Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,113 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:23 PM

Giannis Antetokounmpo Named As Finalist For 2020 NBA MVP And DPY Of The Year - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Giannis Antetokounmpo Named As Finalist For 2020 NBA MVP And DPY Of The Year (15936 Views)

‘Now I Know Who I Am’: Giannis Antetokounmpo Makes An Epic First Trip Home . / NBA: MVP Antetokounmpo To Visit Nigerian, Set To Trace Roots / Giannis Antetokounmpo Wins 2019 NBA MVP Award (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo Named As Finalist For 2020 NBA MVP And DPY Of The Year by Nobody: 10:21pm On Aug 09, 2020
LukasPodolski:

Will you keep quiet?

Oniranu, shifting goal post...

Imagine if Giannis was a convict, idiots like you will call him a Nigerian.

May you suffer for 600 years.

wink

Did you just call me?

Be careful o.
Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo Named As Finalist For 2020 NBA MVP And DPY Of The Year by ntyce(m): 10:22pm On Aug 09, 2020
iLUCID:
Nigeria's really??

1. Is he really Nigerian?
2. Does he want to be Ngerian?

Y'all tripping big time

He identifies with his Nigerian root...
Follow him on twitter, he even took part in the Don't leave challenge

1 Like

Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo Named As Finalist For 2020 NBA MVP And DPY Of The Year by Nicepoker(m): 10:26pm On Aug 09, 2020
Sonnyboom:

Not necessarily but despicable soul like yours doomed with inherited hate, irredeemable bigotry n acute foolishness are 99.982% from there.
Seems you are diagonally positioned in a parallel universe. Run along boy.
Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo Named As Finalist For 2020 NBA MVP And DPY Of The Year by Austeeenxx: 10:29pm On Aug 09, 2020
After all said done. No matter how much he identifies as Nigerian, he still plays for the Greek national basketball team and not Dtigers.
Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo Named As Finalist For 2020 NBA MVP And DPY Of The Year by Kog45(m): 10:35pm On Aug 09, 2020
VillageBus:
nice one, but we all know say na LeBron go win am.
He grew up with his mother whom is Igbo.
He grew up with his mother whom is Igbo?meaning what,walahi I tire for una tribal war o
Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo Named As Finalist For 2020 NBA MVP And DPY Of The Year by mordred44: 10:36pm On Aug 09, 2020
D name sounds lyk botanica name,anyway congrats 2 him
Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo Named As Finalist For 2020 NBA MVP And DPY Of The Year by Kog45(m): 10:36pm On Aug 09, 2020
BrownLondon:
Yoruba boys making Naija proud.
Stpp this tribal wahala.
Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo Named As Finalist For 2020 NBA MVP And DPY Of The Year by YorubaLord: 10:43pm On Aug 09, 2020
If the guy be Okoro... we know how those folks are on here... Noise makers! They nvr fail to disappoint at all. grin
Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo Named As Finalist For 2020 NBA MVP And DPY Of The Year by Ghostmode2two(m): 11:20pm On Aug 09, 2020
He is a Greek. Aristotle's brethren
Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo Named As Finalist For 2020 NBA MVP And DPY Of The Year by socialsanitizer: 11:31pm On Aug 09, 2020
Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo Named As Finalist For 2020 NBA MVP And DPY Of The Year by madridsta007(m): 12:51am On Aug 10, 2020
LukasPodolski:

Why are you guys so unpatriotic?

When a Nigerian in diaspora does something bad, y'all will come here to talk trash with your filthy mouths.

Giannis himself confirmed his Nigerian origin, his elder brother was born in Nigeria... Go to his Instagram, Twitter he acknowledged Nigeria.
https://www.pulse.ng/sports/football/nigeria-is-in-my-blood-nba-star-giannis-antetokounmpo-speaks-on-his-nigerian-roots/7hmmvvj
https://theundefeated.com/features/bucks-giannis-antetokounmpo-greek-freak-wants-to-go-back-to-his-nigerian-roots/

That what you guys said until I Anthony Joshua's case untill he visited Nigeria, tour some part of the country, registered for NIGERIAN passport infact in the presence of the great queen Elizabeth he said some nice stuffs about NIGERIA.

It's a matter of time, the likes of Bukayo Saka, Tomori (thank God he hasn't played for England) will join Super eagles.

Madridsta007
Luminouz

Jaqenhghar

Not sure why you tagged me Oga.
I am not unpatrotic. I just do not know how to pretend to myself undecided

The NBA and basketball, who which he’s been praised and known, recognises him as Greek. He has a Greek passport. He does NOT have a Nigerian passport.

Believe me, if they recognised him as Nigerian, I would be up in arms praising him as Nigerian. But he is Greek. Not sure why we want to pretend otherwise.

1 Like

Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo Named As Finalist For 2020 NBA MVP And DPY Of The Year by luminouz(m): 12:59am On Aug 10, 2020
madridsta007:

Not sure why you tagged me Oga.

The NBA and basketball, who which he’s been praised and known, recognises him as Greek.

Believe me, if they recognised him as Nigerian, I would be up in arms praising him as Nigerian. But he is Greek. Not sure why we want to pretend otherwise.

I wonder o...he is called the Greek Freak,not Nigerian Freakazoid undecided

1 Like

Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo Named As Finalist For 2020 NBA MVP And DPY Of The Year by Joefat: 4:53am On Aug 10, 2020
James Harden all the way
Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo Named As Finalist For 2020 NBA MVP And DPY Of The Year by Seun360(m): 5:55am On Aug 10, 2020
BrownLondon:
Yoruba boys making Naija proud.
Yoruba boys that bears Ugo?
Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo Named As Finalist For 2020 NBA MVP And DPY Of The Year by Nobody: 8:11am On Aug 10, 2020
12large1:
All these people saying "yoruba making us proud" do not realize that he is half IGBO. Middle name clearly "Ugo" anyway let's stop this tribalism nonsense and just appreciate players

Change ur weed supplier... He doesn't even have an igbo hair talkless of being igbo
Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo Named As Finalist For 2020 NBA MVP And DPY Of The Year by LukasPodolski: 9:27am On Aug 10, 2020
Seun360:

born to a Yoruba father and Igbo mother.
his full name is Giannis Shina Ugo Adetokunbo (antetokounmpo)

does that mean Ifeanyi Adeleke (Davido's kid) is not Yoruba
Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo Named As Finalist For 2020 NBA MVP And DPY Of The Year by madridsta007(m): 11:36am On Aug 10, 2020
Jaqenhghar:

What you call patriotism is simply reaching. Something shameless,lazy, unproductive people do. You sit down and start looking for people with Niggerian ancestry to claim as your own. You guys are so pathetic that whatever accolades they achieve for their countries you claim as your own. When AJ won boxing gold for GB it became " a gold for Nigeria" . The annoying thing is the reason you MFers even look at them is because the oyinbos celebrate them. If oyinbo dont celebrate them we wont hear a word. Na una own go and drag him to come to naija by force nah

I tire.
And they want to demonise every Nigerian that doesnt want to engage in their pretentious charade.
He is Greek. Stop pretending to yourselves, dear Nigerians. Look inwards and develop your own talent.

Nigerians cant maintain the Abuja National Stadium that is overgrown with weeds so that local talents can compete. The day one talented 7 year old manages to escape Nigeria and is groomed and trained in Spain in basketball, foolish Nigerians will start saying he is "a Nigerian" undecided undecided undecided

Silly, lazy bunch.
Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo Named As Finalist For 2020 NBA MVP And DPY Of The Year by temmienewells(m): 2:20pm On Aug 10, 2020
Hukizakuu:
What a brief name
It's actually the Greek spelling of Adetokunbo.
Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo Named As Finalist For 2020 NBA MVP And DPY Of The Year by RuggedSniper: 11:42am On Aug 13, 2020
RuggedSniper:
^^^ABSOLUTELY! grin Yoruba father and Ibo-speaking mother.
#GiannisAdetokunboMVP (2019-2020) regular season.
#HakeemthedreamOlajuwonMVP (1993-1994) and (1994-1995) regular seasons.
#Nigeria/Yoruba NBA Most Valuable Players (MVPs)

Edrice Femi "Bam" Adebayo and Giannis Adetokunbo
contesting on court for the basketball in the picture
below.

~~~~~
~~~~~

1] Will Giannis join Michael Jordan and Hakeem Olajuwon in NBA awards history?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aL9lUH3wBkQ

2] Top 10 Plays: Hakeem Olajuwon 1994 NBA Finals

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfXIRsyM-gk
Source: https://rocketswire.usatoday.com/2020/05/25/today-in-rockets-history-hakeem-olajuwon-accepts-first-mvp/

3] Top 10 Plays of Hakeem Olajuwon's Career

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_m8OeZWbcOE

Hakeem "The Dream" Olajuwon and Giannis "The Greek Freek" Adetokunbo

#Nigerian Basketball GOATS
#Yoruba Demons

Nuff said! grin grin

1 Share

Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo Named As Finalist For 2020 NBA MVP And DPY Of The Year by RuggedSniper: 12:11pm On Aug 13, 2020
Seun360:

Giannis 'Sina Ugo Adetokunbo [born in Greece in 1994, the same
play-off season my main man Hakeem "The Dream" Olajuwon
won the NBA MVP award].

Giannis Yoruba father and Ibo-speaking mother.
Giannis has a Yoruba father so he is Yoruba
and Giannis never denied his links to Nigeria
AND he has a Nigerian passport as well!

The oldest of Giannis' brothers was BORN in
Lagos State and when the Adetokunbo family
migrated to Greece in the early 1990s before
Giannis was born, the first born was left behind in
Lagos to be taken care of by his grandparents.

Giannis is even being mentored by
[b]Hakeem "The Dream" Olajuwon [/b]who is from
Lagos State originally.

Read more here:
theundefeated.com/features/bucks-giannis-antetokounmpo-greek-freak-wants-to-go-back-to-his-nigerian-roots/

1 Share

Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo Named As Finalist For 2020 NBA MVP And DPY Of The Year by Denijacky: 8:21am On Aug 15, 2020
Compact b-ball frameworks are getting mainstream nowadays as they are advantageous. You should simply to amass the framework and begin hurling a few shots. In any case, it is profoundly essential to adhere to the producer's guidelines cautiously. On the off chance that you don't fill the base appropriately, the framework can spill and get harmed. In this way, fill the base cautiously to keep away from extreme wounds. basketball picker team

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ighalo Named Chinese Super League Player Of The Week / Nigerian Striker Dele Bashiru Leaves Man City To Join Watford / Ighalo Is Watford's Third Highest Earner With £30,000 Per Week Salary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.