Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,226 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:02 AM

Post Deleted - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Post Deleted (3319 Views)

post deleted due to trolling / [ Post Deleted ] / Post Deleted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Deleted by Olayinka8793(m): 9:08pm On Aug 04, 2020
Klass99:
Dear OP,

You have every right to feel the way you do and your feelings are valid. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise (not even your mum) when they say things like blood is thicker than water, family will be always be family, no matter how frustrating or miserable they make your life you just have to endure because they are your family.

No, you don't have to put up with other people's continuous BS, foolishness or irresponsible attitude all in the name of they are family. When family members are repeatedly a thorn in the flesh, you need to take action which lets them know that you've had enough, you are at your breaking point and their BS won't be tolerated for much longer.You can choose to do so firmly and politely OR with gragra, anyhow you want to.

I hate people pushing their responsibilities to me (and I mean responsibilities of any kind) the kind you are even dealing with, will not sit well with me while the owner of the children is alive and well. It is not as if he/she is sick, they lost a source of income or had some major crises that caused their financial predicament.

I dey vex pass you sef, because as a single person myself I often see parents and married coworkers like your brother, who minimize the challenges of single people while acting like their challenges are more unique and better than ours. Hello! Excuse you angry I have challenges too as a single person which range from married coworkers borrowing money from me and when it comes time to pay they start to tell stories, using their children to garner sympathy, a crazy landlord who refuses to honour the terms of a tenancy agreement forcing you to bear costs that are his, employers who can owe for Africa, dragging their feet about paying for work done etc.

People like your brother and most of my colleagues, think we have nothing worthwhile to do with our hard earned money on, so they devise ways to make you spend on what is their original responsibility. These days I just ignore stories about I haven't paid my child's school fees or I need money for my wife's pregnancy/delivery care, when you had 9 months to plan for it. undecided

Do what is best for you. Make decisions that are in your best interest in this situation because I don't see your brother ever making decisions that will be in your best interests, those boys of his, you are feeding will always come first. Put yourself first too. What sort of nonsense is this sef? I still dey vex
God blessed you abundantly my sister. You truly understand my pain.
Re: Post Deleted by heryur(m): 9:28pm On Aug 04, 2020
Olayinka8793:
I would have love to do as you suggested but the problem is that my saloon shop is not too far from the house, and I am always present in shop so there is no way they won't come and trace me to my shop after noticing my absence.

Re: Post Deleted by Eketem: 9:28pm On Aug 04, 2020
If you marry now and live in the family compound; it will be easier for your brother. He will come and drop the kids with your wife and make life more stressful for her.

Since you are not willing to do anything to help yourself keep managing till you build your house and move out

7 Likes

Re: Post Deleted by PuZZyNegro: 11:01pm On Aug 04, 2020
Olayinka8793:
Bro, there is no business that can't fetch you good profit believe me. The most important thing is Gods grace in whatever business you choose. Even if you want to be selling grass, as long as God's grace is in your business, you will blow, believe me. It is not every barber that is successful, I know of two or three fellow barbers who no longer do barbing plus several other present barbers who are struggling.
Grace is everything.

All I can say is Afonjaaaaaaa

Where's that stewpid person saying Igbo ladies this, Igbo men that.

See, from Op father to his brothers, all irresponsible people, marrying women and bearing children they cannot take care of.

70% of Yorubas who married more than one wife don't live with them. It's more like being a community dick while the women hustle to train the children and of course the cycle continues as the guys join touting and cultism so early while the ladies take to baby mamarism and following babas to become the 10th wife

3 Likes

Re: Post Deleted by highbee02: 11:24pm On Aug 04, 2020
UndauntedYOCA:
Do all you can to complete your house as soon as you can bro but in the meantime, do not fail to help those kids out, they're family although they aren't your responsibilities, just do your part and if they are grown already then you can make sure they also go in search of a job or learn trades.
About wanting to get married before the next sallah, I'll advise you not to if your sole reason is wanting to avoid taking care of your brother's children.
Sorry ehn, may God elevate you to the point that you'll never have to worry about the burden that comes with helping people.

I like your contribution on this matter, as little as the kids are, they know what's going on. Even if their father didn't reciprocate
the gesture, just continue doing your best, it's called HUMANITY
Re: Post Deleted by Gloriagee(f): 12:00am On Aug 05, 2020
U be real militant grin

Exmilitant:
And what's wrong in taking care of 3kids? Just close eye buy one basin of garri make dem dey drink with salt morning, noon and night. By the time your brother comes back and see his kids all skinny and emmaciated, he would think twice before leaving them for you. Complete the house before you marry o.
Re: Post Deleted by Olayinka8793(m): 12:04am On Aug 05, 2020
PuZZyNegro:

See, from Op father to his brothers, all irresponsible people, marrying women and bearing children they cannot take care of.

70% of Yorubas who married more than one wife don't live with them. It's more like being a community dick while the women hustle to train the children and of course the cycle continues as the guys join touting and cultism so early while the ladies take to baby mamarism and following babas to become the 10th wife
You are a disgrace to rationality, sensibility and logic.

4 Likes

Re: Post Deleted by Nobody: 1:30am On Aug 05, 2020
There are different perspective to this narrative while I may blame ur bro for doing whatever he feels like do not be a deadbeat like him! Talk to your parents about how he’s always fond of doing that, talk to your mom separately, hear what she says, talk to your dad also, it’s good you are working. You can make them earn by teaching dem barbing, in time if they are able to learn quick, sublet the Shop to ‘em and open a new branch and expand! Think Positive boY. Quit whining, family won’t always make you happy, just have to make most of the situation you are served in life! Could be a blessing or a curse depends on how you handle the situation!
Re: Post Deleted by Georgekyrian(m): 2:23am On Aug 05, 2020
Olayinka8793:
Barbing saloon business is not like that my sister. In fact, festive periods are the most profitable in barbing business and hairdressing and so on.
Thanks for your input though.

Like you don't get her questions, give yourself a treat sometimes. Make hustle no go kill you
Re: Post Deleted by jaymichael(m): 8:58am On Aug 05, 2020
Olayinka8793:
I just don't have the courage to, lest my other brothers and sisters see me as wicked and insensitive.
A lot of people are in the grave now because of "what other people will think of them and their actions" The way e dey go, e be like say you too will be part of the statistics. If your other siblings think it is easy, they should take up the responsibility na.

3 Likes

Re: Post Deleted by soonpoint(m): 10:05am On Aug 05, 2020
Call your brother and ask for money for the upkeep of his children. You should start from that call. His response will determine how you proceed. If you can afford taking care of them, please contionue, they are family. However i think your major grouse is that your brother abdicated his responsibility for you without any remorse. Call him, let him know he didnt drop anything for their upkeep and ask when he'll be coming to pick the kids. Because he may completely abandon them with you once he starts sending money for their up keep. Ideally, the kids shoukd be with their grandma and not a bachelor. But i guess he has weighed all options and agrees that you are most responsible or he is just irresponsible and nonchalant. Ògbéni málo fìtìjú kaárùn o

2 Likes

Re: Post Deleted by Nobody: 10:12am On Aug 05, 2020
Olayinka8793:
I wish I had the liver to let him know to his face. He is much senior to me, he is 42 years while I am just 26. I guess I would have to let him know indirectly by posting about it on some of the social media platforms we share together and hope to God he sees it and get the message.
Stop cutting corners just tell him. After all you did not force him to have those children, how would a man without enough to take care of himself fight for the custody of his children. Africa!

1 Like

Re: Post Deleted by Nobody: 10:14am On Aug 05, 2020
PuZZyNegro:

Are you sure you are mentally stable?

1 Like

Re: Post Deleted by HomerTimpson: 11:30am On Aug 05, 2020
Olayinka8793 hi bro,i wanted to comment since last night but i had low battery,i really understand what you are going through,now ask yourself this what if you are one of those lads? And someone else is abt to make this kind of your decision? or are you thinking those lads don't know what you are doing for them? You think they are still that small ? The table may turn tomorrow so i'll advice you to continue with good works you are doing

I know its not easy financially especially when you have a project as that but,

Whenever you want to make any lame move in the name of maning up,just remember BLOOD IS THICKER THAN WATER ANYTIME

3 Likes

Re: Post Deleted by HomerTimpson: 11:36am On Aug 05, 2020
[quote author=heryur post=92463322][/quote] BEAUTIFUL QUOTE but did you know how the man died ? Just saying thou
Re: Post Deleted by HomerTimpson: 11:46am On Aug 05, 2020
highbee02:

I like your contribution on this matter, as little as the kids are, they know what's going on. Even if their father didn't recuperate the gesture, just continue doing your best, it's called HUMANITY
you are second person that commented my comment after undauntedYOCA reading those other comments,its sad to see lots of people have lost being humane,if one can't make this kind of sacrifice for a family,and saying "I LOVE YOU TO A STRANGER where is the love ?
Re: Post Deleted by Exmilitant(m): 11:57am On Aug 05, 2020
Gloriagee:
U be real militant grin
Ex, actually.

Re: Post Deleted by Olayinka8793(m): 12:30pm On Aug 05, 2020
HomerTimpson:
you are second person that commented my comment after undauntedYOCA reading those other comments,its sad to see lots of people have lost being humane,if one can't make this kind of sacrifice for a family,and saying "I LOVE YOU TO A STRANGER where is the love ?
Sacrifice should be a freely done thing from the mind, not forced on anyone. Being deprived of ones happiness and peace of mind against ones will all in the name of been forced to sacrifice is unacceptable.

4 Likes

Re: Post Deleted by Gloriagee(f): 1:17pm On Aug 05, 2020
Okurr. I dey use one eye watch u o to confirm whether the militant na ex or na current status.

Exmilitant:
Ex, actually.
Re: Post Deleted by blank(f): 3:03pm On Aug 05, 2020
Please, don't abandon the kids. This might be the only holiday they get in a year. What I would suggest is to respectfully discuss with your brother and tell him that your salon is not making enough to support everyone. That if he can be leaving them for only 2 weeks that it would help you.

Then also ask the oldest to be going with you to your salon and be teaching him as you work. Don't just teach him how to barb hair, teach him how to manage a barbing salon. Soon, he might set up one back at his home.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Post Deleted by chukzyfcbb: 5:58pm On Aug 05, 2020
Even if you pack into your house.

your brother will bring your nephew there and leave them with you, then it would be harder to act because it is your house.

Don't let anybody manipulate you, managing 3kids especially male kids is not easy.

You have to find a way to talk to him. I don't know why people fear the consequences of talking to superior head.

I can confront the decision of anybody CEO/MD/HOD etc(respectfuly though) as long as I have done my due diligence and I know my hands are clean.

if you talk, you die
if you no talk, you still die.

so why not talk and die

Man up bro and take a pinch of NLanders sentences.
Most of them are hypocrites who would write things to get likes.

#Nuff said

3 Likes

Re: Post Deleted by PuZZyNegro: 6:50pm On Aug 05, 2020
SegFault:

Are you sure you are mentally stable?

E pain m
Re: Post Deleted by ImaIma1(f): 6:52pm On Aug 05, 2020
chii8:
Guy, immediately your brothers arrive for sallah, after the celebration on that day,back your bags and do a mini travel to a friend's house,be the first to leave, let's see who he will drop the kids for.Don't marry for a wrong reason,marry because you want to and ready to.

Best advice.

OP this is what I wanted to suggest. Pack a bag and feign an important trip. He will carry his children with him.
Re: Post Deleted by HomerTimpson: 8:08pm On Aug 05, 2020
Olayinka8793:
Sacrifice should be a freely done thing from the mind, not forced on anyone. Being deprived of ones happiness and peace of mind against ones will all in the name of been forced to sacrifice is unacceptable.
while you may be right,but did you even know what blood is ? You even neglet the part i said what if you are one of those lads right now,what are we even saying,its your family not mine,make your decision and regret or happy in future...take care bro
Re: Post Deleted by frozen70(f): 10:35am On Aug 06, 2020
Olayinka8793:
I am a 26 years old guy who works and earns a living as a barber. I still live in my dad's house which happens to be not too far from my barbing salon shop.
My plan was to move into my own personal house whenever I leave my dad's own, but my house isn't completed yet.
I come from a Muslim family, so every sallah, like the recent one of last Friday, all my married senior brothers and few sisters comes to the family house to celebrate the sallah with my dad.
There is this particular brother of mine that always makes life very difficult for me immediately after the sallah celebration.
The problem is that he comes from Ibadan down here to Ogun state to celebrate with us like the rest of my brothers and sisters, he is married to two wives (his greatest mistake in life) which contributed to his usually negative financial situation. None of his two wives are living with him in Ibadan, the second wife bore him two kids which she took away with her after calling it quit with the marriage (primarily due to financial suffering), while he (my brother) managed to secure the custody of his other 3 children born to him by his first wife who has also stopped living with him.
Now every sallah, he will come with his 3 children from the first wife to celebrate with us, and while every other family members would depart back to their various home at least two days after the sallah celebration, he will depart alone while leaving his three sons to be taken care of by God knows who.
Of a truth, I am his targeted children caretaker because he knows l am the only remaining son of our dad who is not yet married and who is fairly comfortable. The facts that I am not married or not yet with kids must have informed him that I don't have any responsibility to bother with and so l should be very OK to take care of his sons.
There is nothing l hate more than that and I am boiling with anger as I am typing this.
While it is true l am not married yet or have kids, I do have my own responsibilities/problems to deal with such as trying to save up money to complete my house, giving my old mum daily stipen (she doesn't live with my dad, she lives at her mum's house), I also got several other family members, even cousins and aunts/uncles that disturb me from time to time and I try to help whenever I can and ignore them most of the time.
This 3 burden some children of my wicked elder brothers are still staying with me right now (it is a big face me l face you house) and I had have to be dropping money for their feeding daily before going to my barbing salon shop because my dad is the type of Dad that doesn't give a fvck about taking care of his children, much less his grandchildren because he is a polygamous man with four wives and several children ( we all grew up to learn different trades and became successful by the grace of God.
So basically, this 3 burden some children are my temporary responsibilities now pending when their wicked dad who is my brother decides to come and take them which could take up to a month and it is draining me emotionally and financially.
I can't complain to my brother as it will make me feel remorseful afterwards and will cause bad blood between us, neither can l complain to our dad as he is a careless talker who will probably reprimand my brother while exposing me as the one who complained to him. And my mum as a woman will never consider my suffering and would ask me to endure since he is my brother and the 3 burden children are her grandchildren.
I am thinking of getting married before the next sallah to avoid a reoccurence of the burden because by then I will have a valid excuse and will prefer to hustle for my wife and kids instead of hustling to take care of another man's children. But the problem is, although I have a serious girlfriend now, I am not yet ready financially for marriage as my goal now is to gather enough money to complete my house before deciding to hustle money to start a family.
I am so confused right now I don't know how to go about preventing a re occurrence of this yearly sallah miseries while still living in my dad's house.
Your opinions and suggestions will be appreciated.

As painful as it is, you have to make move quickly

Children are on holidays and may continue to be till December

You are building a house fine, it doesn't stop you to get married

If you are not married yet, you will continue to be ready to cater for others because they assume that you don't have anything doing with your money

As for your irresponsible brother, so far you are taking care if the children he left there, he will soon pregnant the third woman and on and on, those his wives left because he lacks responsibilities

Mind you whatever you are doing for them has no valid and good record in their minds, I mean your family not those innocent kids

So get a family engagement with your wife, so far you have a room to yourself in the family house, once you are married they restrain from disturbing you

Even if its a mere introduction that's OK, the rest will follow up later

You don't need to talk much with your brother over his kids, it will be regarded as insult

But if you have a place to go and stay far away from the house for like two weeks and don't even come to shop, pls do those kids will be taken back by their father

As far as you go to shop every day, you have to do the needful in them

2 Likes

Re: Post Deleted by Aimerosa25(f): 12:33pm On Aug 06, 2020
Let me tell you a thing or three,it's either you talk to your brother and make him understand that he needs to be a responsible father,or you drain your meagre resources when you've barely taken care of yourself,you are building remember,and it takes lots of expenses, or you take to prayer and ask God for guidance.

2 Likes

Re: Post Deleted by Greatzeus(m): 9:17am On Aug 07, 2020
A barber wrote this? Omg shocked Your command of English is very good,infact too good for a barber. This is why I always diss all these paper graduate that comes here and write blunders, saying 'please pardon my grammatical errors' ni gga please,you are a half baked graduate stfu.

2 Likes

Re: Post Deleted by Blissquare(f): 9:49am On Aug 08, 2020
I understand your plight. it is the nature of your family. the way your dad raised his family results in people putting their responsibilities on others, not being accountable for one's actions. if you vouce out, everyone woukd say that you are bad. if you do not, you continue to suffer. what you must do is to leave your apprentice in the shop fir that period and determine to be unavailable shortly before your brother leaves. say you are going out of town and lie about when you would be back. you must nit be available otherwise more would be put on you. i am happy that you are gainfully employed despite your fathers ways.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

'I Want To Fight My Neighbor For Sending His Unfaithful Wife Packing' (pictures) / What Is Gossip Between Husband And Wife. / Beautiful Bride. Adamu Mu'azu's Daughter Stuns In New Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.