Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,300 members, 7,819,019 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:03 AM

Is It Proper To Give Birth Just To Reap From Our Children In Future? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Proper To Give Birth Just To Reap From Our Children In Future? (484 Views)

Dilemma: Would She Be A Problem For Me In Future ? / Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? / Is It Proper To Address Your Partner By His/her Real Name In Public? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Proper To Give Birth Just To Reap From Our Children In Future? by lovdoc: 5:42pm On Aug 05, 2020
Should enjoying the fruit of our labour (just like we say) be our only priority as parents. Loving unconditionally is what I think should be the case, reaping from our children should be secondary.
What do you think about this?

Lalasticlala, RoyalRoy

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper To Give Birth Just To Reap From Our Children In Future? by Mskrisx(f): 8:59pm On Aug 05, 2020
Don’t dare it.
Life has past this particular of events.
Give birth = take care of them anyhow possible=wait for them to start taking care of you someday.
Life has changed. Many “woke” people now with “woke” opinions now.
Never settle with anyone with this typa mentality. Bye

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper To Give Birth Just To Reap From Our Children In Future? by Haywhymido(m): 9:08pm On Aug 05, 2020
hmm
Re: Is It Proper To Give Birth Just To Reap From Our Children In Future? by frozen70(f): 10:19am On Aug 06, 2020
lovdoc:
Should enjoying the fruit of our labour (just like we say) be our only priority as parents. Loving unconditionally is what I think should be the case, reaping from our children should be secondary.
What do you think about this?

Lalasticlala, RoyalRoy

No one gives birth to their children for the purpose of reaping them In the future

Give birth to them and help them to plan for their future

Less children less stress for you and them

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper To Give Birth Just To Reap From Our Children In Future? by yvelchstores(f): 11:10am On Aug 06, 2020
The word of God never goes obsolete.

Proverbs 13:22: A good man leaves an inheritance to his children's children, but the wealth of the sinner is stored up for the righteous.

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper To Give Birth Just To Reap From Our Children In Future? by Nobody: 11:12am On Aug 06, 2020
This was the mentality African parents had, reason they flooded the earth with children. At least if one no do, the other one go do. Their children are the retirement plan.
But they forget that if you don’t take good care of your children from start to finish...nothing to retire to.

But this generation don wise.. infact, some people don’t want kids

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper To Give Birth Just To Reap From Our Children In Future? by Hathor5(f): 11:31am On Aug 06, 2020
It must be balanced.

I believe that children should care for their elderly parents but some African parents take it too far sometimes.

Always remember that your children have to live their lives too and try not to overburden them unnecessarily.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Proper To Give Birth Just To Reap From Our Children In Future? by rhemauni: 7:10am On Aug 07, 2020
Children are retirement plans for most parents.

It should not be so, plan your retirement while training your children within your means.

Children must care for their parents in retirement but parents should not depend totally on them.
Re: Is It Proper To Give Birth Just To Reap From Our Children In Future? by WhisperedNoise: 10:10pm On Aug 08, 2020
yvelchstores:
The word of God never goes obsolete.

Proverbs 13:22: A good man leaves an inheritance to his children's children, but the wealth of the sinner is stored up for the righteous.

#Worddddd

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Which Life Decision Made You A Better Person / . / I Paid My Boyfriend House Rent Last Year And This Year, See What He Did To Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.