshemokhai,
Asesho,
Avazi,
Avioganna,
Ajimego,
Eneze,

the bini and oyo empire are sons of the same father oranmiyan dont tell me u looking to start another ekaladerhan divisive story
Re: Edo 2020: Yekini Idiaye, 16 Other Lawmakers Back Ize-Iyamu by Simbrixton(m): 9:24am On Aug 05, 2020
Deadlytruth:

Pendo,
Emmasealu,
Okuo,
Ozioma,
Onize,
Onyonnude,
Oyionorifo,
Okondo,
Eneyufuo,
Ozaveshe,
Upe,
Ukannah,
Oyoifo,
Idaomi,
Eshemokhai,
Asesho,
Avazi,
Avioganna,
Ajimego,
Eneze,

I would look it up anyway
Re: Edo 2020: Yekini Idiaye, 16 Other Lawmakers Back Ize-Iyamu by Deadlytruth(m): 9:27am On Aug 05, 2020
Simbrixton:
the bini and oyo empire are sons of the same father oranmiyan dont tell me u looking to start another ekaladerhan divisive story

Keep dragging Bini into Yoruba. Meanwhile during the Old Western Region times when traditional chiefs were members of the parliament, the chief whip, Awujale, would mention all Yoruba monarchs in his salutation leaving out the Oba of Benin and then declared he had greeted all the Yoruba chiefs. In addition, all the representatives from the later Midwest were labelled Kobokobo by their Yoruba colleagues as a way of derogatorily saying that their languages they spoke were unintelligible to theirs. And none from the future Midwest ever felt slighted or complain against any of these gesture for they knew they really weren't Yorubas. I guess they were not aware of the oraminyan tale by moonlight when they did all that?
The Ekalderan story remains logically superior to the myth that Oduduwa fell from the sky. Ekalderan was the first Oduduwa and his name Izoduwa got corrupted to Oduduwa by Ife natives since there is no letter z in Yoruba alphabetical system.
Re: Edo 2020: Yekini Idiaye, 16 Other Lawmakers Back Ize-Iyamu by Simbrixton(m): 9:31am On Aug 05, 2020
Deadlytruth:

Pendo,
Emmasealu,
Okuo,
Ozioma,
Onize,
Onyonnude,
Oyionorifo,
Okondo,
Eneyufuo,
Ozaveshe,
Upe,
Ukannah,
Oyoifo,
Idaomi,
Eshemokhai,
Asesho,
Avazi,
Avioganna,
Ajimego,
Eneze,

one part of your statement I take exception to is you said the yoruba names in delta have nothing to do with yoruba, the itshekiri nation are a hybrid of ilaje and ijebu natives the only connection to bini is the olu of iwerre the itshekiri language is yoruba with a slight infusion of ijaw and urhobo about edo a lot of yoruba I know settle in edo and take up bini names a friend of mine in my university days confessed his descendants are yoruba
Re: Edo 2020: Yekini Idiaye, 16 Other Lawmakers Back Ize-Iyamu by Simbrixton(m): 10:16am On Aug 05, 2020
Deadlytruth:

Keep dragging Bini into Yoruba. Meanwhile during the Old Western Region times when traditional chiefs were members of the parliament, the chief whip, Awujale, would mention all Yoruba monarchs in his salutation leaving out the Oba of Benin and then declared he had greeted all the Yoruba chiefs. In addition, all the representatives from the later Midwest were labelled Kobokobo by their Yoruba colleagues as a way of derogatorily saying that their languages they spoke were unintelligible to theirs. And none from the future Midwest ever felt slighted or complain against any of these gesture for they knew they really weren't Yorubas. I guess they were not aware of the oraminyan tale by moonlight when they did all that?
The Ekalderan story remains logically superior to the myth that Oduduwa fell from the sky. Ekalderan was the first Oduduwa and his name Izoduwa got corrupted to Oduduwa by Ife natives since there is no letter z in Yoruba alphabetical system.
bros I have never heard about this part because oba of bini is always regarded as the first of the children of oduduwa he is higher ranked than oyo and ife so I wonder why awujale wont regard d oba the father of oba erediauwa attended all yoruba council of elders meetings now to talk intelligently
The place oranmiyan camped when he got to bini is called oselu which bini people corrupted as uselu under a particular tree
Another thing noteworthy is ogun,aiyelala,ogboni all came to bini through oranmiyan if truly oranmiyan is izoduwa son why carry such a large contingent of chiefs and warriors oloton,iyase, oliha,ogiefa about 12 chiefs and many more warriors why didn't he just go with d bini chiefs why change the previous title from ogiso to oba and why reference worship to oduduwa and oranmiyan but leave out ogiso this beats human understanding
We never said oduduwa fell from the sky what u are deliberately misunderstanding is yoruba religion deities great people dat is why oduduwa and ogun all have stories that says they came from d sky
Another issue I have with edoid is the palace from the time of oba erediauwa till date have been aggressive even to d point of hurling bigotry in their attempt to break d link they have with yoruba I listen to imasuen izoduwa he keeps publishing the yoruba race now that is not how to present your side of history anyway we in d west see edo Igala and itshekiri has our brothers and we will keep having friendly conversations and build bridges to keep our alliance
Re: Edo 2020: Yekini Idiaye, 16 Other Lawmakers Back Ize-Iyamu by Deadlytruth(m): 5:32pm On Aug 05, 2020
Simbrixton:
bros I have never heard about this part because oba of bini is always regarded as the first of the children of oduduwa he is higher ranked than oyo and ife so I wonder why awujale wont regard d oba the father of oba erediauwa attended all yoruba council of elders meetings now to talk intelligently
The place oranmiyan camped when he got to bini is called oselu which bini people corrupted as uselu under a particular tree
Another thing noteworthy is ogun,aiyelala,ogboni all came to bini through oranmiyan if truly oranmiyan is izoduwa son why carry such a large contingent of chiefs and warriors oloton,iyase, oliha,ogiefa about 12 chiefs and many more warriors why didn't he just go with d bini chiefs why change the previous title from ogiso to oba and why reference worship to oduduwa and oranmiyan but leave out ogiso this beats human understanding
We never said oduduwa fell from the sky what u are deliberately misunderstanding is yoruba religion deities great people dat is why oduduwa and ogun all have stories that says they came from d sky
Another issue I have with edoid is the palace from the time of oba erediauwa till date have been aggressive even to d point of hurling bigotry in their attempt to break d link they have with yoruba I listen to imasuen izoduwa he keeps publishing the yoruba race now that is not how to present your side of history anyway we in d west see edo Igala and itshekiri has our brothers and we will keep having friendly conversations and build bridges to keep our alliance

The mere fact that you agree that the original royal lineage of Benin was the Ogiso lineage punctures all the conjectures you laboured to sell above. The title "Ogiso" has no meaning in Yoruba hence the first Ogiso couldn't have descended from Oraminyan which is clearly a Yoruba title. Moreso the word 'Igodomigodo' which stands for the original name of Benin Kingdom has no meaning in Yoruba as well. So your theory above fails.
Re: Edo 2020: Yekini Idiaye, 16 Other Lawmakers Back Ize-Iyamu by Deadlytruth(m): 5:41pm On Aug 05, 2020
Simbrixton:
one part of your statement I take exception to is you said the yoruba names in delta have nothing to do with yoruba, the itshekiri nation are a hybrid of ilaje and ijebu natives the only connection to bini is the olu of iwerre the itshekiri language is yoruba with a slight infusion of ijaw and urhobo about edo a lot of yoruba I know settle in edo and take up bini names a friend of mine in my university days confessed his descendants are yoruba
When I say Edo and Delta, I am referring to the Edoid tribes alone and not the Igboid or Yoruboid ones who are a minority among them. Itsekiris are not Edos by ancestry. Only their royal lineage is Edo.
Contrary to your claim in your second paragraph, there are really no Yorubas who migrated to Edo to take up Bini names. This is a fallacy that had been debunked in many threads here with the purveyors going silent for want of superior counter argument.
That friend of yours is probably a victim of Ignorance about his home likely because he doesn't visit home. You should have asked him why his native Okpameri/Uneme/ Igarra /Okpe/Sasaro, etc is not mutually intelligible to Yoruba at all.
Re: Edo 2020: Yekini Idiaye, 16 Other Lawmakers Back Ize-Iyamu by Deadlytruth(m): 5:53pm On Aug 05, 2020
Simbrixton:
thanks for the robust response bro, toyin speaks undiluted yoruba what do u mean by yoruba irrendentist battles?
Aren't there Igbos who speak pure undiluted Yoruba and with the genuine Yoruba ascent far better than some Yorubas? Does that make them Yorubas?
Awolowo fought throughout his political career to have every genuinely Yoruba speaking people assembled together into one region. To that end he argued that the Okuns in Kogi State and Igbominas and others in Kwara be carved into the Western Region. When Akoko-Edo joined the other Western minorities in seeking Midwest creation, Awolowo didn't resist them on the argument that they are Yorubas. In fact before then he had published his famous book "Nigeria's path to greatness" in which he clearly separated all the Edoid groups from Yoruba both in terms of culture and an ancestry.
Re: Edo 2020: Yekini Idiaye, 16 Other Lawmakers Back Ize-Iyamu by Simbrixton(m): 6:34pm On Aug 05, 2020
Deadlytruth:

Aren't there Igbos who speak pure undiluted Yoruba and with the genuine Yoruba ascent far better than some Yorubas? Does that make them Yorubas?
Awolowo fought throughout his political career to have every genuinely Yoruba speaking people assembled together into one region. To that end he argued that the Okuns in Kogi State and Igbominas and others in Kwara be carved into the Western Region. When Akoko-Edo joined the other Western minorities in seeking Midwest creation, Awolowo didn't resist them on the argument that they are Yorubas. In fact before then he had published his famous book "Nigeria's path to greatness" in which he clearly separated all the Edoid groups from Yoruba both in terms of culture and an ancestry.
dese cant be true because Awolowo wont have left out iwerre people
Re: Edo 2020: Yekini Idiaye, 16 Other Lawmakers Back Ize-Iyamu by Deadlytruth(m): 6:38pm On Aug 05, 2020
Simbrixton:
dese cant be true because Awolowo wont have left out iwerre people
He attempted to get them in too but just that those ones refused and chose the Midwest option.
Recall that it was even he who sort of upgraded the Olu of Itsekiri to Olu of Warri against the subsisting tradition of Warri people.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ortom To Atiku: I Won't Support Your Presidential Ambition / President Buhari Meets Dogara And Saraki / I Spent Two Hours,10 Minutes Talking To Nnamdi Kanu At Kuje Prison - Kalu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.