Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,604 members, 7,827,272 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:58 AM

Who Is God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Is God? (444 Views)

Is God Really Omniscience? Does He Know Everything? / Jesus Christ Is God Almighty :ask Me Anything!! / Is God Sovereign? - Paul Ellis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is God? by Idowster(m): 10:22am On Aug 09, 2020
I want us to talk about God existence to unbelievers and atheist people of God intervene
Re: Who Is God? by Idowster(m): 10:30am On Aug 09, 2020
When i think about god i ask these question where who what is god when i read people testimonies i believe read my bible i believe see miracles i believe in god but what is it that people want to know about god in all religion well people say god is a supernatural being but i need further explanation
Re: Who Is God? by Bluezy13(m): 10:31am On Aug 09, 2020
Rhetorical question.
Rhetorical answer.

So na Unbelievers and Atheists be your problem...
You no go mind your business.
Re: Who Is God? by Idowster(m): 10:51am On Aug 09, 2020
Bluezy13:
Rhetorical question.
Rhetorical answer.

So na Unbelievers and Atheists be your problem...
You no go mind your business.
mr man if i mind my buisness i am nt a good pesin so if u dont hv somtin to say plz keep ur keyboard to ur self
Re: Who Is God? by Bluezy13(m): 11:00am On Aug 09, 2020
Idowster:
mr man if i mind my buisness i am nt a good pesin so if u dont hv somtin to say plz keep ur keyboard to ur self

If you had a third eye, you will understand that in this regard, ignorance is bliss.
The Ibibios has it that the hand one uses to catch flies is also used to catch bees.

Good luck in your quest!
I am an atheist by the way.
Re: Who Is God? by Idowster(m): 11:17am On Aug 09, 2020
Bluezy13:

If you had a third eye, you will understand that in this regard, ignorance is bliss.
The Ibibios has it that the hand one uses to catch flies is also used to catch bees.

Good luck in your quest!
I am an atheist by the way.
yeah i figured that little out
Re: Who Is God? by Bluezy13(m): 12:26pm On Aug 09, 2020
Idowster:
yeah i figured that little out

Okay.
Re: Who Is God? by Missyajoke(f): 12:29pm On Aug 09, 2020
God is love and He's everything you can ever imagine. I call him the comforter, the healer, the miracle worker, the strategic planner.

2 Likes

Re: Who Is God? by Nobody: 12:58pm On Aug 09, 2020
It depends on which of the gods your talking about... The Christian God it the Moslem God... Our the Hindu gods or the Buddhist gods or the shamanic gods or the Hebrew God...
Re: Who Is God? by sonmvayina(m): 1:00pm On Aug 09, 2020
God is consciousness...... Personified.
Re: Who Is God? by Nobody: 1:01pm On Aug 09, 2020
God is the creator of the whole Universe and everything in it.

God is the first and the last. Besides Him there is no other.

He is the one who delivered us from the the curse of the law by coming in the person of Jesus through His word to the earth.

God is the one behind every good thing on this earth cos he maketh the sun to shine on both the good and the bad.

God is JEHOVAH.

2 Likes

Re: Who Is God? by Nobody: 1:04pm On Aug 09, 2020
FrLukas:
It depends on which of the gods your talking about... The Christian God it the Moslem God... Our the Hindu gods or the Buddhist gods or the shamanic gods or the Hebrew God...

There is only one God. That is the Almighty God. That name belongs to him alone. Other deities are idols.

3 Likes

Re: Who Is God? by sonmvayina(m): 1:38pm On Aug 09, 2020
FrLukas:

There is only one God.. It is the nomenclature and the stories man has developed to teach about God that is different.. The messages in the stories are the same..
Whether it is Thor throwing his hammer or David using his catapult.. The message is that the God inside of you is greater than the obstacle in front of you..
Re: Who Is God? by sonmvayina(m): 1:40pm On Aug 09, 2020
Brachaa:

There is only one God. That is the Almighty God. That name belongs to him alone. Other deities are idols.

I concur.. Just the name that is different due to the different languages that exist among human beings.. And the stories created by man to reach about it..

1 Like

Re: Who Is God? by Nobody: 4:21pm On Aug 09, 2020
sonmvayina:

There is only one God.. It is the nomenclature and the stories man has developed to teach about God that is different.. The messages in the stories are the same..
Whether it is Thor throwing his hammer or David using his catapult.. The message is that the God inside of you is greater than the obstacle in front of you..

Of course there's only one GOD.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is God? by Nobody: 4:23pm On Aug 09, 2020
Brachaa:

Do you know that we are gods?

The white man comes and calls your deities mere idols and you nod in agreement.

That's wrong on so many levels.

1 Like

Re: Who Is God? by Idowster(m): 4:29pm On Aug 09, 2020
FrLukas:

Do you know that we are gods?

The white man comes and calls your deities mere idols and you nod in agreement.

That's wrong on so many levels.
The white men whatever but we are little god The almighty may decide to take life from any little god why is it dat the Quran is similar to the Bible
Re: Who Is God? by chijokz(m): 4:32pm On Aug 09, 2020
Why don't we call "God" His real name - Yahweh and also call The Messiah - Yahushua?
Re: Who Is God? by Nobody: 4:49pm On Aug 09, 2020
Idowster:
The white men whatever but we are little god The almighty may decide to take life from any little god why is it dat the Quran is similar to the Bible

The Absolute will never in an infinity of infinites have any need to become the Relative. Once you understand that, everything locks into place.

The Gods that moslems and Christians worship is not the Omnipotent, Omniscient, Omnipresent, Source of Life, Absolute that is Originator of all that was, is and ever shall be.

The God that Christians worship is one that feels the NEED to come to earth and die for the sins of mankind to redeem them.

The Absolute can never feel or have needs.

A God that has needs is one that is NOT self sufficient. He needs to do this to achieve that. He is driven by his needs just like man.

What man has done is fashion God in his own image and likeness.

The God that moslems worship is one that needs his adherents to pray to him 5 times daily. One that needs to reward his followers with paradise if they worship him well.

The True God, The Absolute, needs, wants and desires NOTHING. HE just IS

On why Islam and Christianity seem to share some similarities is because they both have Judaism as their foundation.

More accurately, Christianity borrows a lot from Judaism and Islam borrows a lot from Christianity and Judaism.

It will interest you that Muhammed the founder of Islam actually put up with some Catholic monks in his journey to Jerusalem.

That was where he got many of his ideas including the Catholic rosary which he transformed into the Muslim rosary.

1 Like

Re: Who Is God? by Idowster(m): 4:57pm On Aug 09, 2020
chijokz:
Why don't we call "God" His real name - Yahweh and also call The Messiah - Yahushua?
he is the only living god so we call him different name according to our religion
Re: Who Is God? by sonmvayina(m): 9:18pm On Aug 09, 2020
chijokz:

Are you a Babylonian?
Re: Who Is God? by chijokz(m): 9:38pm On Aug 09, 2020
Re: Who Is God? by sonmvayina(m): 10:03pm On Aug 09, 2020
chijokz:

Refer to this
https://www.biblestudytools.com/bible-study/topical-studies/why-it-matters-that-god-is-yahweh.html

Don't you have the name for God in your language?.. Yoruba calls him Eledumare, igbos calls him chukwu..why should I call God in another man language?

(1) (Reply)

Daddy Freeze Insults Oyedepo, Calls Oyedepo A 'bastard' And A Bald Headed Fowl / Did Three Wise Men Really Visit Baby Jesus? / [twitter] Which Tribe Is Devil From?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.