Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,925 members, 7,821,242 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:15 AM

The Last Venture - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Last Venture (10460 Views)

I See Politics As A Call To Service, Not Money Making Venture- Wole Adedoyin / Onomeh's Valentine Venture. A Short Episode From A Girl Who Did The Valentine / Don’t See Politics As Money Making Venture – Niya Boss Warns Nigerian Youth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Last Venture by topher052: 5:19pm On Aug 22, 2020
CHAPTER SIX

Early the next morning at about 5 A.M I went to dad’s room but Amaka was the only one on the bed, she jumped down joyfully and came wagging her tail in front of me hysterically. I caressed her head hurriedly and called as I walked towards the bathroom. “Dad?” I got to the door of the bathroom and knocked. “Dad?” The door slowly opened. Immediately I realized he was gone. I turned beside the bed for his shoes and it wasn’t there. That instant I ran downstairs and went to where his car was, it was gone.
As I returned to dad’s room, I sat on the bed worried about dad’s safety. If only I knew i would have insisted he took me along at least i would worry less. So I laid on the bed trying to calm my thoughts but it was fruitless.
So I strolled downstairs, it was already dawn at the time. The bar was closed and no one was in view, even the whores that once crowded the place. It felt like I was standing in front of a decent motel.
I decided then to stroll down the high way just to clear my head, there was a dark shadow in human form in the middle of the road far in front of me. At first, I thought it was my imagination until it jumped in the air and sped into the woods by the road side. I was startled, everything in me stood still. I didn’t know if what I saw was real or just an imagination.
Slowly, I walked to the spot and looked towards the direction it entered, all i saw were thick trees and grasses; birds flying from branch to branch and making loud noises, but nothing seem to look like what I saw earlier.
I heaved a sigh of relief feeling I was only imagining things and was about continuing my walk when I spotted a shadow flew past in the woods and before I could get a grasp of it, it had gone. I stood puzzled, wondering if I was going mad again, then four more flew past almost like a flash. That was when I knew I wasn’t seeing things but reality, cold air encompassed me, in the fright I turned and started walking hurriedly back to the hotel. Each time I looked in the woods, it felt like few more flew past. I didn’t look again and increased my speed.
I was almost close to the motel when I saw one of the smokes on top the roof, acting like it was looking out for something or someone.
Immediately I jumped behind a tree and laid on my tummy watching the strange thing. It continued looking and then crowed like a chicken five times, the black shadows started flying into the motel in large numbers from the woods. After they had all entered through the closed front doors, the one on the roof flew into the bar section.
I slowly came out from under the bed and stood looking at the green and milk one storey building with about ten rooms on the top floor and same at the down floor. At the corner; a downstairs with reception on one door and bar on the second. I looked at the cars and bikes parked in front and wondered what was happening to the people in the room. But to my surprise, the middle door on the down part of the motel house opened, a beautiful blonde came out dressed up in a red mini gown and high black boot, her face looked tired like she had little sleep the previous night . She looked on both sides before walking away through another route.
I slowly moved closer, feeling slightly confident after seeing the lady. I walked to the door the lady came out from and carefully knocked while looking out for those black smokes. I knocked again and the door flung open, a big white man, with fat belly, bald head and full beards came out in boxers. The map of his rod from his boxers made me look away abruptly.
“Yeah?” he said looking at me suspiciously.
“Em...” I said and suddenly realized I hadn’t planned what to say, I really didn’t know what I was expecting to see.
The man stood waiting for me to say something. I cleared my throat and said. “ I wanted to know if you are done with the girl from yesterday”.
The surprised look on his face was puzzling to me. “ which girl?”.
“The blond, the one in red gown”. I said.
He was completely flabbergasted. then he looked behind him as if trying to see the girl i was asking for, and then to me. “No girl slept here last night”
I smiled and decided to let it slide, perhaps he doesn’t want me to know about the girl I just saw leaving his room.
“Oh sorry, It must be the next room”. I said smiling stupidly pointing at the room on my left. He brought out his head and looked at the door.
“Rapthon?” he asked me.
I wondered what sought of stupid name was that.
He continued. “He is gay!”
I looked lost, then apologized and left his door.
Back in my room, I sat in fear wondering what happened. I had forgotten all about dad and was worried about leaving, but I couldn’t lave because I had no cash and must wait for dad.
i suddenly heard barking. I stood up and rushed to dad’s room. Amaka was barking at the wind blowing the window curtain. She was practically alert and serious. I knew she wouldn’t be barking over nothing and stood by the door looking at flying curtain in fear.
“Shut that dog up I want to sleep!”. Someone shouted from two rooms away.
“Who brought a dog to a hotel?” Someone else yelled.
As i turned to look and see if anyone was coming out of their rooms and turned back to the window, it felt like I saw someone jumped out through the window in a flash. Amaka ran closer and placed her front legs on the wall barking.
That moment i realized i wasn’t seeing things, something was definitely wrong with the motel.

Later that day, I sat in front in front of my room waiting for dad. I had sat there all morning, watching as the bike riders all drove off and normal people drove in an out of the motel.
It was past two, I wasn’t hungry, every car’s engine or horn I heard resembled dad’s.
The bar man from the previous night came out from the bar and immediately looked towards where I sat like he knew I was there. I looked away and focused my attention on the road for dad. After few seconds, I subconsciously looked towards bar man’s direction, he was still looking at me. I then took interest in such suspicious look and turned my attention to him. He had a toothpick in his mouth and his eyes were awfully ominous.
I locked eyes with him for about thirty seconds, before he returned to the bar. That gave me grave concern, why was he looking at me in such manner?
Just then, dad drove in and parked. I was so relieved. He went to the back seat of his truck and carried something that looked like football in a black nylon. Then he looked up and saw me, he nodded while I shot him a relieved smile.
I followed dad to his room and was dying to tell him about the black smoke but wanted more to know how he went.
As he dropped the nylon under his bed and sat tiredly, I asked leaning on the door, afraid to come in.
“ Did you succeed?”
Dad looked at me amusingly for awhile before he took out the gun under his belt and dropped it on the bed. “You mean, If I succeeded in killing an innocent man?”
I didn’t see it that way. That moment, I realized I supported killing.
Dad stood up and took off his shirt. There were lots of scars on his body. His body was like one with multiple stabs and cuts. “Yeah. I will need to see those guys later tonight”.
I stood looking at him wondering how he got the information on how to track down his target, and how was he able to get his target. My curiosity pushed me to ask. “How did you know how to find him?”
Dad looked at me and then laid on his back. “I didn’t”. Then he turned to his shirt. “There’s money in my chest pocket. Take it and get food”.
I looked at the shirt hanging on a hook in front of the wade robe and nodded. And before I could talk about what I saw, dad had slept off.

Later that evening. I was consciously lying on my bed when a knock came on the door. “Who?” I asked.
“Let’s go meet our client” Dad said.
I struggled up from the bed and went to get the door. Dad was standing with the black nylon. He looked at me stiffly and said. “Let’s go!”.
We entered the busy hall and stood by the door looking for the men from previous night. I spotted the fat man seated with two different older bike riders, all weirdly dressed in their usual attire. I pointed them to dad and we walked to their table.
As soon as the fat man saw us he smiled. “Hey friend, got me good news?”
Dad observed the men with him silently and turned to the fat man. “Let’s go to a private place”.
The fat man still sat complacently and asked again in a mucking tone. “You couldn’t get the job done?”
“Let’s see somewhere else or I will put you in trouble”. He studied dad’s face and sensed the seriousness in dad’s tone. Then he nodded to the men with him and stood up leading the way while dad followed and I behind dad.
The fat man led us into a small room with two degenerate old men playing card. He stood looking at the men who paused what they were doing and staring at us. They soon understood what the fat man’s silence meant, stood up and left.
After the old men had gone and shut the door behind them, the fat man turned to dad. “So? What is you want to tell me?”
Dad turned the nylon over and a bloody fall rolled out and stopped in front of us; it was a black man’s head.
The fat man was apparently taken by shock. He stood staring at the head without saying a word. I hadn’t thought that dad was as brutal as carrying a human head in a nylon as though it was some kind of package.
“Is that not Lord Lex? The head of red flag cartel?”. The fat man asked and then turned to dad in awe. “How did you do it?”
“That’s not important now, I don’t want you to pay me, I need your help. I believe I did beyond expectation, you wanted me to catch a fish, I caught a whale instead”
The fat man stood looking at dad. Then he said as he moved closer to the head. “I almost underestimated you”. Then he bent over, used his leg to turn the face upwards. After he was satisfied, he turned to dad. “What kind of favour that is more than two thousand bucks, I hope it is what I can afford?”
Dad walked closer and asked in a low tune. “Heard of ghost gang?”
I could see a vivid shock on his face. Then he nodded. Dad heaved a sigh of relief and continued. “They want my son dead. I want you to help me take them down!”

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Last Venture by AdiscoPele: 5:39pm On Aug 22, 2020
@Topher, I think you need to put this into motion picture. It will be a great thriller. Good job abd thanks for the update.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Last Venture by Ayemileto(m): 6:16pm On Aug 22, 2020
Nice story @topher052

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Last Venture by greatme2good(f): 7:13pm On Aug 22, 2020
Chai, father and son have no peace. Nawaa o.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Last Venture by AmazingELixir: 9:17pm On Aug 22, 2020
cool

Topher052..tuale

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Last Venture by Nobody: 12:51pm On Aug 23, 2020
Magnificently breathtaking

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Last Venture by topher052: 11:36am On Aug 24, 2020
CHAPTER SEVEN
The fat man took us to another dim lighted room crowded with ominously thick and fat looking men with beards almost reaching their tummies and some even braided theirs with different crazy hairstyles, pierces and tattoos coupled with their rock star outfits.
Most of the men were on the snooker table, others sat drinking and smoking while gambling with cards. As the door opened, they all turned and on seeing us paused with a ‘who are these fuckers look on their faces’. The fat man walked in and beckoned us in. Dad was carrying the nylon walking behind the fat man while i followed from behind.
A huge man that should be slightly more than seven feet tall; I would say he is a giant, intercepted and stood in front of dad. “Who are you looking for?” He asked in a thick baritone.
Dad was as tall as his chest and looked like a skinny boy in front of him.
“He’s with me” The fat man quickly said.
“Yes I know, why did you bring in niggars here?” The tall man asked.
“He’s got something for the gang, I want to introduce him to Sniper” The fat man argued.
Then the giant man saw the nylon in dad’s hand and looked dad in the eyes, maybe he saw the confident in dad’s eyes or something else that made him moved aside while looking at us curiously.
We walked up to the gambling table and they all turned to us with cards in their hands, some had burning cigarettes hanging on their lips. They said nothing waiting for the fat man to speak up.
“Calidon” the fat man said.
They all chorused. “Calidon”
Then the fat man turned to us and pointed to dad. “This man have something for us”. Then he beckoned dad to hand him the nylon. Dad gave the nylon to him and he looked at the men who curiously stared at it. Then he opened the nylon and brought out what was inside. The men on the table were apparently mesmerised and were transfixed at seeing the bloody head on the nylon on top of their table.
“He did it?” One of the men asked looking surprisingly at dad.
“Yes, and alone” the fat man replied and they were all astonishingly looking at dad.
“Why”. A thick man with the longest beards at the main seat on the table who had been observing silently asked.
The fat man bowed and then took a glance at dad nervously before he replied. “He... he wants us to help him take down the ghost gang”
There was a disapproving look on the faces of the men seated on the table except the thick man who sat expressionlessly looking at dad.
“Who can tell who they are? Do you wanna draw attention to us?”. Another guy from the table shot at the fat man.
“And you agreed?” another with an eye patch opposite the one who spoke asked.
“That’s why I bought him here”. The fat man replied and focused on the thick man who remained in the position he had been since we came in.
The group on the table then turned to the man the fat man was looking at as though waiting for him to make the final say. He then pointed to dad and motioned him over with a finger. Dad moved three steps forward and stopped in front of the table.
The thick man leaned forward and placed his big tattooed hands on the table “You did this without any help?” He asked screening dad’s countenance.
I was expecting dad to show slight sign of fear like I was nervous and scared that trouble may erupt, but dad was confident and completely void of fear.
“He asked for the child and I got the father instead. You ask questions coz you don’t know who is standing before you”. Dad said stiffly.
The man winced thoughtfully and nodded. Then he rested his back on his chair and asked. “Who is that man behind you?”
“My son, the one they want to kill”. Dad replied without taking his eyes off the thick man.
“What if we decline to help you and kill you right here?”
Dad smiled and shook his head. “You can’t kill me”.
The thick man turned to the giant standing observantly at his right and nodded. The giant started towards us ominously, everyone close to him moved away, including the men at the table, except the thick man who sat comfortably lie he was about to enjoy the show.
I was overtaken by fear and turned to the door, a massive man stood there with his fat arms crossed across his broad chest.
Dad quickly moved backwards shielding me with his body and hands spread apart as the giant came towards us. The big rushed over and threw a punch, dad quickly pushed me out of the way and docked. The giant came again threw another punch dad dropped on his butt and the giant narrowly missed; that instant, before the giant could return his hand, dad gave him a strong uppercut between his legs. I could see the excruciating pain written all over the giant’s face as he locked his knees, bent and held his rod. Quickly dad jumped up with a strong blow in his neck and simultaneously gave him a head butt on his face, the giant fell heavily on his back. Dad jumped with all his might and elbowed the huge human in his neck, the giant opened wide his mouth and eyes, then blanked out.
There was an odd silence in the room, every one shot dad a surprised look as he stood up. The guy at the door came to attack but wasn’t as confident as he was before. Dad positioned and waited for him.
“Stop!” the thick man said and stood up. “You have proved your point. Now let’s talk”.
Few minutes later, we were seated with the men at the table while the fat man who brought us in stood behind. They offered us a glass of whisky and cigarette. We formally introduced ourselves, the thick man introduced himself as Sniper, he was the leader of the gang and hardly could anyone see him, but were privileged to. The fat man behind us happens to be the leader of Snipers recruits and the giant dad killed was one of Snipers strongest bodyguard.
“The ghost gang are invisible. They can be anyone, even you...” Sniper said, then suspiciously looked at I and dad before he continued. “... I have a loyalist whom I asked to identify with the gang in case of raining day. We are not going to get involved, but we can give you few hints on how to locate them”.
The urge to ask about the smoky creature was eating me up. I felt since we were accepted and talking freely I could get rid of my curiosity but I had to wait for my chance before saying anything.
“How do we find this guy?” Dad asked.
“He will be here tomorrow night. Don’t worry about the bills; we will take care of your bills for the longest time you stay here”. Sniper said with a phoney smile that harboured a devilish intent.
Dad turned to me and smiled briskly. Then turned to Sniper. “I will need some of guys, maybe not your men, but get at least three confident guys for me”
Sniper nodded and turned to the fat man behind us. “Cable, get him boys from rapture zone”
“Okay boss” Cable said and remained where he stood.
“I guess that’s for now, every other information, Cable will relate it to you” Sniper said and rested his back on his chair looking at dad expressionlessly.
Cable tapped us on our shoulders. “Lets go”
We stood up and walked out of the room jumping over the massive body still lying on the floor.
We came back to the bar, Cable led us to his table. He called a young beautiful and sexy blond in transparent black mini gown that showed her inner red g. String and unclad sizable pointed boobs. I remembered her immediately she came closer.
“Tell Maddick to come over” He said to the girl.
She nodded and left. Her buttocks were so round and firm I got an erection looking lustfully after her.
“You wanna Bleep? On the house man. Everything on the house” Cable said.
“No, I mean, I don’t wanna do such now”. I said smiling.
Dad followed my gaze and then turned to me. “If you don’t want her I take her!”
Cable laughed and said. “Sandy, she’s the best girl here. She can make you cum a hundred times”.
“Really? Then I want her” Dad said keenly.
Before we finished, the bar man strolled over and stood beside the table. He first took a glance at me before focused on Cable.
“Get us beer” Cable said and Maddick walked away.
I leaned over and asked Cable. “Have you seen a black smoke around here?”
He shot me a surprised look. “Black smoke? What kind of smoke?”
I turned to dad who was looking at me puzzlingly.
I wondered if I should go on, dad and Cable were waiting for me to speak up. I heaved and wanted to start telling them what I saw that morning when I spotted Maddick coming with our drinks. I paused and sat back stealing nervous glances at him.
Maddick came to our table and started dropping a bottle each in front of us. Cable leaned closer and asked. “What about the smoke? Talk I am listening”
Maddick turned abruptly and shot me an ominous look. That moment I knew there was trouble lurking but I waited for him to leave before I opened up, perhaps Cable maybe oblivious of it.
As soon as Maddick was out of sight, I leaned over and said in a whisper “I saw couple of humanlike figures in smoky form. They entered every room and a particular one entered the bar...”
“Did you smoke when you saw them?” Cable interrupted me and laughed.
I turned to dad, he seemed to believe me as he was looking keenly at me.
“No, I wasn’t” I replied Cable.” I am certain of this”.
Cable studied me for a while and then leaned closer. “The last guy who said this nonsense was found dead. He hung himself. We later discovered he was taking lots of cocaine”
“I know what I am saying” I defended.
Cable heaved and said. “Things like this, keep it to yourself. No one is going to believe you”. Then he opened his bottle and drank from it.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Last Venture by enigma0: 11:59am On Aug 24, 2020
Our one and only Topher, thanks for the update BankyGee, I fess you gly pu7pl3 ann2012

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Last Venture by unitysheart(m): 4:25pm On Aug 24, 2020
Following patiently.

1 Like

Re: The Last Venture by KelvinCoaster(m): 6:05pm On Aug 24, 2020
''Things like this, keep it to yourself.No one is going to believe you''.

Reminds me of good old days on campus!

Nice one Nebechukwu Christopher!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Last Venture by BankyGee(m): 6:44pm On Aug 24, 2020
Mike Snr giving me joy back to back.
topher052, thanks for the update. Always at your back forever cool
enigma0, thanks for the mention bro...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Last Venture by gly(m): 11:57am On Aug 26, 2020
enigma0:
Our one and only Topher, thanks for the update
BankyGee, I fess you
gly
pu7pl3
ann2012

For real brother!
Thanks for the mention.

Thanks Topher, More grace!!!
Re: The Last Venture by Ann2012(f): 6:20pm On Aug 26, 2020
enigma0:
Our one and only Topher, thanks for the update
BankyGee, I fess you
gly
pu7pl3
ann2012

Thanks for the mention
Re: The Last Venture by extremelygolden: 12:41am On Aug 29, 2020
Topher052!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Last Venture by BankyGee(m): 1:26pm On Aug 31, 2020
extremelygolden:
Topher052!
Lol grin grin grin cheesy
Re: The Last Venture by extremelygolden: 10:43pm On Aug 31, 2020
BankyGee:

Lol grin grin grin cheesy

Our BankyGee, you know say Topher too much, abi? That guy sure knows how to render me speechless sha.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Last Venture by Nicklaus619(m): 11:19am On Sep 01, 2020
Topher on the beat. Carry on brother, this shit right here will make a blockbuster thriller when u put it to screen
This is a fucking raw talent u got bro, u should be writing for marvel and stuff cool
Re: The Last Venture by gly(m): 10:16pm On Sep 01, 2020
Nicklaus619:
Topher on the beat. Carry on brother, this shit right here will make a blockbuster thriller when u put it to screen
This is a fucking raw talent u got bro, u should be writing for marvel and stuff cool

Exactly!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Last Venture by BankyGee(m): 11:35am On Sep 02, 2020
extremelygolden:

Our BankyGee, you know say Topher too much, abi? That guy sure knows how to render me speechless sha.

No lies sis. The talent too much smiley

1 Like

Re: The Last Venture by topher052: 8:44pm On Sep 02, 2020
CHAPTER EIGHT

I was fast asleep when someone knocked on my door. I heard it but decided to ignore, but the faint-unconfident knock persisted. So I sat up looking at the door. The knock came again.
“Who is that?” I grudgingly said and stood up walking towards the door. My conviction was that dad was the one at the door.
“Who?” I asked when I got to the door.
“It’s I, please open up”. Someone whispered.
I looked behind me and then at the door, that moment, I was fully awoken and wondered if I should open up or not. Then I found myself asking again. “Who?”
“The barman”
I became fully conscious. I wanted to call dad on the phone should in case the barman got trouble, but I had no phone. So I asked again, unsure what was behind the door waiting for me. “What do you want?”
“It’s about the thing you saw” Maddick whispered.
“The smoke?” I asked feeling curious.
“Yes, Please open up, I don’t want anyone to see me here”.
I heaved and summoned some courage before I opened the door. Maddick pushed himself passed the ajar door and nudged me aside hurriedly as he hurried into the room. I turned to him behind me, he was restless and looking through the little space between the door. I looked outside the corridor on both sides if anyone was with him before I shut the door and focused on him.
“You are in grave danger. As long as you saw the Mboku’s you will have to die”. Maddick said tensely.
I slowly walked towards him and asked. “Who is Mboku?”
“The smoke figure”. He said and looked around the room cautiously. “They killed my friend and held me prisoner same with every man you see here. They literally live here. As long as you haven’t slept with any of them yet, you are safe. But you are not, you...”
That instant I remembered dad went in with the young sexy blond. I quickly ran out of the room in just boxers while Maddick was yet talking and went to dad’s room; I wanted to knock but ended up kicking the door open. The girl was naked on cowgirl posture on top of dad. She screamed, jumped off dad and covered herself with the bed sheet.
I ignored her and went to dad. Dad was fast asleep but his rod was hard as rock. I shook him trying to wake him up.
“Leave him alone!” She cried pushing my hand off dad. I nudged her hard and she fell off the bed, then I looked around the room for water, the bathroom door was open. I rushed in and took a bowl and fetched water from the shower. I returned to the room and saw the girl standing in front of the door naked, looking ominously as me.
“Don’t wake him up!” She said coldly.
I didn’t know the thing about her that frightened me, could it be her confidence or the look on her face which depicted danger?
“Why?” I courageously asked.
“Don’t be stupid! Can’t you see he is enjoying himself?” She said and moved closer.
I turned to dad whose mouth was open as he Snored . She was looking at dad too. I quickly emptied the water on dad’s face. He jumped up and impulsively reached for the first drawer of the cabinet stool, retrieved a pistol, spun and pointed it at it me. I raised my hands up looking horrifically at him. When he stabilized within the seconds, he winced and asked. “Son? What are you doing here?”
I slowly brought down my hand and looked for the naked blond, she had disappeared. Dad quickly covered himself up with the bed sheet and asked again. “What are you doing here?”
I ignored him, rushed to the door, opened it and looked on both sides of the corridor, she was nowhere in view. Then I returned to the room “We have to leave here now!” I said and walked to the wade robe, opened it and saw Amaka inside. She ran out happily and wagging her tail around me. I turned to dad surprisingly. “What is she doing in there?”
Dad too seemed surprised and was looking at the happy dog.
I shrugged and waved it aside, took dad’s shirt and trouser, tossed it on him. “Get dressed, we have leaving here now!”
“What’s going on?” Dad asked looking at the clothes lying on his laps and shoulder.
I stood in front of him and said. “That bitch you shagged is a fucking witch!”
Dad was lost; he shut me a puzzled look and asked. “Bitch? I didn’t sleep with any girl”
That moment I remembered the man from the previous day who denied sleeping with any girl. Then turned to Amaka who stood beside me looking at dad. What had dad done to her that she is not all over him as usual?
“You are bewitched, trust me! We have to leave!” I said and looked around the room expecting to see something strange. Then turned to dad who was still puzzled. “We really have to leave”
“No” Dad said, picking up his boxers and sliding it on “We have free accommodation, free drinks and free boys to help us out. I even heard the girls are free too, everything is on the house. Why should we leave? You talking about a girl, I can’t remember coming home with any girl. Yes I had a quickie in the toilet at the bar, that’s all”
I then began thinking if dad truly was hypnotized. Maybe she casted a spell on him and walked through the wall to have sex with him. Then I realized I could also be a victim, what if she had done same to me? Then I sat beside dad and narrated what I saw the previous morning, my encounter with the blond I met in his room and what the barman said to me.
Dad seemed sceptical. He scoffed and said. “Someone had sex with me and I am not aware? Come off it boy! That’s not possible!”
“How do you explain Amaka in the closet?” I asked.
Dad seemed confused and then said unsurely. “Could be she was in and I mistakenly shut the door”
I heaved and looked at the wall clock; it was 4:03 AM. Then I said. “Let’s wait and see if the smoke won’t come back this morning”.
I and dad sat on the bed silently waiting for day light to come while constantly looking at the clock.
“You said they entered each room?” Dad asked breaking the silence.
“Yeah...” I said and was interrupted by a rustling sound outside. I and dad exchanged a glance.
“Could that be it?” Dad asked looking outside through the window.
I shushed him and slowly stood up and carefully walked to the window, peeped out but the coast was clear. I turned to dad whose attention was attentively on me with stiff nerves. “I don’t think so”
Dad heaved and relaxed his nerves. I walked to the toilet to ease myself. Was about doing my business when I spotted Maddick from the toilet window hurrying off the premises with a backpack on his back looking above him at interval.
I watched closely and noticed something like a black cloud hovering above him. My interest was triggered, I wanted to call dad but decided to see what was about to play out. Suddenly, the cloud covered him and he struggled with it, then eventually collapsed on the floor and disappeared right before my eyes. I rushed to the room but dad had dosed off. I shook him hard “Dad!”
He woke up and turned to me hostilely “What?” He asked as he sat up looking at the place he once retrieved his gun.
“The barman is dead!” I said in a whisper.
“What? Who?” Dad asked puzzlingly.
“The tattoo guy at the bar with pins all over”
Dad frowned and asked. “How did you know?”
“I just saw the smoke kill him... I mean, it covered him up and he disappeared”
“What are you talking about? Someone disappearing?” Dad said.
“If you don’t believe me, just wait a little, we will go check when it’s dawn”. I said.
We stayed up the rest of the morning until it was bright outside. I looked at the clock; it was 7:30Am. Then I stood up and said to dad. “I m going to see if he is okay”
“Who?”
“The barman”
“Wait, let me come with you”. Dad said and stood up.
“Okay, let me get into something will join you here soon”. I said and went to my room.
Few minutes later I and dad stood in front of the bar. I could see dad was doubtful but wanted to believe I wasn’t hallucinating.
I looked at dad wondering if to knock. Dad nodded and knocked instead. No one answered. We exchanged glances and I knocked. No one answered. I looked at dad and knocked again severally. The reception door opened and a slim teenage girl in pink flowered handless gown came out looking at us.
“Yeah, good morning, why is no one responding in the bar?” I asked her.
She shook her head and said rudely. “Bar opens by 10 Am”. Then walked back inside before I could ask another question.
Dad turned to me. “It doesn’t look like anyone died or is missing”.
“Let’s come back by 11”. I said and we went back to our rooms.
I sat on my bed reviewing what I saw, what happened to the barman and wondered why I was the only one seeing these things. I lay back on the bed and before I knew it I dosed off.
I woke up feeling tired; sat up and looked at my watch, it was 12 noon. I went to take a quick bath and went to dad’s room. He wasn’t in. I went downstairs, strolled to the bar and found him with Cable and two heavily built men dressed in rock star costumes. I moved closer and stood side dad.
“Hey boy” Cable said smiling. The two men glared at me with disdain.
Dad turned and said. “Drag a seat”
I went to get a chair, dad made a space for me; I pulled the seat beside dad and sat. Cable was talking about the ghost gang.
“They are not the kind of group you can mess with; I wonder how you are going to pull this off. My advice, stay here. You got everything you need here” Then he paused and looked outside through the opened door. An ambulance just drove in.
“What’s that?” Dad asked.
I turned to dad and stepped his foot under the table. Dad turned to me and gave me an acknowledge look, and then turned to Cable.
“Cardiac arrest. He died this morning”. Cable said looking at the group of men that went into of the rooms on the door floor with a stretcher. Then he turned me. “Tell me about this cop you spoke about”
“He is one of them I could identify. He lives with a lady; I think she’s his girl friend. She’s a cop too”
“Does he know you knew who he was?” Cable asked.
“I don’t know”. I said and turned to the person Cable was beckoning over and behold it was Maddick. Dad shot me a disapproving stare and turned to Cable.
Maddick came over and Cable ordered for drinks. I was looking at him as he came and left, he didn’t even take a look at me. I was confused, how was it possible that he was alive?

5 Likes

Re: The Last Venture by enigma0: 11:00pm On Sep 02, 2020
It's Topher on the beat again. Thanks for the update BankyGee, gly, pu7pl3, ann2012

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Last Venture by elijahy1(m): 11:10pm On Sep 02, 2020
Nice one Mr. Topher

1 Like

Re: The Last Venture by extremelygolden: 12:45am On Sep 03, 2020
BankyGee:

No lies sis. The talent too much smiley

Thank you my fellow supporter.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Last Venture by Nobody: 1:10am On Sep 03, 2020
topher052:
CHAPTER EIGHT

Someone like me is ready to buy the story if its complete at the moment.

Buying it now is better than buying when it remains about 5 episodes left.
Re: The Last Venture by gly(m): 12:53pm On Sep 03, 2020
enigma0:
It's Topher on the beat again. Thanks for the update
BankyGee, gly, pu7pl3, ann2012

Thanks the great Enigma0 for the mention!
I must confess, putting these together, to sound as though one was dealing with a real life situations connotes touch of excellence!!!
Well done Topher!
More Grease to your elbow!!!
I hope Mike Snr. would not die o!
This one wey e don board vehicle to land of beyond. Topher abeg make e no die like that o! Atleast na hero e be o!
I can't wait to read about the fall out between Mike Snr. and the ghost gang, as well as how they were cracked down eventually!

Oga Nicklaus619 hope say our account money don dey rise o grin grin
BankyGee well done for the good works

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Last Venture by Nicklaus619(m): 1:56pm On Sep 03, 2020
gly:

Thanks the great Enigma0 for the mention!
I must confess, putting these together, to sound as though one was dealing with a real life situations connotes touch of excellence!!!
Well done Topher!
More Grease to your elbow!!!
I hope Mike Snr. would not die o!
This one wey e don board vehicle to land of beyond. Topher abeg make e no die like that o! Atleast na hero e be o!
I can't wait to read about the fall out between Mike Snr. and the ghost gang, as well as how they were cracked down eventually!

Oga Nicklaus619 hope say our account money don dey rise o grin grin
BankyGee well done for the good works

Baba the account don set oh, but I dey nominate you for financial accountant grin

E get why grin
Re: The Last Venture by gly(m): 4:23pm On Sep 03, 2020
Nicklaus619:

Baba the account don set oh, but I dey nominate you for financial accountant grin

E get why grin

Hahahahahah.
You too much boss!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Last Venture by AmazingELixir: 11:52pm On Sep 13, 2020
@topher052

Please notify us if the book is complete..will like to buy
Re: The Last Venture by carlleung(m): 11:08pm On Feb 28, 2021
Since no one mentioned me, I have a way to sniff out new content from Topher and here am I. I think this story will last for 3 years. Ride on Topher, I dey your back cool
Re: The Last Venture by Adesina12: 3:55pm On Apr 04, 2022
And it is getting topher
Na serious business here.
Sweet popcorn for you Topher052
Re: The Last Venture by dawno2008(m): 10:32am On Apr 05, 2022
I wonder where Topher is?
Re: The Last Venture by Adesina12: 11:13am On May 08, 2022
How do I get complete story @topher052
Sweet popcorn for you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Once Upon A December / 50 Shades Of Grey / Devil's Puzzle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.