Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,337 members, 7,815,663 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:14 PM

Tanker Drivers Suspend Strike In Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tanker Drivers Suspend Strike In Lagos (8314 Views)

Task Force, Tanker Drivers, Touts Clash At Mile 2 / NUPENG: Petroleum Tanker Drivers Suspend Tomorrow's Strike / Fuel Scarcity Looms As Tanker Drivers Suspend Petroleum Products Loading (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tanker Drivers Suspend Strike In Lagos by fergie001: 6:18pm On Aug 10, 2020
The National Union of Petroleum and Natural Gas Workers has suspended its strike in Lagos State.

This was contained in a “joint communique issued by the Lagos State Government and NUPENG” on Monday.

The communique was jointly signed by the Lagos Commissioner of Energy and Mineral Resources, Olalere Odusote, and NUPENG Deputy National President, Solomon Kilanko.

The communique was tweeted by Jubril Gawat, the New Media Aide of Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu.

Part of the communique read, “The Lagos State Government met today with the representatives of NUPENG, which agreed to call off its strike immediately.

“Other decisions taken at the meeting are security – the state government will meet the heads of all security agencies and secure their commitment to ensure the free passage of petroleum products vehicles given their importance to the economy.

“Area boys – the menace of area boys will be handled by relevant government agencies and a dedicated phone number will be established, within next week to ensure the petroleum products transporters have prompt access to security agencies.

“Lagos State Government will immediately set up a standing Committee to relate with the Union on an ongoing basis to address any issue as they arise.”

The Petroleum Tanker Drivers in Lagos State on Monday withdrew their services as directed by NUPENG.

The union said the move followed the failure of various authorities in the state to address three major issues that had severely caused petroleum tanker drivers pains and harrowing experiences in the state for several months.

“The entire rank and file members of the union are deeply pained, frustrated and agonised by the barrage of these challenges being consistently faced by petroleum tanker drivers in Lagos State,” NUPENG said in an earlier statement.

Source

Re: Tanker Drivers Suspend Strike In Lagos by Amotolongbo(f): 6:19pm On Aug 10, 2020
fergie001:
BREAKING: Tanker drivers suspend strike in Lagos https:///sRVbc1Z17A
Which kind 30minutes strike be that!

8 Likes

Re: Tanker Drivers Suspend Strike In Lagos by Anwons(m): 6:22pm On Aug 10, 2020
Unscrupulous unserious tankers drivers. This is exactly one of the reasons why Nigeria can't breath!

2 Likes

Re: Tanker Drivers Suspend Strike In Lagos by Bluehill1051: 6:24pm On Aug 10, 2020
Na so people wey no go school dey do

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tanker Drivers Suspend Strike In Lagos by Nobody: 8:42pm On Aug 10, 2020
.. I wish they can strike forever

Check my signature

1 Like

Re: Tanker Drivers Suspend Strike In Lagos by Tobimercy(f): 8:43pm On Aug 10, 2020
Ok
Re: Tanker Drivers Suspend Strike In Lagos by MasterDreamz: 8:43pm On Aug 10, 2020
ASUU should call off strike too! embarassed
Re: Tanker Drivers Suspend Strike In Lagos by BuhariNaWah: 8:43pm On Aug 10, 2020
Egungun don see Egunje

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tanker Drivers Suspend Strike In Lagos by Amungwele: 8:48pm On Aug 10, 2020
Dedicated phone number ko.... Liars. Both NUPENG & STATE GOVT are all MAADD!!!

Their fada. I dey vex abeg

fergie001:

Source

4 Likes

Re: Tanker Drivers Suspend Strike In Lagos by Amungwele: 8:49pm On Aug 10, 2020
grin grin grin grin grin grin

I tire too!! Me wey wan use d strike set runs sef

Amotolongbo:
Which kind 30minutes strike be that!
Re: Tanker Drivers Suspend Strike In Lagos by Damscodammy1(m): 8:51pm On Aug 10, 2020
Lol.sharp sharp
Re: Tanker Drivers Suspend Strike In Lagos by Bobotic(m): 8:52pm On Aug 10, 2020
We go resume soon....na hunger cos am grin

1 Like

Re: Tanker Drivers Suspend Strike In Lagos by merits(m): 8:56pm On Aug 10, 2020
Epileptic strike as usual.on and off strike.

Re: Tanker Drivers Suspend Strike In Lagos by Castol200: 8:56pm On Aug 10, 2020
cool
Re: Tanker Drivers Suspend Strike In Lagos by Badonasty(m): 8:56pm On Aug 10, 2020
Lol...shortest strike ever

2 Likes

Re: Tanker Drivers Suspend Strike In Lagos by Damseldammie(f): 8:56pm On Aug 10, 2020
Nonsensical nonsense
Re: Tanker Drivers Suspend Strike In Lagos by olumzzz(m): 8:58pm On Aug 10, 2020
Bonanza
Re: Tanker Drivers Suspend Strike In Lagos by Badonasty(m): 8:58pm On Aug 10, 2020
Pimpmaride:

Check my signature

You for charge the battery full before advert
Re: Tanker Drivers Suspend Strike In Lagos by Gpromise1(m): 9:01pm On Aug 10, 2020
BuhariNaWah:
Egungun don see Egunje

Na so
Re: Tanker Drivers Suspend Strike In Lagos by Nobody: 9:06pm On Aug 10, 2020
Badonasty:

You for charge the battery full before advert

I just dey charge am
Re: Tanker Drivers Suspend Strike In Lagos by bankulizer: 9:12pm On Aug 10, 2020
Pimpmaride:

Check my signature

But they risk their lives to deliver fuel to every nook and cranny.

Every organisation has it's good and bad

Good cop bad cop

Good dog bad dog

Let me them strike for a month

If Nigerians won't groan

They are the only union that fight against fuel increase

Yet you don't have sense
Re: Tanker Drivers Suspend Strike In Lagos by diegwu02: 9:25pm On Aug 10, 2020
bankulizer:

Good cop bad cop

Good dog bad dog

If Nigerians won't groan

Yet you don't have sense
Do they deliver the fuel for free?

Strike for 1 month?

They will starve, hunger go press their neck die

1 Like

Re: Tanker Drivers Suspend Strike In Lagos by 0taPiaPia(m): 9:28pm On Aug 10, 2020
"The useless country called Nigeria" not striving to get any of the sector working even at 50% capacity. Are we supposed to have issues like this in the year 2020 ?.
Roads =0
Railway=0
Waterways =0
Electricity= -90%
Portable water= -90%
Health sector= -90%
Security = -100%
Food= -90
And the list continues..... tongue angry lipsrsealed
Re: Tanker Drivers Suspend Strike In Lagos by Nobody: 9:30pm On Aug 10, 2020
bankulizer:

Good cop bad cop
Good dog bad dog
If Nigerians won't groan
Yet you don't have sense
See as sense full ur brain
Re: Tanker Drivers Suspend Strike In Lagos by ijayopi(m): 9:31pm On Aug 10, 2020
Mumu people
Re: Tanker Drivers Suspend Strike In Lagos by Ishilove: 9:41pm On Aug 10, 2020
Anwons:
Unscrupulous unserious tankers drivers. This is exactly one of the reasons why Nigeria can't breath!
But their complaints are valid. You should see the level of extortion and harassment these people go through in the hands of different security personnel and area boys in that axis.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

BREAKING: Assistant Commissioner Of Police Gunned Down In Benin / Lagos State Government To Continue Enforcement Of Traffic Laws / 2023 Elections: Young Nigerians Push For Vice Presidential Seat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.