Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,281 members, 7,849,984 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 12:31 PM

Video! Tolulope Arotile's Life Inspired Me To Be Great- ( 5 yrs old Chimamanda ) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Video! Tolulope Arotile's Life Inspired Me To Be Great- ( 5 yrs old Chimamanda ) (1598 Views)

5 Year Old Chimamanda Pays Tribute To Flight Officer Tolulope Arotile ( Video ) / Tolulope Arotile, Nigeria’s First Female Combat Helicopter Pilot, Dies At 23 / Atiku Pays 7-Year-Old Chimamanda's Surgery Bill, Sends Her Back To School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Video! Tolulope Arotile's Life Inspired Me To Be Great- ( 5 yrs old Chimamanda ) by Ninjanaija: 8:19am On Aug 06, 2020
The family builds the society and the society feeds Leadership with leaders. Parents have a patriotic role to play in this nation building.
Re: Video! Tolulope Arotile's Life Inspired Me To Be Great- ( 5 yrs old Chimamanda ) by NEWACADEMY: 8:25am On Aug 06, 2020
Ninjanaija:
The family builds the society and the society feeds Leadership with leaders. Parents have a patriotic role to play in this nation building.
Yes from Family to society to leadership but the leadership has affected the family negatively.
Re: Video! Tolulope Arotile's Life Inspired Me To Be Great- ( 5 yrs old Chimamanda ) by NEWACADEMY: 8:26am On Aug 06, 2020
And the virtuous circle is on. Who will break it. Who will just decide to break it.
Re: Video! Tolulope Arotile's Life Inspired Me To Be Great- ( 5 yrs old Chimamanda ) by NEWACADEMY: 8:29am On Aug 06, 2020
Ordinarily our leaders are supposed to lead the way and break the circle but unfortunately they are not doing it.
Re: Video! Tolulope Arotile's Life Inspired Me To Be Great- ( 5 yrs old Chimamanda ) by NEWACADEMY: 8:36am On Aug 06, 2020
Today, a lot of families are living in abject poverty. Distracted by issues of providing for their families and no mental space to think about patriotism.
Re: Video! Tolulope Arotile's Life Inspired Me To Be Great- ( 5 yrs old Chimamanda ) by NEWACADEMY: 8:37am On Aug 06, 2020
It is so sad.
Re: Video! Tolulope Arotile's Life Inspired Me To Be Great- ( 5 yrs old Chimamanda ) by NEWACADEMY: 8:37am On Aug 06, 2020
Parents struggle to correct their children because they can't provide for them.
Re: Video! Tolulope Arotile's Life Inspired Me To Be Great- ( 5 yrs old Chimamanda ) by NEWACADEMY: 8:41am On Aug 06, 2020
Things are very hard. And Covid 19 has not helped at all. The poorer the people get the more difficult it is to bring up good children that will add value to the society.
Re: Video! Tolulope Arotile's Life Inspired Me To Be Great- ( 5 yrs old Chimamanda ) by Ninjanaija: 8:48am On Aug 06, 2020
NEWACADEMY:
Today, a lot of families are living in abject poverty. Distracted by issues of providing for their families and no mental space to think about patriotism.
They don't have the mental space at all. When they have not eaten. Dealing with so many issues without the help of government. We need leaders who are intellectually sound.
Re: Video! Tolulope Arotile's Life Inspired Me To Be Great- ( 5 yrs old Chimamanda ) by Ninjanaija: 8:51am On Aug 06, 2020
Who can break the issues of Nigeria down to pieces and understand it and proffer practical solutions to them.
Re: Video! Tolulope Arotile's Life Inspired Me To Be Great- ( 5 yrs old Chimamanda ) by Nobody: 8:52am On Aug 06, 2020
SpatialKing:
How can someone death give you inspiration?
Like you were never inspired to be great until the young lady died?
Lol!!!
Re: Video! Tolulope Arotile's Life Inspired Me To Be Great- ( 5 yrs old Chimamanda ) by Nobody: 8:53am On Aug 06, 2020
Jamjoon:
That little girl has no idea what she is talking about...

U think?
Re: Video! Tolulope Arotile's Life Inspired Me To Be Great- ( 5 yrs old Chimamanda ) by Ninjanaija: 8:53am On Aug 06, 2020
NEWACADEMY:
Poverty is a terrible thing.
Re: Video! Tolulope Arotile's Life Inspired Me To Be Great- ( 5 yrs old Chimamanda ) by Nobody: 8:54am On Aug 06, 2020
Ninjanaija:
We talk about past heroes to our children ( great respect to them ) and they struggle to even understand their dressing when you show them picture. Someone like Tolulope is a heroine that children of today can connect with in so many ways.
True
Re: Video! Tolulope Arotile's Life Inspired Me To Be Great- ( 5 yrs old Chimamanda ) by Nobody: 8:54am On Aug 06, 2020
Ninjanaija:
One of the issue we are having as a society is the lack of true heroes. Children love stories with strong characters. If we want to infuse patriotism in children that will urgently need to do, we must tell them about like heroines like Tolu.
That's one to look at it
Re: Video! Tolulope Arotile's Life Inspired Me To Be Great- ( 5 yrs old Chimamanda ) by Nobody: 8:55am On Aug 06, 2020
Oroyo10:
On Channels TV yesterday, a retired general said our soldiers in the front line get about 1000 naira a day for risking their lives for leaders that spend more than that in 1 hour
That's crazy
Re: Video! Tolulope Arotile's Life Inspired Me To Be Great- ( 5 yrs old Chimamanda ) by Nobody: 8:56am On Aug 06, 2020
Oroyo10:
1k is not even enough to feed well in a day. The man most likely has a wife, kids and relatives that depend on him. Those guys are really trying.
They are sacrificing so much
Re: Video! Tolulope Arotile's Life Inspired Me To Be Great- ( 5 yrs old Chimamanda ) by Nobody: 8:57am On Aug 06, 2020
Oroyo10:
Our leaders just need to wake up from this sleep of shame.
They are wide awake and without shame
Re: Video! Tolulope Arotile's Life Inspired Me To Be Great- ( 5 yrs old Chimamanda ) by Nobody: 8:58am On Aug 06, 2020
NEWACADEMY:
The parents of that little child should serve as an example to other parents. We should work towards putting patriotism into our children at a very young age.
Key
Re: Video! Tolulope Arotile's Life Inspired Me To Be Great- ( 5 yrs old Chimamanda ) by Nobody: 8:59am On Aug 06, 2020
NEWACADEMY:
We need to catch them young. At that age is the age you can easily put things into their head.
And it will stick almost for life
Re: Video! Tolulope Arotile's Life Inspired Me To Be Great- ( 5 yrs old Chimamanda ) by Nobody: 9:00am On Aug 06, 2020
Ninjanaija:
While we should keep putting pressure on our leaders, we should also play our role as parents.
Most definitely
Re: Video! Tolulope Arotile's Life Inspired Me To Be Great- ( 5 yrs old Chimamanda ) by Nobody: 9:01am On Aug 06, 2020
Ninjanaija:
Their role is primary and essential
Re: Video! Tolulope Arotile's Life Inspired Me To Be Great- ( 5 yrs old Chimamanda ) by Nobody: 9:03am On Aug 06, 2020
NEWACADEMY:
And the virtuous circle is on. Who will break it. Who will just decide to break it.
We wait to find out
Re: Video! Tolulope Arotile's Life Inspired Me To Be Great- ( 5 yrs old Chimamanda ) by Nobody: 9:04am On Aug 06, 2020
NEWACADEMY:
No space at all
Re: Video! Tolulope Arotile's Life Inspired Me To Be Great- ( 5 yrs old Chimamanda ) by Nobody: 9:05am On Aug 06, 2020
NEWACADEMY:
2pac once said "Don't tell a man what to do if you know you can't feed him"
Re: Video! Tolulope Arotile's Life Inspired Me To Be Great- ( 5 yrs old Chimamanda ) by Nobody: 9:07am On Aug 06, 2020
NEWACADEMY:
Things are very hard. And Covid 19 has not helped at all. The poorer the people get the more difficult it is to bring up good children that will add value to the society.
Poverty is just a source of so many problems
Re: Video! Tolulope Arotile's Life Inspired Me To Be Great- ( 5 yrs old Chimamanda ) by Nobody: 9:08am On Aug 06, 2020
Ninjanaija:
They don't have the mental space at all. When they have not eaten. Dealing with so many issues without the help of government. We need leaders who are intellectually sound.
They have no reason to be patriotic
Re: Video! Tolulope Arotile's Life Inspired Me To Be Great- ( 5 yrs old Chimamanda ) by Saphire16(f): 9:20am On Aug 06, 2020
SpatialKing:
How can someone death give you inspiration?
Like you were never inspired to be great until the young lady died?

most people didn't know about tolu until she died

after she died, her story inspired people

am sure that's what the little girl was trying to say

let's encourage not discourage

we're only concerned about criticising fellow Nigerians and it's a big shame
Re: Video! Tolulope Arotile's Life Inspired Me To Be Great- ( 5 yrs old Chimamanda ) by Saphire16(f): 9:21am On Aug 06, 2020
Oroyo10:
She inspired a lot of us and may her death not be in vain.

amen
Re: Video! Tolulope Arotile's Life Inspired Me To Be Great- ( 5 yrs old Chimamanda ) by Saphire16(f): 9:22am On Aug 06, 2020
Ninjanaija:
Certainly, some touches here and there by the parents but l don't see any fake there. You will be shocked at what children in good schools in Nigeria can do.

atieast she did something in honour of tolu

what have u done?
Re: Video! Tolulope Arotile's Life Inspired Me To Be Great- ( 5 yrs old Chimamanda ) by Saphire16(f): 9:23am On Aug 06, 2020
let's stop d criticism

chimamanda is just 5 years old for crying out loud

and we complain about our leaders everyday while we're not any different
Re: Video! Tolulope Arotile's Life Inspired Me To Be Great- ( 5 yrs old Chimamanda ) by Nobody: 9:24am On Aug 06, 2020
I know!

kerryemudiaga:

U think?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Top 10 Most Evil Dictators Of All Time In Order Of Kill Count / Nigeria Facing Another Secessionist Movement In Southwest Region - Icons News / Obaseki Annihilated Ize Iyamu.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.