Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,143 members, 7,815,006 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:31 AM

Music Vs Mental Disorder - Emoji Devotions - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Music Vs Mental Disorder - Emoji Devotions (373 Views)

Butterflylion And Kingebukablog Have A Mental Disorder / The Mental Disorder Called Atheism. Must Read For All Nairaland Christians / 7 Reasons Why Religion Is A Mental Disorder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Music Vs Mental Disorder - Emoji Devotions by sweetmusictv: 10:15am On Nov 26, 2020
Emoji Devotions for Thu, 26 November, 2020

Highlights: And whenever the tormenting spirit from God troubled Saul, David would play the harp. Then Saul would feel better, and the tormenting spirit would go away. 1 Samuel 16:23

Mental disorder also known as mental illness or nervous breakdown which is described as a period of intense mental distress affects people and render them unable to function in their everyday life.

1 Samuel 16:14 says that "Now the Spirit of the LORD had left Saul, and the LORD sent a tormenting spirit that filled him with depression and fear."

King Saul the first official King of Israel was having to deal with mental issues which is depression and fear. But somehow King Saul was temporarily able to escape his mental issues through music played by little David.

We can deduce from our highlighted Verse in 1Samuel 16:23 that the music David played with the harp instruments are worship songs. Example of these worship songs can be found in 2 Samuel 22 (also in Psalms 18). Let me show you verses 1-3NLV

David sang this song to the Lord on the day the Lord rescued him from all his enemies and from Saul. 2 He sang:

“The Lord is my rock, my fortress, and my savior;
3 my God is my rock, in whom I find protection.
He is my shield, the power that saves me,
and my place of safety.
He is my refuge, my savior,
the one who saves me from violence.

We can learn that if those songs can save King Saul from mental health issues they can save anyone too. These are songs of worship sang to God and songs to testify of God's goodness. Any other type of song apart from these songs may complicate issues.

You too can overcome Mental health issues by

- learning to play the harp or any musical instruments and sing songs of worship and testimony to God.

Or

- Listening to worship music from anointed worshippers. David was an anointed worshipper who had great faith in God to help in all situations.

Like David we too can love God and trust in His supernatural sufficiency to help us overcome our anxiety and also sing songs of worship to our maker. Suicide, drug abuse, sex, smoking or alcohol are not the solution to mental health breakdown. Anything and any kind of music that does not sing worship and testify of God will not solve mental issues but will rather worsen it.

You may be asking how will you get these things done. Well You cannot get things done just by immediately tuning in to worship songs or learning how to play harp without giving your life to the Lords of worship music. The main first step is Jesus Christ (best choice that work perfectly)

Jesus Christ sent by God from heaven to show us the way is the ultimate solution to our decline in health issues. You must force yourself to learn to trust Him because Jesus is a cornerstone. Anyone who wants to build their life back perfectly must learn to trust Jesus and not reject the cornerstone that will build them.

In Psams 118:22 it's written that "the stone that the builders rejected has now become the cornerstone."

"As the Scriptures say, “I am placing a cornerstone in Jerusalem, chosen for great honor, and anyone who trusts in him will never be disgraced.” 1 Peter 2:6

BELIEVE in the Lord Jesus Christ and be saved along with everyone in your household. Act 16:31

Prayer: God of miracles who sent Jesus to help save the world. I know you are all sufficient and powerful. You are greater than all my distress and illness. I trust you can help me with my life. Please help me today as I begin to build back my life through Jesus my cornerstone. I confess I truly believe in Jesus from the bottom of my heart. Come Lord Jesus come now and take over my spirit, soul and body. I'm Offering them to you right now as a peace offering. Please accept it and restore me back. I promise not to forget you all my life. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.

https://emojidevotions..com/2020/11/music-vs-mental-disorder.html

(1) (Reply)

Bishop Dale C. Bronner Sermon / Spiritual Dream Meaning Of Onions / Pls Answer If U Are A Bible Scolar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.