Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,854 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:14 PM

Is Migrating To London Now Better Than Canada? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is Migrating To London Now Better Than Canada? (4528 Views)

Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada / A Nairalander's Trip To London, Abu Dhabi & Lagos / I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Migrating To London Now Better Than Canada? by VillageHead: 4:14pm On Aug 09, 2020
Hello house, I really need sincere advice here.

I graduated about 15 years ago and working. I have been planning on how to migrate to Canada to settle down. I was told that the best option for me to tow in that regard was PGWP. I been saving and working assiduously for this.

Few days back, someone very close to me suggested to me to consider London for my Masters programme and thereafter I can migrate to Canada after I have worked for about a year. He has contacts that would help me secure an admission and assist me with the necessary documents.

I only want to know if I will succeed in this regard, won't I be stuck at some point?
Should I save the money and continue pursuing my Canadian dream from here?
Since I've been out of school for long, will it be a hindrance getting an admission in Canada?

Please treat with urgency!
Re: Is Migrating To London Now Better Than Canada? by dawnomike(m): 4:26pm On Aug 09, 2020
Since Canada is your dream goal... Consider applying for your masters in Canadian universities instead.

Stick to your goal!!!

4 Likes

Re: Is Migrating To London Now Better Than Canada? by jaymichael(m): 4:49pm On Aug 09, 2020
VillageHead:

I graduated about 15 years ago and working. I have been planning on how to migrate to Canada to settle down. I was told that the best option for me to tow in that regard was PGWP. I been saving and working assiduously for this.

Few days back, someone very close to me suggested to me to consider London for my Masters programme and thereafter I can migrate to Canada after I have worked for about a year. He has contacts that would help me secure an admission and assist me with the necessary documents.

I only want to know if I will succeed in this regard, won't I be stuck at some point?
Since I've been out of school for long, will it be a hindrance getting an admission in Canada?

Please treat with urgency!Follow your original plan. Not everyone that is close to you mean well for you.

Re: Is Migrating To London Now Better Than Canada? by Nobody: 5:06pm On Aug 09, 2020
VillageHead:

I understand your friend, migrating from the uk Can be a lot faster, I’ve seen people do it... and a masters degree will surely earn u extra points....

But the money you will use for masters in the UK should already be enough for all your Canada express entry paroles...u already have enough experience...

.if you spend all that money now to the uk.... u will have to work for another set of money as proof of funds....that will be tough if u have a more than 3 kids....unless u are a doctor or nurse shaa which may get u a good job in the uk
But doing contract jobs in factories restaurants or stadium won’t earn u enough...

Focus on Canada now.. and get the fvck out of Nigeria..

5 Likes

Re: Is Migrating To London Now Better Than Canada? by Cousin9999: 11:02am On Aug 10, 2020
Focus on Canada, and try to do your master's there.

Also, consider the Provincial Nominee Program:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/provincial-nominees/works.html
Re: Is Migrating To London Now Better Than Canada? by Omon01(m): 9:42am On Aug 18, 2020
VillageHead:

Hello Op, i find myself in the same boat as you. I considered applying for a masters in Canada but then i saw the proof of funds required and even with that the success rate still looks bleak as only 1 in 20 students get visas recently. Even Maple (Canadian Education Top Consultants) now record failures in this regard despite the exorbitant fees and expertise. I got same advise and I've currently got offers in schools in UK. Kindly connect and keep us abreast of Ur decisions. Carefully consider Ur options and please protect Ur savings. Also be reminded that ur age is major determining factor be it for student visa to canada and also for immigration purposes. The points for express entry only goes up while ur age only brings down ur points. Plus UK currently offers Two year post study, By the Grace of God, hopefully dts enough time to plan and move. It is what it is. #GodSpeed

1 Like

Re: Is Migrating To London Now Better Than Canada? by Cousin9999: 12:15pm On Aug 18, 2020
Next year, the UK will start using a points-based system like Canada and Australia.
Re: Is Migrating To London Now Better Than Canada? by Cousin9999: 12:56pm On Aug 18, 2020
ednut1:
you keep posting this fallacy. The average foreigners cannot meet the requirements. Phd, job offer plus salary cap requirements. Stop giving you self false hope

lol What are you talking about?
Re: Is Migrating To London Now Better Than Canada? by ednut1(m): 1:01pm On Aug 18, 2020
Cousin9999:

lol What are you talking about?

stop talking about a program 99% of people wont quafily for
Re: Is Migrating To London Now Better Than Canada? by Cousin9999: 1:17pm On Aug 18, 2020
How will the UK points-based immigration system work?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-48785695
Re: Is Migrating To London Now Better Than Canada? by ednut1(m): 1:31pm On Aug 18, 2020
Cousin9999:
How will the UK points-based immigration system work?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-48785695
same thing as the picture i posted. Any country asking immigrants for phd, job offer with salary cap. Does not need immigrants
Re: Is Migrating To London Now Better Than Canada? by Cousin9999: 1:34pm On Aug 18, 2020
Canada currently has regional immigration as does Australia. The UK doesn't, but Scotland is pushing hard for it.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/feb/19/uk-immigration-plans-prompt-criticism-and-fresh-calls-for-scottish-visa
Re: Is Migrating To London Now Better Than Canada? by captainking(m): 8:53pm On Aug 18, 2020
Cousin9999:
Focus on Canada, and try to do your master's there.

Also, consider the Provincial Nominee Program:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/provincial-nominees/works.html
Hello.. It seems you are in Canada.. I have plans to do masters there.. Any advice please??
Re: Is Migrating To London Now Better Than Canada? by ednut1(m): 9:05pm On Aug 18, 2020
captainking:

Hello.. It seems you are in Canada.. I have plans to do masters there.. Any advice please??
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part
Re: Is Migrating To London Now Better Than Canada? by Godtemi: 7:55am On Aug 19, 2020
VillageHead:

Oga, that money you intend to use for master in UK can get you a good master in other European country with 85% of visa success rate.
Then save the remaining money for your Canada entry express.

WES evaluation will be same for master in UK and other EU country.

Example: you might end up spending like 7milion for UK process

While other EU countries will only cost you 3-4milion for all the process for your years of study.

Canada process all at max will cost you 1.5m
Apart from POF.

Please apply wisdom brother

4 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Uk Vs Australia (or Canada) / Re: Genuine Reason For Uk Visiting Visa / Does Anyone Here Live In Onitsha?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.