Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,089 members, 7,818,277 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:41 AM

A Case Of Child Abduction - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Case Of Child Abduction (1020 Views)

The Case Of Clara Chime- Enugu First Lady / High Rate Of Child Abuse, Should One Parent Stay Home With The Kids? / Child Abduction By A Nigerian Parent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Case Of Child Abduction by wizinzanga(m): 1:34am On Feb 13, 2011
A friend is preparing an Essay on International Child Abduction and am working on case study that pertains to the removal of three children from the United Kingdom to Ghana. Their mother is a British Citizen of Ghanaian descent and her husband is also a British Citizen of Ghanaian descent. Their three children (aged between 8-15) were born in the United Kingdom.

There was a custody battle in the United Kingdom and the court declared it an offence for the mother to leave the United Kingdom with the children. However, the mother ran away from the United Kingdom and took all three children with her to Ghana. Even though their British Passports were seized, the mother managed to get new British Passports for her children. The father did not know this at the time and before anyone knew what was happening, the children were in Ghana. The father cannot trace the children or their mother but he believes they are in Ghana.

The police are investigating the case and the mother has now been declared wanted. The police will arrest her on sight, if she returns to the United Kingdom.

I was given four options:

A- For the father to go to Ghana and try to find the children.

B - For the father to contact the police in order for them to get the Ghanaian police to arrest the mother and get the children back to the United Kingdom.

C - For the father to use the media and bring this case to the attention of the masses.

D - For the father to wait until the mother returns, if she ever does, to the United Kingdom.

I welcome any assistance you may be willing to offer and please forward your answer to Howard.Trevor76@gmail.com.
Re: A Case Of Child Abduction by obowunmi(m): 9:01am On Feb 13, 2011
Anything that involves arresting the mother is not a good option.

He needs to give this some time, sort things out, appeal or negotiation with the mother on a joint custody agreement.

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Open Bank Account With Naija Bank? / Greed And The Woman / Just Moved Back To 9ja, How Can I Get A Cheap Form Of Car Rentals Temporarily

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.