Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:55 AM

Chinese Investors Abandon Cocoa Products Industry In Ede - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Chinese Investors Abandon Cocoa Products Industry In Ede (31747 Views)

Otukpo Wooden Mortar Factory: Thriving Local Industry In Benue Community / Flour Milling Industry in Nigeria / A Tour To Agrikk Matas Ede, Osun State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chinese Investors Abandon Cocoa Products Industry In Ede by Nobody: 1:02pm On Aug 08, 2020
So the people of Ede need foreign investors to guide them on how to utilize their resources?

2 Likes

Re: Chinese Investors Abandon Cocoa Products Industry In Ede by ABlAstate: 1:02pm On Aug 08, 2020
Ekoike aka Ngpatriot. Come and carry your worthless state
Re: Chinese Investors Abandon Cocoa Products Industry In Ede by SmartPolician: 1:05pm On Aug 08, 2020
Johnnyessence:
nope it's the fault of clueless APC government. they never meant well for the good people of this nation.

Stop blaming political parties

The problem of Nigeria is caused by Nigerians

Until we stop this hypocritical lifestyle we live in this country, nothing will change.

Contrary to popular belief, most Nigerians never condemn evils when it matters the most

We only condemn it because of what people will say

2 Likes

Re: Chinese Investors Abandon Cocoa Products Industry In Ede by Nobody: 1:05pm On Aug 08, 2020
storing what?

anyway, If you want article of about 1k-2k words for your blog at cheaper rate kindly DM me. two days delivery.
Re: Chinese Investors Abandon Cocoa Products Industry In Ede by Golan007: 1:07pm On Aug 08, 2020
They promised that we would be taken to China for a meeting and we would be given our entitlements but that never happened

Idiot.

There's no free money.

3 Likes

Re: Chinese Investors Abandon Cocoa Products Industry In Ede by Bbbwings: 1:10pm On Aug 08, 2020
leaculpa:
So in the whole of Nigeria, they haven't found a buyer to take over operations. The state could also take it over.

Even the useless board chairman only cares about his pocket, complaining dt he didn't earn anything since inception. Dts all that's in the average Nigerians brain. He's not even thinking of how they can solve the problem and revive the company. He probably doesn't even know how the business works.

All we do is take take take, don't even care about working hard and producing for ourselves.

I wonder o
All of them are mad.
Re: Chinese Investors Abandon Cocoa Products Industry In Ede by Bbbwings: 1:12pm On Aug 08, 2020
Golan007:
They promised that we would be taken to China for a meeting and we would be given our entitlements but that never happened

Idiot.

There's no free money.
That boss is only after salary.
The factory can burn to the ground for all they care.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chinese Investors Abandon Cocoa Products Industry In Ede by Bbbwings: 1:14pm On Aug 08, 2020
Matrimonous:
So the people of Ede need foreign investors to guide them on how to utilize their resources?
You and I know that there would have been people willing to take over the place.
If they don't have political clout, nobody is signing over the place
Re: Chinese Investors Abandon Cocoa Products Industry In Ede by RealEzee(m): 1:19pm On Aug 08, 2020
But can't be export this said cocoa to the USA since the Chinese are having trouble with Trump ni? Like I sense opportunity here ooo, so they were making cocoa butter, cake, liquor and the likes here tho, Chaii if to say man get mad funds I for like take over the thing oooo, create more products from the cocoa and the likes export also, plus products for local content, but then hmmmm Shey dis govt no go use their wicked policies finish me in d process ni? Well at least employment go dey for my people Sha

One big question oo, isn't the business profitable for any of our big guys to take over the thing ni, what are they seeing that I'm not seeing tho?

Las Las we go dey aiit
Re: Chinese Investors Abandon Cocoa Products Industry In Ede by Ostrogoth(m): 1:21pm On Aug 08, 2020
AudioNews:
Ewedu nd Amala at it again,
Am nt surprised
Didinrin, what cash crops do your pple export other than the drug smugglers that go to the abroad with the dream of coming back home as billionaires within just one yr.
Re: Chinese Investors Abandon Cocoa Products Industry In Ede by Meteng: 1:23pm On Aug 08, 2020
I hope they themselves have left the country
Re: Chinese Investors Abandon Cocoa Products Industry In Ede by neuralct(m): 1:30pm On Aug 08, 2020
I don't get it.
Re: Chinese Investors Abandon Cocoa Products Industry In Ede by Ezmans: 1:32pm On Aug 08, 2020
mamaafrik:
They should look for European investors instead.
No European nation il come & run an industry in blood sucking nation like nigeria where innocent citizens are killed everyday
Re: Chinese Investors Abandon Cocoa Products Industry In Ede by Reference(m): 1:33pm On Aug 08, 2020
Shocking that the State government didn't know the enterprise has been moribund for 2 years. Is it that Osun State has so many industrial concerns that one goes missing is no big deal. If tax revenue means anything will it happen?

This is another reason why this structure that has at its developmental core a philosophy of 'monetary allocations' from the centre to the States instead of the reverse can never develop this country.

I have mentioned on several topical issues that to prosper there has to be a close, close, ultra close synergy between government and investors in such a manner as a farmer and his crops or a herder and his animals.

Goverment cares absolutely for investments and industries in the expectation they will succeed, thrive and produce the milk and the meat the citizens need to move ahead.

Meaning that in this case the animals are not left unattended for two whole years or the plantation is left uncultured for that long.
Meaning that at the first hint of trouble the Commisioner for Trade and Industries should have been at that premises because he has a hotline to management and government does ALL IT CAN to keep that industry going and jobs retained.

And I have mentioned several ways it can do that, principally by synergy amongst sister industries and allied industries across Nigeria so that when we cannot trade without we maximise trade opportunities within.

I will say this once again as it relates to this case because it is the Nigeria I know. I am willing to bet that there is someone somewhere on our shores that has market contacts for that industry's products. There is someone out there who needs that Company's products and we will all be shocked that the person is presently importing similar products from the West Coast.

I say again. We have poor quality governments in power. They are not fit for purpose in a any half decent economy.
Re: Chinese Investors Abandon Cocoa Products Industry In Ede by Crenzywilliams(m): 1:34pm On Aug 08, 2020
Johnnyessence:
Factory Turned To Store For COVID-19 Relief Items. clueless mandate robber oyetola failed woefully in governance.
Why are they storing relief materials that people and coorpeate entities donated, are they waiting till they go bad before distribution, or probably waiting to auction them, or probably MD nova ready make public appearances

This country sef, God please give us leaders with our interest at heart.. Amen
Re: Chinese Investors Abandon Cocoa Products Industry In Ede by Officialgarri: 1:39pm On Aug 08, 2020
I think this place has been abandoned since more than a decade or even two.
This is not too far from Adeleke University
Re: Chinese Investors Abandon Cocoa Products Industry In Ede by Wentworthorg: 1:48pm On Aug 08, 2020
Interesting
Re: Chinese Investors Abandon Cocoa Products Industry In Ede by BigBashiru: 1:52pm On Aug 08, 2020
Is it that Nigerians can't do anything by themselves and constantly have to call in Chinese?? Cocoa plantation or processing facility they can't manage. Akwa Ibom Government also called an israeli company to manage their cocoa processing plant for them. What a shame
Re: Chinese Investors Abandon Cocoa Products Industry In Ede by SeriouslySense(m): 1:54pm On Aug 08, 2020
kikiki
Matrimonous:
Re: Chinese Investors Abandon Cocoa Products Industry In Ede by Lancasterman: 1:57pm On Aug 08, 2020
Did you read the post?

[67 author=Johnnyessence post=92580188]Factory Turned To Store For COVID-19 Relief Items. clueless mandate robber oyetola failed woefully in governance.[/quote]
Re: Chinese Investors Abandon Cocoa Products Industry In Ede by toprealman: 1:58pm On Aug 08, 2020
There is something very wrong somewhere. How can we have cocoa but can not boast of variety of beverages.
Bought this imported brand from an outlet and guess what, you need only very small quantity to enjoy the chocolate taste unlike our local brands.
Re: Chinese Investors Abandon Cocoa Products Industry In Ede by Wireproductivit(m): 2:03pm On Aug 08, 2020
The answer is simple.... Exchange rate!!!
$6 million in 2014~= not equal $6 million in 2019
Re: Chinese Investors Abandon Cocoa Products Industry In Ede by Nobody: 2:07pm On Aug 08, 2020
azmanaty02:
Maybe the villagers mined one or two skulls of their employees, so they ran.
Ede Town is not like your village
Re: Chinese Investors Abandon Cocoa Products Industry In Ede by Reference(m): 2:10pm On Aug 08, 2020
BigBashiru:
Is it that Nigerians can't do anything by themselves and constantly have to call in Chinese?? Cocoa plantation or processing facility they can't manage. Akwa Ibom Government also called an israeli company to manage their cocoa processing plant for them. What a shame

There is nothing inherently wrong in that. The impetus to set up industry can come from anywhere. It can be that you trademark technology that delivers a unique product. It could be that you have market access somewhere. Industry is not entirely about, centered around raw materials.

Nigerians should get this out of their psyche. That wealth possibilities lie with the ownership of the basic building blocks of industry when we know there is no one country that buys our raw stuff that isn't more prosperous than us simpky because we buy back these things at far higher value and thus price.

There are conglomerates out there that have large enough orders for certain stuff they don't mind setting up a whole factory abroad to produce it and after the order is complete they pack their bags and walk away not even taking the furniture along.

If a nation had all the technology, all the resources and al the markets at its beck and call then it won't need investors would it. But there is no one country that dominates all the factors of production, not even the United States.

But what one is saying is that for a country in dire need such as Nigeria it is sad that the governor will watch that factiry fold up and next day he is in Shoprite buying a cocoa drink made in Thailand or China or Cameroun.... These things should worry us.
Re: Chinese Investors Abandon Cocoa Products Industry In Ede by PureFace1(m): 2:20pm On Aug 08, 2020
Kriss216:

I have no business with underdeveloped State of Osun.

Morning bro. Stay away from troubles, ghetto politician.

Coming from Nyamirin

No one ask you any questions before you started wailing on the thread

Go to Osogbo and see your brothers with Wheel Barrows.

1 Like

Re: Chinese Investors Abandon Cocoa Products Industry In Ede by Upright750: 2:20pm On Aug 08, 2020
azmanaty02:

Oga, what re you saying.. Why re you sending the product in China to finish before exporting to USA. Are you sure you merit your position? Cant you finish the product in Nigeria and negotiate business with American company direct than going through Chinese.. Is Nigeria also at war with America �� ? Abeg change your business mind and move forward.
Re: Chinese Investors Abandon Cocoa Products Industry In Ede by MetaPhysical: 2:46pm On Aug 08, 2020
azmanaty02:

They are used by now to our skull miners their grievance is new. We have started deporting headless bodies to Ibo country. When chinese found out Ibo is boiling and eating their brothers they went beserk!
Re: Chinese Investors Abandon Cocoa Products Industry In Ede by ajl: 2:54pm On Aug 08, 2020
Nigerians can't run ordinary cocoa factory. Now they will say government have not create jobs. They put their trust in crooked Chinese investors. Imagine the value addition that can be done with cocoa and revenue returns if all processing is done in Nigeria. Poverty of the mind is real with Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Chinese Investors Abandon Cocoa Products Industry In Ede by sonnie10: 3:03pm On Aug 08, 2020
It looks like their interest was in gold mining in the first place.
The cocoa production was just to get an easy and strong landing in Osun.
They might have left after discovering that the gold wasn’t commercially viable.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice / My Little Onion And Cabbage Farming / N-Power Beneficiary Starts Sugar Cane Farm With N-Power Stipend (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.