Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,723 members, 7,824,054 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:25 PM

Why Do We Spend So Much Time At School When We Can Learn A Lot At Home ? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Do We Spend So Much Time At School When We Can Learn A Lot At Home ? (280 Views)

Black SA Teacher Assaulted At School in China, Left With Black Eye! (PICS) / Mum Cries Out After Finding Out Her Daughter’s Hair Was Shaved At School - Photo / Early Signs Your Child Might Be Getting Bullied At School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do We Spend So Much Time At School When We Can Learn A Lot At Home ? by Nobody: 12:58am On Aug 09, 2020
I've been recently thinking about all that time I spent studying in highschool and sometimes I think it's a waste.
After my graduation from highschool I had a lot of spare time and I was also preparing for my second jamb attempt .So I could say I had a lot of reading and I had to learn, relearn and unlearn.
During this period I had more access to the internet and the freedom to experiment with various study techniques . To my surprise I was able to finish three years worth of highschool physics, chemistry and biology in Just six months and understood more than I did in highschool .
This got me asking the question "why spend so much time at school for something I finished in six months ?"
That's why I decided to ask that question here
But in my own opinion I think I just wasted a lot of time at school and that highschools should give students the option of studying from home.

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Spend So Much Time At School When We Can Learn A Lot At Home ? by illicit(m): 4:03am On Aug 09, 2020
There is no benefit jare
Re: Why Do We Spend So Much Time At School When We Can Learn A Lot At Home ? by meobizy(f): 5:03am On Aug 09, 2020
Yes.
Re: Why Do We Spend So Much Time At School When We Can Learn A Lot At Home ? by izzyvol(m): 7:01am On Aug 09, 2020
for me, I don't really attend lectures at school, but study at home and still top the class, I just see school as a way of connecting with other people and making friends

2 Likes

Re: Why Do We Spend So Much Time At School When We Can Learn A Lot At Home ? by paulolee(m): 2:18pm On Aug 09, 2020
its just a way to follow the system...96% of naija youths today still wana go to school just because system says its the way up the ladder and to get assurance for a better tomorrow..
Re: Why Do We Spend So Much Time At School When We Can Learn A Lot At Home ? by paulolee(m): 2:19pm On Aug 09, 2020
izzyvol:
for me, I don't really attend lectures at school, but study at home and still top the class, I just see school as a way of connecting with other people and making friends
not all lecturers accept dt, some woulg gladly fail u if u do miss claases..

(1) (Reply)

Ghanaian Students Beat WAEC Invigilators For Not Allowed Them To Use “expo” / Final Year Project Topics And Materials at your finger tips / Oyo State Sets To Reopen Tertiary Institutions, Primary And Secondary Schools

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.