Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,427 members, 7,819,553 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:00 PM

Have You Quit Your Job Before Because You Were Fed Up? - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Have You Quit Your Job Before Because You Were Fed Up? (22132 Views)

Fed Up With My N45k/month Job. / Why Did You Quit Your Last Job / Will You Quit Your Job And Travel Abroad For Studies? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Quit Your Job Before Because You Were Fed Up? by sckulboy: 7:45pm On Apr 22, 2021
may God bless us.when my supervisor leave our organization for another then I realize that some people are just stupid naturally.
Re: Have You Quit Your Job Before Because You Were Fed Up? by davidluv(m): 7:48pm On Apr 22, 2021
Yes, federal government job.

1 Like

Re: Have You Quit Your Job Before Because You Were Fed Up? by FODA(m): 7:49pm On Apr 22, 2021
israelp:
everytin is prayer nw grin ? ...1.if u dnt lyk ur job abeg quit,2.if u tink ur salary is too small 4 d kind of work u do dairly ask ur boss for more,3.if ur boss refuse ur number 2 requst than show him ur badside.4.if ure nt satify than sack urslf..cos u cnt kee urslf 4 a peanut
you are right bro ,I remember working with the biggest noodles producing company in nigeria then,I just wake up one day and said no more ,I just sense the job no guarantee a better future ,when I quit vow never to look for job again In my life ,80% of naija job na scam.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Quit Your Job Before Because You Were Fed Up? by donvoice(m): 7:54pm On Apr 22, 2021
Yes, I quit my job last month and I think that's the best thing I ever do this year. Not that I have another job but I can't endure abusive situations anymore.

I know many will criticize me but if you have an idea of what I passed through in my boss hands, you will definitely do same.

I know am back to labour market but I am doing that with pride

7 Likes

Re: Have You Quit Your Job Before Because You Were Fed Up? by Lilpen3758: 8:00pm On Apr 22, 2021
After reading comments i just conclude that we suffer a lot in this country

5 Likes

Re: Have You Quit Your Job Before Because You Were Fed Up? by Sirvon: 8:16pm On Apr 22, 2021
Bobbyunitedfc:

Bro can I have Ur WhatsApp number please,just quit my job,tough decision but I'm ready for the process

Sure...08136994331
Re: Have You Quit Your Job Before Because You Were Fed Up? by Simplythebest: 9:00pm On Apr 22, 2021
My dear is not easy oooo. I resigned from bank in 2019 due to the stress of waking up by 4am and also my boss was not helping matters. So sometimes i regret it and sometimes i don't have to move on

1 Like

Re: Have You Quit Your Job Before Because You Were Fed Up? by Nobody: 9:19pm On Apr 22, 2021
Will be submitting my resignation letter on the first workday of June. I can't come and kill myself
Re: Have You Quit Your Job Before Because You Were Fed Up? by Eddodoh(m): 9:25pm On Apr 22, 2021
I plan to quit next month.
Re: Have You Quit Your Job Before Because You Were Fed Up? by ofiko123(m): 9:27pm On Apr 22, 2021
No need to be fed up and no need to quit your job..
Re: Have You Quit Your Job Before Because You Were Fed Up? by Ge0grapher(m): 9:40pm On Apr 22, 2021
Chaii
Re: Have You Quit Your Job Before Because You Were Fed Up? by fatymore(f): 9:41pm On Apr 22, 2021
Never worked for a family business.

Even their unborn child, you will serve them

4 Likes

Re: Have You Quit Your Job Before Because You Were Fed Up? by hstar: 9:43pm On Apr 22, 2021
DICKstractor:
One thing is to quit, the other thing is to find another job.

I keep advising people that if they want to quit any job, they should be sure that another job is waiting for them or they have some personal side hustling doing.

This country is not a place to stay jobless
Confirm
Re: Have You Quit Your Job Before Because You Were Fed Up? by uncletbuddy(m): 9:50pm On Apr 22, 2021
motionarena:
Hi guys will like to know

Have you quit your job before because you where fed up and not necessarily because you found another place.

I am thinking of doing same would like to know from experience how did you cope before finding something else to do.

I did December last year, I never felt the impact until mid March. It was like jumping out of fire into ice. I almost turned ice cause there's no disrespect nor poor pay but there was an empty pocket to contend with.

I tried reviving my Interior business but it seems like the ice has created thick wall between us. I was tempted to call back my company to request return but I pride won't let me. My Chinese boss will always say there's no job in Nigeria if you want to leave, you can there are many Nigerian begging for your role with even lesser pay.

Well ₦30,000 monthly plus disrespect can't take care of a family or sponsor a wedding in Nigeria I thought within me. So I held my chest tight and promise to slide on the ice rather than dying at a spot cause of cold.

Make your choice, choose wisely but just know that the sky is wide but only few people can afford flight to fly through it, others just look up to the sky in admiration.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Quit Your Job Before Because You Were Fed Up? by hstar: 9:55pm On Apr 22, 2021
Kccheechy:
Yes, and I'm so happy I quit. After my youth service, I got a job as a facility manager for a suite that consists of 8 floors and a penthouse on the right wing. The floors are let out as offices to business organizations. Each floor is let out at an annual rent of 3.2million and each floor pays service charge of over 300k twice a year. All the floors including the 2 bedroom penthouse were occupied by business organizations. It's situated along the international airport road close to 7/8 bustop, Ajao estate. Though I didn't have any previous experience as a facility manager, it was quite challenging but I was determined to give it my best. I was also his secretary / personal assistant. I was in charge of anything maintenance as long as that building is concerned. My boss is the most wicked and heartless person I have ever worked for. Waking up everyday and knowing I was going to face him was a nightmare I only wished I could avoid. With all the money he makes from there (he makes over 32million yearly from the suite which is not his only source of income by the way) and the volume of work I did there, I was paid 35k as facility manager. No benefits, no allowance, nothing!! All I got was complain and mockery from him.. He choked me with so much pressure and frustration. Though I wasn't faultless but I always gave it my best shot.. I didn't have any experience in that field, which he was supposed to assist and motivate me to do better, but he was very far from that. He always looked for faults and when there is none, he creates one just to humiliate me. This is someone who is old enough to father my father. Even as an octagonerian,, retired as a successful businessman, having being blessed with uber successful children, established businesses in Lagos and his hometown in anambra, he still worships money like a pauper who suddenly stumbled upon millions. Ooh, he is so wicked and most cunny in have worked for. After working for him for 1 year, I realized that my life isn't getting any better under his organization. No growth, no advancement no matter how slow and coupled with the pressure I faced from him daily, the best option for me was to quit before I lost my mind. I didn't have any other plans in mind but I just had to quit. I didn't die.
I can relate

I work for one yeye lawyer like that in Lagos Mainland, precisely, apapa road

Nobody told me before I left

He must see something to talk about in other to fault u, as I see the way things dey go

Deep down I know I would be rude to him if he keeps treating me that way, instead I just left

4 Likes

Re: Have You Quit Your Job Before Because You Were Fed Up? by Cheeryfeet: 9:56pm On Apr 22, 2021
Yeah Bro. It's ok to quit. And don't let the fear of not getting another job before leaving make you continue to stay in your fustration. I have discovered you can actually get something better only after you have left the one you are holding on to. Not holding onto one and waiting till you get another before leaving.

4 Likes

Re: Have You Quit Your Job Before Because You Were Fed Up? by Ritaflinz: 10:10pm On Apr 22, 2021
Amanee:
I have...

I was fed up with marketing meetings and I thought if I heard the word target I'll strangle someone...

I had a backup plan tho and it worked

Na that word called “TARGET" dey busrt my brain
They want you to make billions for them while they pay you peanuts.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Quit Your Job Before Because You Were Fed Up? by Funkybabee(f): 10:22pm On Apr 22, 2021
doing so soon
no single Bleep given I am just tired of this shit

1 Like

Re: Have You Quit Your Job Before Because You Were Fed Up? by princessConfy(f): 10:28pm On Apr 22, 2021
Simplythebest:
My dear is not easy oooo. I resigned from bank in 2019 due to the stress of waking up by 4am and also my boss was not helping matters. So sometimes i regret it and sometimes i don't have to move on

I cried for weeks on end but I can't go back there. God will surely bless me with a better one

1 Like

Re: Have You Quit Your Job Before Because You Were Fed Up? by Overthemoonman: 10:53pm On Apr 22, 2021
Incognito403:

I quit my job without hope of another job. Today, I'm living better than I ever thought. And it's not just me. I have many friends who did such, too.

Note: all my friends and I are into pure legit hustles.

You must be wondering where the motivation came from. It's simple. When you look at your current miserable job, pay and standard of living then look at people who have spent all their lives in that career/job but none of them's life is close to what you want for yourself 10yrs from now let alone 35yrs from now, then you know you're not on the right track.

It's simple.
Reason why I am planning not to resume in the school that I am teaching. I have been there for 4 years, but no any iota of improvement. I look at people that have been in that school for more than 10 to 15 years, nothing to show for it. Of course, people have been saying things like "Get another job first" "Continue managing this one" "No job out there" and some other bla bla bla....Thank God, I have saved enough in my account that can last me for more than a year or two asides from the money I invested in crypto. I just feel I need to leave and explore other options. A job that barely affords me the time to do other things if not for the fact that I am the stubborn type and usually go out for some of my side hustles damming any consequences. I have also set aside money that I will still be giving to my mum every month because she has been the discouraging me not to leave basically because of the money I give her monthly. She feel if I leave that job, that money might not come in again. I am not even going to tell her this time around that I am leaving. There are some jobs one need to leave when you are becoming comfortable on it most especially when the pay is nothing to write home about and career growth isn't there. So of my colleagues that are married are stucked because it isn't easy for a married man to just quit his job.

9 Likes

Re: Have You Quit Your Job Before Because You Were Fed Up? by Fistop: 11:17pm On Apr 22, 2021
Yes, I just did this week. It was a toxic environment and they were not honest. Imagine removing 20k from my salary as Tax, Tax that was never remitted. Thank God I got another job a week later.

4 Likes

Re: Have You Quit Your Job Before Because You Were Fed Up? by Modupeoluwa123(f): 11:39pm On Apr 22, 2021
Yes! 2018
I can never forget that company. I was employed as a client relations executive and after four months, I was moved to IT department. As if that was not enough, after three weeks, I was moved to creative department. I was so glad because I am a writer and I thought the creative department was the best for me. But my career got switched from Creative to kitchen. Mhen! I did so many crazy things just to satisfy my ogas. I was paid something that was barely enough for my transportation. I was just 21 and I would leave my house exactly 4am because I had to make sure food was ready before 6am. I do close around 11pm atimes. Sometimes I sleep at the office and mosquitoes were always ready to keep my company.
For six months, I was living a miserable life. I lost friends because I was always tired to reach out to anybody. I sleep for just three hours everyday and during the day, I was always on my toes. There was no time for me to even eat or be okay, I became a shadow of myself. I lost the weight I never had.
My mum was so concerned but I told her I needed work experience. I was hopeful I was going to be moved back to creative but no!!!! I worked like a bee. It was crazy. I lost my 2yrs relationship at that time. I became depressed.
I became frustrated that whenever I was going to work, I do imagine I was attending a funeral service. I cried everyday. I would be preparing to go to church, the next thing is to see text messages asking us to be at work. Mhen! I suffered.
I served my boss both at work and at home. In fact, I suffered. I just looked at myself one day and I couldn’t believe I was the one doing all I was doing. I wasn’t hungry or anything but I wanted to work, gain experience and save some money.
It wasn’t just me, every staff wanted to leave but some were family men and women, so they were scared of not getting anything else to do.
I wanted to leave but I couldn’t get something else to do and I am not the type that love to sit idle. I cried everyday but one day, I took the bold step and walked away. After I left, I slept peacefully for the first time, I was sleeping like a fool. I slept anywhere and everywhere.
Most of my friends left as well.
Guess how much I was paid 33,000
They will deduct tax from my money, tax they never remitted. Very toxic environment.

6 Likes

Re: Have You Quit Your Job Before Because You Were Fed Up? by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 12:06am On Apr 23, 2021
motionarena:

Have you quit your job before because you where fed up and not necessarily because you found another place.

I am thinking of doing same would like to know from experience how did you cope before finding something else to do.
Idid last year and few days to the end of the time frame for leaving that I gave I was offered a promotion and 90% increase in salary...
Re: Have You Quit Your Job Before Because You Were Fed Up? by lonelydora: 12:31am On Apr 23, 2021
motionarena:

I did in 2017. I was fed up with the whole system. I went to face my business. But as God will have it, I got a three times offer 2 years after with an International company. I will write about it very soon
Re: Have You Quit Your Job Before Because You Were Fed Up? by darediamond(m): 12:32am On Apr 23, 2021
Kccheechy:
Yes, and I'm so happy I quit. After my youth service, I got a job as a facility manager for a suite that consists of 8 floors and a penthouse on the right wing. The floors are let out as offices to business organizations. Each floor is let out at an annual rent of 3.2million and each floor pays service charge of over 300k twice a year. All the floors including the 2 bedroom penthouse were occupied by business organizations. It's situated along the international airport road close to 7/8 bustop, Ajao estate. Though I didn't have any previous experience as a facility manager, it was quite challenging but I was determined to give it my best. I was also his secretary / personal assistant. I was in charge of anything maintenance as long as that building is concerned. My boss is the most wicked and heartless person I have ever worked for. Waking up everyday and knowing I was going to face him was a nightmare I only wished I could avoid. With all the money he makes from there (he makes over 32million yearly from the suite which is not his only source of income by the way) and the volume of work I did there, I was paid 35k as facility manager. No benefits, no allowance, nothing!! All I got was complain and mockery from him.. He choked me with so much pressure and frustration. Though I wasn't faultless but I always gave it my best shot.. I didn't have any experience in that field, which he was supposed to assist and motivate me to do better, but he was very far from that. He always looked for faults and when there is none, he creates one just to humiliate me. This is someone who is old enough to father my father. Even as an octagonerian,, retired as a successful businessman, having being blessed with uber successful children, established businesses in Lagos and his hometown in anambra, he still worships money like a pauper who suddenly stumbled upon millions. Ooh, he is so wicked and most cunny in have worked for. After working for him for 1 year, I realized that my life isn't getting any better under his organization. No growth, no advancement no matter how slow and coupled with the pressure I faced from him daily, the best option for me was to quit before I lost my mind. I didn't have any other plans in mind but I just had to quit. I didn't die.
" I didn't have any other plans in mind but I just had to quit. I didn't die."

YOU ARE REAL DEFINITION OF A *****real MAAAAAAAAN*****!! I DEEPLY LIKE YOUR COURAGE AND FIRMNESS!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Have You Quit Your Job Before Because You Were Fed Up? by lonelydora: 12:34am On Apr 23, 2021
Modupeoluwa123:
Yes! 2018
I can never forget that company. I was employed as a client relations executive and after four months, I was moved to IT department. As if that was not enough, after three weeks, I was moved to creative department. I was so glad because I am a writer and I thought the creative department was the best for me. But my career got switched from Creative to kitchen. Mhen! I did so many crazy things just to satisfy my ogas. I was paid something that was barely enough for my transportation. I was just 21 and I would leave my house exactly 4am because I had to make sure food was ready before 6am. I do close around 11pm atimes. Sometimes I sleep at the office and mosquitoes were always ready to keep my company.
For six months, I was living a miserable life. I lost friends because I was always tired to reach out to anybody. I sleep for just three hours everyday and during the day, I was always on my toes. There was no time for me to even eat or be okay, I became a shadow of myself. I lost the weight I never had.
My mum was so concerned but I told her I needed work experience. I was hopeful I was going to be moved back to creative but no!!!! I worked like a bee. It was crazy. I lost my 2yrs relationship at that time. I became depressed.
I became frustrated that whenever I was going to work, I do imagine I was attending a funeral service. I cried everyday. I would be preparing to go to church, the next thing is to see text messages asking us to be at work. Mhen! I suffered.
I served my boss both at work and at home. In fact, I suffered. I just looked at myself one day and I couldn’t believe I was the one doing all I was doing. I wasn’t hungry or anything but I wanted to work, gain experience and save some money.
It wasn’t just me, every staff wanted to leave but some were family men and women, so they were scared of not getting anything else to do.
I wanted to leave but I couldn’t get something else to do and I am not the type that love to sit idle. I cried everyday but one day, I took the bold step and walked away. After I left, I slept peacefully for the first time, I was sleeping like a fool. I slept anywhere and everywhere.
They will deduct tax from my money, tax they never remitted. Very toxic environment.

Indian company?
Re: Have You Quit Your Job Before Because You Were Fed Up? by darediamond(m): 12:42am On Apr 23, 2021
Modupeoluwa123:
Yes! 2018

I strongly feel your pains and others whom have shared there experiences too. I from Childhood hate working for someone else because I believe the chance we all have is equal. Individuals only needs to be A thorough SOLUTION PROVIDER but with A CLASS.

But one can not sometimes do it alone that is why one needs to get other people to work under one's establishment.

One way to be a foolish and stupid Boss is to start and deliberately take one's workers for granted.

Anyone who understand the Power Of The 3 Element Of Life (Earth, Water and Air) Will Never Try Such!!!
Re: Have You Quit Your Job Before Because You Were Fed Up? by darediamond(m): 12:47am On Apr 23, 2021
Overthemoonman:
Reason why I am planning not to resume in the school that I am teaching. I have been there for 4 years, but no any iota of improvement. I look at people that have been in that school for more than 10 to 15 years, nothing to show for it. Of course, people have been saying things like "Get another job first" "Continue managing this one" "No job out there" and some other bla bla bla....Thank God, I have saved enough in my account that can last me for more than a year or two asides from the money I invested in crypto. I just feel I need to leave and explore other options. A job that barely affords me the time to do other things if not for the fact that I am the stubborn type and usually go out for some of my side hustles damming any consequences. I have also set aside money that I will still be giving to my mum every month because she has been the discouraging me not to leave basically because of the money I give her monthly. She feel if I leave that job, that money might not come in again. I am not even going to tell her this time around that I am leaving. There are some jobs one need to leave when you are becoming comfortable on it most especially when the pay is nothing to write home about and career growth isn't there. So of my colleagues that are married are stucked because it isn't easy for a married man to just quit his job.
It's easy to Quit Job Now With Cryptocurrency Trading In The Online Business Sphere!!!!

I give You My Words.

I Am A Full time Crypto Trader.
Re: Have You Quit Your Job Before Because You Were Fed Up? by Modupeoluwa123(f): 12:51am On Apr 23, 2021
lonelydora:

Indian company?
It’s owned by two Nigerians.
To even imagine that these people make over 500M in a year and yet they pay peanut baffles me.
While at client relations, I prepared most of their proposals and those projects were really hefty...
Re: Have You Quit Your Job Before Because You Were Fed Up? by Modupeoluwa123(f): 12:56am On Apr 23, 2021
darediamond:

I strongly feel your pains and others whom have shared there experiences too. I from Childhood hate working for someone else because I believe the chance we all have is equal. Individuals only needs to be A thorough SOLUTION PROVIDER but with A CLASS.

But one can not sometimes do it alone that is why one needs to get other people to work under one's establishment.

One way to be a foolish and stupid Boss is to start and deliberately take one's workers for granted.

Anyone who understand the Power Of The 3 Element Of Life (Earth, Water and Air) Will Never Try Such!!!
Exactly, as much as I never loved to work for anyone, I needed to support my mum and myself and the last thing I ever want to do in my life is to start begging men for money or staying idle. I was conflicted as regards staying or leaving. Staying so I can continue to help at home or leaving and then having to starve and not be able to afford necessary things. I was earning peanut but I always made sure to first get some foodstuff for the house, even if what is left won’t pay my transportation for the month.
As you rightly said, even when you own a company, you still need people to work with you. How you now treat your staff all depends on your humanity. Some business owners in Nigeria are heartless.
I had killer business idea at that time but who go sponsor?. Majority of the people working for others have goals themselves but some just need to work a little bit more, gather some cash and set themselves up.
We all just pray for grace at the end.
Re: Have You Quit Your Job Before Because You Were Fed Up? by Mixedfruit: 2:23am On Apr 23, 2021
The truth is that if you do not have the courage to take a risk, you will not be able to achieve a goal/success.
Re: Have You Quit Your Job Before Because You Were Fed Up? by Mixedfruit: 2:26am On Apr 23, 2021
darediamond:

It's easy to Quit Job Now With Cryptocurrency Trading In The Online Business Sphere!!!!

I give You My Words.

I Am A Full time Crypto Trader.
Baba please i want to learn crypto
please help me

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

N-Power: How To Check Your Shortlising/selection Status Using *45665# / What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon / Why Is Npower 2017 List Of Successful Applicants Still Not Out?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.