Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,984 members, 7,810,742 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:19 PM

No Member Of Edo Assembly Endorsed Ize-iyamu: Speaker Accuses Dissident Members - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Member Of Edo Assembly Endorsed Ize-iyamu: Speaker Accuses Dissident Members (1723 Views)

9/24 Edo Assembly Members Elect New Speaker, Deputy At Night (photos) / National Assembly: See How The APC Will Checkmate Its Dissident Members That Day / Pictures Of Dissident Members Of Akwa Ibom Assembly Taking To Their Heels (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Member Of Edo Assembly Endorsed Ize-iyamu: Speaker Accuses Dissident Members by rolams(m): 6:44pm On Aug 04, 2020
Benin- Hon. Frank Okiye, the Speaker of the Edo State House of Assembly has declared that no member of the State house of Assembly endorsed the Candidate of the All Progressives Congress in the September 19, 2020 Governorship election in Edo State, Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu.

Okiye accused dissident members-elect of impersonating the leadership of the legislative arm which was proclaimed by the State Governor on June 17, 2019.

The Speaker disclosed this on Tuesday during the Peoples Democratic party (PDP) campaign rally for the September 19, 2020 Governorship election in Edo State at Ward 3 in Akoko-Edo Local Government Area of the State.

The clarification was in response to sponsored reports that Edo Assembly Deputy speaker, Hon Yekini Idiaye on Monday led four other legislators, to endorse Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu, the Candidate who is yet to officially flag-off his Governorship election campaign in the State.

But, the House Leader, Hon. Nosayaba Okunbor who represented the Speaker at the rally, said that there is no cause for alarm, adding that the house of Assembly is intact.

He however expressed regret for Mr. Emmanuel Agbaje (APC Akoko-Edo II Constituency) who he alleged recently followed the path of perfidy by accepting bribe to do the bidding of a political godfather in the State.

According to him, “For those of us in Edo State House of Assembly, comprising 10 members have resolved not to collect money and do the bidding of anyone.

He lauded the State Governor Godwin Obaseki for his productiveness in fighting the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic in the State.

Addressing party faithful in Ward 3, Akoko-Edo Local Government Area, the Candidate of the Peoples Democratic party (PDP), Governor Godwin Obaseki, said that his perception about the people of Akoko-Edo has not change despite ignoble motives of two Citizens from the locality who recently breached the trust of their Constituents.

According to him, “In the past 30 years or more, I am the Governor that has supported the people of Akoko-Edo more, even in terms of appointments, according to available records.”

“When I came, they said Akoko-Edo had been marginalised. They said Akoko-Edo is one of the most underdeveloped Local Government Area in Edo State. What did I do? I said, I am a man who fears God; When I came, I gave Akoko-Edo Managing Director of Edo State Traffic Management Agency (EDTMA). I also made sure that Akoko-Edo person becomes the Deputy Speaker of the House of Assembly. Before now, has Akoko-Edo person ever held such position? No! Have I not done well for you?”, he declared.”

The Governor thereafter announced the award of that Imogan, Ibilo-Ikiru road construction in Akoko-Edo Local Government Area.

He disclosed that his administration plan to construct Ibilo-Igarra-Auchi federal Government road which had been in deplorable condition for years, if he is re-elected for a second term in office.

The Chairman of PDP Campaign Council for Edo Governorship election, Chief Dan Orbih, berated the dissident members-elect for parading themselves as Lawmakers haven failed to present themselves for inauguration, describing the purported endorsement of Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu by the absentee members-elect as “shameful and unlawful”.

He praised the Governor for restoring sanity on the corridor of power in Edo State and for rescuing the State from oppressors.

On his part, the State Deputy Governor, Hon. Philip Shaibu, called on President Muhammadu Buhari to probe the former Governor of the State, Adams Oshiomhole.
Re: No Member Of Edo Assembly Endorsed Ize-iyamu: Speaker Accuses Dissident Members by Indispensable85(m): 7:07pm On Aug 04, 2020
Stop fooling yourself it was aired live on TV.

1 Like

Re: No Member Of Edo Assembly Endorsed Ize-iyamu: Speaker Accuses Dissident Members by kahal29: 7:26pm On Aug 04, 2020
Re: No Member Of Edo Assembly Endorsed Ize-iyamu: Speaker Accuses Dissident Members by Bighead9: 8:11pm On Aug 04, 2020
Obaseki and lies. He is bent on using lies, hate and propaganda to campaign. But Edo people are wiser now. All the top political appointees in his Government have dumped him.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No Member Of Edo Assembly Endorsed Ize-iyamu: Speaker Accuses Dissident Members by ChiefOloye(m): 8:18pm On Aug 04, 2020
OP, you mean it was the dessedent elected members that used "Benin science" and appeared in POI campaign office in the image of the Deputy Speaker band endorsed the candidature of the man of God?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No Member Of Edo Assembly Endorsed Ize-iyamu: Speaker Accuses Dissident Members by drskyfly007(m): 8:23pm On Aug 04, 2020
ChiefOloye:
OP, you mean it was the dessedent elected members that used "Benin science" and appeared in POI campaign office in the image of the Deputy Speaker band endorsed the candidature of the man of God?
man of GOD indeed grin cheesy
Re: No Member Of Edo Assembly Endorsed Ize-iyamu: Speaker Accuses Dissident Members by seunmsg(m): 8:37pm On Aug 04, 2020
Politicians can really deceive themselves sha. How can someone be denying an endorsement that was done publicly and broadcasted on all major tv station in the country?

If no be say Obaseki mumu, e no go dey fall for all this kain deceit.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No Member Of Edo Assembly Endorsed Ize-iyamu: Speaker Accuses Dissident Members by pode(m): 8:39pm On Aug 04, 2020
But that is what our brother from the other party told us na, everyone in edo state has endorsed Mr. Ize

2 Likes

Re: No Member Of Edo Assembly Endorsed Ize-iyamu: Speaker Accuses Dissident Members by Notatribalist(m): 8:52pm On Aug 04, 2020
seunmsg:
Politicians can really deceive themselves sha. How can someone be denying an endorsement that was done publicly and broadcasted on all major tv station in the country?

If no be say Obaseki mumu, e no go dey fall for all this kain deceit.
Yoruba man face your oduduwa and leave Benin alone. What's your interest in Edo state self?
Re: No Member Of Edo Assembly Endorsed Ize-iyamu: Speaker Accuses Dissident Members by Nobody: 8:57pm On Aug 04, 2020
Notatribalist:
Yoruba man face your oduduwa and leave Benin alone. What's your interest in Edo state self?
A Edo state is part of Nigeria. If we are to go through your post now, we will see you shuking mouth in news from other part of the country.
Re: No Member Of Edo Assembly Endorsed Ize-iyamu: Speaker Accuses Dissident Members by seanfer(m): 9:02pm On Aug 04, 2020
This are set of people giving the Governor false hope. It was on different TV Channels yesterday where the House members were speaking for themselves. And now this Man is telling us that they’re intact.
Re: No Member Of Edo Assembly Endorsed Ize-iyamu: Speaker Accuses Dissident Members by Notatribalist(m): 9:06pm On Aug 04, 2020
BabaOwen:
A Edo state is part of Nigeria. If we are to go through your post now, we will see you shuking mouth in news from other part of the country.
Never,I don't interfere with other state politics. Even if you have to interfaire in states that's not urs you don't have to be biase in the name of partisan politics.. Beside he is a moderator on nairaland, he should be neutral.
Re: No Member Of Edo Assembly Endorsed Ize-iyamu: Speaker Accuses Dissident Members by Benbellamor: 9:14pm On Aug 04, 2020
We knew all along that APC structure is built on propaganda, imagine how they make it Fp....Mynd44 Weldon oró e kó ni eleyi o

1 Like

Re: No Member Of Edo Assembly Endorsed Ize-iyamu: Speaker Accuses Dissident Members by Nobody: 9:53pm On Aug 04, 2020
Notatribalist:
Never,I don't interfere with other state politics. Even if you have to interfaire in states that's not urs you don't have to be biase in the name of partisan politics.. Beside he is a moderator on nairaland, he should be neutral.
This guy funny sha? How can you be accusing him of been bias cause he is not supporting who you're supporting grin

4 Likes

Re: No Member Of Edo Assembly Endorsed Ize-iyamu: Speaker Accuses Dissident Members by Notatribalist(m): 9:56pm On Aug 04, 2020
BabaOwen:
This guy funny sha? How can you be accusing him of been bias cause he is not supporting who you're supporting grin
Nairaland is not a political platform. They ought to play neutral as a moderator.
Re: No Member Of Edo Assembly Endorsed Ize-iyamu: Speaker Accuses Dissident Members by kahal29: 9:58pm On Aug 04, 2020
Notatribalist:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-OJac1a3fo&t=644s
Re: No Member Of Edo Assembly Endorsed Ize-iyamu: Speaker Accuses Dissident Members by kahal29: 9:58pm On Aug 04, 2020
Notatribalist:
Nairaland is not a political platform. They ought to play neutral as a moderator.

Re: No Member Of Edo Assembly Endorsed Ize-iyamu: Speaker Accuses Dissident Members by kahal29: 10:00pm On Aug 04, 2020
Re: No Member Of Edo Assembly Endorsed Ize-iyamu: Speaker Accuses Dissident Members by Notatribalist(m): 10:07pm On Aug 04, 2020
kahal29:

I don't knw why you had to send me the video. I didn't denied that the dep speaker support iyamu.I also said seun should be neutral as a moderator on nairaland.. Beside is the video supposed to scare me?maybe you don't have an ideal of the number of people that are decamping to PDP everyday.. Don't forget about 35 political parties have collapse their structure and joined forces with PDP. so who is deputy speaker that will now scare me?

1 Like

Re: No Member Of Edo Assembly Endorsed Ize-iyamu: Speaker Accuses Dissident Members by ThatFairGuy: 10:16pm On Aug 04, 2020
Notatribalist:
I don't knw why you had to send me the video. I didn't denied that the dep speaker support iyamu.I also said seun should be neutral as a moderator on nairaland.. Beside is the video supposed to scare me?maybe you don't have an ideal of the number of people that are decamping to PDP everyday.. Don't forget about 35 political parties have collapse their structure and joined forces with PDP. so who is deputy speaker that will now scare me?
Now your real intention is known
Re: No Member Of Edo Assembly Endorsed Ize-iyamu: Speaker Accuses Dissident Members by seunmsg(m): 10:27pm On Aug 04, 2020
ThatFairGuy:

He unraveled himself too soon, I was enjoying the hypocritical neutrality okoto that he was spewing before grin grin grin.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No Member Of Edo Assembly Endorsed Ize-iyamu: Speaker Accuses Dissident Members by seunmsg(m): 10:28pm On Aug 04, 2020
Notatribalist:

Seunmsg is not the same person as seun osewa. Seunmsg is not a moderator on Nairaland.

The other issues you raised are premium okoto, no point responding.
Re: No Member Of Edo Assembly Endorsed Ize-iyamu: Speaker Accuses Dissident Members by Nobody: 10:30pm On Aug 04, 2020
APC and fake news
5 & 6

1 Like

Re: No Member Of Edo Assembly Endorsed Ize-iyamu: Speaker Accuses Dissident Members by Notatribalist(m): 10:30pm On Aug 04, 2020
ThatFairGuy:

Which is?

(1) (Reply)

For Peace’s Sake, Southerner Must Become Next President –Audu Ogbeh / Southeast And South-south, Be Wary Of Divisive Threads, They're From The Enemy / 5 Reasons Why The International Community Does Not See IPOB As A Terrorist Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.