Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,822,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:36 AM

Twitter User: “Marriage Is Not Beneficial To Nigerian Men". Do You Agree? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Twitter User: “Marriage Is Not Beneficial To Nigerian Men". Do You Agree? (1361 Views)

I Cheated-my Marriage Is Falling Apart / Why Do Men Do DNA Test ? – Lady Asks / POF: My Marriage Is About To Be Ruined Becaus Of A Secret I Kept From My Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Twitter User: “Marriage Is Not Beneficial To Nigerian Men". Do You Agree? by DrLiveLogic(m): 7:59am On Aug 12, 2020
Marriage will not be beneficial to any man, nigerian or otherwise, who marries just to uphold tradition, worse still for mere physical attraction. Marriage should be treated just like business. You make an elaborate and detailed business plan to yield maximum dividends, you must for marriage too. Only marry a woman who can add value to the empire you're building. An accomplished woman is almost certainly wife material but even if you're marrying a less developed lady, her character MUST exude obsession to develop herself action-wise, not these lazy ass "sly" queens.
Same with kids produced from the marriage. Each child MUST become added value to your empire, meaning you raise them under stringent discipline to this effect. Therefore only a woman with potential to uphold your principles for your kids deserves a ring.
Anything less makes marriage a liability for the man and the woman sole beneficiary.
Could have said a lot more but I gotta go now.
Re: Twitter User: “Marriage Is Not Beneficial To Nigerian Men". Do You Agree? by Nobody: 8:03am On Aug 12, 2020
Marriage is not beneficial to men but a guy I know won't stop begging me to marry him so that I will give him kids, men get kids out of marriage, that is what they gain in marriage and also a mini maid.
Re: Twitter User: “Marriage Is Not Beneficial To Nigerian Men". Do You Agree? by jornwhite: 10:13am On Aug 12, 2020
cococandy:
Life would be amazing if men decide they won’t marry and they won’t get high BP when they see a single woman beyond a certain age

hypocrite, you come online to lead these gurls on a journey of spinsterhood whereas you are under one man, same nonsense linda ikeji did whereas she was doing something else offline.
You chose a man over what could have been an amazing life, what does that make you. must you gurls live a double life.

3 Likes

Re: Twitter User: “Marriage Is Not Beneficial To Nigerian Men". Do You Agree? by pocohantas(f): 10:24am On Aug 12, 2020
cococandy:
Life would be amazing if men decide they won’t marry and they won’t get high BP when they see a single woman beyond a certain age

It is a very simple stuff. I can see one element claiming you are leading women on a journey of spinsterhood. Are people this daft or they just like to twist things? The point is very simple, if you desire marriage and find the ideal partner- marry. If you don’t or haven’t met that person, no one should denigrate you for that.

But no, these guys want you to be their chief-whip, helping them flog every single lady into depression and desperation. Sadly when you do that, they will be right on time to tell us it is women who hate woman. It is women who mock spinsters more. Evil people. grin grin

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Twitter User: “Marriage Is Not Beneficial To Nigerian Men". Do You Agree? by Tozic: 10:47am On Aug 12, 2020
Dande55:
Why are they angry that ladies are agreeing with them? These people are actually not reasonable a bit. They want to threaten us with marriage and watch us beg them to change their minds.

Fools. More lesbians are coming up, dildos and vibrators are replacing you lots, Sperm is very cheap in the hospital just incase a lady feels like carrying a baby(Tboss and the rest). So what can an average Nigerian man even do for a financially independent woman?

Stale and unreasonable. I don't even know what you are trying to pass to guests reading this.

2 Likes

Re: Twitter User: “Marriage Is Not Beneficial To Nigerian Men". Do You Agree? by cococandy(f): 11:02am On Aug 12, 2020
jornwhite:

hypocrite, you come online to lead these gurls on a journey of spinsterhood whereas you are under one man, same nonsense linda ikeji did whereas she was doing something else offline.
You chose a man over what could have been an amazing life, what does that make you. must you gurls live a double life.

You and the point are not friends grin
Re: Twitter User: “Marriage Is Not Beneficial To Nigerian Men". Do You Agree? by FlordFlorez(m): 4:16pm On Aug 12, 2020
No be today I don know sey marriage na scam. In Nigeria, it benefits the women than men.

1 Like

Re: Twitter User: “Marriage Is Not Beneficial To Nigerian Men". Do You Agree? by Nobody: 9:40pm On Aug 12, 2020
prof2007:
A web developer with the handle @bigbrutha_ on Twitter is of the opinion that marriage is not beneficial to Nigerian men. He said a Nigerian man gets “zero advantage” out of marriage.

Do you agree?

SOURCE: https://www.naijanewspapers.com.ng/do-you-agree-marriage-is-not-beneficial-to-nigerian-men-twitter-user-says-104233.html

Only true if you are not deeply religious.
Re: Twitter User: “Marriage Is Not Beneficial To Nigerian Men". Do You Agree? by Skepticus: 3:45am On Aug 13, 2020
Unnerve:

Lol, but this is the part that gets confusing for me, because they should be happy their movement is finally paying off, yet it's still feminists that will try to shoot down the opinion of @bigbrutha simply because they don't like it.

There are quite a number of things we should be grateful to feminism for:

1. More men no longer want to be financially responsible for their women (feminists say they are independent and have jobs).

2. More men no longer want to kneel to propose to women (feminists say they are sexually liberated and can have as much sex as they want).

3. More men no longer want to put much effort into chasing women (feminists said they are woke enough to go for any man they desire).

4. More men no longer see the need to be protective of women (feminists said they are strong on their own).

5. More men are finally seeing marriage as quite unnecessary (feminists said marriage is not an achievement and is unnecessary).

6. More men are finally seeing the culture of brideprice and marriage lists as outrageous (feminists said they are not property).

So many things they ought to take credit for, so many things... I'm staring to believe we should all be feminists, Chimamanda was right.
She perfectly understands how stressful it can be for men to continue acting in archaic traditional ways.

grin grin

I see what you did there.

Valid stuff!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Twitter User: “Marriage Is Not Beneficial To Nigerian Men". Do You Agree? by CaveAdullam: 6:31am On Aug 13, 2020
frozen70:

Marriage is beneficial to man especially because his name and lineage lives on

But more valuable to women because nature made them bond with children

A man without family is like a house with out a roof
No.

He is like a fish without hook.

A forest without deers.

A deer colony without lions.
Re: Twitter User: “Marriage Is Not Beneficial To Nigerian Men". Do You Agree? by CaveAdullam: 6:35am On Aug 13, 2020
The essence of marriage is to ensure safe union between a man and his wife, and to raise children under a qualitative environment that will later further their pedigree.

No procreation is socially reasonable if one should consider the cost of running a family. Nothing beat singlehood, but It is evolutionary dumb!

For the ladies who want to deceive themselves, claiming career minded, ambitiousness etc should know that they will definitely lose. Because if everything skew neutral, none can defeat a male. I repeat none can defeat a male.

Now, if a man is no longer marriage/procreation minded, he will definitely focus on his goals with all his might to acquire status----a quality women don't concerned themselves with, because naturally they just want to be cared for and protected.

The fingerprints of men is upon everything. The sexes are not equal but complementary even though we know that the male gender is of higher advantage to a large extent.

Women, you can't compete with men, day in or out on a leveled playing field. And even nature is not on your side. Do not be deceived by what the mainstream media portray, it is an attempt to lead you all astray.

Women go back to your traditional old days when you all were filled with feminine essence and aura. If you do this, men will yet love and cater for you again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Twitter User: “Marriage Is Not Beneficial To Nigerian Men". Do You Agree? by Unnerve: 7:46am On Aug 13, 2020
Skepticus:

grin grin

I see what you did there.

Valid stuff!
Lol, 100%

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

. / Nigerians Use 190m Condoms In One Year / Her Mum Is Pushing It.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.