Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,335 members, 7,819,172 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:17 PM

The Last Venture - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Last Venture (10448 Views)

I See Politics As A Call To Service, Not Money Making Venture- Wole Adedoyin / Onomeh's Valentine Venture. A Short Episode From A Girl Who Did The Valentine / Don’t See Politics As Money Making Venture – Niya Boss Warns Nigerian Youth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Last Venture by BankyGee(m): 4:11pm On Aug 12, 2020
do4luv14:
Hmmm, since I was not called, make Ah kukuma Tuwama,

Tuwama go where?

Even BankyGee no even try see me Holla,

nah my baes way runaway him being dey holla upandan ehn

Ann2012 yousef ehn issoky ooo
Bros no vex abeg, I forget ni, I no go forget again smiley

Re: The Last Venture by BankyGee(m): 4:20pm On Aug 12, 2020
Mike Snr. is the man! Showing the kids how its done smiley

1 Like

Re: The Last Venture by Nicklaus619(m): 4:32pm On Aug 12, 2020
BankyGee:

No yawa bro, but no open AccessBank oh! Those people get werey o

Accessbank get werey for head aswear grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Last Venture by do4luv14(m): 5:08pm On Aug 12, 2020
Kaii... See nah, that why ah no like as you leave,
sharply you don bring chilled Juice ma use cooli down,
nah you Biko

Ann2012:

No vex, oya take one chilled juice

1 Like

Re: The Last Venture by do4luv14(m): 5:10pm On Aug 12, 2020
Ah my Gee wetin nah, stand up abeg, you tiri much ehn,

oya make we chop knuckles

BankyGee:

Bros no vex abeg, I forget ni, I no go forget again smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Last Venture by Taymeetee: 6:54pm On Aug 12, 2020
topher052:
E DON LAND OH

Taymeetee
Johnfiddy
vickyflex
AmazingELixir
Blaqcape
Ruben225571
Soleye24
PhenomenalAustin

Thanks for the mention brother
Re: The Last Venture by BankyGee(m): 7:57pm On Aug 12, 2020
do4luv14:
Ah my Gee wetin nah, stand up abeg, you tiri much ehn,
oya make we chop knuckles

Re: The Last Venture by gly(m): 9:43pm On Aug 12, 2020
BankyGee:

Baba gly! Just dey glide jejely... Don't go unsighted because I don sight you cool

Okay sir
Re: The Last Venture by extremelygolden: 11:26pm On Aug 12, 2020
BankyGee:

Queen, just tell him to gimme water. Save money cool

Our own golden guy? Lady? Ugh... You're most welcome smiley

You welcome bruh... Why I go read this kain story without you? Zeus go strike me be that grin

Na lady, Padi wa.
Re: The Last Venture by topher052: 11:29pm On Aug 12, 2020
CHAPTER TWO

We drove in silence as dad sped on the high way. His whole attention was on the road as he muttered some things to himself and kept wiping his face with the back of his hand. I was still trying to figure him out as I sat on my seat stealing glances at him.
He soon swerved to a bend maintaining same speed racing down the dusty road with bushes on both sides. I said nothing but kept quiet until he suddenly pulled over at a lonely place and hurried out of the car to the trunk, I needed no one to tell me to follow him.
Dad took out an automatic 9mm and pointed it to the trunk as he yanked it open. The Asian swiftly swung a knife at us, he narrowly missed dad’s hand and attempted to jump off the trunk but stopped when dad pointed the gun at him and said in the same cold tone he first used on I and Phila. “Don’t let me blow your fucking brains off!”
The Asian suddenly sat back in the trunk looking pitifully at us.
“Where is Sly?” dad asked in same tone.
“Who the Bleep is Sly?” the Asian replied arrogantly.
“Don’t play dumb with me, where’s he?”
The Asian looked at both of us and spat on the floor. “Go Bleep yourself!”
A loud gunshot echoed and the Asian screamed in pain, bent over clinging on to his tummy. I was startled. Dad just shot the guy.
“What? You want to kill him?” I yelled at dad and made to go closer to see if he was still alive.
“Get back!” Dad yelled at me. His voice felt like electrocution and I froze where I stood.
“The next bullet is going to your balls after the count of three. One... two...”
“Okay, okay I will talk” The Asian said with his bloody hand stopping dad.
“Start talking”
“Saint Margret”. He said
Dad winced at him and stretched the gun towards him. I was scared that he would shoot again but said nothing.
“Are you sure?” Dad asked in same tone.
“I swear with my daughter’s life”
Dad dropped the gun by his side and turned to me. “Do you believe him?”
The Asian was looking at me to nod my head for his life sake. I felt pity for him and said. “Yes, I believe him” Even though I wasn’t convinced.
A loud gunshot echoed. The Asian dropped on his back and his body jerked a little before he remained still looking blankly in the air with blood dropping from his forehead.
I turned to dad in utmost surprise and fright. He just shot a man dead in cold blood and stood complacently looking at him. I was still dumb folded; he moved to the trunk, jerked the dead man off the trunk, dropped him on the floor and shut the trunk.
“Let’s go!” he said walking to the driver side of the car.
“Go where? You just killed a man! Someone’s dad!” I barked angrily.
Dad paused like someone who forgot something as he was about opening the car door. Then he turned and walked up to me, stood in front of me with his eyes on my face while I tried to avoid contact with his.
“Do you want us to succeed in this mission or not?” He asked
I said nothing.
“Look son, sometimes you do things you are not proud of. Maybe that’s his destiny, to be killed by me”. Then he placed his hand around my neck. “Look son, stop being a wimp, I used to be like you once until.... well, that’s not important now, get into the car, we got Sly to rescue”. Then he left me and entered the car.
I stood looking at the dead Asian lying in the pool of his blood. Then I scanned through the deserted place and wondered if his body would ever be found. We just killed a cop with witnesses.
“Get into the goddamned car!” Dad barked.
I jerked at the sound of his voice and rushed into the car. As he reversed, the back tire climbed over the dead Asian.
“For Bleep sake!” I yelled at him.
He ignored me and raced to the road.
About an hour twenty minutes later we stopped in front of the hospital and dad’s attention was at the entrance door, he was muttering something to himself and scratching his beards. I was still trying to rid the death of the Asian off my mind when his voice called my attention.
“You go in, check the perimeter, take note of things and come back here in 5”. His eyes still at the hospital.
I looked at him as he kept muttering things to himself and wondered if he was still sane, how could he ask me to go in when our faces would have been everywhere? But I couldn’t bring myself to challenging him so I quietly asked “Why don’t we go together?”
“Stop talking silly and do what I asked you”. Dad retorted without taking his eyes off the hospital entrance.
I looked at the direction he was staring at and saw people including nurses going in and out.
“We have less than two hours before they will be on our asses”. Dad said in a softer tone and turned to me. “We have to get Sly out of there”
I nodded and stepped down from the car. As I looked at the hospital I felt like everyone knew who I was, so I bent my head and started towards the entrance.
The hall was busy with patients, nurses and doctors; no one even took notice of me. I looked around and decided to walk towards a hall way in front. The first door had on it PHARMACEUTICAL, I moved to the next while looking opposite through the glass opening at the stack of files arranged on different shelves. Then I bumped into a black fat man walking with a little girl.
“Watch it lady!” the fat man said. I apologized and he walked away with the little girl.
The next door had on it DOCTOR KYLE, I looked through the window and saw a young Indian doctor busy writing down something in a file on his table.
“Excuse me madam”. I tiny voice called from behind.
I didn’t know it was I the person was referring to, but I turned subconsciously and met a chubby white security lady that made me uncomfortably conscious.
“Do you need anything?” She asked looking at me suspiciously.
“Yes...em..actually...em... I am looking for someone”. I struggled to keep a steady tone, even though I was scared and nervous.
“Family?” she asked still looking at me suspiciously.
“Yes”. I said and swallowed hard.
She turned to three white nurses attending to five persons standing across their table and pointed. “Ask those nurses”
I thanked her and before she walked away I called her back. She turned and winced at me.
“Please, I am scared. I heard there’s a criminal in this hospital?”
I could see the obvious surprise on her face. That moment, I started feeling I made a mistake to have asked such question to a security personnel.
“No, he is in a different ward”. She said still looking at me.
I thanked her and walked towards the nurse she pointed. One of the nurses was arguing with an elderly white lady who insisted on seeing a particular doctor. The nurse in the middle just finished with a young man that walked away smiling. So I walked up to her and greeted. She replied with a smile. Then I beamed a friendly smile as I said cautiously. “My uncle is here. Heard he is under police custody”
“You are not allowed in there” she said and smiled at the lady behind me. “Hold on a little”, then she turned to me. “Can I attend to the next person please?”
“Just tell me where he is”. I said with my hands on the table leaning closer to her.
“Do you have a something from the police, anything?” The nurse asked impatiently.
As I was stammering, thinking of how best to sway her over, two cops walked in and went straight upstairs. I quickly left her table and she immediately started attending to the African lady behind me.
I walked carefully towards the stairs and looked out for the security lady; she was busy talking with a tall, dark security guy. That was it, I hurried upstairs and stopped a safe distance behind so the cops wouldn’t know I was tailing them.
They took a bend and I hurried to catch up and hid with my back on the wall as I peep and saw them greeting four armed men; three whites and one Italian.
That was all I needed. My assignment was over. As I turned to leave, I bumped into a janitor; a slim tall white girl.
“You are not allowed here”. The girl said looking at me strangely as she walked passed.
I hurried downstairs, and to the car where dad sat patiently waiting for me. He turned to me and asked as I settled in. “Where is he?”
I waited until I caught my breath before saying, “Up stairs. But no one is allowed there”
“How many are they?”
“Four outside, I don’t know how many inside”
He looked uneasily in front of him and then hit the steering angrily twice startling me.
“We are going in now!” dad said and took out his gun, looked at it and replaced it under his belt.
“Are you out of your mind?!” I barked not knowing when the words came out of my mouth.
He shot me a glance and said. “Are you coming?” as he opened the door.
I looked at the hospital and the people going in and out through the door, then shook my head and concluded that he was insane.
“Hey, are you coming?” He asked again looking at me ominously.
“No”. I said looking him in the eyes not minding how he would take it.
He hesitated a little, looked around and then said to me. “Stay in the car, I am coming”.
I watched him disappeared through the entrance and panic engulfed me. If I had known he was not psychologically balanced, I wouldn’t have agreed for him to begin this journey with me.
I was about turning on the radio to check if they were already talking about the attack at the other hospital when I heard sirens. I looked towards the entrance, dad was nowhere in view. Before I could think of something, three police cars drove in and a van behind them. The doors opened abruptly as the cars stopped and heavily armed men hurried out. About seven men ran into the hospital while others stood by the cars looking ominously around.
Where was dad? My fears and panic increased as I buried my head on the dashboard.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Last Venture by topher052: 11:31pm On Aug 12, 2020
Please, those of you i didn't mention, i was banned yesterday for mentioning the few i mentioned. Please dont be angry.

1 Like

Re: The Last Venture by Harbay0101(m): 8:40am On Aug 13, 2020
Dybala11:

Thanks for the mention Mr OP, bring it on sir xos we're following your lead.

We have landed, thanks for the call up
Re: The Last Venture by Harbay0101(m): 8:41am On Aug 13, 2020
topher052:
NEW STORY HERE

Aprishyn06
gdonj1
kcowen
Harbay0101
enigma0
holurinde
Ofudboss
marjesti
Dybala11

We are here
Re: The Last Venture by royalguy123(m): 2:34pm On Aug 13, 2020
I have gatecrashed this trend ,
let me take my seat waiter please give me one cold drink lemme use it to cool my mind
Topher52 welcome back

Re: The Last Venture by BankyGee(m): 10:05pm On Aug 13, 2020
extremelygolden:

Na lady, Padi wa.
Wow... No wonder! Only ladies are golden... Guys like us, na bronze we be grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Last Venture by do4luv14(m): 10:35pm On Aug 13, 2020
This Mike Junior dey make me vex sef, e too dey fear fear like woman,

but if nah to chop and clean mouth, na dia e go strong

1 Like

Re: The Last Venture by BankyGee(m): 10:51pm On Aug 13, 2020
do4luv14:
This Mike Junior dey make me vex sef, e too dey fear fear like woman,

but if nah to chop and clean mouth, na dia e go strong
Or bleep women

1 Like

Re: The Last Venture by gly(m): 1:24pm On Aug 14, 2020
royalguy123:
I have gatecrashed this trend ,
let me take my seat waiter please give me one cold drink lemme use it to cool my mind
Topher52 welcome back

I trust you bro!!!
Whether Gatecrashing or invited las las you don pass the test of joining an interview don sure and finally the job don land grin grin grin grin
All this one wey you dey ask for cold bear for test and interview centre, BankyGee fit sanction you o! grin grin grin grin
Welcome bro

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Last Venture by do4luv14(m): 1:55pm On Aug 14, 2020
Ahhh my Gee no fall ma hand oo,
bleep womane, is same as chop and clean mouth ooo

BankyGee:
Or bleep women
Re: The Last Venture by BankyGee(m): 10:39pm On Aug 14, 2020
do4luv14:

Ahhh my Gee no fall ma hand oo,

bleep womane, is same as chop and clean mouth ooo

Ah! I no think go there, I take am literally! Chai boss man you bad gan grin
Re: The Last Venture by topher052: 4:16pm On Aug 16, 2020
CHAPTER THREE

I sat in the car completely petrified. Dad was in trouble and there was nothing I could do. The cops were ominously alert and going inside to see what was happening was completely out of the question. My greatest fear was that dad must have started his James Bond shit which was a bad idea with the situation of things.
Few minutes later, some group of nurses accompanied by a set of vigilant armed men came out with Sly. Sly looked slim and older in a blue hospital gown in was in. They stopped in front of the hospital entrance looking expectantly. I tried to look out for dad but he was nowhere in view, at least he wasn’t arrested yet.
An ambulance van stopped in front of the hospital, I watched Sly and the nurses enter through the back. The armed men rushed into their cars and they all drove off with sirens.
“What crime had Sly commit to get so much attention?”I said to myself.
I sat in the car for thirty-five minutes before dad appeared from the entrance. He looked monstrous. At least I was relieved he hadn’t tried to be a hero. I watched him walk towards the car consciously and when he entered the car he sat silently looking straight ahead.
“Thank god you came out safe” I said, trying to let him know he was wiser this time.
“Bleep it!” He stormed and hit the steering, then turned to be viciously. “I was this close!” Indicating with his finger “This close and they ruined it! Now Sly is out of reach”
I reviewed my words carefully before asking. “What do we do now?”
He sat thoughtfully for a while before saying. “We are going to see how we can find the rest of the crew ourselves”
“Got an idea?” I asked.
He said nothing, his eyes was still on the road. Then he engaged the engine and drove away.
We sat in a cafe’ having cheeseburger and soft drink. Dad sat opposite me, he seemed so unsettled. Anyone that walks in calls his attention, his mouth was literally full and his eye balls singing from side-to-side. I couldn’t contain the disgust in my tummy so I spoke up.
“Take it easy! Should we leave?”
He paused and looked at me for few seconds, then poured out everything in his mouth on his hand and dropped it on the floor. I felt so irritated but pretended I wasn’t.
“I have a bad feeling” He said.
“What kind of feeling?”
He looked around and whispered. “Trouble”
“Should we leave?” I asked again.
He said nothing and resumed eating.
Few minutes later we finished and returned to the motel. Dad was in front while I followed from behind. As we were about entering our room, we heard the sound of the TV. Dad paused and looked at the walkway if anyone was looking, then at the buildings opposite before he took out his gun, positioned it in his head. Then turned to me and nodded as if I knew what his plan was, but I nodded back all the same feeling I should be alert.
With a hard kick he knocked open the door and aimed to fire, a familiar voice female screamed. “Mike! It’s me!”
I rushed to confirm who it was; Phila and Fiona were staring at dad in horror. Dad quickly retrieved his hand and apologized. “Where is your car? I didn’t know it was you”, Dad said as he strolled into the room.
I shut the door that the lock was already broken and entered the room. Phila and Fiona were looking at me suspiciously. Dad turned to what they were staring at and said as he sat down. “ That’s Mike. My craft”
I laughed and took off the wig. I could see the ladies where overly surprised.
“Oh my god! Mike! You look so beautiful as a lady!” Fiona said laughing.
“I was even thinking you came with a prostitute”. Phila said to dad.
“It’s been ages since I had sex. Barely feel like it anymore”
I sat down looking at Fiona. She looked stressed but was apparently happy to see me.
“How are you?”I said to her, feeling awkwardly strange that I wasn’t excited to see her.
She nodded and turned to dad. “Hi, I am Fiona”.
Dad turned to her and winced thoughtfully. “You remind me of someone”
Fiona blushed and said. “That’s what people say”.
“Sandra! Yes!” dad said.
Fiona paused in shock and said. “That’s my step sister’s name”
“Was she in the military?” dad asked.
She nodded and looked at me in astonishment.
Dad stood up and went close to her, then he sat beside her and asked in an emotional tone. “She was shot right?”
Fiona nodded.
“What? You are Sandra’s sister?” Phila asked in surprise.
Fiona nodded and turned to me, her eyes laden with unanswered questions.
“She was my girl friend. Some freak killed her”. Dad said in a cold tone.
Someone knocked at the door. Dad swiftly took out his gone and stared at the door ominously. The knock came again, all our attention was on it.
“Who’s that?” Phila asked.
“Hotel management” A female voice said.
Dad stood up and walked to the door with the gun in his hand behind his back. He slowly opened and the female voice said.“We heard a bang and wanted to know if everything was okay?”
“Everything is fine”. Dad answered.
“The door’s lock is damaged. I am sorry you will have to pay for it”
“Okay. We will send the money to you; get us someone to fix it”
There was a slight pause, and then she said. “I will send someone over soon”
“Thank you”. Dad said and shut the door.

I and Fiona sat in front of the room later that evening to give dad and Phila some privacy and also have some time for ourselves. I could sense she was yet to believe that the man her family blames for the death of her sister was my dad, she could barely bring herself to say anything to me. I noticed everything I was saying to her wasn’t really sinking in. So I probed a little.
“What is going with you?”
She looked at me and shook her head. I held her hand and asked. “Is it about my dad?”
She heaved and said. “Not really, just that I didn’t know you were his son”.
“What does that mean?”
“History”
I was puzzled, then asked further. “History? How?”
“Same thing I was told about your dad is what’s happening to you. I am in the middle of it like my sister was. I don’t want to die like she did”.
Before I could ask another question, I heard Phila mourning silently. I ignored it and went ahead to ask so as to distract Fiona but she heard it too and smiled.
“So you think it’s going to happen to us?”
She said nothing but embraced herself and heaved looking in front of her. I felt the weather was getting colder; we couldn’t go in since dad had started something with Phila. So I took of my sleeve shirt and hung it on her shoulder and was left with singlet. She turned to me, seeing i was only on singlet wanted to reject the shirt, but I insisted.
“Don’t, you are cold, I hardly catch cold!” I lied. Even though I was dealing with cold myself, i had to control it so she doesn’t think I am cold and reject the shirt.
“You, know...” Fiona said thoughtfully.
I turned to her. She looked angelic and peaceful as she sat with my shirt on her shoulder.
“I had this attraction for you the first time I saw you that morning I twisted my ankle. You carried me to the car, that was something no man has ever done for me...”
The sound of the bed in our room behind us shaking and glass breaking cut Fiona short. Phila was now mourning loudly, uttering the peace of the night. I and Fiona exchanged a glance and laughed. Phila mourned even louder and a stout white lady in a black gown came out of a door in an office adjacent us at our right. She looked our direction and then hesitated before going back inside.
I and Fiona laughed again, that moment I realized she was so beautiful when she laughed. She stopped and looked at me thoughtfully. I leaned closer and she closed her eyes. Our lips met, she reciprocated and we began kissing passionately.
“Stop that noise!” A lady shouted
We abruptly broke our kiss and turned to the elderly lady standing with her husband in front of the room opposite ours. But Phila seem to even increased her voice and dad joined. They were mourning like porn stars on drugs.
The old couple frowned and headed towards the reception adjacent us. I and Fiona turned to each other.
“Trouble!” Fiona said laughing. I joined her and we both laughed heartily.
Fiona then leaned on my shoulder and I crossed my hand around her. We sat silently listening the banging in the room. I was expecting dad to stop any moment, but he continued. At a point, Phila started mourning like was dying. That made Fiona sat up and looked behind her.
“Are you sure she is fine?”
Before I could think of a good answer to the question, The old couple came out of the reception. The lady shot i and Fiona a contempt look and pulled her husband by the hand into the room.
Dad and Fiona finally ended their sporting. I was relieved and as the night’s peace returned.
“Let’s go to the car”. Fiona whispered into my ears in a sexy tone.
I knew what she was up to and stood up. She followed me. We entered the back seat and as soon I shut the door, she pulled me to herself and we began kissing. She wrapped her legs around my waist and held me close. We exchanged lips and tongues passionately. Then I descended to her neck, ears, chest, there she sat up and took off her blouse and exposed too lovely big boobs with huge nipples. I put my mouth on each nipple and sucked, nibble and brushed with my tongue and lips while I caress them both simultaneously.
Then moved down to her pubic rejoin, took off her trouser and pant. Kissed her down in-between her legs and placed my mouth on her clitoris, sucking hard and fingering her moist Vaginal simultaneously. I ensured my finger was hitting the G spot as I fingered. She so practically hysterical. I continued sucking harder and hitting the G spot until she ejaculated.
Then she bent over and sucked my dick. She sucked really good; stroking my balls, a finger on in-between my anus and balls and her bold lips were wonderful on my dick. As soon as i was hard enough, she mouthed me on cow girl reverse and rode me so well and i mourned silently while I stimulated her clitoris from behind.
We were going on smoothly and I was about to cum when I spotted two black men moving suspiciously towards our room. I stopped and looked closely, one of them had his hand in his black jacket. I stopped Fiona and gently moved away from her. She was confused, but when she saw what i was looking at, she became scared.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Last Venture by do4luv14(m): 5:05pm On Aug 16, 2020
Hmmmm Anoder wahala again ehn
Re: The Last Venture by royalguy123(m): 5:49pm On Aug 16, 2020
Topher052 the guy with the Golden pen,is at his elements again,
but you made mention of mourning five good times this last episode or did Snr Mike killed phila during the other room business snr Mike is back,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Last Venture by dawno2008(m): 6:00pm On Aug 16, 2020
This family and wahala is like 5&6.
E don dey set again shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Last Venture by topher052: 9:50pm On Aug 18, 2020
CHAPTER FOUR

“Who are they?” Fiona asked as she dried to dress up.
I didn’t answer her, I quietly stepped down from the car taking the driver side that was backing the men. As I watched from behind the car, the taller of the men stood in front of our door and looked both sides and slowly placed his hand on the door knob. That moment, I was completely frantic, a thousand negative thoughts clouded my thinking, and so i jumped out from the back of the car and shouted.
“Dad! Bad guys at the door! Dad! Bad guys at the door!”
The guys seemed confused for a moment. Then the shorter one nudged the door hard and it yanked open, a loud gunshot came from inside, I quickly took cover behind the car. Where I hid myself, the taller guy ran past and I heard another approaching footstep. With seconds, dad ran past chasing after him clad in just boxers. Before I could look and see what was going on, another gunshot sound echoed and a loud scream of one in pain. I ran to see if dad was okay, dad was moving forward with his gun pointed at the falling man.
I quickly ran close and stood behind dad.
“Please don’t kill me. I am sent to rob and threaten you guys to leave”. The man on the floor said with a hand stretched towards dad.
Dad said nothing, came closer to the man and kicked the gun away from him.
“Please, I bed you. I am telling the truth”. The man begged.
“Who sent you?” Dad asked still pointing the gun at the man.
The man pointed towards the reception. I and dad turned simultaneously and caught someone hurriedly closing a window.
“Yes, she’s the one”. The man said still pointing.
Fiona was few step behind me looking. Phila just came out of the room, she jumped over the dead man lying in front of the door and looked towards our direction, when she saw we were okay, she started walking towards us.
“Why did she ask you to rob us?” I asked.
The man bite back pain before saying. “She said you guys were disturbing other customers, and wanted you guys to leave without refund”
“Who is he talking about?” Phila asked as she stood behind dad looking at the pathetic man on the floor.
“The hotel lady from earlier” Dad said.
Phila turned towards the reception and then to dad. “We have to get out of here, like right now”
“Why?” I asked.
Phila looked thoughtfully at me for a brief seconds and then to dad. “Get your clothes, we are leaving here now”. Then she turned to Fiona who still stood afar looking. “Get our things! Quick!”
Dad turned to leave, and then to our surprise, he shot him in the chest twice. We were all transfixed, looking at dad as he was walking away nonchalantly. No one said a word or moved until dad had almost gotten to the room that was when Phila silently said to me. “Get your things son, we have to leave here now!”

We all sat in the car completely crestfallen. Dad would at intervals turn to Phila who sat in the front seat looking out through the window. I and Fiona sat silently in the back with Amaka in-between us.
“Hey babe” Dad finally called Phila, but she ignored him. He focused on the road and then turned to after awhile her. “Talk to me baby” She ignored him. He stretched a hand and touched her shoulder, she shook his hand off and turned Fiona.
“Darling, would you like us to go back home?”
Fiona shrugged. “Anything ma’am”
Then Phila turned to dad and said casually. “Stop us here”
Dad turned to her in surprise and said in a hostile tone. “Why should I stop you here? Don’t you know it’s risky out here?”
“Please, stop me here” Phila said with her tone betraying how much effort she was putting to fighting the anger brewing inside of her.
Dad ignored her and continued driving.
“Mike! Are you deaf or something! Stop me here or I do something stupid!” Phila yelled angrily.
I and Fiona were startled by Phila’s rage. I didn’t know who to support in the fight, I wouldn’t advice dad to stop her on the road at that hour of the night, and I couldn’t try to talk Phila into agreeing to dad’s terms else it would look i was taking sides because he was my dad. So i kept quiet and was looking at the drama.
“Ma’am its okay, let him drop us at home” Fiona said softly.
“No, I don’t want him anywhere close to my house. Stop us here!” Phila and tried to drag the steering, dad pushed her back with a hand and shouted at her.
“Will you stop the madness right now! What is your problem! I am taking you home, leave it or take it!”
“Mike! Don’t dare me! i am going to crash this car!”. Phila fumed.
“ Go ahead!” dad retorted angrily and left the steering. The car started wheeling off the road in full speed, fear engulfed us all including Amaka who started barking. Phila immediately grabbed the steering as the car was about over the bridge and shouting at dad.
“What is this madness! Do you want to kill us all?”
“You started it! Finish it!”. I replied and placed his hands on his head while he pressed hard on the throttle.
I and Fiona started begging him as the car started running zigzag on a bridge on a high way swerving through cars and cars dodging us.
Dad finally took the steering and there was a moment of peace. But for ten seconds and then the sound of a siren behind us brought back the tension.
We all turned behind us and behold it was cop chasing after us.
“Oh shit!” Fiona cursed and sat silently.
Phila was so mad at dad but kept quiet. She pretended as i she wasn’t moved by the situation as she relaxed her back on the chair and kept her eyes on the road.
“Don’t worry, we will lose him” Dad said looking at the rear mirror.
I turned to Fiona. “ Don’t worry, you will be fine” She just nodded and remained quiet.
“Pull over!” The cop in the police car said through a loud speaker.
To our surprise, dad laughed out loud and said, “ The game has just begun!” then he pressed hard on the engine, the car let out a loud scream and sped off.
That moment, i knew dad was not normal. Staying alone all those years had altered his sense of reasoning.
The truck swerved through cars, while the police car kept up with us. There was a Honda jeep in front blocking our way and a lorry coming in full force with its head lamp blinding. Behind us the police car was almost closing in on us. Then dad scared the living day light out of us. He entered the lane the truck was coming from and we were seeing our deaths right in front of us.
“Mike! Dad! Oohhh!” everyone of us was shouting.
Just a slight gap between the Honda jeep and the lorry, that was where dad positioned the steering and our truck narrowly entered, but the lorry scattered dad’s side mirror. That same instant, he turned the truck past in front of the jeep and headed opposite direction. We saw the police car drive past us. There was no way they could stop and reverse, we had gone farther and turned another lane before that.

We stopped in front of Phila’s house. She came down and slammed the door without looking back. Fiona and i sat silently in the back. She was obviously still in shock.
“I am sorry for everything”. I said looking into her eyes.
She nodded and quietly stepped out of the car, turned and waved me goodbye before going into the house.
“She’s a beauty, isn’t she?”
I was so irrigated at dad’s complacency to the danger he just put us through after cold bloodedly killing two persons in my presence.
“She reminds me of...”
“I don’t care!”
“What?” Dad asked turning to face me in the back seat.
“I said, i don’t fucking care what you wanna say. Get us out of here!”.
He heaved and sat with his back on the chair’s backrest looking at me from the rear mirror. “Do you think I enjoyed killing them?” he waited for me to answer but I turned my attention towards Phila’s door wondering what Fiona would be thinking of me.
“You will not understand because you are a bloody civilian!”. Dad continued after i didn’t answer him. “ Look son, sometimes a man does what he is not proud of to protect the ones he loves. Those guys saw us and they can easily identify us. If i hadn’t killed them, the police would know what we look like” Then he turned to Phila’s door and continued in a soft tone. “They will arrest her for something she knows nothing about and also your sweetheart”
I slowly turned to the rear mirror, dad’s face was clouded with pain. He was really hurting. And when he noticed that i was looking at him, he engaged the engine and said. “ Tomorrow, we are going to visit a friend”
“What for?” i asked as he started driving off.
“You will find out tomorrow”.
I turned and saw Phila looking at us through the window.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Last Venture by AdiscoPele: 7:20am On Aug 19, 2020
Thanks topher052 for the update.
Re: The Last Venture by unitysheart(m): 5:48pm On Aug 19, 2020
Correct update. Following back to back
Re: The Last Venture by topher052: 2:25pm On Aug 20, 2020
CHAPTER FIVE

We lodged in a cheap motel with degenerate whores hovering about. I was conscious of syphilis on the sheets and so used my shirt to cover the billow. Dad and Amaka slept in a different room.
Every time I shut my eyes, flashes of the dead men I saw that day flickered. And so I took a stroll to the stuffy bar and sat amidst drunken bike riders and Whores. A tall English man with tattoos all over his hands and pins on everything aside his face aside his eye balls and teeth came to take my order. He was putting on black singlet and short.
“Wa ca ai ger fur you?” He said struggling with the pins in his tongue that apparently was newly done.
“Beer please”.
He walked away and as I turned, I noticed dad seated adjacent at my right hand side. He seemed immense in the four bottles on his table. I figured he blended well with the kid of men in the bar.
The bar man returned and dropped the bottle on my table. “Cas” he said with his palm opened in front of me.
“what?” I asked, puzzled on what he meant.
“Cas” He repeated, and then robbed his fingers together, “Moyin”
“Money” I enquired. He nodded.
I dipped my hand in my pocket and remembered that I had no money. I didn’t know what to tell the guy that was beginning to grow impatient, so I smiled and said calmly. “Emm... Look, take the drink back since you haven’t opened it”
He seemed baffled at me. Then he said. “wo dor du dar here, moyin pwiz!”
That I understood perfectly well but pretended not grasp. “What are you saying? Please talk so i can get you”
“Ar sai, moyin!” He bellowed angrily.
That moment I knew he was up for trouble. I was tired of fighting, so I buried my pride and turned towards dad whose mind was far off. “Go tell him to give you money”
The man turned to dad and then to me. “Wa? Ar run ow him”
That was off my understanding, I knew I would have to stand and walk up to dad. Which I hated I was about doing. I didn’t want dad to feel important.
“Hawry” he said impatiently.
That statement provoked me, but I had to contain myself to avoid anything that would lead to someone dying. As I stood up, I noticed dad’s attention was now suddenly on the TV hung one corner on the wall. I followed his gaze to the news. Behold, dad and a lady that was me was on TV.
For a moment I was confused. I was too weak to think or come up with spontaneous approach immediately. Dad stylishly looked around and caught sight of me; he was startled on seeing me. I quickly walked up to him and was feeling stupid as I said “Let me have 5 bucks”.
Dad stared at me unbelievably and inquired. “What is it for?”
I pretentiously looked behind me to see what the bar man was doing and froze in shock. He was whispering something to a bulky bearded man and pointing at the TV and us.
“Let’s get out of here!” I said to dad in clinched teeth.
Dad saw the seriousness in my voice and abruptly stood up. We both started walking hurriedly towards the door and someone whistled behind us, I wanted to look, but dad held my hand and said as continued walking “Don’t!”
We were about leaving when two heavily built bearded white guys jackets stood on our way. My heart jumped into my mouth. Trouble again.
“Where do you think you are going?” The thickest amongst the two said.
The whores had started moving towards the bark of the bar. I looked at dad, for the first time I saw fear in his eyes. That meant we were in deep shit.
“Let us go please, we don’t want no trouble”. Dad said looking at the man’s big tummy.
The men ignored us and stood with their hands folded. A huge elderly short man with long hairs and beards putting on a black jacket opened exposing his fat tummy and jean that was so tight on him with a black boot on his feet came from behind and said to dad. “Are you that guy from the TV?”
Dad looked at him and said nothing. To our surprise, he exploded in laughter and slapped dad on the back. “You are wicked bro. Come with me!” he said pulling dad by the arm to a chair by the corner.
As we settled in, he said looking at dad. “You are a hard man! You are everywhere on the news! Although we hate blacks, but I find your stunt fascinating”
I was relieved finally. It was no trouble after all.
The fat man turned and beckoned the bar man over. I noticed that things had normalized in the bar, the tension was no longer in the air and so I felt more relaxed.
The bar man came over and fat man said to him pointing dad “Get him a bottle of beer, and he turned to me. “Beer?” I nodded. “Him too”
Two other chunky men joined us. They were thrilled how dad was able to attack a hospital with cops and disarmed them all, still kidnapped one of them. They were keen to know what happened to the cop we kidnapped. Dad told them he gave him to some guys who hired him for the job. That increased their interest.
“You are a paid worker?”. One of the men asked.
“Yeah” Dad said and drank from his bottle. “I get hired for shit like that”.
“Then you can work for us right?” The fat man said leaning closer to dad.
Dad glanced at me and nodded before drinking from his bottle. The fat man looked at the men with him, the acknowledged with a nod before he went on. “We got a little... problem”
Dad dropped his empty bottle and asked. “What kind of problem?”
“There’s this man troubling our business. We can’t take him out coz he is black. We don’t want to steer up war”
I heaved as I perceived where he was headed.
“Okay, you want me to take him out as a black man” Dad enquired.
He nodded and said, “Exactly. You must show that you’re black. Guess how much?” he grinned and rest his back on the chair looking at dad.
“How much?”
He leaned closer “Two thousand bucks!”
I could see the satisfactory look on his face when he mentioned the amount.
Dad thought it through and said. “Two thousand five hundred. This is a drug case. You will give me half now and half after the job”
The men looked at each other in a deliberating way and the other two nodded. Then the fat man turned to dad. “How can we trust you since we don’t know you?”
Dad sat back and pointed to me. “He will stay here with you until I return, and if you don’t see me, kill him!”
I couldn’t believe dad was that heartless enough to trade me for a mere two thousand five hundred bucks. But i said nothing, only shot dad an angry stare which he didn’t bother to acknowledge.
The men looked at each other again and the fat men turned to dad. “Who is he to you? And how is he important to us?”
“He is my son. I just want to tell you that I am a man of my words”
“Okay. We will keep him”
I turned to dad and almost yelled at him but kept quiet.
“We are counting on you to give us a good job”. One of the men on the table said.
“I will, trust me. I will come tomorrow” Dad said and stood up.
The men hesitated. Then another of the two men said. “We are going to keep him here with us. We got a nice room; he can go in with as much girls as he wants drinks and food. Just to be sure you will come tomorrow”.
I could see dad was taken off guard, i believed he had another plan but they just changed it. Immediately dad switched to his normal countenance and smiled. “Okay, I don’t mind. Expect me by 10 am”
I felt something stabbed me deep in my heart. What kind of father do I have?
“Alright, he can go with you. I trust you will come back”. The fat man said.
Dad shrugged and said. “Whatever you want”.
I stood up and started towards the door before they changed their minds.
I waited for dad in front of his room and when he came, I confronted him angrily.
“ What was that stunt you pulled there? Do you know how much I have?”
Dad ignored me and tried to open his door but I pushed his hands off the door knob.
“Don’t think I am going to be your cheap collateral tomorrow, because I am leaving here tonight!”
Dad turned to me and said. “I was trying to get us men for the job”
“What job?” I retorted.
“The one we got at hand. If i help them, i can ask them to assist me. Those guys got eyes everywhere” dad said and looked around if anyone was listening. Then he brought his voice low. “ I will not take the money, i want to use it to buy them over”
I pondered over it and asked. “What if they don’t accept? And how do you intend to kill a drug lord?”
Dad heaved and said in a weary tone. “Son, i sincerely don’t know. But I have to do it. I will do anything to see that you are safe”
Those words got to me. I slowly left the door and stood aside.
“It’s okay. I will be fine”. Dad said and entered his room.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Last Venture by Ann2012(f): 7:17pm On Aug 20, 2020
Well done OP

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Last Venture by extremelygolden: 9:49pm On Aug 20, 2020
BankyGee:

Wow... No wonder! Only ladies are golden... Guys like us, na bronze we be grin grin

Hahahaha. Guys like you are not bronze, jare. You are even too good to fall under such category. Our friend can't belong to that kind level, abeg cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Last Venture by BankyGee(m): 11:32am On Aug 21, 2020
Mike Jnr, is too housefly-hearted (chicken-hearted too much grin)

He makes me remember this wise saying from a legend:

"This Mike Junior dey make me vex sef, e too dey fear fear like woman,

but if nah to chop and clean mouth, na dia e go strong"

- do4luv14

Wales041, funbi2020, please don't ghost-read, help us like, share and comment. I get reward for all alive... I mean, non-ghost readers cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Last Venture by do4luv14(m): 1:27pm On Aug 21, 2020
Hahahahah guy you are not forgetting ooo,

BankyGee:
Mike Jnr, is too housefly-hearted (chicken-hearted too much grin)

He makes me remember this wise saying from a legend:

Wales041, funbi2020, please don't ghost-read, help us like, share and comment. I get reward for all alive... I mean, non-ghost readers cool

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Once Upon A December / 50 Shades Of Grey / {Nairaland's Closet Of Secrets}: #NlWriters.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.