Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,828 members, 7,820,908 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:56 AM

The Fall Of Great Babylon - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Fall Of Great Babylon (371 Views)

A Response To The Allegory In The Garden Of Eden's Account Of The Fall / The Allegory In The Garden Of Eden Account Of The Fall Of Man By Reno Omokri / Top 20 MFM Personal Prayers That Can Cause The Fall Of The Enemy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Fall Of Great Babylon by OkCornel(m): 10:55am On Aug 10, 2020
In Apostle John’s vision of the fall of “Great Babylon” he listed out the following items in high demand from which traders will profit greatly. It doesn’t take rocket science to know maritime trade is lucrative...however something seems odd in the list of items spelt out.

Revelation 18 v 11-13;

11 “The merchants of the earth will weep and mourn over her because no one buys their cargoes anymore

12 cargoes of gold, silver, precious stones and pearls; fine linen, purple, silk and scarlet cloth; every sort of citron wood, and articles of every kind made of ivory, costly wood, bronze, iron and marble;

13 cargoes of cinnamon and spice, of incense, myrrh and frankincense, of wine and olive oil, of fine flour and wheat; cattle and sheep; horses and carriages; and human beings sold as slaves.

The other items I can consider reasonable to an extent.... but horses and carriages and human slaves in this 21st century? Seems very odd

Intelligent answers to this line of query please. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: The Fall Of Great Babylon by div111(m): 11:26am On Aug 10, 2020
following

1 Like

Re: The Fall Of Great Babylon by div111(m): 11:26am On Aug 10, 2020
following
righteousness89 over to you

1 Like

Re: The Fall Of Great Babylon by DappaD: 12:34pm On Aug 10, 2020
OkCornel:
In Apostle John’s vision of the fall of “Great Babylon” he listed out the following items in high demand from which traders will profit greatly. It doesn’t take rocket science to know maritime trade is lucrative...however something seems odd in the list of items spelt out.

Revelation 18 v 11-13;

11 “The merchants of the earth will weep and mourn over her because no one buys their cargoes anymore

12 cargoes of gold, silver, precious stones and pearls; fine linen, purple, silk and scarlet cloth; every sort of citron wood, and articles of every kind made of ivory, costly wood, bronze, iron and marble;

13 cargoes of cinnamon and spice, of incense, myrrh and frankincense, of wine and olive oil, of fine flour and wheat; cattle and sheep; horses and carriages; and human beings sold as slaves.

The other items I can consider reasonable to an extent.... but horses and carriages and human slaves in this 21st century? Seems very odd

What exactly is your question?
Re: The Fall Of Great Babylon by OkCornel(m): 12:52pm On Aug 10, 2020
DappaD:

What exactly is your question?

Who exports/import horses and carriages and human slaves in this 21st century? Sounds like old wine (1st to 19th century stuff) in a new wine skin (21st century)
Re: The Fall Of Great Babylon by Nobody: 1:12pm On Aug 10, 2020
OkCornel:
Revelation 18 v 11-13;

All the items listed are symbolic not literal! smiley

The vision involves three prominent group!

World empire of false Religion, Political and Commercial system.

Great Babylon ~ False Religion in it's entirety having dealings with Politics.

Wild Beast ~ Political System.

Merchants of the earth ~ World Traders dealing with religious items or weapons of war.

The Political system will clamp down on Religion and the Commercial system will suffer greatly.

The gold, silver, precious stones and pearls ~ Money as these people trade in currencies of high value.

Linen, Purple, Scarlet cloth and Citron wool ~ different types of costly apparels religionsists often use to adorn themselves.

Ivory, Costly wood, Bronze, Iron and Marble ~ all sort of items used by religionsists to enhance or beautify their religious centers.

Cargoes of Cinnamon, Spices, Incense, Myrrh and Frankincense, Wine, Olive oil, Flour, Wheat, Cattle and Sheep ~ Religious Festivities of all sorts.

Horses and Carriages ~ Private jets, Luxurious Cars and all the affluence of religious leaders will disappear.

Human beings sold as slaves ~ Brainwashed worshipers under religious slavery will all be released, when all religions have been banned!

By then only the true religion will remain and since true religion doesn't have any dealings with worldly Politics, Festivities and the rest, they'll not be noticed but then Satan out of spite will later direct the attention of all those formerly under false religion to attack the one and only surviving Religion! Revelations 16:16 smiley

1 Like

Re: The Fall Of Great Babylon by DappaD: 2:06pm On Aug 10, 2020
OkCornel:

Who exports/import horses and carriages and human slaves in this 21st century? Sounds like old wine (1st to 19th century stuff) in a new wine skin (21st century)

Well the visions were given to the apostle John in the way he could easily express them – those were things familiar to apostle John in his day.

Look at verse 9 of that same chapter 18, you'll see there written ‘kings of the earth’. In John's day, kings were known to rule empires and kingdoms. But when we come to understand it in our own day, we can see it's referring to the political system of the world today that comprises of presidents and dictators.

Take an example, if John had seen an automobile vehicle in the visions, how do you expect him to express it in words? Knowing he hasn't seen such before?
Re: The Fall Of Great Babylon by OkCornel(m): 2:09pm On Aug 10, 2020
DappaD:

Well the visions were given to the apostle John in the way he could easily express them – those were things familiar to apostle John in his day.

Look at verse 9 of that same chapter 18, you'll see there written ‘kings of the earth’. In John's day, kings were known to rule empires and kingdoms. But when we come to understand it in our own day, we can see it's referring to the political system of the world today that comprises of presidents and dictators.

Take an example, if John had seen an automobile vehicle in the visions, how do you expect him to express it in words? Knowing he hasn't seen such before?

Of course, if John saw an automobile vehicle in his visions, he would clearly not call that "HORSE & CARRIAGE" nau....c'mon

And besides, which country today deals with human slaves in international trade as a major exporter or importer?
Re: The Fall Of Great Babylon by DappaD: 2:11pm On Aug 10, 2020
OkCornel:

Of course, if John saw an automobile vehicle in his visions, he would clearly not call that "HORSE & CARRIAGE"....c'mon

And besides, which country today deals with human slaves in international trade as a major exporter or importer?

I think you missed the whole point I was making.
Re: The Fall Of Great Babylon by OkCornel(m): 2:14pm On Aug 10, 2020
DappaD:

I think you missed the whole point I was making.

Nah, I get you clearly. Unless you are telling us John saw a motor vehicle in his vision...and he wrote it as "horse and carriage" which bears no semblance whatsoever to a motor vehicle today.

Please I'm also awaiting your point on the human slave part. Are there countries today that are major importers/exporters in human slaves?

I no dey argue o, I just dey try clarify stuffs here

1 Like

Re: The Fall Of Great Babylon by DappaD: 2:16pm On Aug 10, 2020
OkCornel:

Nah, I get you clearly. Unless you are telling us John saw a motor vehicle in his vision...and he wrote it as "horse and carriage" which bears no semblance whatsoever to a motor vehicle today.

Please I'm also awaiting your point on the human slave part. Are there countries today that are major importers/exporters in human slaves?

I no dey argue o, I just dey try clarify stuffs here

Seems you're getting confused.
I said ‘Take an example’
I didn't say ‘Liken it’

Na you use your mouth talk the above
Re: The Fall Of Great Babylon by OkCornel(m): 2:21pm On Aug 10, 2020
DappaD:

Seems you're getting confused.
I said ‘Take an example’
I didn't say ‘Liken it’

Na you use your mouth talk the above

Ok, thanks for the disclaimer.

1 Like

Re: The Fall Of Great Babylon by OkCornel(m): 2:47pm On Aug 10, 2020
Maximus69:

All the items listed are symbolic not literal! smiley

The vision involves three prominent group!

World empire of false Religion, Political and Commercial system.

Great Babylon ~ False Religion in it's entirety having dealings with Politics.

Wild Beast ~ Political System.

Merchants of the earth ~ World Traders dealing with religious items or weapons of war.

The Political system will clamp down on Religion and the Commercial system will suffer greatly.

The gold, silver, precious stones and pearls ~ Money as these people trade in currencies of high value.

Linen, Purple, Scarlet cloth and Citron wool ~ different types of costly apparels religionsists often use to adorn themselves.

Ivory, Costly wood, Bronze, Iron and Marble ~ all sort of items used by religionsists to enhance or beautify their religious centers.

Cargoes of Cinnamon, Spices, Incense, Myrrh and Frankincense, Wine, Olive oil, Flour, Wheat, Cattle and Sheep ~ Religious Festivities of all sorts.

Horses and Carriages ~ Private jets, Luxurious Cars and all the affluence of religious leaders will disappear.

Human beings sold as slaves ~ Brainwashed worshipers under religious slavery will all be released, when all religions have been banned!

By then only the true religion will remain and since true religion doesn't have any dealings with worldly Politics, Festivities and the rest, they'll not be noticed but then Satan out of spite will later direct the attention of all those formerly under false religion to attack the one and only surviving Religion! Revelations 16:16 smiley

An interesting angle. Fair enough.

Thanks.
Re: The Fall Of Great Babylon by OkCornel(m): 2:48pm On Aug 10, 2020
Maximus69, DappaD thanks for your contributions.

The thread is still open to anyone who wants to add further details.
Re: The Fall Of Great Babylon by jesusjnreloaded(m): 3:19pm On Aug 10, 2020
OkCornel:

Revelation 18 v 11-13;

Hi bro. Hope you're doing great?

Make I try add my own little contribution here even though I'm not so much informed about the book of revelation.

Now your question is "horses and carriages and human slaves in the 21st century"?

To answer your question, is there anything like "Babylon the great" in the 21st century?

Babylon is a great ancient kingdom and world power, and it no longer exists in the 21st century. So what does that tell us? It is just an illustration of a great kingdom or world power in the 21st century.

So that should set the tone for rest things mentioned there such as, "horses and carriages and human slaves". They are only illustrations of the things that made the 21st century illustration of ancient Babylon to be the great kingdom and world power it is.

Na there my own stop oh.

God bless you bro.

1 Like

Re: The Fall Of Great Babylon by Nobody: 3:22pm On Aug 10, 2020
OkCornel:
Maximus69, DappaD thanks for your contributions.

The thread is still open to anyone who wants to add further details.

You're welcome anytime Sir! smiley

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

French Muslim Girl Beaten By Parents For Dating A Christian Boy / For Spiritual Medication Of The Body / Ehi Ogbebor Warns Instagram Peedlers Over Fake Rumour Against Jeremiah Fufeyin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.