Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,643 members, 7,823,829 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:11 PM

I Weep! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Weep! (218 Views)

Nigeria @59: 9 Pictures That Will Make You Weep For Nigeria / I Weep Over Women Marginalisation - Dr Ibijoke Sanwo-olu / Dele Momodu: I Weep For Buhari… His Wife Has Cried Out Endlessly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Weep! by mcdokwe(m): 9:23am On Aug 06, 2020
I weep when I see all happening around here.
I wail even more with the realization that this space mirrors a to a large extent, the stark reality of our Nation and I wail thinking of what it portends to our future, individually and collectively.

Growing up, Social studies was my best subject. Little wonder 'Uncle Johnson' like we fondly called him was one of my favourite teachers at the Police Children School, Sokoto. (No, my Father wasn't a police officer)

It was so because it was fun learning about other people's cultures. Living outside my place of origin, it also presented the opportunity of learning things I didn't learn from home about my own culture.

We interacted effortlessly with people from other cultures and the differences in name meant nothing.

Friendships were built without recourse to linguistic or ethnic differences, if sides were created, it was just for fun and never lasted beyond the period it was meant to serve.
Re: I Weep! by mcdokwe(m): 9:32am On Aug 06, 2020
Nigeria was a great country and we were all proud of it.
Within those classes, our future in it was insured and there were no need to build bridges because there were no divides.

The leaders made sacrifices that brought tears and moulded the sense of patriotism in us.
We knew exactly what we needed to be to make our Nation even greater.

But having grown up, all these seem to be a mirage.

Leadership has proven to be means of primitive accumulation of wealth without regard for human life.

Ethnicity seem to be another name for a wild unending gulf restricting people from ever coexisting peacefully.

All we were taught seem to be just a wishful thinking of those who taught us. We never saw it and we never work for it to come.
Re: I Weep! by DrGoodman: 9:36am On Aug 06, 2020
mcdokwe:
Nigeria was a great country and we were all proud of it.
Within those classes, our future in it was insured and there were no need to build bridges because there were no divides.

That was then. In the present, the type of gulf that exists between each tribe and region in Nigeria makes most people support the disintegration of the space called Nigeria.

It's now too late to patch.

1 Like

Re: I Weep! by mcdokwe(m): 9:43am On Aug 06, 2020
We wanted to be doctors so we could cure not to make money even at the expense of human lives.

We wanted to be soldiers not to intimidate and maim but because we love our country and wish to protect it.

We wanted to be teachers not because there were no jobs but because we loved to interact and groom others.

We wanted to be farmers not because we were poor or to cheat others, but because we loved to watch the seeds sprout and boom.
Re: I Weep! by mcdokwe(m): 10:28am On Aug 06, 2020
The National anthem meant more than just a recital; each word we sang we engraved in our hearts, to follow true when the baton is eventually passed because we believed we were going to lead tomorrow and wanted our future generations to also take pride in the sacrifices we were prepared to make.

Years down the line, I wonder where all those promises went.
I see how beautiful and easy things could be if only we towed the path we all should know is right.

I fail to see the gains of excessive bickering battering going on everywhere.
I fail to see how other people's life meant little to us even when their pain adds no value to us either.

I fail to see how power suits only to serve the purpose of oppression to those who wield it.

I fail to see how those beautiful shades of colours represented by varying cultures seem so gloom and barbaric from a distance.

I fail to how reasonable adults wake up in the morning hungering for fights with people they don't even know.

I fail to see how we all don't see the damage and startle ourselves awake from the nightmare that has become the lives of many and make this nation great as promised.

And for these and more I weep, I weep and hope for a better nation I believe you and I can decide to build and once again take pride in.
Re: I Weep! by orisa37: 2:31pm On Aug 06, 2020
THE LORD WILL FIGHT FOR YOU AND SUPPLY ALL YOUR NEEDS IF ONLY YOU CAN PRAY WHILE YOU WAIT
Re: I Weep! by ican2020: 2:53pm On Aug 06, 2020
Weeping is not the solution, just map out plan on how to provide for yourself and your loved ones.

(1) (Reply)

For Governor Obaseki, It’s Cul-de-sac! / NBA President-elect Condemns Arrest Of Protesters In Nigeria / Service Chiefs Hampering Insecurity War -experts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.