Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,797 members, 7,810,075 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:06 PM

Oba Of Benin: I Am Not Against Any Candidate, I Stand With Edo People - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oba Of Benin: I Am Not Against Any Candidate, I Stand With Edo People (21406 Views)

Wike To Rivers Voters: Trust My Chosen Presidential Candidate, I Won't Mislead Y / Machina: I’m Still APC Yobe North Candidate, I Did Not Step Down / Idia Ize-Iyamu On A Road Show With Edo State Commercial Drivers Union (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oba Of Benin: I Am Not Against Any Candidate, I Stand With Edo People by Kwanza: 4:36pm On Aug 09, 2020
Oba of Benin, the Ewuare N’Ogidgan II, says the Palace does not meddle into partisan politics and has no special candidate when it comes to who will become governor of Edo State.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qTeN4DuMUk

The revered monarch stated this on Saturday when he received the All Progressives Congress’ candidate for the forthcoming election, Osagie Ize-Iyamu, and other governors elected under the platform of APC.

The entourage visited the Oba at his Palace in Benin City, Edo State, during the flag-off of the party’s governorship campaign in the state.

While praying for the APC’s candidate, Oba Ewuare, said the Palace of the Oba of Benin does not choose any side when it comes to politics, but can only go with the will of the Edo people.

“I want to stress that no matter what anybody might think, we will remain non-partisan because we are expected as we are perceived by our people, because of the expectations of our people, and because of the laid down rules and guidelines of our ancestors, we must be a father to everybody.

“We are not expected to lean either way to this or to that, to anybody, because we see every candidate as our children, so we pray for everybody. We can’t lean towards a particular candidate, however, only God and our ancestors, know the mind of man,” Oba Ewuare stated.

He, however, noted that the Palace has not been happy with the recent events in the state and he advised that everyone should pray for a peaceful election in Edo State.

“There is nothing as powerful as prayers. As you go about your campaign, go about it peacefully and without bitterness,” the Oba of Benin told members of the APC present at his palace on Saturday.

The Oba advised all players in the Edo political scene to avoid conflict as they go about their political campaigns, stressing that the Palace is not against any candidate and that when the people have chosen their leader via the ballot box, then it is only customary that he as king will pray for chosen one so that the governor may succeed in office.

https://www.channelstv.com/2020/08/09/i-am-not-against-any-candidate-i-stand-with-edo-people-oba-of-benin/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin: I Am Not Against Any Candidate, I Stand With Edo People by Howtoday(f): 4:43pm On Aug 09, 2020
sad
Re: Oba Of Benin: I Am Not Against Any Candidate, I Stand With Edo People by yanabasee1(m): 4:44pm On Aug 09, 2020
I sensed fear.......

If his candidate lose nko? Sanusi's dethronement would've been a child's play..

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oba Of Benin: I Am Not Against Any Candidate, I Stand With Edo People by Mo3891: 4:46pm On Aug 09, 2020
cool

Smart king

66 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Oba Of Benin: I Am Not Against Any Candidate, I Stand With Edo People by helinues: 4:48pm On Aug 09, 2020
That's how it supposed to be.

Long live Oba of Benin

115 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Oba Of Benin: I Am Not Against Any Candidate, I Stand With Edo People by robosky02(m): 4:54pm On Aug 09, 2020
Very good

By the way all these people APC is flying onto Benin are they the once that will vote

Allow the indigenous people of the land decide their governor

Thanks to the Oba, if you like give am millions he is for nobody but for every Benin man�

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oba Of Benin: I Am Not Against Any Candidate, I Stand With Edo People by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:55pm On Aug 09, 2020
These wise words remind us of the Golden words from our Darling Daddy,
Daddy like no other
A man after God's heart.
Daddy of all sane, honest and hardworking Nigerians.

The KING and the PRESIDENT : TWO GREAT MEN!

15 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Oba Of Benin: I Am Not Against Any Candidate, I Stand With Edo People by HantaVirus(m): 4:55pm On Aug 09, 2020
Very good...A king must be 'apolitical' smiley

He must be a father to all..

Long live the Oba of benin ❤

59 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Oba Of Benin: I Am Not Against Any Candidate, I Stand With Edo People by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:55pm On Aug 09, 2020
THE KING HAS SPOKEN!!

Edolites, Be Wise........

Protect the future of your unborn kinds and also their unborn kids.

They will pray for you in the future.

Vote wisely for a man or woman that will better your life we beg of you.

We outsiders can only look from afar and comment,
We can't vote!
Edolites,
Your future is in your thumbs!

God bless Edo State.
God bless Nigeria.

Oba ghato kpere ..........

Eriokanmi:
thank you. We will vote wisely.
You are welcome.
All the very best to you and all Edolites.

This palace too fine abeg.....

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oba Of Benin: I Am Not Against Any Candidate, I Stand With Edo People by Slawormir: 4:55pm On Aug 09, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr

Nice one
Oba gha to okpere! Ise!
Oba of Benin no matter what does not involve in politics...he doesn't take side
He is more concerned about the security and progress of Edo state right from onset
He will pray for the two candidates
And normal buhari will endorse ize Iyamu.. because APC na im party.....that is not to say he is going to interfere....
.we are in Benin city...and i can bet my balls obaseki is coasting to victory

Criminals and the likes of kabaka are supporting Iyamu

While the people of Edo state are supporting the wake and see governor....

67 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Oba Of Benin: I Am Not Against Any Candidate, I Stand With Edo People by Buddy0: 4:55pm On Aug 09, 2020
Obaseki is still a goner..
Oba knows it...
Obaseki knows it...
Ipob miscreants also knows it...

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Oba Of Benin: I Am Not Against Any Candidate, I Stand With Edo People by Eboski(m): 4:55pm On Aug 09, 2020
Where is that poster that was misleading the public that oba thank PMB for endorsing a thief and a cultist according to Oshiomhole word to POI, he said the palace don't meddle into politics and Oshiomhole can bear him witness, he prayed for a peace election and thank everyone that come to paid him a visit, also said he will support whom the masses as choosing after election, also referring to PMB always talking about his father whenever he visited him in Ask rock maybe because he once served during PDP administration.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oba Of Benin: I Am Not Against Any Candidate, I Stand With Edo People by oluwaseunamos33(m): 4:55pm On Aug 09, 2020
As for me, am against oshiomole and his candidate but in support of obaseki

21 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin: I Am Not Against Any Candidate, I Stand With Edo People by Baawaa(m): 4:56pm On Aug 09, 2020
The king have spoken, Edo decides September 19,
We are waiting for the outcome, remember 4years means a lot,so decide right

3 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin: I Am Not Against Any Candidate, I Stand With Edo People by Nathdoug201: 4:56pm On Aug 09, 2020
Wise king..
Oba otorkpeee...
Iseee

4 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin: I Am Not Against Any Candidate, I Stand With Edo People by Mrshape: 4:56pm On Aug 09, 2020
Give away by8pm don't miss out on today's edition

https://www.nairaland.com/6042385/basic-mathematics-give-away-8
Re: Oba Of Benin: I Am Not Against Any Candidate, I Stand With Edo People by emmabest2000(m): 4:57pm On Aug 09, 2020
Audio stand ,
We know who's side you stand grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oba Of Benin: I Am Not Against Any Candidate, I Stand With Edo People by money121(m): 4:57pm On Aug 09, 2020
Ok
Re: Oba Of Benin: I Am Not Against Any Candidate, I Stand With Edo People by DigitalyYours: 4:57pm On Aug 09, 2020
Good one...

I love the fact that the Oba is apolitical. That is how it ought to be,for the interest of his subjects

Long live the Okpolokpolo

3 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin: I Am Not Against Any Candidate, I Stand With Edo People by free2ryhme: 4:58pm On Aug 09, 2020

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin: I Am Not Against Any Candidate, I Stand With Edo People by Bsure: 4:58pm On Aug 09, 2020
nice
Re: Oba Of Benin: I Am Not Against Any Candidate, I Stand With Edo People by free2ryhme: 4:58pm On Aug 09, 2020
yanabasee1:
I sensed fear.......

If his candidate lose nko? Sanusi's dethronement would've been a child's play..

You think Edo state is kano state?

Go and find out what happened to Anthony Ibe Onyearugbulem military administrator of Edo state that didn't even do this much.... the records are there

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin: I Am Not Against Any Candidate, I Stand With Edo People by Oizee(f): 4:58pm On Aug 09, 2020
Hmmm, following this Edo election like no other
Re: Oba Of Benin: I Am Not Against Any Candidate, I Stand With Edo People by bizhop01: 4:58pm On Aug 09, 2020
Oshiomhole and his criminal candidate want to corrupt Oba with their virus.

15 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin: I Am Not Against Any Candidate, I Stand With Edo People by maestroferddi: 4:58pm On Aug 09, 2020
APC will never learn....

6 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin: I Am Not Against Any Candidate, I Stand With Edo People by Bigbishung(m): 4:59pm On Aug 09, 2020
Damn niggar come and see something
Re: Oba Of Benin: I Am Not Against Any Candidate, I Stand With Edo People by Eriokanmi: 4:59pm On Aug 09, 2020
emmabest2000:
Audio stand ,
We know who's side you stand grin
grin
Re: Oba Of Benin: I Am Not Against Any Candidate, I Stand With Edo People by Eriokanmi: 5:00pm On Aug 09, 2020
bizhop01:
Oshiomhole and his criminal candidate want to corrupt Oba with their virus.
hahahaha

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin: I Am Not Against Any Candidate, I Stand With Edo People by Sinmi101(m): 5:00pm On Aug 09, 2020
Who're Edo people supporting ? Obaseki lols since the king is with Edo people then .... Are you thinking wat I'm thinking grin cool

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Was Atiku Head Of Obasanjo’s Economic Management Team? (Fact Check) / Datti Baba-ahmed At Joy FM Sokoto Today (Video, Photos) / Wike Dissociates Self From Comments Made By Media Aide Alleging A Judicial Gangu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.