Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,916 members, 7,956,449 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 12:11 PM

Building A Relationship With God: 3 Ways You Can Become A Better Child To Father - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Building A Relationship With God: 3 Ways You Can Become A Better Child To Father (173 Views)

Six Important Ways You Can Obtain Mercy From God / Catholic Church Reacts To Father Mbaka's Controversial Political Statement / What's The Deity Of God, 3 Persons Or One God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Building A Relationship With God: 3 Ways You Can Become A Better Child To Father by Holuwarseun15(m): 9:59am On Aug 09, 2020
Every day we say: "Our Father, who art in heaven" But, do we have a mutual relationship with the father?

On this article, we will be talking about the three simple ways you can start to build a relationship with God, the Father.

Without wasting too much of our time, let's get started.

1. Worship God Daily

John:4.23

But the time is coming and is already here, when by the power of God's Spirit people will worship the Father as he really is, offering him the true worship that he wants.

John:4.24

God is Spirit, and only by the power of his Spirit can people worship him as he really is."

View pictures in App save up to 80% data.

One of the ways to start a relationship with the Father is by returning all the glory and honour to Him. Showing appreciation to God Is one of the best ways to show gratitude to Him for His miraculous works in our lives. By his power, He made us. And for us not to be without life, he gives us His breath of life which we are using till now.

So to build a relationship with the Father, we must give Him the glory honour and adoration and also consider Him the author and finisher of our Faith.

2. Repent And Don't Return To Your Vomit

The second one is to repent from our sins and never go back to them again.

2 Corinthians:5.17

Anyone who is joined to Christ is a new being; the old is gone, the new has come.

Since we have considered ourself joined with God, we shouldn't go back to our earthly ways again, as we are now expected to put all of our focus more on the Father.

God called David the man after his heart.

Why?

This is because anytime David sin against God, he quickly admits his offences and goes to the presence of God with a broken heart, asking for forgiveness. Not just only because he asks for forgiveness, but David made sure he never returned to that sin again.

As a practical example, you are a father in this world and you have a son or a daughter who keeps on offending you. But, anytime they committed this offence, they keep on saying Daddy forgive me I won't do it again.

Then you forgave them the first time, the second time you might just get angry and talk to them out of anger. I'm sure that at the third time when they repeat the same offence again, you will surely deal with them.

So, if you as an earthly father can't condone a child, going back to his vomit, how much more our Heavenly Father who is even willing to welcome us.

So, repent for your sins and never return back to them again. Doing this will help you win the heart of God our father and build a better relationship with Him.

3. Study His Word (The Bible)

Joshua:1.8

Be sure that the book of the Law is always read in your worship. Study it day and night, and make sure that you obey everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful.

Can you get married to a woman or a man without studying his behaviour and character? This is not possible.

So, if you want to build a relationship with God, study His word and learn to know more about Him.

By doing this, you will build a relationship with him and know more about His likes and dislikes.

From his word, you will learn to know more about what he wants from you and what He doesn't want from you.

Are you ready to build a relationship with God today? Say these words of prayers below;

Lord my father, I come to your presence today with a broken heart. Lord accept me as your child.

Lord, I promise to repent and never return back to my former ways. Help me Lord to repent fully, because I can't do this on my own.

Lord as I'll be building a relationship with you today, help me to build a long-lasting relationship with you so that I will have the cause to glorify your name in the end.

Amen.

Thanks for reading. If you find this article motivating and inspiring, please show some love by clicking on the LIKE button below.
Re: Building A Relationship With God: 3 Ways You Can Become A Better Child To Father by Kobojunkie: 3:24pm On Aug 09, 2020
Obedience remains the key. No matter what traditions one chooses to practice, as long as one continues to ignore the obedience of God's every commandments, one will get no where closer to the Father.

(1) (Reply)

Why U Must Fail / Have You Ever Wondered What The Bible Say About Pandemics And Disease / Cups Of Cold Water

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.