Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,006 members, 7,814,431 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:48 PM

Happy Valentine - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Happy Valentine (2430 Views)

20 Reasons Why Valentine Is An Evil And A Satanic Activity / Is Valentine's Day A Religious Ceremony And Is Islam Against It? / Rest In Peace Your Lordship Vincent Valentine Egwuchukwu Ezeonyia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Happy Valentine by Blueice4re(f): 9:09am On Feb 14, 2011
Do you know that Julius Ceaser fought for love, Romeo and Juliet died for love, Macbeth killed for love, Adam ate the fruit for love and most of all Christ Died for love ,he gave up for love. so what can you do to show that you love someone to day. please show love to everyone today and for ever Amen. HAPPY VAL TO YOU ALL.
Re: Happy Valentine by Cogent: 2:04pm On Feb 14, 2011
Ok. But do you know why this 'Valentine's' day is celebrated today? Do you know it's origins?
@Op, Question is for you.
Re: Happy Valentine by andyprez(m): 2:13pm On Feb 14, 2011
OP. Hmmmm, Dunno, maybe u tell me what I can do.
Re: Happy Valentine by neyshed: 2:26pm On Feb 14, 2011
Do we even need to kno? just say the two word (Happy Valentine) no story
Re: Happy Valentine by Odunnu: 2:28pm On Feb 14, 2011
We are waiting
Re: Happy Valentine by foyeks2001(f): 2:30pm On Feb 14, 2011
Odunnu:

We are waiting

me too
Re: Happy Valentine by eminemkayc: 2:33pm On Feb 14, 2011
All these people did one thing or the other for luv. . . while some pundits are thinkin of MAKING LUV . . . angry angry angry
Re: Happy Valentine by foyeks2001(f): 2:35pm On Feb 14, 2011
eminemkayc:

All these people did one thing or the other for luv. . . while some pundits are thinkin of MAKING LUV . . . angry angry angry

pls tell them, o ye the sons of jezebel on nairaland brother
Re: Happy Valentine by NeroPapas(m): 3:12pm On Feb 14, 2011
Saint Valentine's Day, commonly shortened to Valentine's Day,is an annual commemoration held on February 14 celebrating love and affection between intimate companions The day is named after one or more early Christian martyrs, Saint Valentine, and was established by Pope Gelasius I in 496 AD. It was deleted from the Roman calendar of saints in 1969 by Pope Paul VI, but its religious observance is still permitted. It is traditionally a day on which lovers express their love for each other by presenting flowers, offering confectionery, and sending greeting cards (known as "valentines"wink. The day first became associated with romantic love in the circle of Geoffrey Chaucer in the High Middle Ages, when the tradition of courtly love flourished.

Modern Valentine's Day symbols include the heart-shaped outline, doves, and the figure of the winged Cupid. Since the 19th century, handwritten valentines have given way to mass-produced greeting cards. grin

To know more, follow the link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valentine%27s_Day

Re: Happy Valentine by titidowu(f): 3:14pm On Feb 14, 2011
I believe VAL is not just a boyfnd n girlfrnd thing,its more than wat pple think anyway my msg'SHOW LOVE TO THOSE IN NEED
Re: Happy Valentine by neyshed: 3:26pm On Feb 14, 2011
Origin or no origin We celebrate, grin
Re: Happy Valentine by scopusng(m): 3:42pm On Feb 14, 2011
love is for every one and to love is to receive a glimpse of heaven.You can't stop loving or wanting to love because when its right, it's the best thing in the world. When you're in a relationship and it's good, even if nothing else in your life is right, you feel like your whole world is complete.
Re: Happy Valentine by neyshed: 3:45pm On Feb 14, 2011
True talk scop
Re: Happy Valentine by etaurus(m): 4:12pm On Feb 14, 2011
[size=18pt]My Val. wishes for all Nlanders is for you to get more money.[/size]

and no troubles
Re: Happy Valentine by neyshed: 4:17pm On Feb 14, 2011
Oshey @etaurus and u
Re: Happy Valentine by eminemkayc: 4:40pm On Feb 14, 2011
@foyeks, uv got a nice cute p pix. . . happy val to u and ur family. . . wink
Re: Happy Valentine by Cogent: 5:20pm On Feb 14, 2011
I don't see why Protestants should be celebrating Saint Valentine's day when the celebration was established by a catholic pope. Please Protestants, why do you celebrate a catholic festival?
Re: Happy Valentine by untainted: 5:28pm On Feb 14, 2011
^^^^^dem send you?
Re: Happy Valentine by Odunnu: 6:51pm On Feb 14, 2011
No be small thing o!
Re: Happy Valentine by Cogent: 7:21pm On Feb 14, 2011
@untainted and odunnu, I am the type of person that likes basing my actions on logic and reason. I did not ask that question to make trouble, I would just like for people to think and employ reason before they do the things they do.
Re: Happy Valentine by thehomer: 7:31pm On Feb 14, 2011
Blueice4re:

Do you know that Julius Ceaser fought for love, Romeo and Juliet died for love, Macbeth killed for love, Adam ate the fruit for love and most of all Christ Died for love ,he gave up for love. so what can you do to show that you love someone to day. please show love to everyone today and for ever Amen. HAPPY VAL TO YOU ALL.

Adam ate the fruit for love? I thought he was deceived and this was why women had to suffer to bear children (until the arrival of modern medicine which effectively nullifies God's punishment at its worst for those who can afford it).
Did Jesus die for love or did he commit suicide knowing that he will resurrect and float up into heaven? Was it really love or was it the command of his father God?
Happy Valentine's Day to you all.
Re: Happy Valentine by linsa01(m): 7:36pm On Feb 14, 2011
titidowu:

I believe VAL is not just a boyfnd n girlfrnd thing,its more than wat pple think

but its more of bfrnd/grlfrnd nowadays. Hw many married couples celebrate it?. Much lv in d air.
Re: Happy Valentine by Vidamia(m): 7:42pm On Feb 14, 2011
My babe ask of val gift from me and i also ask for sex as a val gift from her. She said that i should wait til our wedding night. I now said that i will give her val gift on our wedding night also but she vex well well. Am i wrong with that response?
Re: Happy Valentine by manmustwac(m): 7:58pm On Feb 14, 2011
Vidamia:

My babe ask of val gift from me and i also ask for sex as a val gift from her. She said that i should wait til our wedding night. I now said that i will give her val gift on our wedding night also but she vex well well. Am i wrong with that response?
No you are not wrong. In my opinion you did the right thing. If she can't give you sex as a gift she should at least by you a gift as well. Your babe sounds like a selfish person to me.
Re: Happy Valentine by MaiSuya(m): 8:09pm On Feb 14, 2011
Vidamia:

If she reciprocated your gesture by offering her body to you, pray, how much different from a frigggin harlot will she be?

Would you still have respect for such a person?

I know I wouldn't.
Re: Happy Valentine by MaiSuya(m): 8:11pm On Feb 14, 2011
By the way Happy valentine everyone!
Re: Happy Valentine by zerocool(m): 8:56pm On Feb 14, 2011
Let's meet St. Valentine Let me introduce myself. My name is Valentine. I lived in Rome during the third century. That was long, long ago! At that time, Rome was ruled by an emperor named Claudius. I didn't like Emperor Claudius, and I wasn't the only one! A lot of people shared my feelings. Claudius wanted to have a big army. He expected men to volunteer to join. Many men just did not want to fight in wars. They did not want to leave their wives and families. As you might have guessed, not many men signed up. This made Claudius furious. So what happened? He had a crazy idea. He thought that if men were not married, they would not mind joining the army. So Claudius decided not to allow any more marriages. Young people thought his new law was cruel. I thought it was preposterous! I certainly wasn't going to support that law! Did I mention that I was a priest? One of my favourite activities was to marry couples.

Even after Emperor Claudius passed his law, I kept on performing marriage ceremonies -- secretly, of course. It was really quite exciting. Imagine a small candlelit room with only the bride and groom and myself. We would whisper the words of the ceremony, listening all the while for the steps of soldiers. One night, we did hear footsteps. It was scary! Thank night, we did hear footsteps. It was scary! Thank goodness the couple I was marrying escaped in time. I was caught. (Not quite as light on my feet as I used to be, I guess.) I was thrown in jail and told that my punishment was death. I tried to stay cheerful. And do you know what? Wonderful things happened.

Many young people came to the jail to visit me. They threw flowers and notes up to my window. They wanted me to know that they, too, believed in love. One of these young people was the daughter of the prison guard. Her father allowed her to visit me in the cell. Sometimes we would sit and talk for hours. She helped me to keep my spirits up. She agreed that I did the right thing by ignoring the Emperor and going ahead with the secret marriages. On the day I was to die, I left my friend a little note thanking her for her friendship and loyalty. I signed it,"Love from your Valentine." I believe that note started the custom of exchanging love messages on Valentine's Day.

It was written on the day I died, February 14 , 269 A.D. Now, every year on this day, people remember. But most importantly, they think about love and friendship. And when they think of Emperor Claudius, they remember how he tried to stand in the way of love, and they laugh -- because they know that love can't be beaten!

Source: www.ForumCitizens.com (Naija's Finest)
Re: Happy Valentine by naijasing(f): 9:45pm On Feb 14, 2011
happy valentine nairaland
Re: Happy Valentine by tlops(m): 9:57pm On Feb 14, 2011
one love!!!
Re: Happy Valentine by OboBoco(f): 10:37pm On Feb 14, 2011
zerocool:

Let's meet St. Valentine Let me introduce myself. My name is Valentine. I lived in Rome during the third century. That was long, long ago! At that time, Rome was ruled by an emperor named Claudius. I didn't like Emperor Claudius, and I wasn't the only one! A lot of people shared my feelings. Claudius wanted to have a big army. He expected men to volunteer to join. Many men just did not want to fight in wars. They did not want to leave their wives and families. As you might have guessed, not many men signed up. This made Claudius furious. So what happened? He had a crazy idea. He thought that if men were not married, they would not mind joining the army. So Claudius decided not to allow any more marriages. Young people thought his new law was cruel. I thought it was preposterous! I certainly wasn't going to support that law! Did I mention that I was a priest? One of my favourite activities was to marry couples.

Even after Emperor Claudius passed his law, I kept on performing marriage ceremonies -- secretly, of course. It was really quite exciting. Imagine a small candlelit room with only the bride and groom and myself. We would whisper the words of the ceremony, listening all the while for the steps of soldiers. One night, we did hear footsteps. It was scary! Thank night, we did hear footsteps. It was scary! Thank goodness the couple I was marrying escaped in time. I was caught. (Not quite as light on my feet as I used to be, I guess.) I was thrown in jail and told that my punishment was death. I tried to stay cheerful. And do you know what? Wonderful things happened.

Many young people came to the jail to visit me. They threw flowers and notes up to my window. They wanted me to know that they, too, believed in love. One of these young people was the daughter of the prison guard. Her father allowed her to visit me in the cell. Sometimes we would sit and talk for hours. She helped me to keep my spirits up. She agreed that I did the right thing by ignoring the Emperor and going ahead with the secret marriages. On the day I was to die, I left my friend a little note thanking her for her friendship and loyalty. I signed it,"Love from your Valentine." I believe that note started the custom of exchanging love messages on Valentine's Day.

It was written on the day I died, February 14 , 269 A.D. Now, every year on this day, people remember. But most importantly, they think about love and friendship. And when they think of Emperor Claudius, they remember how he tried to stand in the way of love, and they laugh -- because they know that love can't be beaten!

Source: www.ForumCitizens.com (Naija's Finest)

Interesting story, but if i may ask, if you died in 269 A.D, how did you get to nairaland to tell your story,
did you reincarnate or do we have a ghost on N/L now ? shocked shocked shocked
Re: Happy Valentine by afrosays(m): 10:50pm On Feb 14, 2011
Hello all,
Love can be real, love can be an illusion but whatever love is to you, just remember that it is a personal affair.

In the spirit of valentine, you can check out my blog (my signature below)
There's a valentine love story involving kidnappers ++

Enjoy!
Re: Happy Valentine by Kingabz: 8:57am On Feb 15, 2011
Believe me i cn't do stupid tinz in d name of luv. Coz i luv no one bt maself n i cn't help it.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Self-service - Is It A Sin According To The Bible? / Tell Me Why I Must Pay Tithe! / What I Did With My Christian Faith?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.