Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,442 members, 7,826,701 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 06:49 PM

A Visit To the Beautiful Lekki Art - One of the Biggest Art Markets in Nigeria - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Visit To the Beautiful Lekki Art - One of the Biggest Art Markets in Nigeria (40870 Views)

A Visit To An Aquarium In Downtown Toronto / Animals At Kofar Gamji Park, Kaduna: A Visit After Reopening (Photos & Video) / A Visit To Oniru Beach, Victoria Island, Lagos. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Visit To the Beautiful Lekki Art - One of the Biggest Art Markets in Nigeria by Arobake: 8:47pm On Aug 06, 2020
Take a closer look, dear. Think outside the box. Now, look at the thread like an entrepreneur -
and these are the facts that will strike you:
You dont need to waste time (and some stupidly-priced software) to do market research as to if these would be well-received in the market or not. You read that there were loads of expatriates there. You can see (hear) all the ooohs and aaahs at the beauty of the items.
2. You know where to get the items (I bet if you looked further, you will even see cheaper places in Balogun). But that will come later.
3. You have a good idea of the costs.
What are you all waiting for?!
You could banish that your poverty.
Look for money, not even up to #10'000.00
Buy only 2. Add the cost of your transport, then for profit, add only #500.00

-Aggressively advertise on your Facebook account in the time you spend following and liking and watching vid clips on Fbook. Advertise on Olx and Jumai/Daily deal (or whatever it is called/Konga/Nairaland etc.
-Carry to those high networth offices - banks, oil companies & multinationals in Ikoyi, Lekki, V.I. I"ll give you another tip free of charge: those people are very very well paid but they are also very very well-used. So they have money, but dont have time to relax and visit such markets.
A lot of them also have friends outside the country who would love these items as gifts.

Reinvest your profit till you are a bit comfortable. As a matter of fact, at this stage, you will find friends who will be happy to invest once they see your Account Book (please have an account book from day 0 of the/any business).

What is the worst that could happen if you bought 2? You will definitely sell one. If the business doesnt work? Importantly, you will know you did your best. Saw a crack and gave it a shot.

#This is an opportunity I myself would have jumped at and partnered with someone at home. They will sell like c-r-a-z-y here. Unfortunately I've been burnt too many times by my people.

**Interview between you and a journalist:
Question: Have you always been interested in selling artefacts, sir/ma?

You: no, not at all.

Question: So how did it happen?

You: It was a chance occurrence. Pure luck. I was just browsing through Nairaland one day when I happened to see a thread by travelwaka. And I started the business in bits (of course, you woulda forgotten ME who gave this advice by then). After some time, I started diversifying gradually.

Question: Really?!

You: Yes. And the rest, as they say, is history.

Question: And you have become a multimillionaire 3 times over! W-h-oa!

You: God is great.

Question: what will be your advise to people who want to be entrepreneurs or very poor at the moment?

You: I will say to them, do not despise the day of little beginnings and think after the box. Also, very important pray always.

Journalist: Thank you sir/ma.

You: Thank you too.

One day, the above conversation could be you or anyone, man or woman, reading this today.

Go on, seize the day!

Samsimple:
Chaiii this thread is not for me.. God punish poverty

[img]https:///media/7-30-2020/0-538d.gif[/img]
Re: A Visit To the Beautiful Lekki Art - One of the Biggest Art Markets in Nigeria by Chiggsglover(m): 10:43pm On Aug 06, 2020
I've been here, I love it
Re: A Visit To the Beautiful Lekki Art - One of the Biggest Art Markets in Nigeria by Cousin9999: 5:16am On Aug 09, 2020
Beautiful. Great post, bro.
Re: A Visit To the Beautiful Lekki Art - One of the Biggest Art Markets in Nigeria by RuggedSniper: 12:12pm On Oct 30, 2020
travelwaka:
In my opinion the prices are generally fair
I once got a beautiful artwork for 2500. I saw the same artwork in one of those luxurious art gallery selling for 20,000. Even if you had bought it for 20,000 you won't feel cheated cos the art was worth it.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ethiopian Airline Lands Latest Boeing 787-9 In Abuja With 177 Passengers / Dangerous Crack Below Oworo-Ogudu Bridge (Picture) / Passengers Travelling From Katsina To Kano Burnt To Death In Accident. Graphic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.