Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,466 members, 7,816,090 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:10 AM

Obaseki: What Governor Made The Proclamation For The New Edo Speaker Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obaseki: What Governor Made The Proclamation For The New Edo Speaker Election (690 Views)

See What Governor Yahaya Bello Has Turned FFK To (Photo) / I Won't Issue Fresh Proclamation For Edo Assembly, Obaseki Tells APC, Reps / Ndume Arrives National Assembly "Senate President/ Speaker Election" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obaseki: What Governor Made The Proclamation For The New Edo Speaker Election by 9jatriot(m): 2:31pm On Aug 07, 2020
Each state of assembly need the governor to make a proclamation that opens that house after which each member now takes an oath and then they elect a speaker.

Was it Ize Iyamu that opened that his state house of assembly? I need intelligent answers please.
Re: Obaseki: What Governor Made The Proclamation For The New Edo Speaker Election by dogmax(m): 2:59pm On Aug 07, 2020
Ask saraki he will explain to you better how he became a Senate president in 2015

1 Like

Re: Obaseki: What Governor Made The Proclamation For The New Edo Speaker Election by muykem: 3:07pm On Aug 07, 2020
There is no new proclamation, the sitting depended on last year governor proclamation. That's why they had to impeach the existing speaker before elected new one. What many Obaseki supporters failed to understand is that it's people that make assembly not building or maze.
Re: Obaseki: What Governor Made The Proclamation For The New Edo Speaker Election by seunmsg(m): 3:07pm On Aug 07, 2020
9jatriot:
Each state of assembly need the governor to make a proclamation that opens that house after which each member now takes an oath and then they elect a speaker.

Was it Ize Iyamu that opened that his state house of assembly? I need intelligent answers please.

The governor himself claimed last year that he had made the proclamation and he won’t issue another one when every right thinking person asked him to issue another one for the proper convening of the house. So, that proclamation that enabled the initial ten members to be inaugurated still stands. The clerk doesn’t need another proclamation to swear in the remaining elected members.
Re: Obaseki: What Governor Made The Proclamation For The New Edo Speaker Election by MajorOvakporaye(f): 6:00pm On Aug 07, 2020
seunmsg:

The governor himself claimed last year that he had made the proclamation and he won’t issue another one when every right thinking person asked him to issue another one for the proper convening of the house. So, that proclamation that enabled the initial ten members to be inaugurated still stands. The clerk doesn’t need another proclamation to swear in the remaining elected members.

SHUT UP!!!

(1) (Reply)

Reasons Why El Rufai Will Not Address Us / I Will Raise 60,000 Millionaires Before I Bow Out Of Office ― Gov Umahi / Igbo Presidency Is A Pipe Dream

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.