Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,577 members, 7,820,075 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:22 AM

Oba Of Benin: I Am Not Against Any Candidate, I Stand With Edo People - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oba Of Benin: I Am Not Against Any Candidate, I Stand With Edo People (21428 Views)

Wike To Rivers Voters: Trust My Chosen Presidential Candidate, I Won't Mislead Y / Machina: I’m Still APC Yobe North Candidate, I Did Not Step Down / Idia Ize-Iyamu On A Road Show With Edo State Commercial Drivers Union (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oba Of Benin: I Am Not Against Any Candidate, I Stand With Edo People by Fhowe: 5:26pm On Aug 09, 2020
Eboski:
Where is that poster that was misleading the public that oba thank PMB for endorsing a thief and a cultist according to Oshiomhole word to POI, he said the palace don't meddle into politics and Oshiomhole can bear him witness, he prayed for a peace election and thank everyone that come to paid him a visit, also said he will support whom the masses as choosing after election, also referring to PMB always talking about his father whenever he visited him in Ask rock maybe because he once served during PDP administration.
apc trying to get the palace invovled at all cost ,Oshiomole looking for cheap points as usual , I do much respect obaseki any day any time even tony Kabaka that is campaigning against this man the road that leads to his house was tarred by obaseki his boss (Oshiomole ruled for 8 years and did not touch that road)

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin: I Am Not Against Any Candidate, I Stand With Edo People by Tflex01: 5:30pm On Aug 09, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr

Nice one
Oba gha to okpere! Ise!
Oba of Benin no matter what does not involve in politics...he doesn't take side
He is more concerned about the security and progress of Edo state right from onset
He will pray for the two candidates
And normal buhari will endorse ize Iyamu.. because APC na im party.....that is not to say he is going to interfere....
.we are in Benin city...and i can bet my balls obaseki is coasting to victory

Criminals and the likes of kabaka are supporting Iyamu

While the people of Edo state are supporting the wake and see governor....

Your balls are not useful in the first place.

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin: I Am Not Against Any Candidate, I Stand With Edo People by zeusdgrt(m): 5:37pm On Aug 09, 2020
michaeltosu:

Oba Ator Kpee
Iseeeeeeeee!

3 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin: I Am Not Against Any Candidate, I Stand With Edo People by israelmao(m): 5:38pm On Aug 09, 2020
A word pregnant with meanings.
Re: Oba Of Benin: I Am Not Against Any Candidate, I Stand With Edo People by ttobizz(m): 5:40pm On Aug 09, 2020
yanabasee1:
I sensed fear.......

If his candidate lose nko? Sanusi's dethronement would've been a child's play..

Not in Bini Kingdom
Here, kings are truly kings
Once in, Noway out, unless death

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin: I Am Not Against Any Candidate, I Stand With Edo People by idmicheal20: 5:48pm On Aug 09, 2020
Meninmen:

Lol. Shut the f*ck up. You don't have to say anything. Fear who actually? The Obas of Benin have never been known to support a particular candidate over another. Why should he fear? Does the oba of Benin look like your Obas that your governors appoint like political aides?
This guy get bad mouth...�� grin grin

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin: I Am Not Against Any Candidate, I Stand With Edo People by israelmao(m): 5:50pm On Aug 09, 2020
post=92633112:
These wise words remind us of the Golden words from our Darling Daddy,
Daddy like no other
A man after God's heart.
Daddy of all sane, honest and hardworking Nigerians.

The KING and the PRESIDENT : TWO GREAT MEN!

"I belong to nobody,I belong to everybody".This has failed a practical test going by the happenings in the past 5years that Buhari has been there,all these are glaring to those who have refused to remain blinded permanently

Re: Oba Of Benin: I Am Not Against Any Candidate, I Stand With Edo People by thundafire: 5:54pm On Aug 09, 2020
Only God know the kind spirit were dey roam for that palace especially wen Oba seat for him throne

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin: I Am Not Against Any Candidate, I Stand With Edo People by executive12: 5:54pm On Aug 09, 2020
Well said. The Oba of Benin is a man that understands his role as the father for all. Quite unlike the agbero that occupies the throne in Lagos as the Oba of Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin: I Am Not Against Any Candidate, I Stand With Edo People by Myself2(m): 6:00pm On Aug 09, 2020
yanabasee1:
I sensed fear.......

Your ignorance oozes to high heavens.

You think Bini kingdom under the present Omo N' Oba N Edo is same as Kano emirate under Sanusi ?

I laugh in Ijesha. Consider these points:

1. Do you even realize that Sanusi was an impostor to that throne and wasn't the rightful heir to the throne that ought to have been sworn in ? The present emir wa supposed to be sworn in when Sanusi was sworn in

2. Bini people cherish and revere their king way more than Kano people do their emir and the rubbish that happened with Sanusi can never ever happen in Bini kingdom

3. The two contestants somehow are of royal descent so they are not the ones that will attempt to drag the throne of their forebears in the mud for many obvious reasons

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin: I Am Not Against Any Candidate, I Stand With Edo People by kosiebe(m): 6:03pm On Aug 09, 2020
oluwaseunamos33:
As for me, am against oshiomole and his candidate but in support of obaseki
Who cares!

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin: I Am Not Against Any Candidate, I Stand With Edo People by favour32(m): 6:07pm On Aug 09, 2020
yanabasee1:
I sensed fear.......

Be in a dream land.
The Benin Kingdom is unique.
As it is reiterated, the Oba of Benin is above any Edo state governor and cannot do nothing.
But in other areas, theirs kings are errand boys to their governors.
Dem never born any governor wey go think am, talk more to do am.
Others fit use their kings dey do nyamayama....you hear?
Re: Oba Of Benin: I Am Not Against Any Candidate, I Stand With Edo People by Abudu2000(m): 6:20pm On Aug 09, 2020
Myself2:

Your ignorance oozes to high heavens.

You think Bini kingdom under the present Omo N' Oba N Edo is same as Kano emirate under Sanusi ?

I laugh in Ijesha. Consider these points:

1. Do you even realize that Sanusi was an impostor to that throne and wasn't the rightful heir to the throne that ought to have been sworn in ? The present emir wa supposed to be sworn in when Sanusi was sworn in

2. Bini people cherish and revere their king way more than Kano people do their emir and the rubbish that happened with Sanusi can never ever happen in Bini kingdom

3. The two contestants somehow are of royal descent so they are not the ones that will attempt to drag the throne of their forebears in the mud for many obvious reasons
lol kano keh, if u are talking of kingdoms with high standards kano isn't one of them. Maybe Ife
Re: Oba Of Benin: I Am Not Against Any Candidate, I Stand With Edo People by DeRay98(m): 6:33pm On Aug 09, 2020
yanabasee1:
I sensed fear.......

What a stupid and ignorant talk.
You think Oba is a govt appointee like Emirs? He owns the land and govt can remove him or you wait to see wetin go happen when Bini respond.
Some of you teenagers are talk anyhow here
Re: Oba Of Benin: I Am Not Against Any Candidate, I Stand With Edo People by Eboski(m): 6:37pm On Aug 09, 2020
Fhowe:
apc trying to get the palace invovled at all cost ,Oshiomole looking for cheap points as usual , I do much respect obaseki any day any time even tony Kabaka that is campaigning against this man the road that leads to his house was tarred by obaseki his boss (Oshiomole ruled for 8 years and did not touch that road)
God bless my brother, edolites knows who to vote for comes September 19th, all this zombies for south west insulting and calling Igbos names they are not from Edo state.
Re: Oba Of Benin: I Am Not Against Any Candidate, I Stand With Edo People by Akhigbeblog(m): 6:49pm On Aug 09, 2020
yanabasee1:
I sensed fear.......

They can't try it with Oba
Re: Oba Of Benin: I Am Not Against Any Candidate, I Stand With Edo People by rapid101(m): 7:04pm On Aug 09, 2020
yanabasee1:
I sensed fear.......

their re kings u can never dethrone no matter what
Oba of Benin
obi of agbo
obong of calabar
the asagba of asaba
d obi of Onitsha
and probably the emir of sokoto
and emir of illorin
u see dis kings
they hold too much sway in their respective domain
most times they determine governors of their state
Re: Oba Of Benin: I Am Not Against Any Candidate, I Stand With Edo People by boogie2: 7:05pm On Aug 09, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr

Nice one
Oba gha to okpere! Ise!
Oba of Benin no matter what does not involve in politics...he doesn't take side
He is more concerned about the security and progress of Edo state right from onset
He will pray for the two candidates
And normal buhari will endorse ize Iyamu.. because APC na im party.....that is not to say he is going to interfere....
.we are in Benin city...and i can bet my balls obaseki is coasting to victory

Criminals and the likes of kabaka are supporting Iyamu

While the people of Edo state are supporting the wake and see governor....

Guy you sabi.
Re: Oba Of Benin: I Am Not Against Any Candidate, I Stand With Edo People by able20(m): 7:10pm On Aug 09, 2020
helinues:
That's how it supposed to be.

Long live Oba of Benin
Yes oh, naa Oba wey Sabi, unlike the mumu Oba of Lagos Miss Akiolu.
Re: Oba Of Benin: I Am Not Against Any Candidate, I Stand With Edo People by Kylce042(m): 7:17pm On Aug 09, 2020
yanabasee1:
I sensed fear.......

But then Edo no be Kano comes to mind.
Re: Oba Of Benin: I Am Not Against Any Candidate, I Stand With Edo People by crisycent: 7:19pm On Aug 09, 2020
yanabasee1:
I sensed fear.......

Please, don’t ever mention fear whenever the Oba of Benin is mentioned.
Re: Oba Of Benin: I Am Not Against Any Candidate, I Stand With Edo People by Theoarhics: 7:36pm On Aug 09, 2020
And Edo ppl stand with Governor Obaseki
Re: Oba Of Benin: I Am Not Against Any Candidate, I Stand With Edo People by Bigchristo: 7:38pm On Aug 09, 2020
yanabasee1:
I sensed fear.......

Nobody can dethrone Edo Monarch,as the throne has a lineage of hereditary, it started since history the Oba can only bless the candidate that won the election, they’re not partisan so stop saying what you don’t know, That of the emir is a case of appointee but Benin kingship is by birth, there are only selected families that can inherit the throne, there is already a crowned prince that stand as heir to the throne.
Re: Oba Of Benin: I Am Not Against Any Candidate, I Stand With Edo People by rummmy: 7:40pm On Aug 09, 2020
post=92633112:
These wise words remind us of the Golden words from our Darling Daddy,
Daddy like no other
A man after God's heart.
Daddy of all sane, honest and hardworking Nigerians.

The KING and the PRESIDENT : TWO GREAT MEN!
jonsing.
Re: Oba Of Benin: I Am Not Against Any Candidate, I Stand With Edo People by Kingspin(m): 7:53pm On Aug 09, 2020
helinues:
That's how it supposed to be.

Long live Oba of Benin
Apc are using all manner of a campaign(public perception) to pave way for rigging. Everybody will think all people are with them. That feeling begin from news like this.

Far from it, this may be different from actual voting. I only pray INEC to do a better job this time.
Re: Oba Of Benin: I Am Not Against Any Candidate, I Stand With Edo People by 4tomandchi: 8:10pm On Aug 09, 2020
Going by his statement he is with Edo people and right now the sentiment favors Obaseki. So the Oba is with Obaseki. When APC eventually rig and win he will be with Eze-OleBarawo
Re: Oba Of Benin: I Am Not Against Any Candidate, I Stand With Edo People by itu404(m): 8:31pm On Aug 09, 2020
yanabasee1:
I sensed fear.......

Before you talk from the sides of your mouth, why not read about the traditional institution of the Benis? The Binis holds their OBA in reverential esteem unlike other monarchy. Bini empire is among the four notable empire known in the world today.
before this post another appears this morning trying with all might to say that the Oba had endorsed the candidacy of Iyamu you want to try harder in your spin.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

‘IPOB Members’ Attack In South Africa Disgraceful’ - IPOB / Theories To Explain The Backward State Of Africa / Orji Uzor Kalu’s Mother, Brothers Join APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.