Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,826 members, 7,813,724 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:04 PM

Why It Took China One Month To Bring COVID-19 Under Control - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why It Took China One Month To Bring COVID-19 Under Control (150 Views)

Man Spends £1,500 Every Month To Stop Himself From Ageing (Photos) / Pentagon Researchers Develop Microchip Detecting COVID-19 Under Skin(pics) / It Takes A Month To Treat A Coronavirus Patient - Osagie Ehanire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why It Took China One Month To Bring COVID-19 Under Control by dutchy313(m): 6:31am On Aug 10, 2020
Why did China only take a month to bring COVID-19 under control while our states suffer so much for so long?
Below was a response by Hubert W. de Nie, who lives and work in China

I am a Dutchman living in China. I was here throughout the entire outbreak and still am. I have witnessed the rise and the fall of covid19 in China.

There are many who question the numbers of the China Communist Party (CCP). If the same people don't question the numbers of their own government's they are either affected by their own propaganda, naive, or both. No government has a special looking glass to tell the exact numbers.

What I CAN tell you is that CCP took some extreme (by western standards) steps all along the way to ensure the country would get through the ordeal. These steps include strict quarantine, social health codes, mandatory masks and others. The country went into lockdown and slowly started reopening after about 6 weeks.

None of these step have been taken by western government to the same degree as they have here for various feeble reasons: “masks don't work,” “social distancing is fake new,” “we have rights…” China has taken these steps and they work. Get that through your head!

I have been travelling through China for the past 2 months without issues. Events have started to take place again and life is back to normal.

When a risk is spotted, like a surge in cases, the CCP swiftly takes action to quash it. The CCP puts the benefits of the many over the sacrifice of the few. That's their way and it works. Mind you, a surge in USA is considered to be 50k new infections in a day. In China, a surge is considered more than 2 new infections in a day.

Hope governments around the world start waking up soon to smell the coffee, because this global pandemic is making a mockery of you!

Culled from Quora at https://qr.ae/pN27Cm
Re: Why It Took China One Month To Bring COVID-19 Under Control by rottennaija(m): 6:53am On Aug 10, 2020
dutchy313:
Why did China only take a month to bring COVID-19 under control while our states suffer so much for so long?
Below was a response by Hubert W. de Nie, who lives and work in China

I am a Dutchman living in China. I was here throughout the entire outbreak and still am. I have witnessed the rise and the fall of covid19 in China.

There are many who question the numbers of the China Communist Party (CCP). If the same people don't question the numbers of their own government's they are either affected by their own propaganda, naive, or both. No government has a special looking glass to tell the exact numbers.

What I CAN tell you is that CCP took some extreme (by western standards) steps all along the way to ensure the country would get through the ordeal. These steps include strict quarantine, social health codes, mandatory masks and others. The country went into lockdown and slowly started reopening after about 6 weeks.

None of these step have been taken by western government to the same degree as they have here for various feeble reasons: “masks don't work,” “social distancing is fake new,” “we have rights…” China has taken these steps and they work. Get that through your head!

I have been travelling through China for the past 2 months without issues. Events have started to take place again and life is back to normal.

When a risk is spotted, like a surge in cases, the CCP swiftly takes action to quash it. The CCP puts the benefits of the many over the sacrifice of the few. That's their way and it works. Mind you, a surge in USA is considered to be 50k new infections in a day. In China, a surge is considered more than 2 new infections in a day.

Hope governments around the world start waking up soon to smell the coffee, because this global pandemic is making a mockery of you!

Culled from Quora at https://qr.ae/pN27Cm

Very true. Here are similar responses

Re: Why It Took China One Month To Bring COVID-19 Under Control by Nobody: 7:42am On Aug 10, 2020
Whether us or china, both their systen has its advntages and disadvntages

(1) (Reply)

10 Weight loss secret that works fast and easy for everybody / Health Benefit Of Watermellon / Ummah Food Concepts: Healthy Tips For Healthy Living

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.