Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,974 members, 7,828,451 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:54 AM

Why Do Parents Find It Hard To Apologize? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Parents Find It Hard To Apologize? (424 Views)

My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me / I Look Too Young And I Find It Hard To Relate With People / Do Parents Have A Say In Our Financial Matters? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Parents Find It Hard To Apologize? by facts2020: 10:06pm On Aug 06, 2020
Please why do parents find it hard to apologize? And most of them are good at abusing children and causing psychological damage(s). Is it wrong to move on from a parent who has done lots of harm?? Psychologically I mean!
Re: Why Do Parents Find It Hard To Apologize? by youngblaq: 10:33pm On Aug 06, 2020
They are secretly afraid they'd die if they apologise.
You can't move on from them naa..but give dem laaaarge space. The longer you're away from them and their reach the more respect you earn when next you see them.
But make money o...cuz if you come back without levels, omo nothing for you o!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Parents Find It Hard To Apologize? by Nobody: 10:38pm On Aug 06, 2020
I wud av loved if u deeply explain with examples of situation on ground tho, cos u may av ur own faults too.

Nevertheless, what u'v said is very common among Africans.

Kindly change the tittle to 'African Parents' pls instead of 'Parents' in general. U'v described a typical african parent here, they think they are training by sometimes hurting/harming a child.

I actually do think there sud be a subject like "parenting" in schools (at least at secondary level)

To answer your question, it's wrong to "move on" but not wrong to keep strict boundaries from them for u to be psychologically balanced.

PS : as for d first question- They think cheating children as regards apologizing is part of training and courtesy, which is totally wrong. Our generation have to make a change
Re: Why Do Parents Find It Hard To Apologize? by CallistaTea(f): 11:17pm On Aug 06, 2020
African parents thinks they are always right, whereas sometimes they are not and they would not accept your views because they think we're inexperienced and too young to understand and solve life problems.But they are always and still the best!!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Parents Find It Hard To Apologize? by illicit(m): 11:27pm On Aug 06, 2020
They can never be wrong
smh
Re: Why Do Parents Find It Hard To Apologize? by Nobody: 3:23am On Aug 07, 2020
Basically, African parents but the future generation has the answer to this question, i.e when you and I becomes full aged parents too..

1 Like

Re: Why Do Parents Find It Hard To Apologize? by donstan18: 7:05am On Aug 07, 2020
You'll understand better when you become a parent.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Parents Find It Hard To Apologize? by yvelchstores(f): 12:49pm On Aug 07, 2020
donstan18:
You'll understand better when you become a parent.
no oh,please there is no excuse. I am a parent and I apologize to my child when I am wrong either to her or to someone else in her presence . apologizing will help the kids desern between right and wrong more easily.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Parents Find It Hard To Apologize? by facts2020: 4:32pm On Aug 07, 2020
youngblaq:
They are secretly afraid they'd die if they apologise.
You can't move on from them naa..but give dem laaaarge space. The longer you're away from them and their reach the more respect you earn when next you see them.
But make money o...cuz if you come back without levels, omo nothing for you o!

Na olosho dem be? Why nothing if no money �
Re: Why Do Parents Find It Hard To Apologize? by LordKO(m): 4:59pm On Aug 07, 2020
Most parents do tender an apology to their children; you need to understand that there're different ways to tender an apology. Children do tender their apology to their parents in oral and direct forms, while most parents do tender their apology to their children through action, and even when they do so orally, they usually do it indirectly.

Meanwhile, in your case, it seems you've abusive parents as your submission connotes; if that is the case, moving away from them is your best bet. Make sure you aren't the instigator, though.
Re: Why Do Parents Find It Hard To Apologize? by youngblaq: 5:37pm On Aug 07, 2020
facts2020:

For you area bro...poor men get levels??
Re: Why Do Parents Find It Hard To Apologize? by SweetCunt97(f): 6:18pm On Aug 07, 2020
facts2020:
Please why do parents find it hard to apologize? And most of them are good at abusing children and causing psychological damage(s). Is it wrong to move on from a parent who has done lots of harm?? Psychologically I mean!
No it's not wrong at all. You owe yourself happiness. Find that happiness and forsake whatever brings you sadness
Re: Why Do Parents Find It Hard To Apologize? by SweetCunt97(f): 6:19pm On Aug 07, 2020
facts2020:

That's the society we live in. No money, no respect.
Re: Why Do Parents Find It Hard To Apologize? by ednut1(m): 6:45pm On Aug 07, 2020
culture here in 9ja is backward. Parents are always right

(1) (Reply)

Adulterous Woman Glued To Her Lover While Having S3x In Ogun State (watch Video) / Let Your Style Define You: Check This Out! / [VIDEO]: Pastor Adeboye’s Sons Shave Hairs Beards Over Pastor Dare’s Deaths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.