Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,481 members, 7,812,478 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:59 PM

40 Revolution Now Protesters Arrested In Abuja By Military Personnel - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 40 Revolution Now Protesters Arrested In Abuja By Military Personnel (30783 Views)

Mick Barry TD Demands Release Of 'Revolution Now' Protesters / Revolution Now Protesters Face Armed Military Personnel (VIDEO) / Revolution Now Protesters Confront Police (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 40 Revolution Now Protesters Arrested In Abuja By Military Personnel by Nobody: 11:08am On Aug 05, 2020
Ayomi90:

Tot u said Tinubu has been embarrassed nd trashed out, why ar u calling on him or is Tinubu your president? Certain u had a dream about him.
Can't you read ? He should just take his L and go not involving youths who think they are fighting the fight
Re: 40 Revolution Now Protesters Arrested In Abuja By Military Personnel by olajide8(m): 11:09am On Aug 05, 2020
Benbellamor:

Enjoy Your Change
But You will All Remember me and The freedom You Enjoyed During My Regime

It's either we are so quick to forget or we just play the ostrich or better still we hide under politics to play the ethnic card - under is some of the main reasons why people wanted him out of Aso rock

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 40 Revolution Now Protesters Arrested In Abuja By Military Personnel by Harrykn: 11:10am On Aug 05, 2020
#REVOLUTION NOW. NOLLYWOOD Film don set. This no just balance in this corn-tree
Re: 40 Revolution Now Protesters Arrested In Abuja By Military Personnel by Centcanada: 11:14am On Aug 05, 2020
Military are only strong in the hands of civilians, common bokoharam is killing them like sardine. Idiot and fools. Mad people every where. Zooooooo country!
Re: 40 Revolution Now Protesters Arrested In Abuja By Military Personnel by GboyegaD(m): 11:19am On Aug 05, 2020
Sermwell:

You are not ready to tell yourself the truth!! You think the police and military are acting on their own?? You had better chanelled your blame to the president who is the commander in chief!!

Even if he gives the order, can't they just ensure it is peaceful? You are the example of one living in denial as you are only trying to pass the bulk around.
Re: 40 Revolution Now Protesters Arrested In Abuja By Military Personnel by Ogbeniomo: 11:26am On Aug 05, 2020
gunners160:
Despite the fact that I dislike PMB, I will still like to admit that this Man is so fucking intelligent.
The best way to rule a country like Nigeria and handle her insane citizens is by cutting them short of certain things.

Protest today in Nigeria is now a thing of joke were any hungry guy/ gal go to just to take selfie and beg for money. The real protest is not happening
Now let us look at the case of Lance Corporal that was arrested for speaking out in fact rumour has it that he is dead, who is speaking out? How many social media network has been shouting or calling for Justice? What about the killings in Kaduna? How many protesters are calling for the culprits to be brought to justice?
Abeg arrest them jor in fact jail them, they lost their rights and freedom to BB Naija
Nairaland don become their sponsors

A lot of this so called protest are actually politically motivated. Till we get sense, ARREST THEM
where do u belong? u start doing something for others to follow, to show u have something upstair
Re: 40 Revolution Now Protesters Arrested In Abuja By Military Personnel by Openbusiness4: 11:27am On Aug 05, 2020
adecz:
angry

Buhari is the biggest mistake
of this country..

We never realized that Ibrahim Babngida
& crew did the nation a great service
when they toppled Buhari from power
in 1985.
IBB face supposed to b on d N1,000 note for overthrowing the worst military regime in Nigeria history. God really used IBB to save Nigeria from General Bókohari. May God save us again sad

1 Like

Re: 40 Revolution Now Protesters Arrested In Abuja By Military Personnel by Royalfurnitures: 11:27am On Aug 05, 2020
Same govt that have refused arrest even a single killer herdsmen,now arresting peaceful protesters

Your home is incomplete without good quality furniture thats why we are here for you
Re: 40 Revolution Now Protesters Arrested In Abuja By Military Personnel by Advocate500: 11:29am On Aug 05, 2020
post=92477937:

Nigeria will be great again in our lifetime.

Slow and steady we will get there.

We will keep believing in her.

God bless Nigeria.

Hmmmmm, this is deep!

Hmmmmm, this is deeper!!

Hmmmmmm, this is deepest!!!

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, this is deeper than the deepest!!!!

END OF THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We Rise!
u are making mockery of ur existence.

1 Like

Re: 40 Revolution Now Protesters Arrested In Abuja By Military Personnel by Sermwell(m): 11:31am On Aug 05, 2020
PigTormentor:

Rubbish, was it not the same Goatluck that paid OPC to beat up protesters in Lagos? Some of you have no memories or just enjoy lying.
mumu!! Show me pictures of OPC flogging protesters in Lagos during Jonathan's administration and I will show you pictures of thousands of people protesters(including tinubu, falana, etc) protesting in Lagos without police or military harassment.
Re: 40 Revolution Now Protesters Arrested In Abuja By Military Personnel by Ogbeniomo: 11:32am On Aug 05, 2020
olajide8:

It's either we are so quick to forget or we just play the ostrich or better still we hide under politics to play the ethnic card - under is some of the main reasons why people wanted him out of Aso rock
Now that you are succeed in removing him what change do u have,both are selfish president,always say the truth My dear
Re: 40 Revolution Now Protesters Arrested In Abuja By Military Personnel by neuralct(m): 11:33am On Aug 05, 2020
This is bad. If possible, they will start arresting our comments here on Nairaland. Mtchew
Re: 40 Revolution Now Protesters Arrested In Abuja By Military Personnel by Nobody: 11:36am On Aug 05, 2020
Re: 40 Revolution Now Protesters Arrested In Abuja By Military Personnel by Sermwell(m): 11:37am On Aug 05, 2020
GboyegaD:

Even if he gives the order, can't they just ensure it is peaceful? You are the example of one living in denial as you are only trying to pass the bulk around.
Which order do you think will be given to them??...."arrest anyone on the street protesting". And that's exactly what they are doing. So what are you yapping about??
Re: 40 Revolution Now Protesters Arrested In Abuja By Military Personnel by Ogbeniomo: 11:38am On Aug 05, 2020
Sermwell:

mumu!! Show me pictures of OPC flogging protesters in Lagos during Jonathan's administration and I will show you pictures of thousands of people protesters(including tinubu, falana, etc) protesting in Lagos without police or military harassment.
You have time to discuss with PIG u de try o
Re: 40 Revolution Now Protesters Arrested In Abuja By Military Personnel by Nobody: 11:43am On Aug 05, 2020
The army should go and tackle protesters in Katsina,Borno,Adamawa and other parts of the country where bokoharam and Fulani herdsmen have captured many local government.
Re: 40 Revolution Now Protesters Arrested In Abuja By Military Personnel by Brushstrokes20: 11:44am On Aug 05, 2020
Too bad! ... The redundant coupist is all shades of tyranny and gross misrule!
Re: 40 Revolution Now Protesters Arrested In Abuja By Military Personnel by bluecircle470: 11:54am On Aug 05, 2020
Nbotee:
Buhari till 4044... Now Ppl will appreciate d freedom dey enjoyed wen dey organized concerts/protests in Ojota and other parts of the country...

Shallow memory and thinking. Did Jonathan not send soldiers to ojota to attack protesters...
Re: 40 Revolution Now Protesters Arrested In Abuja By Military Personnel by Jostoman: 12:13pm On Aug 05, 2020
gunners160:
Despite the fact that I dislike PMB, I will still like to admit that this Man is so fucking intelligent.
The best way to rule a country like Nigeria and handle her insane citizens is by cutting them short of certain things.

Protest today in Nigeria is now a thing of joke were any hungry guy/ gal go to just to take selfie and beg for money. The real protest is not happening
Now let us look at the case of Lance Corporal that was arrested for speaking out in fact rumour has it that he is dead, who is speaking out? How many social media network has been shouting or calling for Justice? What about the killings in Kaduna? How many protesters are calling for the culprits to be brought to justice?
Abeg arrest them jor in fact jail them, they lost their rights and freedom to BB Naija

A lot of this so called protest are actually politically motivated. Till we get sense, ARREST THEM
you are trying to make sense but yet you are not making any sense at all.
Re: 40 Revolution Now Protesters Arrested In Abuja By Military Personnel by madridsta007(m): 12:16pm On Aug 05, 2020
Nbotee:
Buhari till 4044... Now Ppl will appreciate d freedom dey enjoyed wen dey organized concerts/protests in Ojota and other parts of the country...

Funny thing is that people are generally amnesaic.
In the rare event that this regime leaves and a new government comes and brings in democracy and strong economy, give it a few years, Nigerians who are crying today will find a religious or tribal angle to disrupt that government and usher in another Despot.

1 Like

Re: 40 Revolution Now Protesters Arrested In Abuja By Military Personnel by Nobody: 12:20pm On Aug 05, 2020
These actions bear the hallmarks of a repressive dictatorship. What are they scared of? Why are they afraid of people protesting?
Meanwhile our politicians are too stupid (sorry to say this) to learn from history. Instead of protecting our democracy and freedom of speech, they involve the military at every point to suppress any form of dissenting voices.
And the military in their almighty stupidity will quickly jump in to interfer in civilian affairs to please their paymasters. This is setting a dangerous trend and our leaders are either willfully blind or dumb to see this..
Re: 40 Revolution Now Protesters Arrested In Abuja By Military Personnel by bobochem: 12:22pm On Aug 05, 2020
All these forces can flex their muscles on innocent citizens but to face bokoharam na problem for them.#Revolution now
Re: 40 Revolution Now Protesters Arrested In Abuja By Military Personnel by Besk: 12:24pm On Aug 05, 2020
TzPalo:

Source
http://saharareporters.com/2020/08/05/breaking-over-40-revolutionnow-protesters-arrested-abuja-military-personnel-patrol-city

Very good. Omoyele Sowore is doing this simply to provoke the government into arresting him and making him a symbol of freedom. They should not!

Rather, they should arrest all the idiots who are following his commandment like empty brains. Those ones should be taken to military camps in Borno Staye and dealt with severely, to serve as a deterrent to others.

You can’t freely contest a presidential election, lose the election woefully and then want to bring down the government at all costs. That’s an invitation to anarchy.

There are millions of Nigerians, including me, that dislike the direction of Buhari’s government but I detest the idea of using your publishing platform to libel/defame everybody in sight and then hide under the guise of social injustice to set yourself up as a presidential candidate.

His moronic followers should be caged for many years and when they come out, they will have learnt their lessons.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 40 Revolution Now Protesters Arrested In Abuja By Military Personnel by Cajal(m): 12:27pm On Aug 05, 2020
Prosecute them for breaching COVID 19 PRECAUTIONARY PROTOCOL
Re: 40 Revolution Now Protesters Arrested In Abuja By Military Personnel by big7: 12:28pm On Aug 05, 2020
post=92477937:

Nigeria will be great again in our lifetime.

Slow and steady we will get there.

We will keep believing in her.

God bless Nigeria.

Hmmmmm, this is deep!

Hmmmmm, this is deeper!!

Hmmmmmm, this is deepest!!!

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, this is deeper than the deepest!!!!

END OF THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We Rise!

You the most stupid person i will ever experience in my life....you so irritating and disgusting
Re: 40 Revolution Now Protesters Arrested In Abuja By Military Personnel by Gamesmart: 12:32pm On Aug 05, 2020
GboyegaD:
The police and military forces are one of the biggest challenges of our country. Innocent citizens protest, dem go arrest yet, Boko Haram and the bandits dem, dem no fit face dem.

The biggest challenge in Nigeria is lack of the will of Nigerians to protest.

If the police force, military force and their senders know that acting like this would only spark bigger and more angry protests, then they would not do it.

While Nigerians are happy for only a few to protest, we will keep on having this issues.
Re: 40 Revolution Now Protesters Arrested In Abuja By Military Personnel by DAVE5(m): 12:34pm On Aug 05, 2020
ogwoliun:
That is why I liked those Arabians, they will come out in mass not minding the consequences. If you like kill or arrest them, na you go tire (remind me of how Egyptians protest during Horsen Mubarak). If we the youths are sincere to ourselves and do the needful by genuinely protesting against injustice, nepotism, corruption, poverty, unemployment, accountability, and many more without fear or favour. Because the politicians (Apc, pdp, etc) don't care, all they care about is how they will loot and use it to fight their way back again. Nigerians youths aren't ready yet because they will say I may be kill or arrested (an average Nigerians are like walking corpse).

Did you go out?

1 Like

Re: 40 Revolution Now Protesters Arrested In Abuja By Military Personnel by ZooOga: 12:38pm On Aug 05, 2020
Josnac:
The Jonathan admission wasn't perfect, but things were never as bad as it is now.

He launched a 7-point agenda during his tenure and every developmental indices was judged on the basis of these 7-point agenda..the same cannot be said about PMB and his goons. All they did was mention change while using insurgency in the north as a smokescreen and people got hoodwinked.

Tomorrow they will remind us that they inherited Boko haram and Niger Delta militants, now they have proudly watered the ground for the marauding Fulani herdsmen and bandits ravaging Christian dominated areas of the north.

Today, those who enjoyed taking to the streets to protest against Jonathan at any slight opportunity have either run away to Canada or have suddenly become deaf, dumb and crippled. Karma is a beauty beyond measure!!

I can see one resident sycophant above, who have suddenly taken up the role of a pacifist because their darling daddy is involved..no worry, God go remember una one by one.

One of their key promises was to fight Boko haram while leading from the front, now they have turned the elements of state to fight the citizens while "holed up" in the comfort of Aso rock spending the citizens money to oppress the citizens and borrowing our collective future away.

I like GEJ but you omitted or forgot some info from the past. I remember the chaos in the FCT on Independence Day back in 2010. Today I'm glad that he is still working for the improvement of Naija and ECOWAS.

Bomb Blast: A Burden We Must Live With – Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland
https://www.nairaland.com/832598/bomb-blast-burden-must-live

We Know Sponsors Of Bomb Blasts- President Goodluck Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland
https://www.nairaland.com/832729/know-sponsors-bomb-blasts-president

Jonathan's New Explanation Of Abuja Bomb Blast, Worst Than The First

https://www.nairaland.com/530249/jonathans-new-explanation-abuja-bomb
Re: 40 Revolution Now Protesters Arrested In Abuja By Military Personnel by olajide8(m): 12:38pm On Aug 05, 2020
Ogbeniomo:
Now that you are succeed in removing him what change do u have,both are selfish president,always say the truth My dear

It's not about what have we benefited now- it was about what the situation was then - this is just one of the many escapades that we are quick to forget - we still have the as deal we have the aerotropolis matter we have the deizani matter do I continue to list them? Its painful thou that what we expected we haven't felt it yet, but it is certain corruption is not mad officially part of us and we can still disgrace thieves like those in nddc, nhis, nail people like orji kalu forget the likes of dariye in cell etc - even if we cant prosecute all of them yet
Re: 40 Revolution Now Protesters Arrested In Abuja By Military Personnel by Andrenalin: 12:40pm On Aug 05, 2020
gunners160:

Big mouth way hav u done....
Re: 40 Revolution Now Protesters Arrested In Abuja By Military Personnel by gunners160(m): 12:41pm On Aug 05, 2020
Andrenalin:
Big mouth way hav u done....
Work on your English boy...
Re: 40 Revolution Now Protesters Arrested In Abuja By Military Personnel by LaboPolitics: 12:47pm On Aug 05, 2020
Patrioticman007:
Like Dump Trumpet like PMB they both hate protests as angel death is to mankind.

Let Nigerian youths rally around in 2023 for a realistic change, on the ballot papers, not these skirmishes.

Keep fooling yourself with your boring cliché.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? / Saraki's CCT Trial: What Nigerians Are Saying Will Shock You / Senators Form G77 To Remove EFCC From Presidency Control

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.