Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,428 members, 7,861,193 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 06:37 AM

Edo Assembly impeach Deputy Speaker Idiaye, Elect Asoro As Replacement - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo Assembly impeach Deputy Speaker Idiaye, Elect Asoro As Replacement (28109 Views)

Ogun House Of Assembly Impeach Speaker (Oluomo), elect Elemide / Edo 2020: Yekini Idiaye, 16 Other Lawmakers Back Ize-Iyamu / Breaking: Benue Assembly Impeach APC Speaker (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Edo Assembly impeach Deputy Speaker Idiaye, Elect Asoro As Replacement by searchng4love: 3:51pm On Aug 05, 2020
Indispensable85:

Lol.........did Osho tell u he's looking for a malleable governor?

Wait and see

1 Like

Re: Edo Assembly impeach Deputy Speaker Idiaye, Elect Asoro As Replacement by anonimi: 3:52pm On Aug 05, 2020
NgeneUkwenu:
Him go impeach tire ..... grin grin

Just as your Oshi-omo-Ole go shout tire as he tries vainly to sell his packaged acid-throwing cultist and thief as the willing tool to rob Edo treasury with.
Your coNrade former chairman go shout tire pass vendor.
Anyhow, he may be used to shouting as a retired ejika-ni-shop obioma tailor grin

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12060812_74438269e05545dda3ffd67c00807429_jpeg_jpeg6b3dfb7e87ba642c9d1d76e4a6c2c3c2

6 Likes

Re: Edo Assembly impeach Deputy Speaker Idiaye, Elect Asoro As Replacement by anonimi: 3:54pm On Aug 05, 2020
Drabeey:
Obaseki will be the biggest loser. Wait and see

According to Oshi-omo-Ole and his Association of Past/Present Criminals, APC zonebees

dre11:
FLASHBACK: Oshiomhole once wanted building named after Obaseki for ‘selfless service’

Adams Oshiomhole, national chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), once said Godwin Obaseki, governor of Edo, worked for the state using his brain and creativity.

Oshiomhole, who praised the governor during the governorship campaign of 2016, said a building at the government house should be named after Obaseki for his selfless service.

Oshiomhole said while he was governor of Edo, Obaseki helped him build the economy team of the state with his network.

“I know my limit. He knows his limit. Godwin Obaseki has worked for seven and half years for the people of Edo state, using his brain, creativity, quietly, not making noise,” Oshiomhole said.

“He sits in the office of the economic team which he built using his network of friends inside the heart of government house without demanding one naira.

“A man like that who will not ask me to give him contracts, but will promise me, comrade, you just do the thinking, we will create the means to actualise your thoughts. And to his credit today, check the books of Edo state, we did not build new structures in government house with government money. That economic team office was built through Godwin’s network. Today, it remains a permanent asset of the state government.

“I want us to be calling that building Godwin Obaseki building. I don’t see your opponent Ize-Iyamu being able to say that. In 2007, check the records, Ize-Iyamu was hiding from EFCC. He didn’t not vote. How can somebody who didn’t vote claim that he made me.

“If you have to look at Godwin and his credentials and you look at a man whose only work, by his CV, was a student and rusticated for two years, he read law but he is not a barrister. That is his foundation. I never gave him government job. Lucky Igbinedion’s mother was reported to have slapped Ize-Iyamu for misleading her son. He tried it with me, but we kept him away. Nothing near government circle. No access to public funds.

“Look at the road to his house, in our books, was dual carriage way. They took the money, constructed the road to his house and stopped. Although we have liquidated the godfathers politically, the entire political family will be liquidated.”

https://www.thecable.ng/flashback-oshiomhole-once-wanted-building-named-after-obaseki-for-selfless-service

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4029170_fbimg1469683419948_jpeg25999a82756c4d0b9c521580f964eec4

4 Likes

Re: Edo Assembly impeach Deputy Speaker Idiaye, Elect Asoro As Replacement by martineverest(m): 3:56pm On Aug 05, 2020
searchng4love:

You don't get it. At all. Ize Iyamu or Obaseki.... it's still a lose lose for oshiomole
exactly..ize iyamu will be worse than obaseki' in dealing with Oshiomhole

5 Likes

Re: Edo Assembly impeach Deputy Speaker Idiaye, Elect Asoro As Replacement by oyatainer(m): 3:58pm On Aug 05, 2020
ogbeking:

I really don't think you're completely unaware of the kind of politics we play in this country; as I see your twist of narrative laughable.
He should wait until the 'defected deputy speaker' galvanises support from members-elect who had refused to be sworn-in, impeach the speaker, elect their own, sign and serve an impeachment notice on the governor and deputy; so that they could fight godfatherism from OUTSIDE ? Gosh! We the masses are really more hypocritical.
Even though such a script might not see the light of day, it will surely destabilise the government and heat up the polity the more.FYI, it is godfatherism they're still fighting by this action; so,wake up already. In Nigerian politics there are no saints.

But you expect Oshiomole to fold his arm? End will justify the means.
Re: Edo Assembly impeach Deputy Speaker Idiaye, Elect Asoro As Replacement by mamotalk: 3:58pm On Aug 05, 2020
tesppidd:
Another desperate act of illegality by the 3 credit governor in a party of tax collectors.

If the lawmakers are actually 10 then

Only 7 out of 10 can impeach him.
you go cry till Jesus return

2 Likes

Re: Edo Assembly impeach Deputy Speaker Idiaye, Elect Asoro As Replacement by Dalby(m): 4:02pm On Aug 05, 2020
searchng4love:

You don't get it. At all. Ize Iyamu or Obaseki.... it's still a lose lose for oshiomole

Not true, a win by Ize Iyamu will be a win for Oshiomole. He can continue in politics to become a senator if he so desires or a minister...the future only will tell.

But an Obaseki win will be a total end for him...

Obaseki will be the obvious loser, and will continue his career behind bars. He bit more than he could chew...
Re: Edo Assembly impeach Deputy Speaker Idiaye, Elect Asoro As Replacement by luluosas(m): 4:02pm On Aug 05, 2020
You are crazily mad
Igbosmoker:
He was impeached by 6 lawmakers, this is the same obaseki saying he's fighting godfatherism?? Lmao.

A governor that don't have any achievements to campaign with is a loser,this election will be the most easiest for APC to win in recent times.

We'll know the winner before 1pm

1 Like

Re: Edo Assembly impeach Deputy Speaker Idiaye, Elect Asoro As Replacement by ogubolokento(m): 4:02pm On Aug 05, 2020
Obaseki has the mandate to root out any obstacle using Edo as case study

3 Likes

Re: Edo Assembly impeach Deputy Speaker Idiaye, Elect Asoro As Replacement by Notatribalist(m): 4:05pm On Aug 05, 2020
Igbosmoker:
He was impeached by 6 lawmakers, this is the same obaseki saying he's fighting godfatherism?? Lmao.

A governor that don't have any achievements to campaign with is a loser,this election will be the most easiest for APC to win in recent times.

It's you that does not have the eyes to see.do you want me to name his projects?
Re: Edo Assembly impeach Deputy Speaker Idiaye, Elect Asoro As Replacement by mamotalk: 4:05pm On Aug 05, 2020
mcdokwe:
Why is this charade permitted to go on in Edo state?
What's the fate of the constituents who were denied representation ?

Alas, this country is on autopilot where anybody can determine the direction of governance without due recourse to constitutionality.
who denied them representation? they failed to present themselves for inauguration, expecting the governor to come and beg them at home.
Re: Edo Assembly impeach Deputy Speaker Idiaye, Elect Asoro As Replacement by gotnel: 4:06pm On Aug 05, 2020
Obaseki is fighting the greatest battle of his political career. How this fight ends is a big deal.
How exactly Obaseki and his followers will weather the storm is cumbersome.
The battle field is open, let the brouhaha continue till September 19.
After that day, the dust would have settled. History will be made, either for Obaseki or against him.
We are washing.
Re: Edo Assembly impeach Deputy Speaker Idiaye, Elect Asoro As Replacement by rajoys: 4:06pm On Aug 05, 2020
clarocuzioo:
Obaseki giving it to Oshiomhole back to back. Obaseki even if you loose this election, you have my respect 100% because you fought like a man with large balls, not Ambode that has become the S.I. UNIT of cowardice.

Truely Edo is not Lagos.
When I see post like this, I just laugh. Did you people follow what happened in Lagos at all. If you don't know, let me made it clear to you that Ambode did not behave cowardly at all. He contested primary and lost. If he is a coward, he would have caved in and not participated in the APC primary at all. He decided to remain in APC as a loyal party man and not like prostitutes politicians that most people are in Nigeria. And for your information, if Ambode had decamp to PDP after he lost primary in APC in 2015, Sanwo-olu will still defeat him landslide become the players of Lagos politics were not on his that time . Politicians without ideology, self centered and selfish politicians everywhere and Obaseki is one of them, you don't have your way in primary , so the next thing is to decamp! Politician without an Ideology, is that one a politician?

2 Likes

Re: Edo Assembly impeach Deputy Speaker Idiaye, Elect Asoro As Replacement by Sirdiq21: 4:16pm On Aug 05, 2020
Igbosmoker:

We know u very well
APC

Una go shame die
Up PDP

1 Like

Re: Edo Assembly impeach Deputy Speaker Idiaye, Elect Asoro As Replacement by truthstands01: 4:22pm On Aug 05, 2020
clarocuzioo:
Obaseki giving it to Oshiomhole back to back. Obaseki even if you loose this election, you have my respect 100% because you fought like a man with large balls, not Ambode that has become the S.I. UNIT of cowardice.

Truely Edo is not Lagos.
Absolutely correct.

1 Like

Re: Edo Assembly impeach Deputy Speaker Idiaye, Elect Asoro As Replacement by Eriokanmi: 4:23pm On Aug 05, 2020
Igbosmoker:

story story, stoori
Re: Edo Assembly impeach Deputy Speaker Idiaye, Elect Asoro As Replacement by clarocuzioo(m): 4:28pm On Aug 05, 2020
rajoys:

When I see post like this, I just laugh. Did you people follow what happened in Lagos at all. If you don't know, let me made it clear to you that Ambode did not behave cowardly at all. He contested primary and lost. If he is a coward, he would have caved in and not participated in the APC primary at all. He decided to remain in APC as a loyal party man and not like prostitutes politicians that most people are in Nigeria. And for your information, if Ambode had decamp to PDP after he lost primary in APC in 2015, Sanwo-olu will still defeat him landslide become the players of Lagos politics were not on his that time . Politicians without ideology, self centered and selfish politicians everywhere and Obaseki is one of them, you don't have your way in primary , so the next thing is to decamp! Politician without an Ideology, is that one a politician?

Which nonsense loyal party man. Who loyal party man help. A party that so rubnished, riddiculed, humiliated and disgraced him out, you are talking of loyalty.

He should dumped the party and fought for his political survival.

That makes him the S.I. UNIT of cowardice

2 Likes

Re: Edo Assembly impeach Deputy Speaker Idiaye, Elect Asoro As Replacement by Eriokanmi: 4:29pm On Aug 05, 2020
Mo3891:
grin

E pain Obaseki well well

Just know that all vote casted at wards in the deputy speaker 's constituency would go to Ize Iyamu

I'm from akoko edo constituency 1, imoga to be precise. Idiaye who also hails from my constoruency would regret his action because all the wards chairmen and our LGA chair are behind GO. His one tree can't make a forest. Should i show you the recent campaign rally of GO?
Re: Edo Assembly impeach Deputy Speaker Idiaye, Elect Asoro As Replacement by Obierika(m): 4:48pm On Aug 05, 2020
socialmediaman:
Obaseki is not playing like Ambode grin

You fight fire with fire!

1 Like

Re: Edo Assembly impeach Deputy Speaker Idiaye, Elect Asoro As Replacement by Dminister(m): 4:51pm On Aug 05, 2020
Good move. Obaseki has Edo south and Edo central. Votes from Edo north will be shared between shuiabu and Oshiomole

Let's see how APC win Edo State.

Edo no be Lagos

1 Like

Re: Edo Assembly impeach Deputy Speaker Idiaye, Elect Asoro As Replacement by Hopane(m): 4:52pm On Aug 05, 2020
He Obaseki will be the worst godfather
Re: Edo Assembly impeach Deputy Speaker Idiaye, Elect Asoro As Replacement by Tareq1105: 4:54pm On Aug 05, 2020
mamotalk:

who denied them representation? they failed to present themselves for inauguration, expecting the governor to come and beg them at home.

When would our future leaders begin to speak objectively?
Re: Edo Assembly impeach Deputy Speaker Idiaye, Elect Asoro As Replacement by Hopane(m): 4:55pm On Aug 05, 2020
Apc will win this election clear, bye bye to MOU gov. Let him show us what he as achieved in the last three years and half. A governor that don't even have a single project he can commission. That one na failure.
Re: Edo Assembly impeach Deputy Speaker Idiaye, Elect Asoro As Replacement by UDUJ(m): 5:02pm On Aug 05, 2020
clarocuzioo:

Truely Edo is not Lagos.

cheesy grin cheesy There must be something seriously wrong with you cheesy

How can you say Ambode is the S.I unit of Cowardice cheesy

Nairalanders and bad mouth sha grin

1 Like

Re: Edo Assembly impeach Deputy Speaker Idiaye, Elect Asoro As Replacement by mamotalk: 5:03pm On Aug 05, 2020
Tareq1105:

When would our future leaders begin to speak objectively?
let's be sincere to ourselves. those guys choose to make themselves pawns in the hands of the bigwigs. I think you also know that court has got inputs into the matter.
Re: Edo Assembly impeach Deputy Speaker Idiaye, Elect Asoro As Replacement by Akpacha(m): 5:16pm On Aug 05, 2020
Clear message that edo no be lagos, ambode could not try this. Ambode was boxed and could no make any single move.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ambode Terminates Falomo Shopping Centre Contract / Justice Ofili-Ajumogobia To Remain In EFCC Custody For More 2 Weeks / Lawan, Gbajabiamila Fault Social Investment Programme Implementation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.