Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,918 members, 7,824,859 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 07:27 PM

Pastor Chris Okotie Warns Christians Not To Wear Face Masks To Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Chris Okotie Warns Christians Not To Wear Face Masks To Church (1193 Views)

FFK Blasts Rev Chris Okotie For 'insulting' Late Prophet T.B Joshua / Chris Okotie Celebrates His 62nd Birthday Today / Imam Of Peace Warns Christians To Wakeup, Else Radical Muslim Will Consume Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor Chris Okotie Warns Christians Not To Wear Face Masks To Church by Amotolongbo(f): 7:03pm On Aug 06, 2020

The Senior Pastor of the Household of God Church, Chris Okotie, has claimed that wearing face masks to church, is against the finished work of Jesus Christ on the cross.

Okotie stated this in a 28-minute broadcast to his congregants sent via WhatsApp.

The cleric also insisted he will not open his church.

Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, last week announced that religious centres will reopen from August 7.

Sanwo-Olu, however, made it clear that churches and mosques can only open once a week and operate at 50 percent of its normal capacity.

Also, COVID-19 standard prevention and control measures such as temperature checks, use of face masks and physical distancing must be adhered to.

But Okotie said: “When a man is standing before God in church wearing a shield or mask, he is denying the finished work of the cross.

“Before we offer our sacrifices and lift up holy hands before God, we must make sure that everything is decent and in order”.

“We must only follow the protocols outlined in the Bible, not any directive that violates the basic tenets of our faith.”

https://dailypost.ng/2020/08/06/pastor-chris-okotie-warns-christians-not-to-wear-face-masks-to-church-gives-reasons/
Re: Pastor Chris Okotie Warns Christians Not To Wear Face Masks To Church by Nobody: 7:08pm On Aug 06, 2020
Why does this man like flouting govt orders? Even the Bible say to obey all that are in authority.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Okotie Warns Christians Not To Wear Face Masks To Church by Amotolongbo(f): 7:10pm On Aug 06, 2020
Lalasticlala Dominique Mynd44
Re: Pastor Chris Okotie Warns Christians Not To Wear Face Masks To Church by StandardJohn(m): 7:13pm On Aug 06, 2020
And the gullible members will obey him and risk their lives. Most times the things i see online scares me and this happens to come from the mouth of a preacher.
Re: Pastor Chris Okotie Warns Christians Not To Wear Face Masks To Church by Kobojunkie: 7:14pm On Aug 06, 2020
Brachaa:
Why does this man like flouting govt orders? Even the Bible say to obey all that are in authority.
The man is not flouting the government at all. He is instead making sure to do everything his anti-Christ mind has been programmed to do, in his fight for his glory.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Okotie Warns Christians Not To Wear Face Masks To Church by Amotolongbo(f): 7:15pm On Aug 06, 2020
If Jesus Christ is on earth today, he will also wear the face mask or shield.

Jesus didn’t flout any rules and law given by the authorities in his time

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Okotie Warns Christians Not To Wear Face Masks To Church by Razzness(m): 7:16pm On Aug 06, 2020
Abide by this statement at ur own peril.
Re: Pastor Chris Okotie Warns Christians Not To Wear Face Masks To Church by HundHunter(m): 7:17pm On Aug 06, 2020
The Oracle has spoken.

Let he that have ears listen to the Man of God and do the right thing.

Remember Covid-19 is real .
Re: Pastor Chris Okotie Warns Christians Not To Wear Face Masks To Church by gsegun43: 7:17pm On Aug 06, 2020
Brachaa:

He is not flouting any order. He is smart thats why he will not open his church.
Re: Pastor Chris Okotie Warns Christians Not To Wear Face Masks To Church by Nobody: 7:17pm On Aug 06, 2020
Kobojunkie:
The man is not flouting the government at all. He is instead making sure to do everything his anti-Christ mind has him do for his glory.

Na wa o. And his members too will obey him.
Re: Pastor Chris Okotie Warns Christians Not To Wear Face Masks To Church by Kobojunkie: 7:19pm On Aug 06, 2020
Amotolongbo:
Also, COVID-19 standard prevention and control measures such as temperature checks, use of face masks and physical distancing must be adhered to.
But Okotie said: “When a man is standing before God in church wearing a shield or mask, he is denying the finished work of the cross.
“Before we offer our sacrifices and lift up holy hands before God, we must make sure that everything is decent and in order”.
“We must only follow the protocols outlined in the Bible, not any directive that violates the basic tenets of our faith.”
/
Wait, is He suggesting that God moved His residence online during the Covid-19 lockdown but is now back to living inside of the churches built with the hands of these so-called MOGs?
God remains a toy of some sort to these MOGs

Re: Pastor Chris Okotie Warns Christians Not To Wear Face Masks To Church by Nobody: 7:21pm On Aug 06, 2020
Amotolongbo:

Exactly. He led by example. But some men of God these days want to over do things.

Humility is all we need to be true Christians. That's one thing I like PST Adeboye. He'll adhere to every law and order of govt to avoid being dragged into any form of scandal.

Jesus says "give what belongs to Caesar to him and what belongs to God to Him".
Re: Pastor Chris Okotie Warns Christians Not To Wear Face Masks To Church by Kobojunkie: 7:24pm On Aug 06, 2020
Brachaa:
Exactly. He led by example. But some men of God these days want to over do things.
Humility is all we need to be true Christians. That's one thing I like PST Adeboye. He'll adhere to every law and order of govt to avoid being dragged into any form of scandal.
Jesus says "give what belongs to Caesar to him and what belongs to God to Him".
Oh please! Is it before or after he comes back to tell us, when caught in some of the same, that he was only talking to his children and only they could understand the meaning in what he said?

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Okotie Warns Christians Not To Wear Face Masks To Church by Nobody: 7:25pm On Aug 06, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Oh please! Is it before or after he comes back to tell us, when caught in some of the same, that he was only talking to his children and only they could understand the meaning in what he said?

Lol... You don start? I dont have strength biko. grin
Re: Pastor Chris Okotie Warns Christians Not To Wear Face Masks To Church by Kobojunkie: 7:28pm On Aug 06, 2020
Brachaa:
Lol... You don start? I dont have strength biko. grin
You know God cannot lie - He is the truth... Let man be a liar and God be true --- Paul.
Re: Pastor Chris Okotie Warns Christians Not To Wear Face Masks To Church by Nobody: 7:32pm On Aug 06, 2020
Kobojunkie:
You know God cannot lie - He is the truth... Let man be a liar and God be true --- Paul.

Did PST Adeboye lie? undecided he only said he was talking to his children when people started picking offence. He's a man of peace. that's all.
Re: Pastor Chris Okotie Warns Christians Not To Wear Face Masks To Church by Kobojunkie: 7:36pm On Aug 06, 2020
Brachaa:
Did PST Adeboye lie? undecided he only said he was talking to his children when people started picking offence. He's a man of peace. that's all.
They all parade themselves as 'men of peace' don't they?? Adeboye, like Kumuyi, has blinded millions of lives as far as God's truth is concerned, teaching doctrines that are not even in line with the gospel of Jesus Christ, all in the name of God.
Re: Pastor Chris Okotie Warns Christians Not To Wear Face Masks To Church by Nobody: 7:42pm On Aug 06, 2020
Kobojunkie:
They all parade themselves as 'men of peace' don't they?? Adeboye, like Kumuyi, has blinded millions of lives as far as God's truth is concerned, teaching doctrines that are not even in line with the gospel of Jesus Christ, all in the name of God.

Hm.. KJ, don't start. Just let them be. You know its not in your place to judge them.

Anyways, hope you're preparing to go to Church this Sunday. Heheheheee grin
Re: Pastor Chris Okotie Warns Christians Not To Wear Face Masks To Church by Kobojunkie: 7:45pm On Aug 06, 2020
Brachaa:
Hm.. KJ, don't start. Just let them be. You know its not in your place to judge them.
Anyways, hope you're preparing to go to Church this Sunday. Heheheheee grin
Let them be? Do you realize how many have been rendered BLIND to the very truth of God by these men? Do you realize the level of indoctrination we are speaking of here? Generations being raised to believe the lies of these men, refusing to open their eyes to the Truth of God as it is written in that Bible which you carry today?
Do you even realize what it may mean for all of them if they go to their graves blind still to the very truth that is Jesus Christ? We are talking of the same message that Jesus Christ preached over 2000 years ago, which is still the same message that is contained in that Bible you have there.
And yes, most of these indoctrinated souls(99.9999%) are not born again/not followers of Jesus Christ... they don't know God. They are blind to God Himself. By imbibing the doctrines and traditions of these men, they have become blind to God and remain lost to Him.

Re: Pastor Chris Okotie Warns Christians Not To Wear Face Masks To Church by Nobody: 7:48pm On Aug 06, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Let them be? Do you realize how many have been rendered BLIND to the very truth of God by these men? Do you realize the level of indoctrination we are speaking of here? Generations being raised to believe the lies of these men, refusing to open their eyes to the Truth of God as it is written in that Bible which you carry today?

Have you ever sat under their preaching to be able to assert all these?
Ok you open a Church let see how it goes. tongue
Re: Pastor Chris Okotie Warns Christians Not To Wear Face Masks To Church by Righteousness89(m): 7:55pm On Aug 06, 2020
Mask or no Mask! What is Neccessary to all and Sundry is that we Protect our Hearts from Evil..

What is Neccessary is that we have a Constant check on ourselves and Repent where Necessary!

What is Neccessary is that we make Peace with all and Ensure that we are Prepared for Eternity!

That's all that is Important!
Re: Pastor Chris Okotie Warns Christians Not To Wear Face Masks To Church by Kobojunkie: 7:57pm On Aug 06, 2020
Brachaa:
Have you ever sat under their preaching to be able to assert all these?
Ok you open a Church let see how it goes. tongue
Sat under? I happen to have been dragged to their churches during my 'formative' years... even then, my heart knew they were not men of God. I tried to warn my mum of their teachings but I was a kid... what did I know, right?
Yep, I was there in deeper life when we used to watch horror flicks(hell fire movies) on Fridays. I was also there when 'God' began to change His mind about our dressing, wearing of jewelry and makeup, watching of tv, doing of hair, wearing of casual clothing etc. I was there when it all started and even I knew it was not God then, but who would listen to me... I was just a "tormented" child to those adults who were too blind to see what is written in the book and how it stands in contradiction to what was happening.
Adeboye's church I also attended briefly and not too long ago, while searching for God, only in 2017-2018, God confirmed what He had been trying to tell me since I was a child, that He was not in those churches of men.. your church (world) is built on doctrines and traditions that nullify the power of God. So how can God be in them?
These men are no different from the motivational speakers of the world... only their message, by inserting God in it, is designed to deceive those who seek to know God, and not the rest of the world. Jesus Christ warned vehemently against these sort of people.

Opening a church? Did Jesus Christ tell you anywhere in His teaching that He wants you or anyone to open a church?

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Okotie Warns Christians Not To Wear Face Masks To Church by Nobody: 8:04pm On Aug 06, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Sat under? I happen to have been dragged to their churches during my 'formative' years... even then, my heart knew they were not men of God. I tried to warn my mum of their teachings but I was a kid... what did I know, right?
Yep, I was there in deeper life when we used to watch horror flicks(hell fire movies) on Fridays. I was also there when 'God' began to change His mind about our dressing, wearing of jewelry and makeup, watching of tv, doing of hair, wearing of casual clothing etc. I was there when it all started and even I knew it was not God then, but who would listen to me... I was just a "tormented" child to those adults who were too blind to see what is written in the book and how it stands in contradiction to what was happening.
Adeboye's church I also attended briefly and not too long ago, while searching for God, only in 2017-2018, God confirmed what He had been trying to tell me since I was a child, that He was not in those churches of men.. your church (world) is built on doctrines and traditions that nullify the power of God. So how can God be in them?
These men are no different from the motivational speakers of the world... only their message, by inserting God in it, is designed to deceive those who seek to know God, and not the rest of the world. Jesus Christ warned vehemently against these sort of people.

Opening a church? Did Jesus Christ tell you anywhere in His teaching that He wants you or anyone to open a church?

Lol.. This guy, you're so funny. Hahahahahahaaaa I can't stop laughing abeg. Ok.

So na from small this your stubbornness don start? Hehehehe... Ok o.

Errrmm... The Bible says do not forsake the assembly of the brethren. Jesus Christ also taught in the synagogues ( present day church) so Why can't you open a church?

Open o. Me I'll attend but I'll use laugh chase all your members by the time you're done preaching and arguing with them hehehehe... aaahhh.. Kobojunkie abeg leave me alone.
Re: Pastor Chris Okotie Warns Christians Not To Wear Face Masks To Church by Nobody: 8:06pm On Aug 06, 2020
grin
Re: Pastor Chris Okotie Warns Christians Not To Wear Face Masks To Church by Kobojunkie: 8:27pm On Aug 06, 2020
Brachaa:
Lol.. This guy, you're so funny. Hahahahahahaaaa I can't stop laughing abeg. Ok.
So na from small this your stubbornness don start? Hehehehe... Ok o.
Thank God for it too or I would have become a ZOMBIE serving the whims of these so-called MOGs. The very fact that I was able to detect the lie in their course from a very young age (cool should tell you that it was indeed God and not the work of man.
I remember some pastors trying on several occassions to cast out the demon they claimed tormented me and kept me from their god.... LOL....
Brachaa:
Errrmm... The Bible says do not forsake the assembly of the brethren. Jesus Christ also taught in the synagogues ( present day church) so Why can't you open a church?
Jesus Christ never said that! And if you read the Bible carefully, you will understand that only that which God Himself has asserted is law over you.

Paul in that one verse was advising his friends, in a particular, situation... Christians at the time were being persecuted, and so some began avoiding the doing of the work of God(work which they did during their gatherings) in order that they not be captured. Mind you, during the gatherings in question, Christians did not sit around clapping hands or listening to sermons. No, they were out and about taking care of the sick, visiting those in prison, feeding the hungry, clothing the naked, etc. Nothing like the inane tradition you have in your church buildings today.

Acts 2 vs 42
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
42. And they devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching and the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and the prayers.
43. And awe[d] came upon every soul, and many wonders and signs were being done through the apostles.
44. And all who believed were together and had all things in common.
45. And they were selling their possessions and belongings and distributing the proceeds to all, as any had need.
46. And day by day, attending the temple together and breaking bread in their homes, they received their food with glad and generous hearts,
47. praising God and having favor with all the people. And the Lord added to their number day by day those who were being saved.
The example below is what believers did day by day during their gatherings.

Also, remember, there were no such things as CHURCH buildings back then too. That was never part of Jesus Christ's plan and certainly not practiced by the Apostles either.
Have you never asked yourself why that one and only verse in the entire bible is used to justify the building of churches(world) in most every corner of Nigeria today?

The same Paul said that God does not inhabit man-made structures... why ignore that statement by the same Paul, just so you can continue to believe that one line is all that is necessary to build for God? Stephen said it...

Stephen's Address to the Sanhedrin
Acts 7 vs 48
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
48. However, the Most High does not live in houses made by human hands. As the prophet says:
49. ‘Heaven is My throne and the earth is My footstool. What kind of house will you build for Me, says the Lord, or where will My place of repose be?…

Paul repeated it since the prophet Isaiah made it known to all.

Acts 17:24
22. Then Paul stood up before the meeting of the Areopagus council and said, “Men of Athens, everything I see here tells me you are very religious.
23. I was going through your city and I saw the things you worship. I found an altar that had these words written on it: ‘ to an unknown god.’ You worship a god that you don’t know. This is the God I want to tell you about.
24. “He is the God who made the whole world and everything in it. He is the Lord of the land and the sky. He does not live in temples built by human hands.
25. He is the one who gives people life, breath, and everything else they need. He does not need any help from them. He has everything he needs.
26. God began by making one man, and from him he made all the different people who live everywhere in the world. He decided exactly when and where they would live.

God even said this in Isaiah

Isaiah 66 vs1
1. This is what the Lord says:“ Heaven is my throne,and the earth is where I rest my feet. So do you think you can build a house for me? Do I need a place to rest?
2. I am the one who made all things. They are all here because I made them,” says the Lord. “These are the people I care for: the poor, humble people who obey my commands.
3. Some people kill bulls as a sacrifice, but they also beat people.They kill sheep as a sacrifice, but they also break the necks of dogs.They offer up grain offerings, but they also offer the blood of pigs.[a]They burn incense, but they also love their worthless idols.They choose their own ways, and they love their terrible idols.
4. So I decided to use their own tricks. I will punish them using what they are most afraid of. I will do this because I called to them, but they did not answer. I spoke to them, but they did not listen. They did what I said is evil. They chose to do what I did not like.”
5. You who obey the Lord’s commands, listen to what he says: “Your brothers hated you. They turned against you because you followed me. Your brothers said, ‘When the Lord shows his glory, then we will rejoice with you.’ But they will be punished.”
Brachaa:
Open o. Me I'll attend but I'll use laugh chase all your members by the time you're done preaching and arguing with them hehehehe... aaahhh.. Kobojunkie abeg leave me alone.
Open your eyes... The Truth of God is right in your very hands and you do not need any human being to see what is written as it is written. It is when you convince yourself that a 'special interpretation' is needed, that is when you seek out other men to explain for you what is right in front of you.

Let God be God, and man be a liar. God said He will teach you about Himself... no longer will you need to consult your neighbor or other humans to learn His Truth. Let God be True and man a liar... Open your eyes and learn to Trust God at His word.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Okotie Warns Christians Not To Wear Face Masks To Church by delkuf(m): 8:28pm On Aug 06, 2020
Brachaa:
Did you get what he said. Jesus Christ have destroy the Vail. So there must be no Vail in form of mask
Re: Pastor Chris Okotie Warns Christians Not To Wear Face Masks To Church by Kobojunkie: 8:29pm On Aug 06, 2020
delkuf:
Did you get what he said. Jesus Christ have destroy the Vail. So there must be no Vail in form of mask
You dare to compare the temple curtains which tore on the death of Jesus Christ to face masks?

Re: Pastor Chris Okotie Warns Christians Not To Wear Face Masks To Church by delkuf(m): 8:32pm On Aug 06, 2020
Amotolongbo:

https://dailypost.ng/2020/08/06/pastor-chris-okotie-warns-christians-not-to-wear-face-masks-to-church-gives-reasons/
The man said he is not opening his church, so why are you guy criticizing him. He didn't say people should not come to church, he said because of the virus, he don't want people to come to his church with face mask, so he is not opening his church.
Re: Pastor Chris Okotie Warns Christians Not To Wear Face Masks To Church by delkuf(m): 8:34pm On Aug 06, 2020
Kobojunkie:
You dare to compare the temple curtains which tore on the death of Jesus Christ to face masks?
Please read 2 Corinthians 3:13-18. And please I wasn't referring to you
Re: Pastor Chris Okotie Warns Christians Not To Wear Face Masks To Church by delkuf(m): 8:36pm On Aug 06, 2020
Amotolongbo:

Really. If Jesus is on earth today he will wear face mask.
Re: Pastor Chris Okotie Warns Christians Not To Wear Face Masks To Church by Kobojunkie: 8:40pm On Aug 06, 2020
delkuf:
The man said he is not opening his church, so why are you guy criticizing him. He didn't say people should not come to church, he said because of the virus, he don't want people to come to his church with face mask, so he is not opening his church.
I suggest you re-read his statement.
Amotolongbo:
All this man is trying to do, yet again, is drag the name of God in the mud for his personal glory.

God and the cross has nothing to do with our wearing of a mask in this day and age. God never said we should not wear face masks.... Nothing in the bible suggests that it is not allowed because of Calvary.
Re: Pastor Chris Okotie Warns Christians Not To Wear Face Masks To Church by delkuf(m): 8:43pm On Aug 06, 2020
Kobojunkie:
I suggest you re-read his statement.
All this man is trying to do, yet again, is drag the name of God in the mud for his personal glory.

God and the cross has nothing to do with our wearing of a mask in this day and age. God never said we should not wear face masks.... Nothing in the bible suggests that it is not allowed because of Calvary.
What is your problem with what he said. Is it because he said people should not come to church with face mask or he is not opening his church

(1) (2) (Reply)

Will The Earth Be Destroyed? / Video Of Man Being Nailed To Cross / Are Satan Worshippers In The House?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.