Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,988 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:54 PM

Guys, I Need Your Advice... My Aunty Downgrades Or Belittles Me A Lot - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Guys, I Need Your Advice... My Aunty Downgrades Or Belittles Me A Lot (1195 Views)

I'm I Wrong For Calling Out My Aunty For Terrible Attitude Towards Men???? / I Almost bleeped My Aunty When I Was 13 And Now Am Regrating It. / Please Advice. My Babe Got Arrested (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Guys, I Need Your Advice... My Aunty Downgrades Or Belittles Me A Lot by ProudNg: 7:16pm On Aug 09, 2020
It hurts me a lot as the woman I stays with and my supposed aunty belittles me a lot. It makes me depress while wondering when this kind of life will end.

Before now, I was a very bold guy, who always steps up his game among his friends but as a result of staying with this woman, I am now an introvert, who can't let a day go by without necessarily thinking about how my life is different from others.

Before now and while in the village, among my friends, I am usually considered one of the cutest but as a result of staying with this woman, he spoke so much about me not being a fine boy and now, I have no option but to see myself as not being a fine boy.

She always remind me of my height. I am not that tall (5 feet 4Inches or something). As such, he keeps reminding of how am not a man enough and won't be able to marry a beautiful girl even though I currently date one of the most beautiful girl ever (She is almost same height with me). He keeps telling me that his children will be taller than me and as such, the children even call me "shortman" and keeps assuming with me. A younger relative of about 19years, who is taller than me visited and her younger son of about 8years was telling me, the guy who visited can beat me. That is how they belittle me base on my height in this house. The funny thing is that the woman in question is a midget where I am but due to the fact that women's height is not that a big deal, she feels she can belittle me.

Anyways, I have tried to get over the height and fine boy thing and accept myself just the way, God created me but I still get hurt with one attitude of hers towards me:

When serving food, she will serve me, who is 23years as if I am his 7years old boy. He will serve my food and meat little and do reverse for his children. I notice when she calls me to come get my food, that is when she starts complaining about how "there are only bones in the soup or stew" and when she does this, I know definitely, she was serving me a bone for that moment while the children will have meat. even if she serves me meat, you can never compare mine to that of her small kids.

Many of you won't understand but I get hurt a lot. Please, is this just normal stuffs with staying with someone, who is not your mother.

1 Like

Re: Guys, I Need Your Advice... My Aunty Downgrades Or Belittles Me A Lot by EzzyCarter: 7:18pm On Aug 09, 2020
My brother, nobody can make you make you feel inferior unless you allow them to. In life, for you to go far, you need to develop a thick skin to people who try to dampen your confidence or widen your insecurities. Life is full of stages and levels and everywhere you meet people who try to throw your so called flaws in your face.
Trust me on this, once they see their words don't get to you, sooner or later, they'll get tired and stop. I'm sure your aunt is aware her words are getting you bothered...

Everything boils down to your mindset bruv, if you believe and act like you're the prize, it will reflect on the outward..Never take harsh/toxic words to heart. Same applies to excessive compliments and flattery. Improve yourself, work hard , achieve your goals and keep your head high... Cheers man

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Guys, I Need Your Advice... My Aunty Downgrades Or Belittles Me A Lot by 1Alex: 7:26pm On Aug 09, 2020
I stopped reading where you mentioned that you date a beautiful girl.

If I were you, I would ignore my auntie and upgrade myself in whatever I do, then get a house and leave her before I start dating.

4 Likes

Re: Guys, I Need Your Advice... My Aunty Downgrades Or Belittles Me A Lot by Nobody: 7:28pm On Aug 09, 2020
Downgrade and belittle her also

What's good for the goose is also good for the gander

1 Like

Re: Guys, I Need Your Advice... My Aunty Downgrades Or Belittles Me A Lot by Mgtowmonk: 7:31pm On Aug 09, 2020

1 Like

Re: Guys, I Need Your Advice... My Aunty Downgrades Or Belittles Me A Lot by paulolee(m): 7:33pm On Aug 09, 2020
chaaaiiii....
Re: Guys, I Need Your Advice... My Aunty Downgrades Or Belittles Me A Lot by Nobody: 8:03pm On Aug 09, 2020
paulolee:
chaaaiiii....
Guy get the f out of that house now or bear the moral onslaught as the price you pay for free rent and food.
Women generally mistreat anyone staying with them irrespective of wether they are related or not.

2 Likes

Re: Guys, I Need Your Advice... My Aunty Downgrades Or Belittles Me A Lot by Kabir5643(m): 8:13pm On Aug 09, 2020
Reading this your post was hard o. The way 'she' was changing to 'he' and vice versa made me really crazy.

Well, as for my advice, just ignore, no one can make you feel bad unless you allow him/her

3 Likes

Re: Guys, I Need Your Advice... My Aunty Downgrades Or Belittles Me A Lot by Professorcplus(m): 8:14pm On Aug 09, 2020
Sadly, some women are psychological damaged and in return transfer the aggression to someone closer. You may not be able to control her actions towards you but you can control yours towards her. Just don't look down on yourself and see everything she does as a stepping stone to becoming a great man. Atimes in life we need such people in our life. They are just like driving force that propel us into greater exploit.

3 Likes

Re: Guys, I Need Your Advice... My Aunty Downgrades Or Belittles Me A Lot by Zayttoven: 9:49pm On Aug 09, 2020
You're 23 and she still treats you like a child?
Is she a direct aunt or your uncle's wife?
If the latter is the case, does your uncle know what is going on?

At your age, you're old enough not to stay with an extended family.
Re: Guys, I Need Your Advice... My Aunty Downgrades Or Belittles Me A Lot by PrettyBunny(f): 11:33pm On Aug 09, 2020
First of all, I am sorry for the emotional and psychological stress you are going through. It's not an easy one and I hope you don't get depressed.

My advice is that you find your way out of that house as soon as possible. Those words are harming you already. Very soon, they will start making you to think of harming yourself..

So please, leave there soonest. You are still too young to be damaged by someone that has lived her life. I hope you find a solution soonest.
Re: Guys, I Need Your Advice... My Aunty Downgrades Or Belittles Me A Lot by GeneralKoko(m): 11:46pm On Aug 09, 2020
Same thing I faced when I was with my bestie . Thank Goodness d say we don cut ties after three years .

If I remember, I was this happy guy with so much life and vibe in me but this girl kept belittling me , kept calling me ugly and somehow insulted me regularly so she could feel beautiful.
How TF do you introduce me to your friends as "My ugly bestie " who does that

Thank God say we don don split Sha because my life had turned upside down . From extrovert that was loved to an introvert. When I started becoming quiet people , most people , perceived it as pride ,even my closest nigga started calling me proud , not knowing I was battling with low self esteem. Chai!!
Helen e no go better for you!
Re: Guys, I Need Your Advice... My Aunty Downgrades Or Belittles Me A Lot by lincsnuel: 11:55pm On Aug 09, 2020
Hahaha

OP, if you have the means, then I would advise you to move away from that environment. If you are not capable of doing that, then stay and manage till you're ready to move out.

The woman is emotionally bruising your ego. She might not be physically harming you but does words can deal an equivalent amount of damage or even more to your self esteem.
Re: Guys, I Need Your Advice... My Aunty Downgrades Or Belittles Me A Lot by chinchonglee(m): 12:16am On Aug 10, 2020
See wetin dey bother u!!

pple nor get problems sha
Re: Guys, I Need Your Advice... My Aunty Downgrades Or Belittles Me A Lot by MrBrownJay1(m): 12:40am On Aug 10, 2020
ProudNg:
It hurts me a lot as the woman I stays with and my supposed aunty belittles me a lot. It makes me depress while wondering when this kind of life will end.

Before now, I was a very bold guy, who always steps up his game among his friends but as a result of staying with this woman, I am now an introvert, who can't let a day go by without necessarily thinking about how my life is different from others.

Before now and while in the village, among my friends, I am usually considered one of the cutest but as a result of staying with this woman, he spoke so much about me not being a fine boy and now, I have no option but to see myself as not being a fine boy.

She always remind me of my height. I am not that tall (5 feet 4Inches or something). As such, he keeps reminding of how am not a man enough and won't be able to marry a beautiful girl even though I currently date one of the most beautiful girl ever (She is almost same height with me). He keeps telling me that his children will be taller than me and as such, the children even call me "shortman" and keeps assuming with me. A younger relative of about 19years, who is taller than me visited and her younger son of about 8years was telling me, the guy who visited can beat me. That is how they belittle me base on my height in this house. The funny thing is that the woman in question is a midget where I am but due to the fact that women's height is not that a big deal, she feels she can belittle me.

Anyways, I have tried to get over the height and fine boy thing and accept myself just the way, God created me but I still get hurt with one attitude of hers towards me:

When serving food, she will serve me, who is 23years as if I am his 7years old boy. He will serve my food and meat little and do reverse for his children. I notice when she calls me to come get my food, that is when she starts complaining about how "there are only bones in the soup or stew" and when she does this, I know definitely, she was serving me a bone for that moment while the children will have meat. even if she serves me meat, you can never compare mine to that of her small kids.

Many of you won't understand but I get hurt a lot. Please, is this just normal stuffs with staying with someone, who is not your mother.

have you ever thought of getting your own place and being INDEPENDENT?!?! at 23yrs old, people are still serving you like a baby?! no wonder your aunty may have enough of you under her roof. MOVE OUT!
Re: Guys, I Need Your Advice... My Aunty Downgrades Or Belittles Me A Lot by frozen70(f): 4:07am On Aug 10, 2020
ProudNg:

I can see that you over rated yourself that's why she is bringing you down

What exactly are you doing staying with her
Re: Guys, I Need Your Advice... My Aunty Downgrades Or Belittles Me A Lot by HeavenlyCherub(f): 4:31am On Aug 10, 2020
ProudNg:

I’m so sorry for this mental abuse you are going through. Always remember you are wonderfully and fearfully made. Don’t think about what people think of you. What does God say about you

1 Like

Re: Guys, I Need Your Advice... My Aunty Downgrades Or Belittles Me A Lot by Powerfly(f): 6:15am On Aug 10, 2020
In-other-words, you used to be an alpha-male untill your aunt relegated you to a simp. Because that's what the alpha-males would tell you. They'll call you a simp.
Re: Guys, I Need Your Advice... My Aunty Downgrades Or Belittles Me A Lot by Nobody: 8:35am On Aug 10, 2020
I have a plan for those who bullshit me when I got nothing& they look at me like quidam
The only way they can escape it is only if I don't eventually make that money which is impossible cool
Re: Guys, I Need Your Advice... My Aunty Downgrades Or Belittles Me A Lot by Nobody: 9:56am On Aug 10, 2020

(1) (Reply)

Topic deleted / The High Rate Of Prostitution In Nigeria / 5 Latest Jaw Dropping Pictures Of Faith Nketsi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.