Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,851 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:40 AM

Meet My Boerboel RIO - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Meet My Boerboel RIO (3168 Views)

Meet My Latest Girl, Lady Shasha / Meet My Indoor Rottweiler - Khal Drogo / My Boerboel And Neapolitan Mastiff All Grown And Sexy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet My Boerboel RIO by debby204: 7:35pm On Aug 06, 2020
I got RIO 3weeks ago and he is really growing big...he will be 12weeks this coming Sunday...please rate him over 10�

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet My Boerboel RIO by debby204: 7:42pm On Aug 06, 2020
Rio

1 Like

Re: Meet My Boerboel RIO by ReorxTohGan(m): 7:55pm On Aug 06, 2020
beautiful pup u've got bro..but who cropped the doggo's tail that bad??

1 Like

Re: Meet My Boerboel RIO by Emmanuelcann: 8:12pm On Aug 06, 2020
I rate him 8.

1 Like

Re: Meet My Boerboel RIO by prinzetobi: 8:21pm On Aug 06, 2020
Lovely

1 Like

Re: Meet My Boerboel RIO by debby204: 8:22pm On Aug 06, 2020
[quote author=ReorxTohGan post=92530947]beautiful pup u've got bro..but who cropped the doggo's tail that bad??[/
I like the tail like that
Re: Meet My Boerboel RIO by debby204: 8:25pm On Aug 06, 2020
prinzetobi:
Lovely
thank you
Re: Meet My Boerboel RIO by debby204: 8:25pm On Aug 06, 2020
ReorxTohGan:
beautiful pup u've got bro..but who cropped the doggo's tail that bad??
i like the tail like that
Re: Meet My Boerboel RIO by ReorxTohGan(m): 8:47pm On Aug 06, 2020
debby204:
i like the tail like that
looks half a tail to me tho..Anyways it's your dog smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet My Boerboel RIO by prinzetobi: 12:24am On Aug 07, 2020
debby204:
thank you
Do pay attention to his feet though so they do not splay. Probably nothing serious, just a resultant effect of weight gain I guess.
Re: Meet My Boerboel RIO by sholay2011(m): 2:29am On Aug 07, 2020
Fine pup

1 Like

Re: Meet My Boerboel RIO by amizzy48(m): 3:40am On Aug 07, 2020
Nice BB

1 Like

Re: Meet My Boerboel RIO by debby204: 8:04am On Aug 07, 2020
prinzetobi:

Do pay attention to his feet though so they do not splay. Probably nothing serious, just a resultant effect of weight gain I guess.
okay noted

1 Like

Re: Meet My Boerboel RIO by PAQ(m): 11:32am On Aug 07, 2020
Beautiful dog. About the same age as my Zee, she's a bitch!

I cant grade him as i am owning a boerboel for the first time, but from what i see he is good. I update Zee's diary with weekly pictures to document her growth.

Check out Zee's thread.

1 Like

Re: Meet My Boerboel RIO by Haroldjunior: 2:31pm On Aug 07, 2020
That's a very handsome pup. He looks quality. Feed him properly and you will enjoy him. I wish him good health. I rate him a 10/10.

1 Like

Re: Meet My Boerboel RIO by Esupofo004: 2:46pm On Aug 07, 2020
how do you feed him PLEASE
Re: Meet My Boerboel RIO by debby204: 4:08pm On Aug 07, 2020
PAQ:
Beautiful dog. About the same age as my Zee, she's a bitch!

I cant grade him as i am owning a boerboel for the first time, but from what i see he is good. I update Zee's diary with weekly pictures to document her growth.

Check out Zee's thread.
okay
Re: Meet My Boerboel RIO by debby204: 4:09pm On Aug 07, 2020
Haroldjunior:
That's a very handsome pup. He looks quality. Feed him properly and you will enjoy him. I wish him good health. I rate him a 10/10.
thank you
Re: Meet My Boerboel RIO by debby204: 4:13pm On Aug 07, 2020
Esupofo004:
how do you feed him PLEASE
3 times daily...Chicken, dry food, can food, fish, beef and I also give him two eggs daily
Re: Meet My Boerboel RIO by Haroldjunior: 7:30pm On Aug 07, 2020
debby204:
3 times daily...Chicken, dry food, can food, fish, beef and I also give him two eggs daily
One egg is enough. And I hope you cook the eggs before giving him to avoid salmonella which is very infectious to both humans and other animals. Also, mind how much food you give him, so he doesn't get obese. At this stage you need work him to bring out his muscles. The dry food and chicken is enough source of protein for him, maybe one egg too, he's already heavy enough now. Cuz excess protein is stored as fats in dogs. Please note that a fat dog is not a healthy dog.

2 Likes

Re: Meet My Boerboel RIO by Nobody: 7:40pm On Aug 07, 2020
I love your dog bruh ! I'll give him 9/10 coz you cropped his tail .
Re: Meet My Boerboel RIO by debby204: 9:32pm On Aug 07, 2020
Haroldjunior:

One egg is enough. And I hope you cook the eggs before giving him to avoid salmonella which is very infectious to both humans and other animals. Also, mind how much food you give him, so he doesn't get obese. At this stage you need work him to bring out his muscles. The dry food and chicken is enough source of protein for him, maybe one egg too, he's already heavy enough now. Cuz excess protein is stored as fats in dogs. Please note that a fat dog is not a healthy dog.
okay...thank you so much
Re: Meet My Boerboel RIO by TamedWhisperer(m): 10:19pm On Aug 07, 2020
Haroldjunior:

The eggs don't have to be cooked though, raw eggs are perfectly safe and contains more nutrients (yoke, egg white and even the shell - the whole damn thing) than cooked eggs. Also, salmonella infection does nothing against dogs as their digestive system is riddled with such bacteria. Fun fact: I take raw eggs

Think about dogs that scavenge food from the trash or dogs that eat their poop or even the ones that rid your compound of rodents grin. Their digestive system was built for those kind of things.

I'll stick to one whole (egg white + yoke + shell - the shell is a very good source of calcium) egg a day though.

P.S: Lovely dog

Disclaimer: I am neither a vet nor a nutritionist just a dog lover. Above recommendation is based off of months of research (articles, academic papers, YouTube) on Raw Feeding because I intend getting a pup soon thereby sourcing for the best feeding for it.

I can provide links to resources if you are intrigued enough
Re: Meet My Boerboel RIO by PAQ(m): 12:28am On Aug 08, 2020
TamedWhisperer:

The eggs don't have to be cooked though, raw eggs are perfectly safe and contains more nutrients (yoke, egg white and even the shell - the whole damn thing) than cooked eggs. Also, salmonella infection does nothing against dogs as their digestive system is riddled with such bacteria. Fun fact: I take raw eggs

Think about dogs that scavenge food from the trash or dogs that eat their poop or even the ones that rid your compound of rodents grin. Their digestive system was built for those kind of things.

I'll stick to one whole (egg white + yoke + shell - the shell is a very good source of calcium) egg a day though.

Disclaimer: I am neither a vet nor a nutritionist just a dog lover. Above recommendation is based off of months of research (articles, academic papers, YouTube) on Raw Feeding because I intend getting a pup soon thereby sourcing for the best feeding for it.

Egg shells are very easy source of calcium. I dry mine then blend to powder. Whenever i feed my dog i also add a spoon full.

1 Like

Re: Meet My Boerboel RIO by gman55(m): 2:50am On Aug 08, 2020
Your dog is dope, which breeder did you get him from? Thanks
Re: Meet My Boerboel RIO by debby204: 7:46am On Aug 08, 2020
gman55:
Your dog is dope, which breeder did you get him from? Thanks
JT kennels 08166477958
Re: Meet My Boerboel RIO by Haroldjunior: 8:04am On Aug 08, 2020
TamedWhisperer:

Bro, those are dogs that scavenge, their systems adapted to such, you shouldn't compare them to home raised dogs. Also, this is still a puppy, his system is obviously not strong enough. Please, do more research on the down side of feeding raw eggs to puppies. Raw feeding is also good, but still, hygiene has a lot to play when it comes to that. Do you also know that prolonged feeding of raw egg whites can also lead to a biotin deficiency, as they contain an enzyme that ties up biotin and prevents absorption of biotin into the body. Just because raw feeding favours you, doesn't mean it will favour this bros. Different breed of dogs have different system tolerance levels. I strongly stand against advising him to feed his dog raw eggs. P-S: Feeding raw eggs may not be totally harmful, but to an extent, cuz he's still a puppy. I am not yet certified, but I'm an animal scientist.

1 Like

Re: Meet My Boerboel RIO by TamedWhisperer(m): 1:06pm On Aug 08, 2020
Haroldjunior:

Bro, those are dogs that scavenge, their systems adapted to such, you shouldn't compare them to home raised dogs. Also, this is still a puppy, his system is obviously not strong enough. Please, do more research on the down side of feeding raw eggs to puppies. Raw feeding is also good, but still, hygiene has a lot to play when it comes to that. Do you also know that prolonged feeding of raw egg whites can also lead to a biotin deficiency, as they contain an enzyme that ties up biotin and prevents absorption of biotin into the body. Just because raw feeding favours you, doesn't mean it will favour this bros. Different breed of dogs have different system tolerance levels. I strongly stand against advising him to feed his dog raw eggs. P-S: Feeding raw eggs may not be totally harmful, but to an extent, cuz he's still a puppy. I am not yet certified, but I'm an animal scientist.

Bro, those are dogs that scavenge, their systems adapted to such, you shouldn't compare them to home raised dogs

Because a dog is house raised does not change its internals. The dogs digestive system is built for such. It's like saying because you raised a Lion indoors with kibble, his digestive system can not accommodate raw meat anymore.

Do you also know that prolonged feeding of raw egg whites can also lead to a biotin deficiency, as they contain an enzyme that ties up biotin and prevents absorption of biotin into the body

The enzyme you speak of is Avidin. That is present in egg whites and as long as you feed the dog the whole egg (yoke, egg white, shell), biotin deficiency is not a worry (egg yoke contains more than enough biotin). The biotin deficiency you mention can only occur when you feed your pup only raw eggs crazy amounts a week (which is not the case here) and as its only meal. But, as long as the meal is balanced this is not something to worry about. https://www.dogsnaturallymagazine.com/feeding-your-dog-raw-eggs-good-or-bad/

I strongly stand against advising him to feed his dog raw eggs.

I was only debunking the fact that you said raw eggs are bad for dogs and was trying to educate both you and the OP.

Please, do more research on the down side of feeding raw eggs to puppies

Chief, there are no down sides, only upsides. Incorporate raw eggs into your dogs diet and see the difference it makes on their coats. I didn't just come online to spew nonsense without getting my facts right. I can give you links to Animal nutritionists (with actual PHDs), dog breeders, etc that have been feeding raw eggs, meat etc. to different breeds of dogs for decades without any downside. In fact, they thrive on it.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCs-mQPtkpDQoGrJ-zYprrVA/videos - check out this guy's Cane Corso and his diet

I'd suggest you do the research yourself to help you be a more balanced Animal Scientist so you are not just skewed towards a particular mindset. I have done more than enough research on all types of feeding. I can give you links to raw feeding guides if you want.

You can start with this FAQ: https://leerburg.com/feedingarawdiet.htm

Raw feeding is also good, but still, hygiene has a lot to play when it comes to that

Yea, hygiene has a lot to play especially for the human preparing the raw meals.

I am not forcing down a raw feeding suggestion to the OP or anyone, I was only debunking the fact that you mentioned that raw eggs are bad. I was only trying to educate

P.S: You can raw feed any dog from as young as 8 weeks old.

1 Like

Re: Meet My Boerboel RIO by Haroldjunior: 2:24pm On Aug 08, 2020
TamedWhisperer:

Bro, those are dogs that scavenge, their systems adapted to such, you shouldn't compare them to home raised dogs

Because a dog is house raised does not change its internals. The dogs digestive system is built for such. It's like saying because you raised a Lion indoors with kibble, his digestive system can not accommodate raw meat anymore.

Do you also know that prolonged feeding of raw egg whites can also lead to a biotin deficiency, as they contain an enzyme that ties up biotin and prevents absorption of biotin into the body

The enzyme you speak of is Avidin. That is present in egg whites and as long as you feed the dog the whole egg (yoke, egg white, shell), biotin deficiency is not a worry (egg yoke contains more than enough biotin). The biotin deficiency you mention can only occur when you feed your pup only raw eggs crazy amounts a week (which is not the case here) and as its only meal. But, as long as the meal is balanced this is not something to worry about. https://www.dogsnaturallymagazine.com/feeding-your-dog-raw-eggs-good-or-bad/

I strongly stand against advising him to feed his dog raw eggs.

I was only debunking the fact that you said raw eggs are bad for dogs and was trying to educate both you and the OP.

Please, do more research on the down side of feeding raw eggs to puppies

Chief, there are no down sides, only upsides. Incorporate raw eggs into your dogs diet and see the difference it makes on their coats. I didn't just come online to spew nonsense without getting my facts right. I can give you links to Animal nutritionists (with actual PHDs), dog breeders, etc that have been feeding raw eggs, meat etc. to different breeds of dogs for decades without any downside. In fact, they thrive on it.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCs-mQPtkpDQoGrJ-zYprrVA/videos - check out this guy's Cane Corso and his diet

I'd suggest you do the research yourself to help you be a more balanced Animal Scientist so you are not just skewed towards a particular mindset. I have done more than enough research on all types of feeding. I can give you links to raw feeding guides if you want.

You can start with this FAQ: https://leerburg.com/feedingarawdiet.htm

Raw feeding is also good, but still, hygiene has a lot to play when it comes to that

Yea, hygiene has a lot to play especially for the human preparing the raw meals.

I am not forcing down a raw feeding suggestion to the OP or anyone, I was only debunking the fact that you mentioned that raw eggs are bad. I was only trying to educate

P.S: You can raw feed any dog from as young as 8 weeks old.

"Because a dog is house raised does not change its internals." This statement is wrong man. It totally changes it's internals. If switching them from one food brand to another can disrupt their system, what makes you think the whole scavenging life would match the system of a house raised dog? You can't come and compare the system of a local dog and that of a boerboel. Just because they are all dogs, doesn't mean they can stand the digestive process of certain food they ingest. Also, I never said that feeding raw egg was totally bad, there are a lot of pros too, but the digestive system of the dog is a factor to note too. Not all dogs have the same resistance level to certain sicknesses. Plus, raw feeding is also good, I never said it wasn't, I'm not just all in on the raw egg thing. Also, not all research articles are 100%, most are from personal experiences and observations, most are hypothesis. If time isn't taken, I probably have made more research on a dog's diet, both raw and cooked. Plus, I have had over 10 dogs, I have been into training dogs for over 9 years now, I think I'm speaking more out of experience than you are. Lastly, we have derailed this thread enough. I rest my case. Whatever OP chooses. I wish the dog the best life.

2 Likes

Re: Meet My Boerboel RIO by TamedWhisperer(m): 4:04pm On Aug 08, 2020
Haroldjunior:

"Because a dog is house raised does not change its internals." This statement is wrong man. It totally changes it's internals. If switching them from one food brand to another can disrupt their system, what makes you think the whole scavenging life would match the system of a house raised dog? You can't come and compare the system of a local dog and that of a boerboel. Just because they are all dogs, doesn't mean they can stand the digestive process of certain food they ingest. Also, I never said that feeding raw egg was totally bad, there are a lot of pros too, but the digestive system of the dog is a factor to note too. Not all dogs have the same resistance level to certain sicknesses. Plus, raw feeding is also good, I never said it wasn't, I'm not just all in on the raw egg thing. Also, not all research articles are 100%, most are from personal experiences and observations, most are hypothesis. If time isn't taken, I probably have made more research on a dog's diet, both raw and cooked. Plus, I have had over 10 dogs, I have been into training dogs for over 9 years now, I think I'm speaking more out of experience than you are. Lastly, we have derailed this thread enough. I rest my case. Whatever OP chooses. I wish the dog the best life.

cool

Apologies the thread derailed OP.

2 Likes

Re: Meet My Boerboel RIO by gman55(m): 2:49am On Aug 09, 2020
debby204:
JT kennels 08166477958
Thanks chief appreciate

1 Like

Re: Meet My Boerboel RIO by debby204: 11:27am On Aug 15, 2020
Rio is 13 weeks old today

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Female Adult Rott Gsd For Urgent Sale And Affordable!!!! / How Much Can I Sell My Black Labrador Mixed With German Shepherd Puppies / '

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.