Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,316 members, 7,815,590 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:55 PM

Stop Eating Instant Noodles - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Stop Eating Instant Noodles (489 Views)

5 Dangerous Side Effects Of Eating Instant Noodles | Indomie | Mimee, Honeywell / Dangers Of Eating Instant Noodles Often / Why You Should Stop Eating In Restaurants In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stop Eating Instant Noodles by kiiu(f): 2:18pm On Aug 06, 2020
Let’s talk about the thing almost everyone eats: Instant Noodles – Maggi, Ramen, whatever.

You’ve probably had a lot of those as a kid, as a student, or just as a midnight snack – they’re cheap, delicious, and easy to make.

Here’s the thing about instant noodles though – they’re garbage for you.

You’re probably aware that they’re bad for you, but you’re probably not aware of exactly how bad they are.

Let’s talk about how instant noodles are made:

It first starts with refined wheat flour (Maida). Refined wheat flour is made from processed wheat.

This processing involves removal of the endosperm of the wheat from the wheat germ and the bran.

The process also strips the wheat of almost all of its nutritional content – practically all of what is left is processed carbohydrates.

Maida has a high glycaemic index (GI) – in other words, it causes your body to release a lot of sugar in your body quickly. This leads to a similar sharp insulin response – and over time will lead to insulin resistance and type 2 diabetes.

This refined wheat flour is given the round noodle shape in a machine and is then deep fried in vegetable oil (usually Palm Oil) to help the noodle keep that long-lasting brick shape.

Maggi Palm Oil
Source: Maggi.in
Palm oil is like any other vegetable oil – it’ll give you obesity, high cholesterol, clogged arteries, etc.

It’s bad news all around.

That’s all that the “noodle” portion is – highly processed flour full of highly processed carbs that have been fried in highly processed vegetable oil. Read More: https://shrinkme.io/6ljxTo
Re: Stop Eating Instant Noodles by Goldp5988(f): 2:31pm On Aug 06, 2020
I don suffer, na my food be that oh, tx for the info.
Re: Stop Eating Instant Noodles by Ugaboy: 2:34pm On Aug 06, 2020
Are u threaten the brand companies or you want to kill our joy

2 Likes

Re: Stop Eating Instant Noodles by DuBLINGreenb(m): 2:37pm On Aug 06, 2020
Impossible
Re: Stop Eating Instant Noodles by Enyari: 6:21pm On Aug 06, 2020
Before you know it would be, don't drink water again.
Re: Stop Eating Instant Noodles by meobizy(f): 8:13pm On Aug 06, 2020
I will stop eating it when I die.

(1) (Reply)

Talk To A Female Gynecologist. Lets Talk! / ONOCHIE- I Thought Dr Onyema Who Is Running Pfizer's Covid-19 Trial In Yale / 7 Body Organs You Can Live Without

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.