Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,561 members, 7,827,096 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:04 AM

Atiku, Odili, Na’abba — The Political Careers Obasanjo Killed - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku, Odili, Na’abba — The Political Careers Obasanjo Killed (25016 Views)

Ghali Na’Abba Died Without A House, Left ₦250k In Bank — Hussain Na’abba / Polls: Ortom Breaks Ranks, G5 Governors Battle To Save Political Careers / The Political Careers Obasanjo Ruined, By Fredrick Nwabufo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku, Odili, Na’abba — The Political Careers Obasanjo Killed by Nobody: 9:00am On Aug 10, 2020
fykes:
I don't think obj killed atiku"s career. Atiku could have been a governor before he became VP.
He still has/have the chance to revive his career and why he hasn't done that uptill now baffles me.
He has the network and funds and even sympathy to become the governor of his state, that will afford him the opportunity to show what he can do, grant him access to funds and a huge political capital to mobilize and oil his machinery for a presidential contest.
Why the Waziri hasn't done this and if he goes away politically, I won't blame obj. He's always had a political lifeline.

What kind of joke is this?

Atiku is bigger than the post of Governor.

1 Like

Re: Atiku, Odili, Na’abba — The Political Careers Obasanjo Killed by MrMcJay(m): 9:02am On Aug 10, 2020
angelfallz:

Please what is NADECO?

National Democratic Coalition. You can google it and read more on it. You will find it interesting.

1 Like

Re: Atiku, Odili, Na’abba — The Political Careers Obasanjo Killed by TroubleMaker47(m): 9:06am On Aug 10, 2020
Lajet:
Odili is not from Ikwerre
How Odili was able to get a perpetual injunction from prosecution in any corruption case is still a marvel to me!
As in what constitution permits that in the first place?!
That's tantamount to lifetime immunity!!!
Re: Atiku, Odili, Na’abba — The Political Careers Obasanjo Killed by TroubleMaker47(m): 9:09am On Aug 10, 2020
[code][/code]
fykes:
I don't think obj killed atiku"s career. Atiku could have been a governor before he became VP.
He still has/have the chance to revive his career and why he hasn't done that uptill now baffles me.
He has the network and funds and even sympathy to become the governor of his state, that will afford him the opportunity to show what he can do, grant him access to funds and a huge political capital to mobilize and oil his machinery for a presidential contest.
Why the Waziri hasn't done this and if he goes away politically, I won't blame obj. He's always had a political lifeline.
A Former Vice president stepping down to run for Governor is a big letdown! Believe me he will loss so many followers if he tries that, it's like a former deputy Senate president now running for speaker state house of assembly!
Re: Atiku, Odili, Na’abba — The Political Careers Obasanjo Killed by KingBaba1(m): 9:13am On Aug 10, 2020
MrMcJay:

When Williams was killed, his wife Hilda pointedly accused PDP of killing her husband so he won't contest the primaries as winning the primaries was sure for him. She accused Obanikoro and Bode George of having a hand in his death.

Thereafter, she then contested and won the PDP Guber ticket for Lagos. Bode George and Obanikoro went to PDP Abuja and Ahmadu Ali as PDP National chairman upturned her victory and gave it to Obanikoro.

That was when what happened became clear to everyone and she decamped to ACN under Tinubu. She got a flat in Ikoyi from Tinubu as she had to leave their home in Dolphin estate in Ikoyi.
i understand u so well, but had it been Tinubu was duely accused and prosecuted for the murderer of Williams, it would have surely affected his political career. Iyiola omisore can't win any osun election today because he was the main suspect of late attorney general chief bola ige's murder. Ijesha people still hold that against him and that's why he has been loosing the ife/ijesha federal constituency votes even though a competent court of law has vindicated him on the said murdered case
Re: Atiku, Odili, Na’abba — The Political Careers Obasanjo Killed by Jostoman: 9:17am On Aug 10, 2020
ThatFairGuy:

That's why fayose still have regards for Tinubu till date
Tinubu is their leader in Lagos State while BABA OBASANJO is our leader in Yoruba land.
Re: Atiku, Odili, Na’abba — The Political Careers Obasanjo Killed by angelfallz(m): 9:24am On Aug 10, 2020
Sammy07:
because atiku and tinubu are friends.
business partners.

I won't be surprised if atiku has shares in TVC or the nation

Wait oh who owns the nation newspaper?
Re: Atiku, Odili, Na’abba — The Political Careers Obasanjo Killed by angelfallz(m): 9:25am On Aug 10, 2020
MrMcJay:

National Democratic Coalition. You can google it and read more on it. You will find it interesting.

Thank you.
Re: Atiku, Odili, Na’abba — The Political Careers Obasanjo Killed by angelfallz(m): 9:25am On Aug 10, 2020
Re: Atiku, Odili, Na’abba — The Political Careers Obasanjo Killed by Sammy07: 9:26am On Aug 10, 2020
angelfallz:

Wait oh who owns the nation newspaper?
Tinubu owns both.
Re: Atiku, Odili, Na’abba — The Political Careers Obasanjo Killed by Sammy07: 9:28am On Aug 10, 2020
Jostoman:
Tinubu is their leader in Lagos State while BABA OBASANJO is our leader in Yoruba land.

Chief Obafemi Awolowo (Asiwaju of Yoruba Land).
He's the only leader we have in Yoruba land.
What is Obasanjo achievements in Southwest?

Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu (Asiwaju of Lagos) is the leader of Lagos state.

2 Likes

Re: Atiku, Odili, Na’abba — The Political Careers Obasanjo Killed by angelfallz(m): 9:34am On Aug 10, 2020
bhella10:
Bros you know your onions. I tuale you. Jagaban is a political juggernaut. He's unstoppable not even a president as strong as Obj nor any of his minions. I don't see why awon Omo olori pelebe yen are trying to pull him down. I don't know what he did to them. Somebody should help us o

But bro, wait oh. Does it not look like what OBJ was unable to do, Buhari has done it? I mean OBJ couldn't kill the political career of Tinubu, but Buhari did it.
Re: Atiku, Odili, Na’abba — The Political Careers Obasanjo Killed by MrMcJay(m): 9:35am On Aug 10, 2020
KingBaba1:
i understand u so well, but had it been Tinubu was duely accused and prosecuted for the murderer of Williams, it would have surely affected his political career. Iyiola omisore can't win any osun election today because he was the main suspect of late attorney general chief bola ige's murder. Ijesha people still hold that against him and that's why he has been loosing the ife/ijesha federal constituency votes even though a competent court of law has vindicated him on the said murdered case

Funsho Wiliiams, AK Dikibo, Marshall Harry, Bola Ige, Jerry Agbeyegbe, Chief Dele Arojo, Age Omolemomu, Barrister Morakinyo Ayopo, Tunde Aloba, Otunba Olumayowa Olukoya (former Ogun SSG) were all assassinated during PDP's years. Yet, not a single killer was found and prosecuted.

Funsho William's wife and family pointedly accused Bode George and Koro of involvement in Funsho Williams' death and the police investigated it. Yet, you want Tinubu accused and prosecuted. You are funny o.

Do you even know why Wole Soyinka referred to PDP as a nest of murderers?

4 Likes

Re: Atiku, Odili, Na’abba — The Political Careers Obasanjo Killed by angelfallz(m): 9:41am On Aug 10, 2020
Sammy07:

Na tinubu saved fayose nah.

OBJ almost ruined him

Wait oh, is it the same fayose that was making noise with EFCC?
So OBJ nearly finished him, and Tinubu saved him. Wow
grin

3 Likes

Re: Atiku, Odili, Na’abba — The Political Careers Obasanjo Killed by Arkmanbuddy(m): 9:44am On Aug 10, 2020
MrMcJay:

The problem Atiku has is that he has a perception problem. He has been tagged as a thief and he hasn't done enough to shed that tag. Obasanjo gazetted him as a thief in a Federal Government Gazette before the court ruled that it was illegal. However, Atiku himself hasn't done much to shed that. Not that Atiku is worse than the average Nigerian politician but Obasanjo really ruined Atiku to the extent that since 1999, Atiku has ever won his own state of Adamawa.

Secondly, Atiku lacks grassroots support. The thing with grassroots support is that it is something money can not buy. As a grassroots politician, people would be willing to use their own personal resources to push your cause.

Atiku has had several chances to endear himself to the masses, but he's consistently bungled that. This current government has made several foolish mistakes and insensitive decisions. Have you heard Atiku say anything in defence of the people who are potential voters? No. But once election time comes, he finds his voice. You saw Atiku almost sleeping in the SE during the last election. When last did you see him there? When last did he visit senior SE leaders?

Atiku only plays only election politics and that is why he would keep losing till infinity. Sensible politicians endear themselves to their people and those people are the ones who are voters. Atiku needs to learn how to play politics. There is more to politics than bribing delegates and paying bloggers to promote rubbish.

Well said.

2 Likes

Re: Atiku, Odili, Na’abba — The Political Careers Obasanjo Killed by angelfallz(m): 9:44am On Aug 10, 2020
DimIsaac10:
Some persons don't know the meaning of a killed political career..
Atiku keh.
Even @ 70+ the man head stand straight..
His name can shake anything...
He is a godfather oooooooo.
Can Obasanjo even win his state now politically?.
Some bloggers sef......
Atiku is far far more bigger than all those cheap cheap political post......
Baba want presidency and if its destined, he might still get it.

I doubt he would have ever get the presidency. He lost the opportunity in 2003, 2011 and 2015.

1 Like

Re: Atiku, Odili, Na’abba — The Political Careers Obasanjo Killed by Sammy07: 9:46am On Aug 10, 2020
MrMcJay:

Funsho Wiliiams, AK Dikibo, Marshall Harry, Bola Ige, Jerry Agbeyegbe, Chief Dele Arojo, Age Omolemomu, Barrister Morakinyo Ayopo, Tunde Aloba, Otunba Olumayowa Olukoya (former Ogun SSG) were all assassinated during PDP's years. Yet, not a single killer was found and prosecuted.

Funsho William's wife and family pointedly accused Bode George and Koro of involvement in Funsho Williams' death and the police investigated it. Yet, you want Tinubu accused and prosecuted. You are funny o.

Do you even know why Wole Soyinka referred to PDP as a nest of murderers?

Truth, you're right.
including One popular male politican in Ekiti. I have forgotten his name
He wanted to contest for governor then, I think fayose has hands in it
Re: Atiku, Odili, Na’abba — The Political Careers Obasanjo Killed by Sammy07: 9:49am On Aug 10, 2020
angelfallz:

Wait oh, is it the same fayose that was making noise with EFCC? So OBJ nearly finished him, and Tinubu saved him. Wow grin
Yes, If you notice fayose very well. You'll observe that he used to blast Obasanjo and he doesn't insults Tinubu.

3 Likes

Re: Atiku, Odili, Na’abba — The Political Careers Obasanjo Killed by angelfallz(m): 9:51am On Aug 10, 2020
[quote author=Sammy07 post=92654576]

Tinubu owns both.[/quote

Wow.

1 Like

Re: Atiku, Odili, Na’abba — The Political Careers Obasanjo Killed by MrMcJay(m): 10:09am On Aug 10, 2020
Sammy07:

Truth, you're right.
including One popular male politican in Ekiti. I have forgotten his name
He wanted to contest for governor then, I think fayose has hands in it

Dr. Ayo Daramola. World Bank Consultant.

3 Likes

Re: Atiku, Odili, Na’abba — The Political Careers Obasanjo Killed by almayda: 10:11am On Aug 10, 2020
The single reason why I respect Tinubu,Obj did more to end the political career of Tinubu than he did to they others...the man is waxing stronger every 4 years.

2 Likes

Re: Atiku, Odili, Na’abba — The Political Careers Obasanjo Killed by Sammy07: 10:11am On Aug 10, 2020
MrMcJay:

Dr. Ayo Daramola. World Bank Consultant.
Yeah..
Re: Atiku, Odili, Na’abba — The Political Careers Obasanjo Killed by odinga1of: 10:13am On Aug 10, 2020
fykes:

Former VP in 1999- 2007 should go back and become Governor?

Even Gov. Okowa will not like to become a governor again in Delta State, how much more Almighty Atiku?
Re: Atiku, Odili, Na’abba — The Political Careers Obasanjo Killed by Onitola2: 10:40am On Aug 10, 2020
fykes:
from vp, to aspiring presidency, to governor? That's called down, down, down, down....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kanu’s Medical And Feeding Regimes Emerge Amidst Failing Health Claims / EFCC Raid: Has Emefiele Thrown Dangote Under The Bus? / Igbo Monarchs,human Rights Activist Want Emir And Accomplices Arrested-ifesinach

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.