Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,008 members, 7,821,534 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:28 PM

Guys Please Help - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Guys Please Help (311 Views)

Guys Please Help! I Can't Install Some Games From Xender / Guys Please Is Umidigi A7 Pro A Good Phone / Guys Please Which Website Is This????? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Guys Please Help by FamousMonk: 8:05pm On Aug 05, 2020
A friend of mine just sent me an Oppo AX5 phone from Australia. After putting my MTN Sim in it,I still can't use it. I'm being told that the mobile carrier settings has been customized and I need to contact the carrier customer care to correct it. Please how do I go about this?
Who do I need to contact?
Oppo or MTN or the Australian network provider?
Who has had a similar experience,please help a brother..
Re: Guys Please Help by Brandonx(m): 8:09pm On Aug 05, 2020
You need to unlock the phone. Nigerian simcards won't work.
If the person had used the phone for a while before bringing it, it would have worked well.
Re: Guys Please Help by FamousMonk: 8:18pm On Aug 05, 2020
Brandonx:
You need to unlock the phone. Nigerian simcards won't work.
If the person had used the phone for a while before bringing it, it would have worked well.
Unlock how please..
Tell me.
He used it for like a year.
Re: Guys Please Help by Brandonx(m): 8:51pm On Aug 05, 2020
FamousMonk:

Unlock how please..
Tell me.
He used it for like a year.
Take it to a phone expert, there's a code they normally request from the phone company or so. I guess the phone didn't come with any simcard probably that's why it's not accepting Nigerian simcards.
I really don't know how this thing works sometimes the phones accept other simcards here other times it doesn't. Like my present phone was used to make calls for a while, it still didn't accept Nigeria simcards I had to unlock it.
Re: Guys Please Help by FamousMonk: 8:56pm On Aug 05, 2020
Brandonx:

Take it to a phone expert, there's a code they normally request from the phone company or so. I guess the phone didn't come with any simcard probably that's why it's not accepting Nigerian simcards.
I really don't know how this thing works sometimes the phones accept other simcards here other times it doesn't. Like my present phone was used to make calls for a while, it still didn't accept Nigeria simcards I had to unlock it.
So all I need to do is take it to a phone expert right and it will surely work?
Re: Guys Please Help by Brandonx(m): 9:07pm On Aug 05, 2020
FamousMonk:

So all I need to do is take it to a phone expert right and it will surely work?
It will work I usually unlock 3k sometimes 5k it depends on the phone but the one I'm using now I was charged 10k.
Your might be a lil bit expensive or cheaper I can't say but it's going to work.
Re: Guys Please Help by FamousMonk: 9:08pm On Aug 05, 2020
Brandonx:

It will work I usually unlock 3k sometimes 5k it depends on the phone but the one I'm using now I was charged 10k.
Your might be a lil bit expensive or cheaper I can't say but it's going to work.
ok thanks bro..
I'll look for a phone expert tomorrow.

(1) (Reply)

Oppo Find X2 Review – Should You Buy? / Unboxing Of The Umidigi A5 Pro And Quick Review / Unlock Your Airtel Vida M2, Zte Mf927u, MF920W+ And Mf920vs Mifi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.