Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,761 members, 7,955,898 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:06 PM

Corruption And Election Rigging Are Thriving Because Nigerian Youths Endorse It - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Corruption And Election Rigging Are Thriving Because Nigerian Youths Endorse It (259 Views)

Sowore Attacking Me Because Nigerian Youths Prefer Me Over Him – Peter Obi / ’15m Youths Endorse Yahaya Bello For President’ / Election Rigging In Kano Busted! Returning Officer Exposes Irregularities, Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Corruption And Election Rigging Are Thriving Because Nigerian Youths Endorse It by socialmediaman: 4:13pm On Aug 08, 2020
One of the major reasons why corruption and election rigging has not been or cannot be solved in Nigeria is because Nigerian youths endorse it.

Nigerian youths encourage politicians to rig elections even if it’s against the will of the people. Nigerian youths encourage politicians in their misrule, recklessness and lack of accountability with public funds.

It’s very unfortunate. It defeats the purpose of every value, education and moral we nurture as a people, and no country in the world has succeeded when these ills are encouraged by the citizens and political class.

We have to do better as a people!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Corruption And Election Rigging Are Thriving Because Nigerian Youths Endorse It by Golan007: 4:22pm On Aug 08, 2020
They are coming for you.
Re: Corruption And Election Rigging Are Thriving Because Nigerian Youths Endorse It by nzube89(m): 4:26pm On Aug 08, 2020
socialmediaman:
One of the major reasons why corruption and election rigging has not been or cannot be solved in Nigeria is because Nigerian youths endorse it.

Nigerian youths encourage politicians to rig elections even if it’s against the will of the people. Nigerian youths encourage politicians in their misrule, recklessness and lack of accountability with public funds.

It’s very unfortunate. It defeats the purpose of every value, education and moral we nurture as a people, and no country in the world has succeeded when these ills are encouraged by the citizens and political class.

We have to do better as a people!
when people say Nigeria is not moving forward , doing this and doing that I laugh .The first step to restore a better Nigeria is by restoring the power of the ballot , when we say the power of the ballot it is not only election rigging but Even buying on vote and other things .we need 80 percent free and fair election to move this country forward devoid of all manners of election malpractices .do you know that most times we the mass push the politicians to loot .I want to use something that happened in my area in anambra Last election .I was in a restaurant one pdp party leader was saying that a pdp house of rep aspirant gave each pooling boot 1.5m for the election and the woman still failed .I was wondering how much the Apga candidate the won gave for him to win that election ,if they spend this kind of money to buy or appease voters how do you want them to get their money back if not by looting but in USA people donate for the candidate they like but here we take from them .
Re: Corruption And Election Rigging Are Thriving Because Nigerian Youths Endorse It by socialmediaman: 4:29pm On Aug 08, 2020
nzube89:
when people say Nigeria is not moving forward , doing this and doing that I laugh .The first step to restore a better Nigeria is by restoring the power of the ballot , when we say the power of the ballot it is not only election rigging but Even buying on vote and other things .we need 80 percent free and fair election to move this country forward devoid of all manners of election malpractices .do you know that most times we the mass push the politicians to loot .I want to use something that happened in my area in anambra Last election .I was in a restaurant one pdp party leader was saying that a pdp house of rep aspirant gave each pooling boot 1.5m for the election and the woman still failed .I was wondering how much the Apga candidate the won gave for him to win that election ,if they spend this kind of money to buy or appease voters how do you want them to get their money back if not by looting but in USA people donate for the candidate they like but here we take from them .

We can’t make progress like this. We’re headed nowhere with this kind of crude politics
Re: Corruption And Election Rigging Are Thriving Because Nigerian Youths Endorse It by Queenttoast01: 4:37pm On Aug 08, 2020
One of the most sensible OP on this section.
But it's easier said than done
If you don't endorse them, hunger will make you do grin
Re: Corruption And Election Rigging Are Thriving Because Nigerian Youths Endorse It by socialmediaman: 4:41pm On Aug 08, 2020
Queenttoast01:

That makes sense, but it seems even when we have nothing to gain directly from them, we still support them.

And by this, does it mean Nigeria will never be better, since they will never do what they’re supposed to?
Re: Corruption And Election Rigging Are Thriving Because Nigerian Youths Endorse It by nzube89(m): 4:43pm On Aug 08, 2020
Queenttoast01:
it is not all about hunger Nigerians love for money is another issue .All this other west African countries are not better than Nigeria but they have better electoral system than us .we too like anything money
Re: Corruption And Election Rigging Are Thriving Because Nigerian Youths Endorse It by socialmediaman: 4:46pm On Aug 08, 2020
nzube89:
it is not all about hunger Nigerians love for money is another issue .All this other west African countries are not better than Nigeria but they have better electoral system than us .we too like anything money

But are we the only people who like money? Maybe morals are lacking? Thought we take pride in the morals that our society imbibes?
Re: Corruption And Election Rigging Are Thriving Because Nigerian Youths Endorse It by habsydiamond(m): 4:47pm On Aug 08, 2020
why wont the youths endorse it i have been hearing and singing we are the leaders of tomorrow since KG days thinking by the time i finish university there will options to select from in this country. nowadays old people are the leaders of the tomorrow... if u want to curb corruption and rigging juat tell ur old old politicians to step down for the youths. with that all problems will be solved chikena..

Re: Corruption And Election Rigging Are Thriving Because Nigerian Youths Endorse It by nzube89(m): 4:51pm On Aug 08, 2020
socialmediaman:

But are we the only people that like money? Maybe morals are lacking? Thought we take pride in the morals that our society imbibes?
moral is lacking seriously in Nigeria,our leaders or bad the citizens too are worst .I am in Morocco now just yesterday suppose to rent a very good apartment but immidiately the Arab man new I was a Nigerian he said no.my question is it buhari that gave us bad name in Morocco and Are we the only African country living in Morocco .mind you french speaking countries are bigger than Nigerians in Morocco but the little people here still damaged our image

(1) (Reply)

(VIDEO) Obaseki Recieved Royal Blessings From Otaru Of Auchi / Re: Deconstructing The Lies Against Prof. Osinbajo And Dele Sobowale’s Diatribe / Mamman Daura: 3 Members Of Buhari's Cabal That Died In 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.